• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wonderland Mafia GAME OVER: Town/Independent Win!

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's L-2 guys, and not even all of the people have posted. I would love to here what others have to say.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
unvote

vote Nicholas

Putting him at L-2 already? You are in full agreement with Chaco, despite it being the second post of the game and Chaco himself admitting that Riddle's post was "nothing but a joke," so I fail to see how this is a major "slip" by Riddle when he probably didn't put much thought into the post at all. Do you have anything to add to the situation?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Steel, that's why it is considered a slip.

I see nothing wrong with L-2 in all honesty, and the way you flip out about it makes me raise a brow. He is in not endangered of getting lynched within a page of the game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
unvote

vote Nicholas

Putting him at L-2 already? You are in full agreement with Chaco, despite it being the second post of the game and Chaco himself admitting that Riddle's post was "nothing but a joke," so I fail to see how this is a major "slip" by Riddle when he probably didn't put much thought into the post at all. Do you have anything to add to the situation?
Really, Steel? Even if I put Riddle at L-1, it wouldn't matter that much, because if someone quick-hammers, we've found a scum regardless of riddle's alignment.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
stop posting so much chaco. good **** getting us out of rvs.

i dont find much harm in riddle's post meaning i believe him when he says it was just a joke.

that said i dont find chaco suspicious for pushing the case since his actions stopped rvs, stirred discussion, and got things moving.

anyway, i find Nicholas the most suspicious of the band wagoners since his post seems "too safe" if you will

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing wrong with L-2. It's not like someone's going to get lynched this early into day one, and it's not like scum is going to quick hammer. Even L-1 wouldn't be bad; it might be scummy, but would not have any negative consequences. Any hammer at this point would find us an instant scum.

Omis

my friends were skinny
L-2 isnt too horrible but anyone who puts someone at L-1 at this early in the game is instant scum. There is no need for the game to be that close to a lynch at the beginning.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Off with their heads!:

Riddle (4): Macman, Chaco, Xiivi, Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024 (2): §teel, Cacti

Not Voting (6): Gheb_01, Omis, Omni, Tom, Marshy, Riddle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
It was more the nature of your post. You didn't add anything, just said "I agree, vote!"
We're only 2 pages into the game. The only thing to comment on was Chaco's case, and I did so by saying I agreed with him.

@Cacti
The idea was to generate some more pressure for Riddle, and see whether he cracks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
IGMEOY: Riddle (I got my eye on you)

I'll leave it at that for now, because there is no way I'm pushing his lynch on that little of basis.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The idea was to generate some more pressure for Riddle, and see whether he cracks.
Also, I was in full support of this idea, and I do not like the fact that it was undermined. There was no need to get panicky at L-2

FoS: Steel for that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
imo steel has not been panicky but has been cautious

the most legitimate vote on riddle has been macman's initial vote which is almost a meta joke but it would have been my first vote and apparently chaco's as well.

Omni, are you scum in this game?

i will also vote: nicholas to get that ball rolling

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh guys im town, just in case that wasn't already obvious to you by me just being in the game

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, even then Tom, there is a thing as to cautious.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you think that steel was being too cautious and that it is a scumtell? or are you just dragging along the semantic argument for the sake of

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
What's up Tom? Got any particular reasoning for your vote, or is it just to get a bandwagon rolling?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
He stated that he was trying to get the bandwagon rolling in the post where he voted... Stop skimming and pseudo-scumhunting, mafia.
I know that, the question was if he had any other reason he was voting me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
He stated that he was trying to get the bandwagon rolling in the post where he voted... Stop skimming and pseudo-scumhunting, mafia.
yikes.

interesting aggression u got going there, cacti.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Off with their heads!:

Riddle (4): Macman, Chaco, Xiivi, Nicholas1024
Nicholas1024 (3): §teel, Cacti, Tom

Not Voting (5): Gheb_01, Omis, Omni, Marshy, Riddle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote: Cacti He confirmed last to talk to his scumpartnersssssss.
When I first read this post I was interpreting it in a way that's very different from Chaco's. To me this post sounds as if Riddle was saying: "He was busy talking to his scumbuddies so he didn't have the time to confirm before the others." I don't know how the other players think about it but to me this sounds like the most obvious implication of this post considering that it's neither complex nor ambiguous but just the typical RVS sillyness. As a consequence I didn't (and still don't) see any harm in this post and I don't see the scumslip either. The way Chaco interpreted it was strange in so far as he didn't seem to notice the more obvious implications of the sentence or intentionally chooses to ignore/not respond to them. Maybe it's just me but I think it's a pretty huge leap from that quote to the idea that Riddle could have some knowledge that the other townies don't have (and thus must be scum) because other conclusions that are more logic than Chaco's are skipped. I don't think it's suspicious of Chaco to do this because - as it's been mentioned a couple of times before - it helped us to end the RVS very quickly and to me it seems that this was Chaco's intention more than anything else (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd still like to know why Riddle chose to make such an awkward defense though:

While day-talking scum might be the SWF norm, it is often not allowed in other places such as mafiascum where I am more familiar with the rules. I actually just ripped the joke vote idea straight from a game I have played on mafia scum. My post was not in any way, shape, or form meant to be legitimate scum-hunting and it was just a joke vote. I do see where you are coming from though.
This post just doesn't make sense to me because it completely lacks credibility. Riddle has played SWF Mafia since BIM if I remember correctly and he has evidently been scum before in Simpsons Mafia but all of a sudden he confuses the rules of SWF Mafia with those of Mafia Scum? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's having a hard time believing it.
I'm actually quite surprised that Riddle doesn't even mention the fact that Chaco simply cherry-picks the conclusion that incriminates Riddle the most and doesn't mention the fact that the post can be interpreted in less sinister ways that pretty much suggest themselves on their own. Instead he comes up with such a weak defense? I don't quite buy it and I'd like Riddle to elaborate on that.

Keep in mind though that the "most obvious implication" of that quote is the most obvious one in my opinion. What do others think about it? Which intepretation of Riddle's post makes more sense to you? Mine or Chaco's?

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
The point I was making there is that the idea for the joke vote was ripped straight from a game I had played in mafia scum. In that case someone was joke-voted because they confirmed last and the "reasoning" was that they confirmed last to have more time to talk with their scumpartners. All it was however was a joke vote and was immediately discounted as one. The case is similar for me except it wasn't discounted.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gheb...honestly, that's dumb. Mine was straight forward and non "cherry picked". But I do have quite a bit more experience in differing scum envirionments than you. So I didn't expect you to see it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The point I was making there is that the idea for the joke vote was ripped straight from a game I had played in mafia scum. In that case someone was joke-voted because they confirmed last and the "reasoning" was that they confirmed last to have more time to talk with their scumpartners. All it was however was a joke vote and was immediately discounted as one. The case is similar for me except it wasn't discounted.
Also note that most all MS games do not allow daytalk, so ripping off someone else to here will not.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
@Steel: we're always bros <3

L-2 isnt too horrible but anyone who puts someone at L-1 at this early in the game is instant scum. There is no need for the game to be that close to a lynch at the beginning.
Why is L-1 instant scum? You worried about an opportunistic quickhammer on page 2? Since I'm pretty sure that would not only be obvious as hell but just as plausible at either L-2 or L-1.

unvote: vote: marshy

where u @?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote riddle for 24. what's wrong with "reading too much into" something when it's rvs? -2

nick do you think it's important to have reasoning in the early stages?

gheb's interpretation was how i read riddle's first post

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ghebs interpretation was the one meant to be saw, where as what I stated was more subtext.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
nick do you think it's important to have reasoning in the early stages?

gheb's interpretation was how i read riddle's first post
Yes, I think that you need to reason everything beyond the RVS.

I also originally read riddle's first post the way Gheb did, but given the way Riddle floundered when Chaco pushed and a bandwagon developed, I decided something was up.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nicholas do you feel the votes on you are unjustified?
I feel that you justified your vote as much as can be expected at this stage of the game, but Cacti's justification was unsatisfactory, and I'm waiting for tom to answer post #64.

Quick question for you:
I know you read riddle's first post the way Gheb described, but what's your take on his defense when Chaco pushed?

@riddle,macman,omis
You guys haven't given us much to work with, so what's your take on the situation? Who do you find suspicious and why?

Top Bottom