• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wonderland Mafia GAME OVER: Town/Independent Win!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hello, and welcome to Wonderland Mafia! Glad to have you. I hope you don't mind a little madness, because there's much more than a little in Wonderland.

First, the pre-game copy pasta! It is delicious; you should have some.

References:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Theme-Specific References:
If you've seen Disney's Alice in Wonderland (as I'm sure most, if not all, of you have), then that should give you a pretty strong foundation for the flavor of this game. However, this game is primarily based on Lewis Carrol's original book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I'm not saying you have to go read the book in order to be successful in this game, but if you want to do some research on characters or events in the story, then a peak at the book's Wikipedia page may be useful.

Fundamentals:
1. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread. That includes communication with living players, dead players, and non-players. Just don't do it.
3. No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting. Learn2paraphrase.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed. If you make a spelling or grammar mistake, just clarify what you mean in a second post. If you make some sort of Freudian Slip, then it's up to you to deal with that in the game.

Voting and Lynching:
5. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Circus).
6. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. Your unvote must also be bolded (Unvote, Vote: Scumfever).
7. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
8. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. If the deadline comes and the 'no lynch' option does not have the majority vote but still has the most votes of any option, then there will be a no lynch.
9. If the deadline hits and a majority has not been found, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
10. In the event of a tie, the first player to reach that number of votes will be lynched.
11. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters Twilight, where all living players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
12. Once you are dead (flavor has been posted), you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
13. Days will last 10-14 real life days. I'm willing to extend deadlines in the event of extenuating circumstances like last-minute replacements or if a sudden burst of activity occurs toward the end of the Day.
14. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in prodding. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances.
15. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please PM me or post in thread.

Alive:
Omis Scumfever (Alice, disloyal Tracker) keeps her head!
6. Omni (The Gryphon, disloyal denizen of Wonderland) keeps his head!
7. Tom (The Hatter, disloyal Cop) keeps his head!
11. Xiivi (The Cheshire Cat, not-so-loyal, Almost-Certainly-Unbeheadable Messenger) keeps his head!

Headless:
8. Riddle (The Caterpillar, loyal Roleblocker) — lynched Day 1
5. Macman (The March Hare, disloyal Watcher) — beheaded Night 1
10. §teel (The Duchess, disloyal denizen of Wonderland) — lynched Day 2
1. Gheb_01 (The King of Hearts, disloyal Governor) — beheaded Night 2
12. Marshy (The White Rabbit, loyal Goon) — lynched Day 3
9. Chaco (The Mock Turtle, disloyal Mock Doctor) — lynched Day 4
3. Cacti (The Dormouse, disloyal Semi-Universal Backup) — beheaded Night 4
2. Nicholas1024 (The Queen of Hearts, mafia-aligned Royal Executioner) — modkilled Day 5

Replacements:
1. frozenflame751

Events:
Day 1 Begins: Down The Rabbit Hole....
Day 1 Ends, Night 1 Begins: Headless, He's A Very Good Height Indeed
Night 1 Ends, Day 2 Begins: A Little More Tea, A Little Less Hare
Day 2 Ends, Night 2 Begins: Speak Roughly To Your Headless Friend
Night 2 Ends, Day 3 Begins: Pardon Me, Sir. Oh Dear....
Day 3 Ends, Night 3 Begins: Arrive Late, Leave Early
Night 3 Ends, Day 4 Begins: Curiouser And Curiouser....
Day 4 Ends, Night 4 Begins: Oh, What A Mockery Of Death We Have Made!
Night 4 Ends, Day 5 Begins: I Breathe When I Sleep And I Sleep When I'm Dead
Day 5 Ends: GAME OVER! Town/Independent Win!

Role PMs
Night Actions
General Thoughts and Comments

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I haven't yet received my role PM when making this note:

The end of Day rule where if there is no majority and EITHER plurality vote wins OR no lynch occurs can have a fairly important effect on the game, esp. pertaining to lylo and opposing factions (indy v town v mafia). Make sure you think about which one you would like to use and why!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The end of Day rule where if there is no majority and EITHER plurality vote wins OR no lynch occurs can have a fairly important effect on the game, esp. pertaining to lylo and opposing factions (indy v town v mafia). Make sure you think about which one you would like to use and why!
Duly noted, Tom.

For this game, I feel comfortable with the rule that a lynch occurs at the deadline based on who has the most votes, even if it's not a majority. I will be moderately flexible with the deadlines, so hopefully this won't be too much of an issue. And if the town really doesn't feel comfortable lynching someone, there's always the option of voting for a no lynch. If the no lynch option gets more votes than any other candidate, then no one will be lynched.

Yet to confirm:
Nicholas
Cacti
Omis
Tom
Riddle (Hah! Tom Riddle)

No rush. I realize some people have just gotten their PMs and others are still asking for clarification on their roles.

Gah, Nick the ninja.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It's cool. Still waitin' on Cacti, Omis and Riddle.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You're right! Tom's post after yours took my attention so I glazed right over yours. Sorry 'bout that.

Just Cacti and Omis then.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's everyone! Down the rabbit hole you go....

*~*~*~*~*

KER-CHUNK!

Another head rolled across the grass, stopping quite lazily, upright, only feet from the stump that its former owner's body still slumped against. The field was littered with heads just like it, each freshly separated from the shoulders it had been resting on. A gruesome sight indeed, most observers would say.

Beyond the hedges that encircle the execution field, a small group of Wonderland's still-head-having denizens were gathered together, using the heads they had.

"Another one? That's eight today, by my count! At this rate, she'll reach numbers uncountable by morning."

"Uncountable because there will be no one left to count them."

"Indeed. The Queen's gone a tad bit loopier than she's been before and has ordered her royal card guards to behead anyone they see. Seems she doesn't even have to have proper suspicion of crime in order to order the offing of heads anymore."

"That's off-full!"

"But our heads are fully on."

"For now. That doesn't change the fact that she must be stopped. If we don't do something quickly, none of us here will have heads anymore! Oh, my head just can't bare the thought."

"So what something quickly does your head propose we do about it?"

"Well mine says we fight back! We find The Queen and we throw her to her own axes. The cards won't disobey their orders. Surely even The Queen and her followers will be subjected to the same fate as the rest of us. What do you think?"

"I think you're not making a lick of sense, girl."

"And I think that sense can't be made into a lick anyway, you daffy thing. Let's do it!"

Day 1 starts! Show that Queen that even crowned heads can roll!

Not voting:
Everyone

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote: Cacti He confirmed last to talk to his scumpartnersssssss.
Oh, and buddy, never does it say it's limited to night talk. So, where are you getting the confirming last to scheme from? Because, if you do not have that PM I do not see how you would know.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Oh, and buddy, never does it say it's limited to night talk. So, where are you getting the confirming last to scheme from? Because, if you do not have that PM I do not see how you would know.
What? You are reading way too much into that vote.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Off with their heads!:

Riddle (2): Macman, Chaco
Cacti (1): Riddle
Chaco (1): §teel

Not Voting (8): Gheb_01, Nicholas1024, Cacti, Omis, Omni, Tom, Xiivi, Marshy

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Riddle

Things in RVS should not be brushed away. It's important to look at things in it to start a case on someone that will lead to discussion...

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
vote: riddle

The wagon is leaving RVS land, better hop on quick! :D

Vote: Cacti He confirmed last to talk to his scumpartnersssssss.
Riddle, the way it's worded sounds like you're implying he wouldn't be able to talk to his scumbuddies after confirming. :p

Riddle

Smash Lord
vote: riddle

The wagon is leaving RVS land, better hop on quick! :D

Riddle, the way it's worded sounds like you're implying he wouldn't be able to talk to his scumbuddies after confirming. :p
I'm aware of how it sounded, however all I meant is that Cacti wanted some time to scheme and make safeclaims or something like that.

Unvote

I'm going to take my vote off though, since the only real reason was that Cacti confirmed last, so I decided to vote for him.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Indeed he did, which is a significant slip. Considering he would have to have insight to know.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Riddle, that makes no sense. If scum as daytalk, which I am assuming as it is the SWF norm, he would not have to do so in pre game. So unless you have insight, I see no reason to say something such as that.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Off with their heads!:

Riddle (4): Macman, Chaco, Cacti, Xiivi
Chaco (1): §teel

Not Voting (7): Gheb_01, Nicholas1024, Omis, Omni, Tom, Marshy, Riddle

Riddle

Smash Lord
Indeed he did, which is a significant slip. Considering he would have to have insight to know.
I fully understand what was implied by what I said, but it was not meant that way at all. All I was saying is that Cacti wanted some time to scheme.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle, that makes no sense. If scum as daytalk, which I am assuming as it is the SWF norm, he would not have to do so in pre game. So unless you have insight, I see no reason to say something such as that.
While day-talking scum might be the SWF norm, it is often not allowed in other places such as mafiascum where I am more familiar with the rules. I actually just ripped the joke vote idea straight from a game I have played on mafia scum. My post was not in any way, shape, or form meant to be legitimate scum-hunting and it was just a joke vote. I do see where you are coming from though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, there is a huge distinct difference between SWFmafia and MS mafia. So, I do not see why you would be using MS rules here, where the norm is daytalk. So applying MS rules all of the sudden was a clever excuse, but I'm not buying it.

And I understand that your vote was noting but a joke, but that is not what is relevant here. What is relevant is that you slipped, and my vote is legitimate.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, I do believe you are smart enough to know that SWF rules are copy pasted and nigh unchanging, so I am taking that excuse as null.

Top Bottom