• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
@tru here is what the Wolf guide thread explains:
Light-Stepping

difficulty- Medium

Lightstepping is the term used for the glitch where Wolf hits the ledge with his sideB and instead of grabbing the ledge, appears offstage right above the level of the ledge. This glitch is also possible with numerous other characters (Fox, Falco, Marth, Squirtle, Kirby etc), but it is easiest to do this with Wolf. There are two different forms of lightstepping, just like there are two different forms of Flash Cancelling: short, and long.

Research and opinion: Light-stepping was actually a forgotten technique of wolf's after scarring came in to play, so there was not much research in it's fesibility and was never looked into as being useful, but more of an outcome from a misplaced scar. well after researching it's capablities a bit more, I myself have began implementin gthis technique into my wolf style.

For one thing, most of my light-stepping research came from jungle japes, where I found the proper distance for light-stepping as well as the ability to chain multiple light-steps for edgeguarding, stalling, and mindgame purposes. It appears that the distance between the two upper platforms (length wise), and the main platform are the proper alignments for you to be able to properly Light-step.

Variants

-Infinite Light-Stepping- Used as a means of edgegaurding, and mindgame oriented play. In order to properly infinite light-step, the player must first be able to learn the distance and timing to jump during light steps. In order to make the desired results, the player must first light-step, immediately buffering(not really required to buffer) a jump, enabling them to either re-chain a light-step, or follow up with an edgegaurd.

-Light-Walling- Executing an infinite light-step while adding in aerials after the jumps. Can be a bit more technical, but still useful if done correctly, giving Bair a whole new definition of "walling".

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so its all placement basically? no weird button combo like scarring? and by weird button combo i mean a button combo at all haha like side b hold down

Zync

Smash Journeyman
A good thing to do is actually to anticipate lightstepping, or at least be ready for it, since lightstepping is based on position, you might not know when its going to occur, and an accident with it can be really bad :/, so I actually try to put second input in case it happens, with enough practice though, you can tell half of the time when its going to happen or not. And make certain movements which guarantee you a lightstep.

PD: Overusing that technique can cause oponents to read it, and, excluding wolf using Fair after the lightstep, you will get hit or gimped :/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So how much sleep is optimal to not feel exhausted all the time?

-Feels dead today after only 6 hours of sleep-

:018:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
@Joe they say to not feel sleepy you have to go to bed and wake up at consistent times, also when meal times are. You have to get your body in a cycle to not feel tired (which could take from one to two weeks) Also for naps, a 20 min to hour need should be all you need (they say if you sleep more then you feel even more tired). I do about 8 hours a night

@tru I dont know about a photo but to lightstep you hit the top of the ledge when you sideb if I remember correctly

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I either don't sleep for days at a time or sleep for like 13 hours straight.

I don't recommend either, as I am always tired.

But that might have to do with my body breaking down because swimming destroyed me.

And I don't exercise.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My body's natural sleep cycle tendencies doesn't coordinate with a 24 hour day... which is annoying because it's hard to force myself to go to sleep before a certain time.

:059:

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
Me

Wake up at 7

Go to bed when there are no good TV shows on or when Brawl starts to get boring

Usually about 8-10 hours

Also what is jump shining, is it just SH shine?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
What TV do you watch in Australia?

Or rather what television programs do you watch, because I can't wait for the answer of "Sony" or "Apex".

C.J.

Smash Master
@ Sleep conversation: 7-8 hours, consistent scheduling of it, appropriate meals, exercise, short nap when needed at most once a day, etc for monophasic sleep.

Unless you're me.

C.J.

Smash Master
A fair bit in terms of general theory. How many phases of sleep are you interested in?

There haven't been any "real" studies done by any noteworthy organizations/the government.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Tired of losing to Shugo's :falco: everytime (I always just get bodied by him, but have beaten Kismet/Keitaro/Lie's :falco:). Picking up :pikachu2:...

:018:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^You rhymed kain with kain.

Government 'studies' can be skewed too. Look at the food pyramid.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
PIKA

You're kidding right, I hope your kidding, if your not kidding I might have to kill you

Also...

Recently I was watching a pro Wolf video, and they used turnaround blaster when hit upwards so they could use bair

But I thought of a better, faster way

You know how when you hold shine you can turnaround

You can do it really quickly too

Endless possibilities

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The issue with shine (compared to blaster) is that it prevents you from influencing your momentum for a while. At least, that's the main reason I prefer blaster > shine.

tekkie

Smash Master
pretend there's a big picture of sakurai just outside the blast zone laughing at all of us, then you lazer him in the face

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Congratz guys on getting Wolf to a higher tier, I remember the days when he would always be in bottom/D tier hahaha. Always knew Wolf was legit, we just needed good people =)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
P. good man, the question is how YOU have been. Haven't heard from you since like early 2010 or so.

Top Bottom