• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Basically, what I'm saying is that if you play like a scrub, people will think you are just going to stand there and blaster them and while they are like "lol" you can be like "lol".

Olimar/D3/IC's this obviously doesn't work vs most the time, but this is assuming that this person does not jump. Given proper placement on the map, I don't see how it doesn't work, if they are so close to that they can hit you with a move that isn't a projectile.

I mean, I'm imagining this vs peach, and I guess peach has a counter, and if she has a turnip in her hand blaster isn't as good of an idea if she has the slidetoss, but peach has major lag on the get turnip move to the point where she doesn't always get one.

I didn't say it had to be the same range, I would figure that people would assume I was describing options to use in between said blaster usage to mix up stuff, given range. I forgot about Dacus, which is what I use vs peach when she grabs turnips.

I mean, when I type stuff I don't remind people to breathe while reading it.

Also I never-rarely play wifi. You just got to remember my competition is that bad. Except the people I lose to, most of those people are really good.
Idk man, idk. I do see what you're saying but Wolf isn't fast enough to get such a thing to work imo, unless your opponent is still playing like a scrub. Not going to derail this further btw lol, to each their own at this point.

Who are the younger wolf mains? Am I the youngest?
/Randomness ftw :D

I'm 16 btw turn 17 next April

10 bucks says I tower over all of you =D
This statement just made me remember when I was that age and just started getting into the forums and whatnot. I miss Arc :( Damn, how the **** did I get so old. Yet I still can't legally drink in this country. Being 20 is stupid. But to answer your question, I believe so :o Am I the next youngest?...

"Tower over" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you're like 6'3"-6'4" right?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who cares about anything anymore?

[glow]JOE SEAGULLMAN THE TURKEYWONDER RAUCHER HAS LOST TO A PEACH, LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD NEVER DO AGAIN!!![/glow]

Namesearch this Illmatic.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Idk man, idk. I do see what you're saying but Wolf isn't fast enough to get such a thing to work imo, unless your opponent is still playing like a scrub. Not going to derail this further btw lol, to each their own at this point.
Well, it's character dependent as I said, and I envision this vs peach and if the WOLF is godly at power shielding you can do anything vs peach. Especially if she doesn't jump. like, wtf.............HOW DO YOU LOSE TO A PEACH THAT DOESN'T JUMP????????

She does like 100 damage in one combo!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE AIR!!!

I am not a fan of you not wanting to derail this thread, it's not like we are talking about the metagame at the moment, it's basically politics and Seagull losing to peach.

Who are the younger wolf mains? Am I the youngest?
/Randomness ftw :D

I'm 16 btw turn 17 next April

10 bucks says I tower over all of you =D
I think I'm the oldest, and DM is 16 as well. Oldest and Youngest are in Nebraska.

Who cares about anything anymore?

[glow]JOE SEAGULLMAN THE TURKEYWONDER RAUCHER HAS LOST TO A PEACH, LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD NEVER DO AGAIN!!![/glow]

Namesearch this Illmatic.

I know I was mad about that too, Joe is breaking my heart.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Damn it Joe why

oh and mark you've got nothing on BigD, ****er is 6'9.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
No longer :peach: slayer. Damn thought you guys give me more credit for beating Junebug .

It's hard to explain, but a :peach: that never full hops and stays perfect distances in sh to land and ps is deadly. I continue to Fair/Bair and she shields. Plus he's really good
at punishing. Tis hard. Llod doesn't throw out tons of moves like Illmatic. He just plays super smart.
:018:

:phone:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This statement just made me remember when I was that age and just started getting into the forums and whatnot. I miss Arc :( Damn, how the **** did I get so old. Yet I still can't legally drink in this country. Being 20 is stupid. But to answer your question, I believe so :o Am I the next youngest?...

This. I remember being 15 and going to tournys and being one of the youngest people at tournys, and now I'm 20 and it's like... what?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I would like to discuss potential Jumpshine combos. Yesterday I jumped in the air and then used my second jump to do a Js vs my opponent as they were trying to land (They were about two :snake:'s height distance vertically from the Yi platform for where they were if wondering about positioning), which true combo'd into a back air.

I'm wondering how often this works and if it is not just situational. I'm thinking this could be another way we could get better and use it to be extremely safe verse characters who have good moves upon landing or trying to come back down. Or just another way to add damage.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I would like to discuss potential Jumpshine combos. Yesterday I jumped in the air and then used my second jump to do a Js vs my opponent as they were trying to land (They were about two :snake:'s height distance vertically from the Yi platform for where they were if wondering about positioning), which true combo'd into a back air.

I'm wondering how often this works and if it is not just situational. I'm thinking this could be another way we could get better and use it to be extremely safe verse characters who have good moves upon landing or trying to come back down. Or just another way to add damage.

I mentioned this awhile ago and everyone was like, 'wtf no that doesn't happen.' It's definitely situational because the bair/fair aren't always guaranteed. I'm not sure at all of the inner workings though. XD

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If people shield too much then you just start to bait them. Instead of bairing them fall then grab them. Or just start to play a footsie game with them, force them to make a reaction, or footsie around them til you get into a position your comfortable in. Like, what can Peach do by just holding her shield that can possibly give you a reason to be afraid?

Cmon Joe your supposed to be our Peach slayer :awesome: very impressive win against June tho

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman

I usually use this to punish g&w and peaches landing with dair but I usually do it close to the ground

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'll say this, even though none of you believe it, Sm3esh when he's actually in practice, plays peach exactly the way you are describing this lyod person so I can relate to it in a lesser skill level situation in regards to the SH float and being able to PS moves and getting grabbed or u-tilted for punish. He plays melee, so the idea of being in the air is scary to him.

tekkie

Smash Master
i'm 6'3" or 6'4"

also Imgoinginforthekillmatic never uploaded that crap from apex

my items boner in brawl always makes the peach matchup fun for me

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer

I do give you props for beating June, and I also agree that a smart peach that plays close to the ground can be a real pain :x

Also, I thought this was... well-known. It doesn't true-combo, for example Marth's fair will trade with our bair. But yeah, I use this a bunch, jumpshine to beat an aerial as someone is landing and then go into a bair, or shine as I'm falling to beat out an aerial juggle attempt into an uair. Very helpful stuff imo.

i'm 6'3" or 6'4"

also Imgoinginforthekillmatic never uploaded that crap from apex

my items boner in brawl always makes the peach matchup fun for me
You must slouch a ton lol

castorpollux

Smash Champion
dood... i don't think feminists even have a right to argue for women anymore.

women have it much easier than men right now in today's modern developed society

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
dood... i don't think feminists even have a right to argue for women anymore.

women have it much easier than men right now in today's modern developed society
I see you read my post on the something you may not know thread????????????

Point is, I agree with this lololol.

Everything these days in terms of school scholoarships, general emotional needs at schools (this is sexist, but the less emphasis on sports and who WON vs everyone did great is generally a bias towards women or the mothers who complain at least) is set up so that women succeed on "even" with men.

Like, one girl HAS to be admitted into something for every 2 boys, meaning that given a hypothetical situation where there are 7 men who are even skilled and 3 who are lesser applying for the job and 2 even skilled girls and 1 lesser qualified applying for something, the 1 lesser girl is going to get in and she is less qualified, but she has to because she is a woman.

You gotta remember, women in corporations have like quadrupled since the 90's and now women are almost on even footing in terms of a lot of things in that field too.

tldr; women matter now and because of years of not mattering, they are over inflating their market value because they can because men have been dominating so hard for years.

I mean, a lot of this is republican boys club fear driven reports, the fact of the matter is...it's kinda true :/

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I mean... affirmative action is full of crap, yes. I completely agree. But all of this stuff is full of crap, aka I don't feel like articulating my thoughts right now because so much of it irritates me :p

brb reading the post you mentioned. Back. I started a band lol, ****.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
because every argument feminists make about "unequal" treatment of women is bogus atm.

actually, women get treated way better than men do.

i read this report on how women get paid less than men, and that's also bogus.

like seriously... if they have equal experience and qualifications, it's by LAW that it has to be equal. no firm would ever risk being sued by paying a woman less. They would also have to fire their entire HR department (which also happen to be mostly women).

If anything (especially among consulting firms), a pretty girl would most likely get hired over a normal guy even if they had the same qualifications

Also women have more choices in every sense. They don't have as much pressure to succeed as men do, as they have the choice of just being a stay at home mom or having a career of their own.

Socially women get better treatment at bars/clubs/etc...

seriously. what do men have on women nowadays?

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I don't think the NFL qualifies as something that men have over women. There's a reason it's that way and it's biological(and anabolical :awesome:).

I agree with MRM and JJ on this though. It's much easier for women to find jobs, scholarships and other things solely based on their gender because companies and schools have to hit a quota most of the time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't see any women in the NFL, do you?

Also, for that matter, I don't see more than like 7 WNBA players making millions a year.

Or in the NHL, or MLB.

Yes, boys club. Where men can make millions of dollars to lose to their wives in divorce years later.

I realize that TENNIS/Golf exist, but other than those sports (because Nascar isn't a sport, damn you danica patrick), it's boys making millions and women can't do it.

There might start being women kickers, though...so watch out.

Edit-Yeah, I have A LOT of fun with those posts, the funny thing about Helene is that she's basically a disciple of freud and her stance is basically anti-feminist at heart, and I was HOPING SOMEONE was gonna challenge me on it, but most people aren't well read enough to argue with me about things that actually matter.

Which is why I respect Rizen a lot because he's smart and he reads.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
because every argument feminists make about "unequal" treatment of women is bogus atm.

actually, women get treated way better than men do.

i read this report on how women get paid less than men, and that's also bogus.

like seriously... if they have equal experience and qualifications, it's by LAW that it has to be equal. no firm would ever risk being sued by paying a woman less. They would also have to fire their entire HR department (which also happen to be mostly women).

If anything (especially among consulting firms), a pretty girl would most likely get hired over a normal guy even if they had the same qualifications

Also women have more choices in every sense. They don't have as much pressure to succeed as men do, as they have the choice of just being a stay at home mom or having a career of their own.

Socially women get better treatment at bars/clubs/etc...

seriously. what do men have on women nowadays?
I don't know about the latter half... agreed that being a pretty girl gets you wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much though. I have a friend who got half off on a new car (THINK ABOUT THAT ****, WTF, THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS) just for wearing a cute dress and flirting. Like, what? But that's the fault of men, who let the physical attractiveness of a woman get the better of them. Men do this more than women but they're guilty too, being physically attractive and playing your cards right can get you a lot in this shallow world :/

I think that women are starting to feel more pressure to succeed, and men less. I want to be successful for myself, but honestly wouldn't mind having a slightly less demanding job than my wife and focusing a bit more on the family. In terms of other pressures, both men and women feel a bunch but in different categories imo.

Men have... uh... penises. Those are great, and don't bleed every 28 days, usually.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
1) WNBA players don't make as much as NBA players because NBA players are better and more people want to watch them. Same logic applies to NFL

2) PMS is a result of even getting the option of having a kid. Men don't even get that choice to begin with.

CsxMark

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarkLv7
Speaking of Jump Shine comboing... A tourney match at I think the 2nd E4U I baited Tyrant into mach tornadoing me. As soon as I saw his momentum chasing me as I retreated, I jumped back and FH Shined his tornado, then immediately bair'd after and it worked taking his 2nd stock.

That was one of the matches I wish was recorded lmfao. Did some epic **** that game

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I don't see any women in the NFL, do you?

Also, for that matter, I don't see more than like 7 WNBA players making millions a year.

Or in the NHL, or MLB.

Yes, boys club. Where men can make millions of dollars to lose to their wives in divorce years later.

I realize that TENNIS/Golf exist, but other than those sports (because Nascar isn't a sport, damn you danica patrick), it's boys making millions and women can't do it.

There might start being women kickers, though...so watch out.
With that in mind, do you like watching the WNBA? My guess of your answer would be, 'No, I'd much rather watch the NBA.' While I know you probably don't like basketball, I'm just trying to get at a point.

Men in the NFL, NBA and MLB get paid these insane amounts of money because people WANT to see them compete. Women don't have the body structure or hormones to compete on the same level as men do, so why would people pay to see women compete in basketball when they could watch men compete because it's much more intense and entertaining?

When it comes to the NHL, MLB and NFL(to an extent), women straight up can't do the same things that a man can purely due to how women are built.

I just feel like using the NFL was a poor example of showing something men have that women don't because there are reasons that are beyond help for it.

Edit: Bleh got ninja'd by JJ awhile ago. XD

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dude I used to get paid to organize and scorekeep competitve basketball leagues for omaha.

I like sports, derrr.

If you are a fan of technicality in sports, the WNBA is more of a team game where as the NBA is player dominated. Fact that a lot of people way more qualified than I am would argue over for a long time.

But yeah, I can't watch the WNBA.

Also KRD is probably working on his album.

tekkie

Smash Master
girls at my school are catered to as best as possible because there are less of them. they can graduate by taking easier substitution courses and getting into things denied otherwise to students.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ see, that's just ****ing stupid. Gender has nothing to do with academic merit, which is what almost everything at a college should be based off of (save maybe sports/clubs). Gonna stop myself here before getting mad at how stupid that is.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I do give you props for beating June, and I also agree that a smart peach that plays close to the ground can be a real pain :x

Also, I thought this was... well-known. It doesn't true-combo, for example Marth's fair will trade with our bair. But yeah, I use this a bunch, jumpshine to beat an aerial as someone is landing and then go into a bair, or shine as I'm falling to beat out an aerial juggle attempt into an uair. Very helpful stuff imo.

You must slouch a ton lol

What you said is not what I said. I mean they're in the air above you and way up. You jump shine not shine them and it leads into a bair. I think this true combos.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What you said is not what I said. I mean they're in the air above you and way up. You jump shine not shine them and it leads into a bair. I think this true combos.

That's essentially the same as what I said (or, part of what I said, not the shine when falling lol), where you jump and use shine at the same time when your opponent is above you, hit them with shine while you're both airborne, and then use bair right after. I'm pretty sure it does not true combo, but it's comes pretty close.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Women still don't get paid as much as men for most jobs. :applejack:
this is inaccurate, and if it is actually happening somewhere, it is also illegal.

also, I hope that the statistics you are looking at aren't the misleading ones that feminists tend to use all the time

Top Bottom