• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
^How DARE you post at the same time as me! NO ONE is in synchronicity with ME! /jk partially

@DM
Great pic, nice use of gradients and motion blur. How'd you make the stars? If you select the black, invert selection, expand selection, feather, fill with a color (or cloud filter) on a new layer and motion blue that you can make rain. Duplicate the layer if it's too translucent. Assuming you use photoshop. Darn I deleted the pic. Later...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Rizen, I actually still don't understand what your original question was. lol
I'd really like to see this technical Wolf of yours.
Noooooo you don't.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "technical". I consider spacing to be a fundamental part of that, but you might not. Zelda needs to space better than Wolf does, otherwise her attacks will get punished whereas while Wolf should be spacing, bair is so stupidly amazingly safe already he can just chuck it out there if you know what I mean (as opposed to Zelda's aerials and Zelda's smash attacks which are punishable on hit).

idk, I don't feel arguing about this will get us anywhere so I'm dropping it here, k? :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
idk, I don't feel arguing about this will get us anywhere so I'm dropping it here, k? :)
Darn, I do. But I'm just using it for a distraction anyway.:(
Edit: I was using it. Wrong tense.

My Wolf has amazing technical skill!:awesome:

...right before he plummets to his death:c.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I define true techincallity by the technical properties of a character and how they actually abuse it. Wolf has a million and one different technical aspects to his game, that all take some adjusting too. Not to mention they're very SD prone if executed wrong, and need to be consistant. Spacing should be part of a smasher's foundation, and should be applied to each different character they may or may not play. Zelda needs a great spacing game, no doubt, but that doesn't mean a Wolf won't have equally as or greater spacing than a Zelda.

I'm talking about real technical stuff, like Flash cancel spacing, other cancels of all sorts including BDACUS, and simple mobility play. And you can't ignore the fact Wolf is a very speedy character & these inputs need to be done with both precision and in quick succession. If you've ever watched my Wolf you'll notice I don't sit still ever, lol.
even though that comes around to bite me in the *** sometimes..

I love Zelda. I mean, she's half the reason I picked up Sheilda :awesome:. But to compare her technical game to Wolf's is just silly. I completely understand where you're coming from though, no disrespect.

But anyways, yeah, let's drop this whole thing. Last thing the w0fl boards needs is serious discussion about something.

:wolf:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wolf boards are meant to be the most serious boards around though. It's the only way we can keep up with Zeldas. I have never once posted a non-serious message here. I should probably go to bed now. Sometimes I choose to bair dance facing the wrong way against Yoshi's.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nope, Wolfs side-b spacing.
Agreed. I was playing friendlies today and sideB spiked a Sheik from on-stage while they were recovering. Also sideB'd someone as they were going from the ledge to the SV platform, because that **** is pretty obvious lol. This move is too good.

Also, never working on a combo video again. I do too many cool things and then I want to save them all and looking through them is just like, damn, way too many things. It's stressful lol

[COLLAPSE="BAM!"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Nice :3

Wolf boards are meant to be the most serious boards around though. It's the only way we can keep up with Zeldas. I have never once posted a non-serious message here. I should probably go to bed now. Sometimes I choose to bair dance facing the wrong way against Yoshi's.

You know it :shiro:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I should go to bed but dreams suck. I have extremely vivid dreams. I SD all the time on wifi, it's so frustrating. I also spiked a Marth with sideB for a KO and recovery. Satisfying.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Some attacks make you feel good when sweet-spotted. Wolf's Flash, Zelda's lightning kicks, Falcon's knee of justice, Jiggz's Rest, Link's strong frame1 Dair, G&W's judgement with a 9, Luigi's UpB, Marth's tipper Fsmash, Ivysaur's UpB vine tip. Attacks that are hard to land just right but payoff when you do. Several have long hitstun before launching which makes them even more satisfying.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
oh god Falcon's knee

i would marry it

Wolf Flash is probably the only thing more satisfying than a nice juicy knee. Sacred combos are cool

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
@DM
Great pic, nice use of gradients and motion blur. How'd you make the stars? If you select the black, invert selection, expand selection, feather, fill with a color (or cloud filter) on a new layer and motion blue that you can make rain. Duplicate the layer if it's too translucent. Assuming you use photoshop. Darn I deleted the pic. Later...
I use paint.net. For the stars I just used a black background and added some noise.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What I don't like is the attack name 'fire wolf'; what fire? It should be 'blitz kick' or something.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Take a Wolfy powernap whenever you get the chance. It's how I stay alive with my insomnia LOL.

As instructed,

:shiro:

tekkie

Smash Master
no it just means my wofl went super saiyan

i sucked in GFs but played well in WFs. all should be uploaded soon, including my lucario-age in LFs if you wanna see that.

if i start really practicing my item control will blow your minds. that said, i couldn't tech surfaces to save my life and i effed up flash cancelling because i havent been practicing on a lagless tv since last year

basically im the most technical ****** on earth but it makes for good eye candy i hope

Rizen

Smash Legend
D***, tekkie was right. I had a dream that I was using Link vs Kain's Wolf on Japes, I tethered the left most ledge after hitting Wolf into the water and thought 'Ha, he can't grab the ledge now'. Then Wolf did this ultra fancy thing that looked like chaining lightsteps at super-fast motion; I thought 's*** Kain's too good!' and ended up losing my a small margin.

Edit:
It's times like this that made me think if Wolf and Link both had 4/6 ICs disadvantages Link would do slightly better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxCq8RccGU&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&index=4&feature=plcp
But if Wolf vs ICs is even or close then he has the better MU for sure. If someone's wondering why wifi ticks me off so much the SD at 3:03 is a good example; I should have won :/ .

Top Bottom