• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Congrats Mink :D

Question: Does Wolf's pummel only refresh one move, despite however many times you pummel? I can't remember...

source: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf_(SSBB)
I believe so, unless you wait for the "hitstun" of the first pummel to stop before starting the next one, which makes pummeling very slow and deal like, no extra damage :x

This is just what I've heard though, hooray for Aero checking everything ;D

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's about time someone stopped being lazy and did stuff.

brb can't sleep, too tired to move.
Curious phrasing, taken literally it is self conflicting. Yet, to the best of my understanding, I relate or agree with most points; the exception being your obvious hyperbole colored yellow in the above quote for convenient referencing. Or rather in all honesty, I colored the text out of that eccentric, insomnia sparked rush of two other seemingly contradicting states, tired and wired. To the point, my personal experiance with insomnia does not involve lack of energy no matter the degree of my sleep deprivation. On extreme occasion leading to poor balance and subsequent minor injuries, unfortunately.
As a second observation to your statement, this is a rare case where the 'someone' is an actual person and not a source dodging propaganda trick similar to a news reporter saying "everybody remembers" which sounds solid but has no substance to back it. And furthermore stating the person's SWFs name would have been unnecessary and redundant so I applaud your good judgement not to do so.
I grow weary of on topic, but elaborated to what I assume many would consider overly extravagant, trolling and will present my originally intended post:

<><><><><><><><>
What are your favorite and least favorite MUs? This doesn't directly relate to how hard a MU is or what characters you use. People will have different reasons and it's all opinions.

My favorite MUs are:
Wolf- because it's the only ditto I enjoy.
Snake- a love/hate MU. He can keep my characters on their toes in intense spacing games.
Pokemon Trainer-All 3 characters are fun and keep the match fresh.
Mario- a good Mario can push spacing and mix-up battles to the extreme.
ZSS- Bio is an incredible ZSS player and our games were super intense and fun. ZSS's unique spacing and style really make you have to think.

My least favorite MUs are:
MK- Tornado, tornado, tornado, tornado... His UpB is absurdly broken and he's often used as a pocket character for when someone's main character(s) is in trouble. A nightmare on several stages like Brinstar.
Snake- Jab/Ftilt/Nair/Dair are infuriatingly broken and spammable in lag. Snake simply outclasses most characters in power, reach and how long he lives.
Link- Link dittos can be fun but they're a speed/spacing battle mixed with a rock paper scissors attack mindgame. Shield grab>jab combo>spotdodge & punish>shield grab etc, and more complicated things too.
For some reason I feel bad gimping Link with my higher characters.
DK- He's hard to space and his grab>Fthrow hop offstage>throw stage spike is annoying.
Falco- His CG>Spike is a pain and good Falcos camp really hard.
DDD- "Don't get grabbed."
Jigglypuff- Hard to catch and hard to space; the fight feels like a weird hit and run battle.
Lucario- Fsmash. He's no Mewtwo.
Pikachu- IDK why I don't like this MU; it's just annoying.
Ganondorf- Good Ganon's can make short work of the unprepared. The fight requires careful observation and not being reckless if you want to avoid devastating punishment. They don't catch my interest.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey, Wolf boards. I haven't been posting here in a while, and that also has to do with me not using Wolf very much lately despite him being as dependable as one of my mains, but...still interested.

What are attacks that I should be using often? I find myself using B-Air alot, and when they're offstage, I go for a F-Air because it kills at higher percentages. I use the Blaster to rack up some damage at a distance, but I don't spam it either. I use the D-Smash as a kill move and I don't use F-Smash too much.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I actually feeling sick too. There must be a cold going around:c
^How did you make those?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Learned something about the :olimar: matchup I didn't know :). If you DI :olimar:'s utilt down you can buffer a Dtilt or Dsmash!!!

:018:

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit: Holy ****! Another post synchronized with mine to the minute^. That never happened before and has happened 3 times this week.
Learned something about the :olimar: matchup I didn't know :). If you DI :olimar:'s utilt down you can buffer a Dtilt or Dsmash!!!

:018:

:phone:
That is nice to know. I habitually DI up juggling attacks up and out unless I know better.

Wolf's Usmash is nice but his legs not being disjointed takes time to get used to. I tried to platform poke with it and was hit by a Dsmash :/ .

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The hitbox is pretty disjointed, you're likely experiencing someone hitting Wolf's legs with either a transcendent attack or they're hitting the legs after the hitboxes are gone.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Curious phrasing, taken literally it is self conflicting. Yet, to the best of my understanding, I relate or agree with most points; the exception being your obvious hyperbole colored yellow in the above quote for convenient referencing. Or rather in all honesty, I colored the text out of that eccentric, insomnia sparked rush of two other seemingly contradicting states, tired and wired. To the point, my personal experiance with insomnia does not involve lack of energy no matter the degree of my sleep deprivation. On extreme occasion leading to poor balance and subsequent minor injuries, unfortunately.
As a second observation to your statement, this is a rare case where the 'someone' is an actual person and not a source dodging propaganda trick similar to a news reporter saying "everybody remembers" which sounds solid but has no substance to back it. And furthermore stating the person's SWFs name would have been unnecessary and redundant so I applaud your good judgement not to do so.
Hey man, where'd you put that Radical Dreamer Cheeba?

Back in the days of yore, when I was 17 years old I had mono and I was also suffering from clinical insomnia for a while.

That was like the worst/best thing ever. I'd be up all night, dead tired and feeling like I was a breathing corpse. But, I wouldn't have to go to school (senioritis ftw) and I could just sit at home and play video games all day long.

Actually that really sucked :/ I was in world class shape at that point (I had 6-pack abs :( ) and I probably would have qualified as an "All American" swimmer in more than 1 event. It's tough to get back into that kind of shape when you have no work ethic.

What are your favorite and least favorite MUs?
As wolf, in no particular order.

Favorite-:peach::samus2::pit::jigglypuff::sonic:
Least favorite-:warioc::sheik::dedede::olimar::ike:

I'm sure some of you might be surprised that pika isn't on either list.

you really need to start playing offline
100% fact.

fair offstage is almost a deathwish. :/
LOL WHAT? No, fair off stage is godly. Just don't use it much after you've used your 2nd jump.

Get opponent off stage.
Jump and shoot blaster, off stage
If opponent got hit by blaster-Fair
If opponent air-dodged-Dair.

tekkie

Smash Master
i glass cannon hard in the diddy matchup; if i screw up anything at all i eat like 50% plus bad stage position, or get gimped and die, or something

point is, technical stuff

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
you can be technical and not put yourself in those positions......

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey man, where'd you put that Radical Dreamer Cheeba?

Back in the days of yore, when I was 17 years old I had mono and I was also suffering from clinical insomnia for a while.

That was like the worst/best thing ever. I'd be up all night, dead tired and feeling like I was a breathing corpse. But, I wouldn't have to go to school (senioritis ftw) and I could just sit at home and play video games all day long.

Actually that really sucked :/ I was in world class shape at that point (I had 6-pack abs :( ) and I probably would have qualified as an "All American" swimmer in more than 1 event. It's tough to get back into that kind of shape when you have no work ethic.
I had to look up that 1st part.
That really sucks about the mono and insomnia. In highschool I would sleep in the nurse's office during my off periods then splash cold water on my face and slap myself awake. I still missed 30 days in a year but graduated with honers because I'd work stuff out with my teachers and doctor ahead of time and be the 'good student' by not ditching, making up work right away etc.
What gets to me is depression kills my work ethic. I'm used to doing everything at whatever hours I'm awake, including walking at 2AM, computer work, art, writing, etc but depression ruins all that:urg:.

I have 6pack abs. I'm modest enough to hide them behind my tummy:smirk:.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I had to look up that 1st part.
That really sucks about the mono and insomnia. In highschool I would sleep in the nurse's office during my off periods then splash cold water on my face and slap myself awake. I still missed 30 days in a year but graduated with honers because I'd work stuff out with my teachers and doctor ahead of time and be the 'good student' by not ditching, making up work right away etc.
What gets to me is depression kills my work ethic. I'm used to doing everything at whatever hours I'm awake, including walking at 2AM, computer work, art, writing, etc but depression ruins all that:urg:.

I have 6pack abs. I'm modest enough to hide them behind my tummy:smirk:.
It was a chrono trigger reference mixed with a cheech and chong one.

Yeah, I never ditched class either, but to make up for it, I would just not do my homework.

I've got the wolf vs the yoshi.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't usually either, but I'm positive vs every character other than :ganondorf:

1 when I was bad
and 1 where I handicapped myself from using my blaster.

Top Bottom