• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244329
edit: thumbed through it, didn't have traction. still useful
I'll make a list unless someone can dig one up real quick

Luigi - .022
Ice Climbers - .035
Squirtle - .042
Yoshi - .0426
Ike - .044
Lucas - .045
King Dedede - .0484
Diddy Kong - .0484
Kirby - .0493
Captain Falcon - .05
Charizard - .05
Pit - .0505
Donkey Kong - .0529
:rpsivysaur: - .0532
Zelda - .054
Snake - .0542
Ness - .0546
Toon Link - .0547
Marth - .055
Meta Knight - .055
Bowser - .0577
Samus - .0585
Pikachu - .0596
ROB - .06
Mario - .06
Sheik - .06
Olimar - .06
Fox - .06
Mr. Game and Watch - .06
Link - .064
Falco - .065
Ganon - .068
Peach - .068
Wario - .07
Wofl - .07
Sonic - .07
Zero Suit Samus - .07
Jigglypuff - .0718
Lucario - .0736
Really, none of this makes sense. Why is Jigglypuff so high? idk, maybe I could understand Peach, but she's wearing high heels as opposed to Fox/Falco who are wearing military grade SPACE BOOTS. :urg:

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Rob :3 and thanks rPsi for the traction list!

No you don't, because I'm going to try visiting SoCal at least once while I'm there :3

:059:

>No you don't, because I'm going to try visiting SoCal at least once while I'm there :3
>because I'm going to try visiting SoCal at least once
>try visiting SoCal at least once
>try visiting at least once
>try once

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
At least once, come on, don't do this to me ;__; lol idk what the flights are like but I want to hit up a tournament there one weekend to see all the smashers/Wolves (basically you and Choice, JJ if he can come with me, and Tekkie if he's willing to come over :3) and one weekend to see all of my other friends from high school that are in the area.

Tekkie, I might actually be able to come to New Mexico if there's enough time and cheap flights lol. How far are you from Santa Fe?

EDIT: wow JJ, come on, not even going to help me out with all the Asian girls? Some friend you are :( lol but yeah, I have a relative and a family friend in the area so I'll probably be staying there since I don't have a car, but I also have the option of getting my own housing, which sounds... tempting :3

:phone:

tekkie

Smash Master
At least once, come on, don't do this to me ;__; lol idk what the flights are like but I want to hit up a tournament there one weekend to see all the smashers/Wolves (basically you and Choice, JJ if he can come with me, and Tekkie if he's willing to come over :3) and one weekend to see all of my other friends from high school that are in the area.

Tekkie, I might actually be able to come to New Mexico if there's enough time and cheap flights lol. How far are you from Santa Fe?

santa fe is small and **** and doesnt have a real airport. ABQ, mang

castorpollux

Smash Champion

EDIT: wow JJ, come on, not even going to help me out with all the Asian girls? Some friend you are :( lol but yeah, I have a relative and a family friend in the area so I'll probably be staying there since I don't have a car, but I also have the option of getting my own housing, which sounds... tempting :3

get your own housing.

i thought you werent into asian girls anymore

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Tekkie, I have another friend who might be in Santa Fe so that's why I asked lol

Idk about my own housing though, definitely need more details on how that'll be working out. And idk man, I'm impartial but all the white girls over here are so sloppy X_x

Rizen

Smash Legend
Q specifically what triggers lightstepping instead of grabbing the ledge?
Why I ask is I only have wifi, lightstepping is a foreign AT for me so it happens without me trying occasionally and I SD 90% of the time because I assume a ledge grab.

God, I SD so ****ing much. You players in big smash scenes are lucky with wifi too; I talked to an EC player who said most of his connections are blue or green. Except 1 person in my state who's green, all my connections are yellow at best and usually orange or red.
@$!^*@#%^&#$&!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Which one is which?

One is the ledge grab being cancelled because the game thinks you've grabbed the ledge, the other one puts you on the stage because the game tries to snap you back to the ledge, but you land on the ground first, kinda like Ivysaurs tether.

If that makes sense.

Edit: To answer your question, it's distance. For the ledge cancel one, there's two distances, one at almost max Side B range, the other at about ledge drop > double jump range.

For the land on the stage one, it's basically right on top of the actual ledge. lol

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, don't be flashy. We all wish we were JCav, but seriously, just focus on the basics of the game itself more than anything, and you'll do so much better. I don't know why it's taken me this long to figure that out.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Hey guys, don't be flashy. We all wish we were JCav, but seriously, just focus on the basics of the game itself more than anything, and you'll do so much better. I don't know why it's taken me this long to figure that out.

who says you can't be flashy and have good basics? (japanese)

JCav

Smash Lord
:D

I should make another video :)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lightstepping is the one where you're left offstage, the one where you land onstage is called telestepping. IIRC, there are two distances for each though @_@

Also, yeah, looking cool > winning :p

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
If you flash into the edge at a certain angle (I'm not sure exactly what it is, but if you try it a bit and get comfortable with the position it's easy to do repeatedly) wolf will simple appear next to the edge and fall (you get your second jump back) and he won't grab the edge. You could either just jump and grab the ledge, or jump sooner and come onstage with an attack, etc.
And be careful not to mash buttons too quickly, that way if you accidently light step you won't sd.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ Thisthisthisthisthis.

Screwing people over because they're not paying attention to RCO lag is ridiculous, characters get things like jab1 > KO move, don't let it happen to you.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Once I stop lightstep SDing I'll watch out for the RCO lag. I basically know what it is but what does 'RCO' stand for?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I don't even consider it being flashy anymore as much as it is valuable cross-ups. You don't need those things to have a strong foundation, but you do need those things to play this character at it's peak. You can do great without them, but even better with them. It just takes practice.

But yeah, RCO lag. **** it. LOL. I still have a really bad habit of ignoring it when I know I won't get punished, working on it though :reverse:

:wolf:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, I learned how to Dacus in 2008, and I think that's all of the work on techskill I've put in.

As a serious, stupid and maddening note, I played Tyser the other day with a bunch of random *** characters I never play (aka characters that can't get CG'd). I was able to do falco's side-b cancel first try, PERFECTLY spaced distance to the ledge. Able to CG/spike/wall jump/spike (wish I woulda recorded it). I was able to do other, way random characters AT's first/2nd try too. Nothing like IC's CG, but it brought up a question.

Why is Wolf the hardest character to use? Why do I choose characters to main that I can't even play properly? I can wavedash OOS and get my options/techchasing down with a lot of characters in melee.

But not sheik lol.

But my sheik/wolf is easily my best character. It's pretty w0flcopter.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wolf is a ton more advanced and technically difficult to use, Zelda is just difficult to get results with.

GG.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't think you read my post at all. Please read the post, and try again.
Which one is which?

One is the ledge grab being cancelled because the game thinks you've grabbed the ledge, the other one puts you on the stage because the game tries to snap you back to the ledge, but you land on the ground first, kinda like Ivysaurs tether.

If that makes sense.

Edit: To answer your question, it's distance. For the ledge cancel one, there's two distances, one at almost max Side B range, the other at about ledge drop > double jump range.

For the land on the stage one, it's basically right on top of the actual ledge. lol
'Doesn't tell the what makes Wolf light step instead of grabbing the ledge the 2nd time either.
Why is Wolf the hardest character to use? Why do I choose characters to main that I can't even play properly? I can wavedash OOS and get my options/techchasing down with a lot of characters in melee.

But not sheik lol.

But my sheik/wolf is easily my best character. It's pretty w0flcopter.
Link's the hardest.
Wolf is a ton more advanced and technically difficult to use, Zelda is just difficult to get results with.

GG.
Farow's canceling, love jumping, Nair canceling, chaining several moves, sweetspotting Fair/Bair/Dair to lightning kick, air dodge reading to land Uairs, Dtilt lock %s and pop up %s. Wolf's easier imo.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
'Doesn't tell the what makes Wolf light step instead of grabbing the ledge the 2nd time either.
Like I said, the game think you've grabbed the ledge, but you're not close enough so it cancels and gives your second a third jump back.

I'm pretty sure I said that.

Zelda is more technical than Wofl on spacing alone. loooooool

Rizen

Smash Legend
Like I said, the game think you've grabbed the ledge, but you're not close enough so it cancels and gives your second a third jump back.

I'm pretty sure I said that.

Zelda is more technical than Wofl on spacing alone. loooooool
But you didn't answer my question. DM did.
If you flash into the edge at a certain angle (I'm not sure exactly what it is, but if you try it a bit and get comfortable with the position it's easy to do repeatedly) wolf will simple appear next to the edge and fall (you get your second jump back) and he won't grab the edge. You could either just jump and grab the ledge, or jump sooner and come onstage with an attack, etc.
And be careful not to mash buttons too quickly, that way if you accidently light step you won't sd.
I mean I'm not trying to be a jerk who doesn't carefully pay attention to what people post. I read stuff and I appreciate when people take the time to help. You just interpreted my question wrong.

As for Zelda/Wolf, spacing is the most important thing to know for every character so you have a good point right there. Aero and I use Zelda and Wolf and Zelda is harder to use.

Top Bottom