• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Gah777

Smash Lord
i suicide so much with fox/falco in melee. it's like i walk off the stage and i dont have enough time to UP b
Yeah, stuff like that happens to me often too. It's odd trying to get used to the ledge mechanics in Melee after coming from Brawl. Sometimes I'll accidentally do a SHFF d-air off stage and suicide before the animation even ends >_<

Melee such a horrible game @_@
Not as bad as 64. And there's combo's. Combo's are pretty cool.

smash 64 da bess
Eww... Smash 64 is horrid! It's as floaty as Brawl (if not floatier) but with only like half the game mechanics (if that). No air dodging, no c stick, no charging smashes, no side-b. Eww, just eww...

Welcome to Nebraska
But... But, but, I'm in AZ... How can i be two places at once? Or maybe there was some sort of random rubix cube - like earthquake that put AZ inside of Nebraska?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I get better at brawl by playing melee like 1-7 times a week, where as I may play brawl 1-2 times a month (outside of the 1-2 tourneys a month), that is life in Omaha, Nebraska. But tbf Wolf in the air is like sheik in the air in melee on some sort of completely wrong level, and their d-throws are both awesome and can lead into some excellent damage/deaths.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I got bored and went to smashdojo and remembered how they didn't always use the best wordings for things.

"Did you notice that thing dangling from Fox’s waist?
What is that?"

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lol@KRD.

Ish, change the title to something about CoT5, WHICH YOU SHOULD GO TO AND STILL CAN SIGN UP FOR.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I have plans, my good friend/neighbor since I came to NJ is moving away to FL so it's my last chance to hang with him for a really long time :/ basically, short version is I'm not going to CoT5 or Genesis :( but I'll probably be at both Cheese's and Yes' tournaments, as well as KTAR6, if you're going ;D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You should go to Brainshock Beta, it's in the middle of the country so it's the same amount of travel for everyone...that's how that works, right?

tekkie

Smash Master
people said a lot of stuff about their dreams based on tv and video games and yadda yadda but are your nightmares based on the same thing or are they more personal?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We should just all move to the middle of the country and start our own Brawl community... of nothing but Wolf mains. I'm pretty sure Wolf would become top tier then.

Nebraska is pretty much what you described. 3 good casual players play as Wolf too, so we have a following.

people said a lot of stuff about their dreams based on tv and video games and yadda yadda but are your nightmares based on the same thing or are they more personal?
It's both the same thing and more personal. They just tap into different parts of your memory/ideas

Question. At a certain percentage Wolf's Dthrow will slam someone into the ground into a teching position. Just like Sonic's if you DI down, you can tech right in front of Wolf. Does wolf still have a frame advantage if someone techs in place?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Question. At a certain percentage Wolf's Dthrow will slam someone into the ground into a teching position. Just like Sonic's if you DI down, you can tech right in front of Wolf. Does wolf still have a frame advantage if someone techs in place?
The percent for flooring is different for each character, Seagull made a list though http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302218

As far as frame advantage, Wolf gets a free regrab or Dsmash on some characters if they tech in place or tech roll behind you. It's pretty much best not to tech his Dthrow unless you're at the edge of the stage and the angle will kill you if you don't tech.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Go with jab, at least on characters like Marth that can beat you with invincibility if they know how to handle it. Wolf always has frame advantage after a tech though, I'm basically certain of that much.

tekkie

Smash Master
good players will tech away because you dont really have anything guaranteed to my knowledge; at the edge it's probably better not to tech at all

rsr2

Smash Lord
Just got home from a pretty long trip. Went to my Graduation in Detroit which is pretty cool but really boring. It kind'of sucked. Played a tournament on Saturday and got destroyed. But I did get to play against Ally's Wolf and it was fun.
Then after that I went to Cedar Point. It was fun but the problem is I am not a fan of roller coasters but I pretty much rode all of them because after the first one it was like nothing after that. After a 6 hour drive back and stopping by a White Castle on the way I am happy to be home.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Any Wolf expert interested in commentating with Rapture in an upcoming Wolf vs C.Falcon set?

You need to have a decent microphone. And preferably understand how to comment during a match, and be able to provide some good Wolf information.

If you are interested and confident/hyped enough on that you can provide an entertaining source of dual commentry with Rapture; write a reply on this thread or message me :). Thanks.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
good players will tech away because you dont really have anything guaranteed to my knowledge; at the edge it's probably better not to tech at all
Guaranteed dash grab or Fsmash.
Any Wolf expert interested in commentating with Rapture in an upcoming Wolf vs C.Falcon set?

You need to have a decent microphone. And preferably understand how to comment during a match, and be able to provide some good Wolf information.

If you are interested and confident/hyped enough on that you can provide an entertaining source of dual commentry with Rapture; write a reply on this thread or message me :). Thanks.
Me!!!!!!!!!!

castorpollux

Smash Champion

I think I would be the best commentator for wofl. Just caz I know wofl and his capabilities really well. I also have experience vs ally's captain falcon =D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'd like to hear some JJ commentary over Ish commentary and myself. Sorry Arda. JJ for the vid!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol you need to stop apologizing for saying something that's perfectly valid :p I'm pretty sure we can all agree that JJ's the one to go with for the interview.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't have the best english but I think it's passable and I know Izaw personally so I have a solid understanding on how he plays. I wouldn't mind commentating.

Izaw

Smash Ace
I see a lot of interest here, flattering =).

Who is this JJ and where can I find him ;)?

(I'm in the Wolf Xchat, so if anyone could get him to get online that would be great.)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I see a lot of interest here, flattering =).

Who is this JJ and where can I find him ;)?

(I'm in the Wolf Xchat, so if anyone could get him to get online that would be great.)
lol whoops, I always forget to metion... JJ's account name is castorpollux, send him a VM/PM if you're interested in having him commentate :) although he'll probably just post here about it, but whatever floats your boat :p JJ's kinda sorta retired-ish but still great with Wolf and has amazing understanding of the character, you will not be disappointed ;D

castorpollux

Smash Champion
actually gheb would probably be better for the commentary since he knows izaw personally and has a solid understanding on how he plays

aatami

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I desided to swich over and have Wolf as my second main (G&W as my other one).

I am still perfecting my blocking (and dodging, stepping, et cetera) and teching skills, is there something important Wolf related thing that I absolulety have to start practising in order to have Wolf as a succesful main?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yes, learn how to perfectly space your Back Aerial move and your forward smash move. Also, learning how to abuse Wolfs reflector is key too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf Pools for CoT5:
Pool 11

nuke
Seagull
MIB
HolyNightmare (He isn't going so my pool will likely change. I'll either be 1st or 2nd seed. Dunno)
Price

Pool 16

Bizkit
Kain (Kain isn't going though lol)
Luckay4Lyphe
Heavy Garbage
M@v

Pool 13

SoraSin
Junebug
vVv ChiboSempai
Pane

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Wolf Pools for CoT5:
Pool 11

nuke
Seagull
MIB
HolyNightmare (He isn't going so my pool will likely change. I'll either be 1st or 2nd seed. Dunno)
Price

Pool 16

Bizkit
Kain (Kain isn't going though lol)
Luckay4Lyphe
Heavy Garbage
M@v

Pool 13

SoraSin
Junebug
vVv ChiboSempai
Pane