• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Rizen

Smash Legend
I lost to a Ganon in a tourney a long time ago; he placed 4th overall. I was using Link too.
Ganons prey on predictability and mistakes. A smart teck-chaser can be lethal.

He plays MK now because Ganon sucks so badly, lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hi guys. I did ok at CoT5. I was put in the same pool as Pwii (Again). So I got 2nd seed. He beat me at Ktar and P5. It's like some sick joke.

In bracket I beat Kai and then lost to Dabuz. Close matches, but he 0-2'd me. I then beat Izumi in loser's bracket. Then I vs'd Nakat who went Mk vs me. He timed me out game 1 with barely approaching me and then beat me on Yi. It really is impossible to beat Mk if he gets percent lead and you're forced too approach...So I got 25th. I'm training up my :falco: now since it's good, but I never use him (Though I did in pools matches).

I'll have vids up laterz. My 7 minute 30 second match on Rc vs Pwii was saved too. Entertainment at it's finest~.

My gf Tiger though, put in work. She beat Stack and TKCK in pools and then lost to Deltacod 1-2, Jtails 0-2, and Atomsk 0-2. If she beat Delta then she'd prob have gotten out. Though she wrecked Amateur bracket and got 5th in that outta like 44. Her vs Umbra/Kiwi was so hype.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys two things id like to ask :p

1) Seagull im following your steps and money matching everyone in my region while attending tournaments lol, whats the exact rule format to follow?

2) How do you exactly buffer a Dthrow chaingrab? Im trying to CG stuff like rob or marth with falco but failing miserably haha.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so i was trying out all my ex mains with esca the other night. turns out i have a great wolf even though i haven't used him in like a whole year or more. it was tight. my wolf may actually = pit skill wise, maybe even a bit more according to esca. but ya im practicing my wolf for a while in friendlies (maybe even next tourney), when i get some matches up yall should tell me if you think my pit or my wolf is better.

so seagull, i just gotta know if im like the last person you would expect to be a wolf user?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey guys two things id like to ask :p

1) Seagull im following your steps and money matching everyone in my region while attending tournaments lol, whats the exact rule format to follow?

2) How do you exactly buffer a Dthrow chaingrab? Im trying to CG stuff like rob or marth with falco but failing miserably haha.
1) Best of 3 matches. Unity ruleset for rules. MM for 1-5$ is what I do. I prefer 5$, but some people like 1$ MM's to make people forced to try. Money matches help people get better. It's just fact.

2)Marth is perfect timing or you get up b'd. Rob is same thing. I think you can only cg rob like 3 times. Marth you might have to Boost grab.
so i was trying out all my ex mains with esca the other night. turns out i have a great wolf even though i haven't used him in like a whole year or more. it was tight. my wolf may actually = pit skill wise, maybe even a bit more according to esca. but ya im practicing my wolf for a while in friendlies (maybe even next tourney), when i get some matches up yall should tell me if you think my pit or my wolf is better.

so seagull, i just gotta know if im like the last person you would expect to be a wolf user?
Get some vids up and I'll critique.

And I don't expect anyone to pick up Wolf. He is an uncommon character to pick up for tourneys. He is very average, which is why people would rather use Falco, Mk, Diddy or someone along those lines.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i read your statement to the guy above, you imply wolf has a cg, goes to look up all wolf techs immeditately.

and ya while i see where you are coming from, i honestly think wolf is a great character. always have. but my wolf is so underdeveloped tech wise probably that it may be hella old school to watch. but ya ill try and get some vids up for sure.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i read your statement to the guy above, you imply wolf has a cg, goes to look up all wolf techs immeditately.

and ya while i see where you are coming from, i honestly think wolf is a great character. always have. but my wolf is so underdeveloped tech wise probably that it may be hella old school to watch. but ya ill try and get some vids up for sure.
Pretty sure he's talking about Falco for cg.

Only character :wolf: can cg is Ness and Lucas's through GR.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
2)Marth is perfect timing or you get up b'd. Rob is same thing. I think you can only cg rob like 3 times. Marth you might have to Boost grab.
Yup seems like so, but can you actually buffer a boost grab or just a dash grab? Ive tried Z+Forward but it just buffers a roll.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh im actually an expert on buffering boost grab dude. it's essential for pit's cg's. what you do is buffer dash attack with c'stick down and then buffer shield out of that. not the other way around. unless you already knew that and i misread your question. if you want the specific's on it i go into them at the top of this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12270138&postcount=3

Zync

Smash Journeyman
oh im actually an expert on buffering boost grab dude. it's essential for pit's cg's. what you do is buffer dash attack with c'stick down and then buffer shield out of that. not the other way around. unless you already knew that and i misread your question. if you want the specific's on it i go into them at the top of this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12270138&postcount=3
And yes! Efectively worked, the boost grab was buffered, the weird thing is that falco and king dedede cant grab marth if the grab is buffered loool, guess ill have to try asking their boards, although the wofl boards are the best for getting info :awesome:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So I just got my first tattoo. XD 8-bit Mega Man jumping and shooting a charged shot! I'd post a picture, but I don't have a camera to use. :(
Kain, I disagree. The post when he shows his tattoo of 8-bit Mega Man will be the best post, though I did lol @ woflicious.

Speaking of Kain, who are the Wolves going to Brainshock?

Kain, Holmes, Me? I heard Ally is playing Wolf too.

Laem

Smash Champion
wth is up with this ally & wolf hype. the pick was like random

My wolf is captivating, btw.

D

Deleted member

::shrug:: If he won a game with him, then he should get the credit.

Did you win any with Falco?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
3 matches with Falco.

He also won matches in pools with his Falco, Marth, and Toon link @____@...He won like 2 rounds vs a jiggz in pools with Wolf.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
He did lose with TL. I know he used other characters in pools to win though, but I don't remember.

:wolf::falco::marth: <I know he used in pools and won at least a round with.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
He also beat someone with his Falcon and Ganon in pools. Only reason I remember is because of the commentators. I started watching the stream right after he was done using Wolf so I still haven't seen his Wolf.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just imagine someone SH around a lot into jabs or Dsmash's. That and reading. That's Ally's Wolf in a nutshell.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
@seagull,

if you do dash attack> shield instead of grab, the grab comes out faster because you are cancelling the dash attack with a grab instead of cancelling shield thus taking less frames to do it. plus you get a little bit more boost when it's done that way.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You don't get counted for chars u use in pools. That's how it has been and always will be

DIP

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Kain, I disagree. The post when he shows his tattoo of 8-bit Mega Man will be the best post, though I did lol @ woflicious.
I'm a little late, but here it is! the charged shot is still pretty irritated, so the color is off and it looks like a nipple. XD It'll be better in a few days though.

I won't be able to make it to Brainshock either, despite living in the MW. Damn work. >.>

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That's pretty sick, and lol I figured it was next to your nipple. tbh Mega Man is best without the charge shot, or at least MM4's CS (protomans shot too).

That sucks you can't come, what about you auspher? Fino's gonna be there too!

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
It looks like it, but it's actually on my back. XD I used 5's CS because I didn't want to make it too complicated by using all of the colors in 4's CS haha.

D

Deleted member

That's pretty sick, and lol I figured it was next to your nipple. tbh Mega Man is best without the charge shot, or at least MM4's CS (protomans shot too).

That sucks you can't come, what about you auspher? Fino's gonna be there too!
But you and Fino don't care. :c

Top Bottom