• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

tekkie

Smash Master

He's obv talking about me :troll: **** DDD! Yeah I said it what up bro come at me

Also Ish, utilt is Wolf's best move, it's always fresh, and people never DI it right cause it's so unexpected. :troll: obv I got to obvious with it...(failed like 7 attempts to land it lolololololololol)
i love you. liberachi elton john no homo

jjl0k0@gmail.com !!! (replace the 0's with o's ...spam bots >__>)

also http://www.threadless.com/submission/351628/It_s_My_Tail , should be evaluated by the end of the week or something, got 33 likes already, hopefully that influences their decision more
HOW DO I INFLUENCE THE DECISION TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Crews, nice to meet ya.

Wasn't at the tourney, it was during friendlies somewhere else. And it's much more socially acceptable to post my opinion in a harmless forum online than to awkwardly confront someone in front of a room full of people in a strangers house.

Not saying any names dude but how many wolfs could there have been at cot5?
2. Me and Pane.
He's obv talking about me :troll: **** DDD! Yeah I said it what up bro come at me

Also Ish, utilt is Wolf's best move, it's always fresh, and people never DI it right cause it's so unexpected. :troll: obv I got to obvious with it...(failed like 7 attempts to land it lolololololololol)
I kill Dabuz with Utilts in every game we play :troll:.
-3 :dedede: :wario:
-2 :pikachu2: [without handicap allowed]
-1 :snake: :pikachu2: [with handicap allowed] :sheik: > :diddy: :falco: :metaknight:
0 :popo: :pit: :olimar: > :rob: :fox: :marth: :zerosuitsamus: > :kirby2: :lucario: :toonlink:
+1 :dk2: :gw: :ike: > :peach: :sonic: :mario2: :lucas: :pt: > :ness2: :luigi2:
+2 :bowser2: :ganondorf: :link2: > :yoshi2: :jigglypuff: :zelda:
+3 :falcon: :samus2:

:059:
I don't see how Falcon is +3. He has an amazing jab and is heavy. He has problems in other aspects, but nothing to make it worst then Ganon. We definitely +3 Ganon. Bair wall is impossible for Ganon to even get around.

Also, what do the arrows mean????

KRDsonic

Smash Master

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Arrows mean that a group of characters is a bit more difficult than the other group but not fundamental enough to change the ratio. Fox and Pit are both 0 but I still kind of think Pit is a bit more difficult.

Falcon is +3 because our non-commitment counters his baiting game. He can't really punish our anything and if he finds an opening it's hard for him to put us in a bad position from where he can capitalize further. Play against him like you would against Marth, maybe a bit more ground based and it shouldn't be an issue. Ganon's uair OoS is gay if he ever gets to PS one of our moves ... maybe it's +3 but I really don't see it. Yoshi, Zelda, Jiggs, Samus and Falcon seem easier.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If Kain beat Pierce then Kain would've played Holms. Wolf's ***** this weekend!

Me 3rd at a 34 man tourney. 1st in dubz with my gf (Tiger). Kain with 1st in dubz. Kain and Holms with respectively 5th and 7th at a hugely stacked tourney.

Viable :c?

:phone:

tekkie

Smash Master
hugely stacked tourney.
kain lost to fae, almost lost to mr. doom, didn't quite beat pierce

holmes beating lux/count/ripple was somewhat impressive; sago less so because if a mk gets 2-stocked on rc he's doing something wrong

like it was way impressive but there weren't any hard upsets or anything. i think mjg or fino would have been interesting in bracket if it happened, but it didn't.

edit: of course wolf is ****ing viable, it's just in the same way all mid tiers are viable in that people look at them and go "huh, how about that?" right before they get ***** by counterpicks/high tiers

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You actually had to learn that? 0_O
I've played on Brinstar outside of FFAs exactly once in my whole life and I could tell that it's a horrible idea to use that vs Wario.

Gah777

Smash Lord
What does Wario have on Wolf at Brinstar?

Norfair and Japes need to come back.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wario is pretty gay on Brinstar. He times out people there pretty well. He also kills with fart/fsmash extremely early.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf can kinda deal with Wario on Brinstar, imo. Kinda. +1 for Norfair/Japes back :p

Good **** to everyone that went out this weekend and repped Wolf ;D

Any videos from Brainshock? Also, sorry Gull, but it was definitely not a hugely stacked tournament :x

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf can kinda deal with Wario on Brinstar, imo. Kinda. +1 for Norfair/Japes back :p

Good **** to everyone that went out this weekend and repped Wolf ;D

Any videos from Brainshock? Also, sorry Gull, but it was definitely not a hugely stacked tournament :x

I will actually be the one to upload vids from Brainshock since Yink is sending me the replays tomorrow =).

And it had exactly 69 ENTRANTS.

THE POWER OF 69.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
WHOOOO! :3

Also, I heard you went Wolf vs two Pikas. Are any of those sets going to be uploaded? :o

Three Pikachu's.

Argentstew, King Beef, and Luckay4Lyphe all went Pikachu at least one round vs me. Luckay's was the hardest (On Fd).

The one with Luckay will be up! The other two won't because I played them not on Zant's setup.

Pikachu vs Wolf isn't even that bad. I'm at a point where I only ever worry about versing D3 or Mk's in tourney. Mk's always have new tricks or play gay as possible vs me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Pikachu is the easiest character to not get grabbed by that you can't get grabbed by. IC's will trick you with 2 different grabbers, falco's pivot grab is godly, D3 is ********, Pika has no grab range and if you just stand there and shine, he's stuck.

tekkie

Smash Master
Pikachu is the easiest character to not get grabbed by that you can't get grabbed by. IC's will trick you with 2 different grabbers, falco's pivot grab is godly, D3 is ********, Pika has no grab range and if you just stand there and shine, he's stuck.
perfect shield

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i feel like ally is playing wofl because he's threatened by wofl and is determined to figure out how to destroy wofl

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, I never felt that Pikachu was a -3 match-up for us. I hope there's going to be a ruleset in the future that allows players to use a handicap ... that'd make the match-up perfectly playable.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So guys top of mid tier. Almost there.. Almost.

Thoughts?

Laem

Smash Champion
^ Yayuhz.

D tier particularly looks good to me. I've thought for a long time tha Fox, Wolf and Peach were the kings (and queen) of midtier (TL and ZSS and stuff being high tier).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I've played Argent's Pikachu before and didn't have too much trouble.

I like his Pokemon Trainer. :p

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
How insistent are these pikas you're playing at getting the grab though? :( Pika's beatable, just VERY gay.

If you play smart you won't get grabbed. Hence, I use a lot of platform camping till I'm around 50-60ish...

Just sh bair his shield continuously till he inputs a grab and Fsmash him.

Every Pikachu plays the same. Shad>Utilt gimmicks, Dthrow>Charge Fsmash in a direction for them to AD back into, spam dsmash, etc...

Luckay4lyphe used to main Pikachu, but now he alts him specifically for Mk. I forgot to ban Fd vs him and he took me there.

He isn't very gay. The matchup is highly overated.

I don't see how Peach is the same category as Fox/Wolf to be honest. I think She should be in E tier and D should be renamed "Space Animals".

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Every Pikachu plays the same. Shad>Utilt gimmicks, Dthrow>Charge Fsmash in a direction for them to AD back into, spam dsmash, etc...
Err, I've never had a Pika Dthrow me and start charging an Fsmash, and most Pikas I play against don't use much Dsmash cause it's a bad move unless you're fighting ICs.

I don't see why a Pika would ever dthrow > fsmash against a Wolf because there is no situation where it would ever work unless the Wolf is playing dumb. If he grabs you he should chain grab you, and if he's chain grabbing you you should attempt to shine out. If he tries to do an Fsmash after Dthrow then he'll get hit by shine, and at higher percents you shouldn't be air dodging after Dthrow anyways, you should by jumping away from him. And if he Dthrows then walks around to follow where you're going to land and starts charging it, you should shine to hit him when you see him charging it, you shouldn't air dodge into it.

And do the Pikas you fight know the wolf matchup? I **** Pikas that don't know the matchup, because Wolf does have a lot of things against Pikachu when all they know how to do is chain grab. If they know the matchup well then it's hard.

And I've never played 2 pikas that play the same, mainly because Pika has a lot of tech stuff and different pikachu mains are better at different techs so that affects their playstyles.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Err, I've never had a Pika Dthrow me and start charging an Fsmash, and most Pikas I play against don't use much Dsmash cause it's a bad move unless you're fighting ICs.

I don't see why a Pika would ever dthrow > fsmash against a Wolf because there is no situation where it would ever work unless the Wolf is playing dumb. If he grabs you he should chain grab you, and if he's chain grabbing you you should attempt to shine out. If he tries to do an Fsmash after Dthrow then he'll get hit by shine, and at higher percents you shouldn't be air dodging after Dthrow anyways, you should by jumping away from him. And if he Dthrows then walks around to follow where you're going to land and starts charging it, you should shine to hit him when you see him charging it, you shouldn't air dodge into it.

And do the Pikas you fight know the wolf matchup? I **** Pikas that don't know the matchup, because Wolf does have a lot of things against Pikachu when all they know how to do is chain grab. If they know the matchup well then it's hard.

And I've never played 2 pikas that play the same, mainly because Pika has a lot of tech stuff and different pikachu mains are better at different techs so that affects their playstyles.

Esam does it 10-20 times per set~. They always do it (Especially to Mk's because they like to AD back to the ground since Pika's dthrow has such low knockback).

Link me to you playing the matchup in a vid.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Most opponents are hard because they have CGs; without CGs they'd by easier to CP and more manageable.:urg:

Top Bottom