• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Back from tourney. It was a bit unfortunate for us Wolves because we had to take each other out in the loser bracket. T beat me first and later he also took out Semifer ... he used a fair amount of Wolf this tourney [and he dittoed me :mad:] and eventually placed 9th. There were a lot of upset at this tourney in general .

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
I forgot to throw bottles.
Yo I have to play Chair, Semifer and Staco almost every international. What's with that.

Yes gull, i went d3 vs semifer xd (Honestly I'd lose the ditto, me garbz). Matches were, against all odds, pretty fun though. When i play Semifer my gordo magic just comes to life.

Yo gheb ur wolf was pretty good imo, keep it up. u (Austria i guess) were gone in a flash though :O

None of this would've happened if I'd be capable of beating semi-random snakes :p.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Desti is far from a semi-random though. And Snake vs DDD is gay once Snake has the lead :c

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So I was told to post here looking for advice... I have a guy thats a Toon Link I need to beat and need some strategies. Any Suggestions?
I'm going to try to actually answer your question instead of quote it and say something completely irrelevant like everyone else lol

What strategies in particular are you having trouble with? Anyways, here's the general advice I can give off the top of my head. TL's (main) kill moves in this MU (imo) are uair, usmash, utilt, and fsmash, so keep an eye out for them when you're at kill %s (as in, don't AD into the ground near TL, use b-reversals or AD to avoid his uair, etc). His projectiles aren't too bad, just make sure you're not caught in reflector lag unless you're far away or TL might start comboing you with zair. Instant-throwing bombs can be helpful, especially if they bounce off the top of your shield (SH forward OoS and then instant-throw). Uhh... yeah... lol idk, can't really give much specific advice unless you let me know which strategies you're having trouble with, sorry X_x hope I helped though :)

D

Deleted member

I just have been busy/distracted by some other things. I plan on playing some wifi this week, though.

So wolves...how was your Memorial Day weekends?

Yikarur

Smash Master
the bracket for Semifer was really stupid, he lost to istudy (ICs, Diddy) first (he sd'd first match =/ ) and then it was exactly like the last tournament (losing to T, next opponent Staco xD)

Dedede so gay.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
DeDeDe is the AIDS virus.

I just got back from vacation and I found out my car died and I didn't get reaccepted to school this semester, all today. I'm probably going to go on some sort of rampage later.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I just got back from vacation and I found out my car died and I didn't get reaccepted to school this semester, all today. I'm probably going to go on some sort of rampage later.
Dude... rough X_x good luck with all of that, wish I could say something more than just good luck though, that blows :(

My weekend has been aight, summer classes start tomorrow :x

rsr2

Smash Lord
So wolves...how was your Memorial Day weekends?
Everything was fine this weekend until yesterday morning when I found out I might be dropped from one of classes for not making attendance. It's an online course and I saw that I was dropped today and was freaking out like what is going on? So I am going to call someone tomorrow to see if they can fix it. If not there is a huge problem : \

D

Deleted member

How does attendance in online classes even work?

Edit: Oh wow, I broke 3,000.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Seriously. The only way I can think of is something like discussion posts or assignments or something.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Assignments, like my teacher does things different then the others and that is I don't have to turn in my math assignments seperately. Basically I do my homework in the mathlab and then I print screen it and turn it in. Now my teacher juts goes straight into my mathlab and just grades me there because she thinks it's stupid to do it the other way and this is easier on the students. So that is why they said I don't make attendance. but in a few hours I will have all the stuff straighten out but I was freaking out earlier but now everything is okay.

Sonjicboom

Smash Apprentice
Hey Wofls! I hate to distract the flow of the thread, but I have a question regarding Wofl's retreating f-air. I am trying to time it so as to achieve a significant retreat while keeping it lagless, but find myself timing it horribly. How do you guys pull off his lagless retreating consistently?

Also, is wi-fi a sufficient means of training, or will it throw off my timing significantly?

:058:

D

Deleted member

Hey Wofls! I hate to distract the flow of the thread, but I have a question regarding Wofl's retreating f-air. I am trying to time it so as to achieve a significant retreat while keeping it lagless, but find myself timing it horribly. How do you guys pull off his lagless retreating consistently?

Also, is wi-fi a sufficient means of training, or will it throw off my timing significantly?

:058:
Wifi actually helps me soooooooo much.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I use X for jump and then hit A since my thumb is resting on it already basically. Wifi can help a lot, but too much of it can develop some bad habits offline imo.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Okay today went from one of the worst days ever, to being amazing!

To start, I got a phone call at 9am saying that I was dropped from my course and that I had to pay to take it again. On top of that, I wasn't going to be able to walk at graduation on the 18th. So I was very upset and frustrated about this that I had to lay down and cool off and try to think about the whole situation. Then I get a phone call at 2pm.

-I am still able to walk for graduation because I was already signed up.
- I get to retake the course for free because they feel that it's wrong for what happened to me because both sides were right in the situation.
- Finally as a bonus, there is a brawl tournament that day 30 minutes away from where I am graduating (at Ford Field MegaRobMan) So I will be able to walk then play brawl immediately afterwards.

So that was some awesome news. The other is that I ordered AT&T DSL + phone for $50 a month. So I should be able to play a lot of Wifi on Monday. Woo!

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I have tap jump on and i just press Up and C inmediatly, the atack cancels the jump momentum and keeps it in short hop, it always Autocancels the fair.

Choice

Smash Champion
is grab release to dsmash guaranteed on falco on the edge of sv's platform? i just did it to someone on wifi

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fox can force air releases against MK on Lylat Cruise and Dash Usmash him. How does work for Wolf and DACUS?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fox can force air releases against MK on Lylat Cruise and Dash Usmash him. How does work for Wolf and DACUS?

Dacus is guaranteed on Metaknight out of a grab release. As long as his feet aren't touching the ground, then he'll air release. It's possible that he could force an air release on Lylat. I haven't really done testing. I'm also going to sleep. Test this out Ghebby since you're probably gonna be the only one up for a few hours loool.

Top Bottom