• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Male cheerleaders get ALL the *****es
because they think he's gay

:059:
My brother was a male cheerleader at UNL and he just looked at girls butts all day when he held them above his head. Also he's christian and crazy. But not gay in the least. My cousin however, spent the entire weekend trying to shove his hand up my/brother/cousin/inlaw's *****, and that's not acceptable. Incest and homosexuality are both perfectly normal, but not together.

Don't quote me on that.
Are there any fat Wolf players?

I am 6 foot tall and 220, balding and 25. I'm probably the fattest wolf main. I'm chubby but if I actually moved more than 6 times a day I would probably be super sex \/

33rd is bad.
I'd like to spend this moment and say, first off, thank you for picking me up in Baltimore and taking me to the fest. 2nd, thanks for the **** and feces. 3rd of all, I'm disappointed, you are way better than that. 4th of all I go (2 or 3) and 2 in every tournament I enter OOS :/ But I usually get bracket fyqde

5th of all. Today I got pooped on by a seagull, man. So I've been **** on by at least 2 seagulls in the last few days.

But most importantly, had fun playing you in the matches, if you upload them, be sure and post that A. Not only was that was the first time I had played brawl in 3, first matches even, but B. That was the first time I had played brawl SOBER probably ever, LOL.

you should go to the fest tekkie, what's the deal?!
I've been beggin the people in North Carolina to host something while I'm here in Greenville, NC. You should attend something that is voluntery.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think I found a somewhat legit set-up for utilt. I don't know why this didn't occur to anybody earlier - and if it did idk why nobody shared it yet - but auto-canceled bair frametraps all airdodges for a guaranteed utilt. Utilt hits on the 6th frame I believe and the difference between an airdodge and an auto-canceled bair is WAY more than just 6 frames.
Of course this all depends on our position ... but the frame advantage should be enough for either dsmash or utilt to hit.

Against Snake dsmash *****. It hits under grenades at the moment he pulls them out, punishes all his tilts and has big enough a hitbox to hit Snake's falling bair without having Wolf get hit himself. It's possibly Wolf's best ground move and I feel like in certain match-ups you should use it more as a move for grounded zoning and punishment. The overall utility of the move outshines it's utility as a mere kill move in these match-ups. The match-ups I'm mainly referring to are the one's where you need to put a lot of focus on a strong ground game - Snake, ROB, Marth and Falco [imo it's a bit too slow in the Diddy match-up where I come to value dtilt more].

Speaking of Falco - what move do you use to intercept his sideB? I've been using SH Nair for it but recently out local Falco player has started to predict it more and Nair has 10 frames of start-up, which is pretty slow. Even if you predict his sideB correctly I find myself missing a lot of hits I "should" have gotten in.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Speaking of Falco - what move do you use to intercept his sideB? I've been using SH Nair for it but recently out local Falco player has started to predict it more and Nair has 10 frames of start-up, which is pretty slow. Even if you predict his sideB correctly I find myself missing a lot of hits I "should" have gotten in.

I haven't played against a Falco in a long time unfortunately :/ but I don't usually try to break their Side B. I usually either just try to edgehog so they have to recover on stage or powershield it and punish when they land. I didn't know Nair could break it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol, so Wolf's boost grab is lulzy, and I usually do it whenever I input DACUS incorrectly, but does Wolf's boost grab distance lend itself to be actually functional, like Sheik, Falco, Marth, and Snake's? Also, I haven't looked extensively into Wolf's frame data, but is it safe to say that Wolf's dair has a lot of autocancel frames in the beginning of the move? (when I say autocancel, I mean true autocancel, not low lag aerials like Wolf's FF bair).

Also, I heard a long time ago that Wolf utilt is useful, I'm having a hard time seeing it, seeing as how the move seems so situational and the hitbox is kinda small, and doesn't do a whole lot besides being a juggle starter. Is there something I'm missing out on?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think I found a somewhat legit set-up for utilt. I don't know why this didn't occur to anybody earlier - and if it did idk why nobody shared it yet - but auto-canceled bair frametraps all airdodges for a guaranteed utilt. Utilt hits on the 6th frame I believe and the difference between an airdodge and an auto-canceled bair is WAY more than just 6 frames.
Of course this all depends on our position ... but the frame advantage should be enough for either dsmash or utilt to hit.

Against Snake dsmash *****. It hits under grenades at the moment he pulls them out, punishes all his tilts and has big enough a hitbox to hit Snake's falling bair without having Wolf get hit himself. It's possibly Wolf's best ground move and I feel like in certain match-ups you should use it more as a move for grounded zoning and punishment. The overall utility of the move outshines it's utility as a mere kill move in these match-ups. The match-ups I'm mainly referring to are the one's where you need to put a lot of focus on a strong ground game - Snake, ROB, Marth and Falco [imo it's a bit too slow in the Diddy match-up where I come to value dtilt more].

Utilt comes out on frame 7-8. It's too slow to be useful against Marth or Falco. Rob and Snake it can work out to someone's advantage sometimes, but it really isn't that good of a Wolf. It's really good in Wolf dittos though.

Nair comes out on frame 4 also.
Lol, so Wolf's boost grab is lulzy, and I usually do it whenever I input DACUS incorrectly, but does Wolf's boost grab distance lend itself to be actually functional, like Sheik, Falco, Marth, and Snake's? Also, I haven't looked extensively into Wolf's frame data, but is it safe to say that Wolf's dair has a lot of autocancel frames in the beginning of the move? (when I say autocancel, I mean true autocancel, not low lag aerials like Wolf's FF bair).

Also, I heard a long time ago that Wolf utilt is useful, I'm having a hard time seeing it, seeing as how the move seems so situational and the hitbox is kinda small, and doesn't do a whole lot besides being a juggle starter. Is there something I'm missing out on?
It isn't even a juggle move. Wolf's boost grab is underused. It goes farther then his normal grab by a good distance.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nair hits on the 5th frame but you also have to make the jump input to even gain access to it. That's another +7 frames. Way too much to be practical.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Nair hits on the 5th frame but you also have to make the jump input to even gain access to it. That's another +7 frames. Way too much to be practical.

It's the best move to utilize when you're being juggled. It's safer then shine. It also frame traps.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What the **** am I reading.

I'm asking about INTERCEPTING Falco's side-B! What moves are practical? Recently I found that Nair isn't because it's too slow. Does dtilt work?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im also not seeing how his utilt can be useful. Its hitbox priority just isnt as good as some of his other moves.

Also what choice said i was about to say jab. Wolfs jab is one of my favorite moves on the guy. Do his first jab, then mind **** your opponent -- walk up and grab him or walk away, w/e you want LOL

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
ish! join us in the wolf xat.

http://xat.com/thespaceanimals
Man, I missed it :<

Don't quote me on that.
;D

Good matches with Seagull btw :3

It rains gorgeous asian girls in UCLA. That's more important than your engineering program. And being an engineer sucks.
Idk man, idk... it's a tough call lol. And being an engineer seems to be pretty awesome, from what I can tell ;D The workload is nowhere near as bad as people like to say, it's not nearly as hard as people like to say, there are internships out the wazoo, and I'm basically guaranteed a job with a pretty tasty starting salary. What's not to like?

I'd think that uair would work a bit better than bair, but my main question is, why not just grab them or usmash their landing instead? And interesting @ dsmash, I'll really need to try that out more. It's a good ground move but sometimes I feel like the cooldown is just a tad too much :x I usually try to nair Falco's sideB, I find it more reliable than jab/shine since the hitbox is constantly active :x can we hit him out with fsmash's first hitbox? Not that it's much faster than nair though... pivot grab :awesome:

The only possible use I see for boost grab is if you want to be a bit quicker on dthrow chases, but I don't use it much nor know of anything combo-like that comes out of it :/ Dair, idk sometimes I think it has AC frames before Wolf starts to move his hands downwards, but I'm leaning towards just a few short frames of landing lag.

Utilt is great. Nobody expects the utilt. But yeah, as far as practical applications go, there aren't way too many :p You can follow up an usmash at low % with an utilt sometimes, or use it to punish landings on platforms, but yeah. The vertical hitbox comes out before the second hit of Wolf's usmash and any aerial Wolf has, so it's good if you need something quick to hit at platform level.

FML

:pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu: :pichu:
:(

How do you mess up DACUS so badly that you end up doing a boost grab instead? o.O

I mess up DACUS so badly that I end up fsmashing in the opposite direction, just ask Choice lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What the **** am I reading.

I'm asking about INTERCEPTING Falco's side-B! What moves are practical? Recently I found that Nair isn't because it's too slow. Does dtilt work?

Laser>Shine (If they don't buffer another side b).

Nair is practical.

Jab is semi-practical (Harder to time).

Dsmash might be practical if timed correctly?

Either way, if he ends up on stage then laser him before he can cancel his LP and then grab and dthrow him offstage again.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ish, usmash is most likely too slow to hit within the frame time window that the airdodge of the opponent leaves. It has twice the amount of windup lag that utilt has. I feel like the overall frame time of auto-cancelled bair is not only shorter than uair but I also found that you end up in a safer position to punish the air-dodge afterwards. Probably a personal impression of mine, I'm sure uair would work just as well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How do you mess up DACUS so badly that you end up doing a boost grab instead? o.O

EZ

You put in the "up" part of DACUS too late. I'm really used to Sheik's timing where it's really weird, so it ends up ignoring the up and the input acts like dash -> c-down -> grab.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Man, I missed it :<
Yeah you did, Choice and I talked about food mostly. I was also trying to convince him to make a blueberry cake after talking about Blueberry Muffin Tops Cereal (Greatest Cereal in the World imo) There was other stuff we talked about but that was to sum up most of it.

Choice

Smash Champion
EZ

You put in the "up" part of DACUS too late. I'm really used to Sheik's timing where it's really weird, so it ends up ignoring the up and the input acts like dash -> c-down -> grab.
you should use an attack input instead of a grab input.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
EZ

Yeah I use Sheik too and I'm used to her DACUS timing, but pressing Up too late should still just result in a dash attack since you press C-stick down before pressing whatever you use for attack or grab.

you should use an attack input instead of a grab input.
Is there any downside to using Grab for it instead? I use A because I'm used to Sheik's where you have to use attack instead of grab for hers to work, unless you turn off jumptap which I don't see much of a point in doing.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Ish, usmash is most likely too slow to hit within the frame time window that the airdodge of the opponent leaves. It has twice the amount of windup lag that utilt has. I feel like the overall frame time of auto-cancelled bair is not only shorter than uair but I also found that you end up in a safer position to punish the air-dodge afterwards. Probably a personal impression of mine, I'm sure uair would work just as well.

I use the uair -> usmash thing a lot on characters like Marth. If you do it right and they airdodge your uair, you get a free usmash out of it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah I use Sheik too and I'm used to her DACUS timing, but pressing Up too late should still just result in a dash attack since you press C-stick down before pressing whatever you use for attack or grab.

Is there any downside to using Grab for it instead? I use A because I'm used to Sheik's where you have to use attack instead of grab for hers to work, unless you turn off jumptap which I don't see much of a point in doing.

Haha, yeah sheik's I have to set R to attack, but w/ Wolf's I've gotten the timing down, the time between the DA and the cancel to the usmash isn't too hard compared to sheik's, just really short/not as lenient as Snake's.

btw, we're talking about the same boost grab, right? Boost grab is basically DA canceled into a grab (not the boosted pivot grab), so it's natural for it to happen from a cstick -> Z (when I'm too slow in the grab input, I usually get a dash attack instead, although I hardly do this anymore now that I've gotten more used to Wolf's DACUS timing). tbh, I'd rather have a boost grab come out than a DA when I incorrectly input, that move looks so unbearably laggy and unsafe, grab is probably the same way though lol :p.

@Choice: How would you do that? Do you have a custom control scheme set for attack, like one of the shoulder buttons, or do you claw? Personally, I can see why wolf's would have some alternative control methods, to make SH lagless fair more consistent and all (I can't ever seem to avoid the lag if I do fair via c-stick to space, I always seem to need to use -> + A to get it lagless) :p

Whooa, had a deja vu moment there.

Choice

Smash Champion
i claw, and for auto cancel fair i press up on the analog stick and forward on c-stick. up + c-stick makes sh aerials easy for any character =)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was unaware that there was a boost grab other than a boost pivot grab.

Pressing up on the control stick to do short hop aerials seems like it would be weird o.O I just use Jump and A, unless I'm doing a retreating aerial, then I just use jump and c-stick. <3 claw. I claw for DACUS too.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Were holding an interview thread like the wofl one on the smash forum of Costa Rica, its waaaaaaaaaay too fun lmao

Choice

Smash Champion
oh i think i forgot to say this, but i'm pretty sure yikarur once said that using an attack input for dacus IS better than using a grab input. like you can't enter a grab input as early as you can attack

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^That makes sense, since grab is technically like multiple inputs (even for one button) as opposed to attack. Which would explain why it's pretty much impossible to do Sheik's DACUS w/ regular cstick + up Z like most ones.

Yikarur

Smash Master
uh..

for dacus it's better to use attack because the first cancelable frames of dash attack are also cancelable by grab so if you use "Z" for dacus you'll always have to delay the Z press if you want to upsmash. Sheiks dash attack isn't even cancelable by an upsmash with Z because her grab-cancelable frames are completly occupied with her attack cancelable frames.

E: I'm so tired I hope this is understandable x__x

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
uh..

for dacus it's better to use attack because the first cancelable frames of dash attack are also cancelable by grab so if you use "Z" for dacus you'll always have to delay the Z press if you want to upsmash. Sheiks dash attack isn't even cancelable by an upsmash with Z because her grab-cancelable frames are completly occupied with her attack cancelable frames.

E: I'm so tired I hope this is understandable x__x

Oh, I was surmising my guess with the same reason why 90% of the time when I accidentally don't do the proper custom controls for frame advance (which sets Z to taunt so that the game doesn't get that input when trying to advance by each frame), why grab doesn't seem to come out as often as it should when I use Z to go frame by frame rofl. My bad. That makes sense too though. Personally, I'm okay with sacrificing those small bits of frames usually if it means I don't have to claw or set attack to something more ergonomic lol, but w/ sheik, it's pretty necessary for the reason you stated.

Top Bottom