• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With the metaknight banning idea rupturing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
...All over the nation (i know it is in GA and Florida, i would just assume everywhere else). How do you all feel about your character being completely taken out of brawl if it happens? Do you have a secondary? Will you quit?

Thoughts.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
I just laugh silently to myself. Brawl scrubs whine about banning something different every month this game has been out (camping, snake, DDD grabs, IC grabs, MK, holding onto the edge, etc). Using metaknight to **** the last few locals who still think Brawl is good, is about the only fun I have left when I play smash.

If there is anyone left to money match I'd just play falco or snake. Otherwise, I'll just quit and pray Nintendo doesn't let Sakurai near Smash again.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I just laugh silently to myself. Brawl scrubs whine about banning something different every month this game has been out (camping, snake, DDD grabs, IC grabs, MK, holding onto the edge, etc). Using metaknight to **** the last few locals who still think Brawl is good, is about the only fun I have left when I play smash.

If there is anyone left to money match I'd just play falco or snake. Otherwise, I'll just quit and pray Nintendo doesn't let Sakurai near Smash again.
Because Melee is also Sakurai's fault, and Nintendo doesn't like money.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I already play some other characters a little and I've been considering maining Snake again anyway, I like him more anyway I mostly play MK because I do better with him. I also consider Marth, ZSS, Wario and Falco to be possibilities, but I'm not thinking about them too much until it actually happens.

oh and *drinks*

KRiMz0N

Smash Journeyman
my feet are draggin down on this dusty old road

a troll approaches

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mk is banned at the next HOBO right?

lol if this trend spreads im going to go snake/rob/ddd

sucks cuz i wounder what m2k is going to do. DDD? this blows mk is beatable seriously just .. not the handful of the best players who are USING mk anyway...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
...All over the nation (i know it is in GA and Florida, i would just assume everywhere else). How do you all feel about your character being completely taken out of brawl if it happens? Do you have a secondary? Will you quit?

Thoughts.
I'll just switch to Peach. No worries, but it will be a shame if it happens.:(

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I am not a Meta Knight main persay, but it would nevertheless affect me. I would be SEVERELY disappointed in the Smash community for banning a character just for being the best. All this whining about only MK? "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination" ring a bell? :-P
I made this sig for a reason!! I, and all the others who wish to use it, shall wear it proudly!!

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
"No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination" ring a bell? :-P
One difference between Melee Fox and Meta Knight is that Fox actually took plenty of tech skill to master, where as Meta Knight does not require much tech skill.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
One difference between Melee Fox and Meta Knight is that Fox actually took plenty of tech skill to master, where as Meta Knight does not require much tech skill.
well if he has no skill then go to a tourney and win

*Y462 goes to tourney with mk and loses*

thats what i thought

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I think a lot of the pros would be relieved if they didn't have to play metaknight to beat the best metaknights. I also think the game would be funner without MK.

That said, I don't support an SBR ban, TOs can do it if they want, definitely, and I think some experimentation would be cool just to see what would happen. Some medium tiers could rise to top if their one **** MU was gone I think.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
If scrubs want balance, then they need to make tournies that are "x character only" tournaments. Honestly if you can't handle mk, then don't play brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom