• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wisdom's Weapons - Zelda Moveset Analysis/Discussion [Currently casually discussing~]

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nayru's is one of the better moves in the game, fast, good damage, intangible, easily one of the best moves she has.

4/5

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
nayru definitely got improved from brawl

sometimes a funny thing can happen when you use nayru against a weak attack like jab and the hits trade and are both canceled but both of you mashing the buttons so hard you keep interrupring yourself like this for 5 secs or more if none of you is willing to stop lmao

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
Nayrus is good and probably out last the other reflectors. It does what it does and does it good. Really great against spammers whether they be projectile spammer or smash spammer. It has uses outside of reflecting, techs, and deals good damage. 4/5 I feel that we should talk about customs just to share info and opinion even if we don't use. I find passion ok. It's nice using it on the edge and off stage cause you can pull someone's up b away from the edge or just flat out kill them. Sometimes disrupts air approach. I think it has intangible, I remember playing on the ds I was able to avoid attacks but that's way back in November. I find it super fun. 3/5 Reject is a better at avoiding hits than love but oh my gosh I dearly miss the range. As far as I see it, it's Love's nerf form.2/5

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Nayrus Love is a good move, I'd rate it 4/5. I feel it's a get off me move and does good damage plus it's a good punish for predicting rolls and spotdoges too and easily one of her best moves. Oh and it's a reflector too :p

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Nayru's is definitely a good move for certain. One of Zelda's few reliable tools.

However due to it's horrendous afterlag, it is considerably bad on shields. Due to it not being able to be held down for perpetual reflection like Fox's reflector as well, it can be baited to knick her in the longish afterlag.

So as an actual reflector, it's not terrible but not something you can willy-nilly toss out whenever you feel like it as it's a hard commitment.

Ironically it performs better as an offensive/counterattack than anything!

4/5

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Naryu's Love is one of Zelda's more reliable tools. It's her best special because it has the most useful properties. It can punish rolls, get people off of you, can be used to retreat as well as approach after hitstun, gives Zelda something against projetiles and does good damage. However if there things that needed to be changed I'd give it a buff in speed, while it is faster than Melee and Brawl it has horrible end-lag and doesn't makes Zelda useless against any projectile in which her opponent can follow behind it or be used for different options.

Though honestly I question in intangibility a lot. Sometimes I still get hit despite the intangibility, but then when it comes to other moves it can punish or save me. Idk what's up with that. It's also good against spamming Zelda's who use Dins Fail, as it shields you completely from the move and you take no damage. (Not that you even would fall into Dins Fail.)

I'd say if they give it a buff in speed, decrease the endlag and make it to where Zelda can shield during the duration I feel this would save Zelda from grabs, give her more defensive option against projectiles and get them off at the same time. It's a useful tool against people who run in as well. Basically increasing the defensive properties. I'd give it a 3.5/5. It's Zelda's best special and one of her few reliable moves, but that end-lag needs work. Love Jump is awesome by the way. lol I'm still trying to learn, but I like it nonetheless.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Din's Fire...umm...yay... :secretkpop: Din's is a bad move, there's no denying that, but it has some niche uses. It's fairly good at getting rid of Rosalina's Luma, if someone is far off stage you might as well throw it out, because a tiny chance to hit is better than no chance, and while Little Mac is recovering it can force him into a bad situation where he has to get hit or airdodge and risk falling too low to recover

1/5

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Hi :)

Din's Fire definitely isn't good and has a ton of flaws like being slow to move and activate, easy to dodge and having a pretty specific sweetspot if it does land. Not to mention it screws over her recovery at times since it puts her into a helpless state in the air. However, I've been having a soft spot for it as of late with its utility of covering landings from afar and forcing the opponent to go where you want while edgeguarding. It also has some niches as a projectile that's immune to Villager's Pocket and can pressure Luma in the Rosalina matchup. It gives the longest range out of Zelda's moves as well and pairs decently with Phantom Slash (which is less bad as of version 1.10 yay!). Gliding with it on a short hop or b-reverse can also shift Zelda's momentum a bit, which is pretty cool.

In the end, it's a bad move that Zelda is kind of forced to use at long range, with some niche uses that save it from being terrible.

2/5

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
So we've reached this point of the move analysis thread... Well, here goes.

Din should be ashamed. It's slow, predictable, punishable, easy to shield, Zelda can't move while channeling it unless she jumps with it which is dangerous because it makes her helpless afterwards, it's cancelled out by so many moves, is easy to beat out with other projectiles. The good news is, it kills Luma.

1/5 always use flare over fire.

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
I never really thought much of the Phantom changing because I thought Sakurai had this move in mind solely for free for alls. But then of all things it was fixed and buffed.
I can't see why the playtesters and Sakurai would ever think of din's fire as a free for all only move. Its blast radius is not what it was in bra** and one is required to land the sweetspot if they to ko an opponent.
The AC window that was received is greatly appreciated.
It would be nice if they cut the release animation from 40->32 and the hitbox appears 8 frames rather than 16 frames.
Endlag similar to shiek's burst grenade would be fair and do similar to PK freeze since they are both moves with high risk low rewards
1.5/5
It still kills.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I can't wait to see the scores for this move. :secretkpop:

I've pretty much given up on trying to hit someone with this move onstage. We all know its problems blah blah.

It's more of a space controller/trapping thing for me now. I usually use it to get someone to airdodge into a bad position offstage, allowing for a Nair/Dair gimp. Using it after a semi high % Dsmash near the ledge can be effective, since se characters have to take the hit, which will probably end up KOing them.

It's also free edgeguarding, just not effective edgeguarding.

If you combine it with the Phantom, you can attempt to keep an enemy away. I do this often if I'm being defensive or waiting for my shield to regenerate.

2/5. Not a good projectile for damage, but it has some niche use in positioning and trapping. It's also a good support move in doubles, and can work well with G&W's Bucket and Ness and Lucas's Magnets.

EDIT: This move also keeps Zelda from being camped out by custom Villager. We shouldn't fear that Villager strategy at all.

EDIT 2: Honestly, looking back at this post, Din's really isn't as bad as we make it out to be. I mean it's definitely NOT good at all, but I feel like we rag on it a bit too much, lol.

Last edited:

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Oh god here we go with Dins Fail. Just a terrible move. This move is terribly easy to avoid ( even players who are semi decent at best could avoid this move.) It'll never kill, and it has horrid end-lag with an annoying free fall offstage. (I hate accidentally using this when trying to use Farore's Wind to recover. Though this is a rare thing.) Considering this is Zelda's ranged move that's sad. Now that Phantom got a buff it's pretty much got the edge over Fail.

The only use this move has is baiting someone into a bad dodge to punish with the occasional Dair spikes and it's actually not bad in doubles play either. So I can see something come out of it in doubles play But that's the only use I've seen out of it. Yet for some reason people use this move. :p Though it is decent against Luma. So points there as well.

Use Dins Flare, it's much faster, can be used to follow up after moves such as Jab. And can give Zelda a better chance against zoners. Dins Fail needs a hit box as it travels, have reduced end lag where Zelda can react afterwards. This way she could follow the moving Dins Fire and it's hit boxes could lead into things. She also needs to be able to move when using it too.

2/5 for me. And that's honestly generous. lol Without being generous I'd give it a 1.5/5

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 is the only game that could make me miss Brawl's Din's Fire (which is sadly the best official version of the move).

The only time you'll actually use this move is when you accidentally input this instead of Farore's and freefall plummet to your doom in shame and embarrassment.

But seriously, it's got horrible start up and ending lag, a tacked on finicky sweetspot, requires dedicated channeling, induces freefall, predictable hit box, not nearly as maneuverable as PK Thunder for a controllable projectile, requires a mandatory amount of distance travelled to actually kill anything...

Probably the best usage of Din's is in teams, where it could be used to save a teammate if they can't recover to the edge by hitting them with the weak hit. Or doing some silly shenanigans with G&W Bucket / Ness Lucas projectile absorb. Fairly gimmicky usage.

Overall? 1/5 I'd say. It's really just terrible. Almost Samus tier terrible! Almost.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Question for everyone: what range attack type moves are worse than Din's? The only one I can think of is mii gunner's stealth burst, which basically is Din's.

Everything's been said: 1/5.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Din's Fire (4/5)

I think Din's is great move if used sparingly or to force an approach. Against certain match ups, yes, its terrible, (like Sheik), but the move is useful to capitalize on mind games and skill levels.

I normally land with Din's when I'm reading a jump from the ledge, I start Din's and hold up right after. The angle normally forces them to air dodge (obviously) or I have a chance at killing them.

The fact this is an offstage KILL move if you're precise that puts Zelda at NO RISK whatsoever, regardless of it being slow, it pays off with proper use.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I know most of you gurls are gonna hate on Dins and give it -27722399/5 but i'm gonna be @ Macchiato Macchiato and give the move a 3/5.

Instead of looking at Dins fire like the worst projectile ever i like to look at it more like a Checking tool. Dins can tell you alot about what your opponents know about Zelda depending on their reaction to it. do they roll around?do they stand and block? do they charge? attack? seeing their reaction to Dins can tell you how much you might be able to get away with Dins and a few other moves depending on what they do when you use it.

Dins has some positives. its one of the only projectiles that cannot be reflected only absorbed so against characters with reflectors you don't ever really have to fear throwing out a Dins at them and having it come back in your face. only four characters can absorb Dins and even when facing those four, if you bait out the absorption tool they may put themselves in a bad position depending on the situation. certain cheese tactics like Villager tree camping Dins actually can defeat because of how Dins functions. characters lacking a ranged option aren't necessarily forced to approach because of Dins but Dins does reach all the way across most stages and only a few moves can actually reach Zelda from that far away if her opponent wants to stand by and dodge Dins all day. Zelda can get a lead and mindlessly Dins until the clock goes down or they move around. Dins also can kill at around 100% near the ledge so that's an extra bonus.

Dins also walls off a certain section of space for a time which can cause people to either get hit by Dins or die trying to avoid it. Opponent likes to fall down low to recover? send Dins to the space they usually go to, you'd be surprised how many people fall into Dins trying to fastfall past it because they are used to going low and aren't necessarily thinking about where Dins is being aimed if not directly at them. even on stage in certain footsie situations Zelda can pivot a quick Dins at an advancing opponent and net a few percent because they fell into the space.

Zelda can attempt to counter camp to some extent with Dins mixing and matching between Phantom and Jumping Dins to aim low to the ground. it's not a fullproof plan but if facing an opponent with mindless camp tactics Zelda can counter camp somewhat especially on stages with odd layouts and platforms. wavebounce Dins adds to Zelda playing a few jank camp/check tactics because it shoots her back far enough that only the fastest runners can get to her before she can move again. also aiming Dins so you purposefully get hit by a weak projectile while Dins goes to its max distance can help Zelda in trade camping at times.
Dins is still not the best projectile due to its overall slow movement, lack of movement control, freefall inducing, tiny sweetspot effects but thinking of it less like a camping tool we need think of it more as an option to see what Zelda can get away with and set up on her opponents makes Dins OK sometimes in some places. :secretkpop:

edit 1.1.0: Fixed

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
YASSSSSS IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOVE :)

Where do I start?

0/5

Reasons:

• 40+ frames start up (MINIMUM) to deal 3 to 7% damage (if you hit the sweetspot)
  • Channeled move, you are literally stuck in a >1 second commitment as soon as you press Side B
  • Absurdly difficult to hit with
  • Sourspot doesn't KO until like, 500%
  • Sweetspot at max range got nerfed and is Lightning Kick sweetspot levels of size (2.1 vs 1.9)
  • Induces freefall to discourage using it as a fantastic no hitbox recovery move
  • 30+ frames ending lag

Din's Fire unequivocally is the worst move in the game.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Against some characters with predictable recoveries. You can aim it easily where you know your opponent is gonna be and it'll kill the offstage. It can also bait an airdodge giving Zelda an opportunity to punish. It also can't be pocketed or reflected making it useful against characters like villager.

It can gimp many different recoveries. You can interupt Ness and Lucas' recovery when they're trying to activate Pk Thunder 2. Especially against ness, if you hit him while he's traveling, he will lose lots of distance. This also cancels out skull bash and green missile.

3/5

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
Overall it's not good. 1.5/5 2 at the most for it's uses offstage capabilities otherwise we are stripped of a move for the rest of the game.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
An advancing sourspot DF can combo into stuff at mid %s like FW & Usmash so yea 5/5 move

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Pretty much it's all been said.

I personally like to KO hitbox design. Feels really good to get a sub 100% KO near the edge. Still kind of weird that they thought it should get a size nerf in 1.0.6. :\

Unless "patch 1.1.2" or so, is like, the "Freefall removal patch" like many patches seem to have balancing "themes" then I don't think we'll ever see no Freefall Din's fire.

I'll score it 1.5/5.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Oh man.....well, here we go.

Dins is....SUPER situational, it could be used along with phantom to be defensive and stuff.
It's possible to land it where people land and hit them.
Can bait airdodges for edgeguards and kill somewhat decently.
Could counter camp villager and can't be reflected back at you...

Now here's the deal with it...
Super laggy
Predictable
Punishable
Hard to kill with
Helplessness when used in midair..

Has a TON of VERY significant flaws with LITTLE, situational uses.

1.5/5

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Something I just discovered during a match is that if you hit one of Diddy's bananas with Din's it destroys it so...that's interesting I guess

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Something I just discovered during a match is that if you hit one of Diddy's bananas with Din's it destroys it so...that's interesting I guess
I'll give it an extra 0.025 for that. 1.025/5

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Ooh, couldn't miss the move I've been waiting for. This move is uhh... Rather unconventional. It's a risky thing to just throw out in most situations because of its amazing frame data, it can't be reflected, cancels out projectiles, can bait, has decent range, poor control, will cost you the tournament if you accidentally use it offstage, sweetspot reliant for KO's, requires heavy reads to use effectively... It's a mess really.

The most effective use I've found for it: when you knock an opponent off the ledge at mid percentages, chances are they may jump back onto the stage, or go for the ledge. If they tend to jump back on with their second jump, angle your Din's Fire up just a bit in front of them and detonate it before they jump. Chances are that they'll jump into the sweetspot as the hitbox appears, and congrats. You made the move kind of useful. :yeahboi:

Sometimes I'll jump back and Din's towards them if they're getting up from the ledge to keep them away and gain distance. I'll also use it to bait where they land, or to "absorb" it and just fake out. It is a good counter camp option when used with a Phantom in front of you, but Farore's sniping is usually better to do if you time it right. The only time you'll land this move is when your opponent either screws up or is predictable. I think that this move's design had amazing potential, but the execution of it was godawful. Even in a FFA, this move isn't going to help you out much (meanwhile Brawl's was better bc more control and distance). They need to fix the lag, give it a traveling hitbox, increase active frames or blast radius, I don't know, just anything to make it remotely threatening.

Imagine if when you released Din's Fire, there would be 3 subsequent explosions all near each other that last for maybe 2.5 seconds. That would be planting an active hitbox (with probably more range) with 3 chances to sweet spot it, and be an amazing baiting tool. Now imagine a Din's Fire like what we have now, but with a traveling hitbox on the orb that takes them with the flame and into the sweet spot of the explosion. That would be amazing. Now imagine a quicker Din's Fire with Brawl range and PKT1's control, and this one's power. There are so many ways that this move could have been useful and perfectly unbalanced, but that will never happen. Also, my imagination is going a bit crazy thinking about these things (no free fall Din's with less lag is the most unrealistic option :secretkpop:), so I'll stop. Din's customs were almost useful, but still had awful execution.

I typed this all on a tablet (RIP phone), so please excuse any possible mistakes, for the words are smaller and more jumbled on here. 1.99/5, me being nice. Was this move intentionally bad, or...?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Din's Failure: 1.5/5
Absolutely awful but hey, it's a projectile and with new Phantom might actually force approaches from characters without any means to counter camp Zelda. That we have even less endlag with Phantom means there's more time for it to cover us while we use Din's.

Din's is not the worst edgeguarding technique, but many times I feel it's better to just go out there and attempt to kick your foe or use Phantom rather than sending the laggiest and most telegraphed taunt in the game.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's having trouble making this move work. No matter what I do, it is absolutely never useful to me in the slightest except for maybe edgeguarding occasionally and forcing air dodges (and honestly, I'd rather just go out and spike them or use the Phantom). This move needs a serious buff or reworking (possibly more shield damage and higher speed/better control?) for it to be viable in any format. It's far too laggy, the control sucks, and the reward is almost never worth it. Even in FFA and teams, I usually get hit before using this because it leaves Zelda wide open to attack. A few positives are that it can fill Mr. Game and Watch's bucket pretty well, in FFA it can hit opponents while they're focused on someone else, and it can set up some (crappy) landing traps, but that's about it really. It's a good move in theory with some terrible execution. At least it's not as bad as in Melee though, right? A good poke and pressure projectile would help Zelda out immensely, and Din's Fire in its current state is nowhere near what she needs.

1.5/5

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Farore's Wind! Aka salty 2% kills.

As a recovery, it goes a long distance and in many directions so that's nice, though it has a few vulnerable frames when you're grabbing the ledge. If you know your opponent will try and hit you during that time, you can not sweetspot the ledge and hit them instead.

As an attack, it kills stupidly early, even with good DI. The elevator will net you kills on midweights anywhere from 50-90% depending on DI. With a lot of rage, dtilt > jump cancelled FW is a kill combo if your opponent doesn't know how to DI right but don't count on it against someone good obv. Farore's is also Zelda's fastest OOS option so yea. You can also snipe projectile users with it. The major downsides of it though are the elevator can be DId and punished soooo hard

Ferrari's Wind gets a 3.5/5 :^)

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
The major downsides of it though are the elevator can be DId and punished soooo hard
Practice getting the right direction (& preferably on reaction) =3

Also it has one frame vulnerability, both when grabbing the ledge & just using it normally (Zelda reappears with her hurtbox on frame 40 & the hit box comes out on frames 41-42)

I should really post my comment on FW from a while ago

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
In terms of recovery, it's one of the best recoveries in the game given the distance it travels and the fact that she can't be hit during the majority of it. As an attack, it's ok. Sniping with it is basically no longer a thing since people know its a thing and its 40 frame startup is plenty of time for an opponent to shield on reaction. The elevator is still nice though it's difficult to react to DI in time. Also, an opponent that is intelligently spacing against shield is unlikely to be hit by the ribbon at all.

3.5/5 as well.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
REPOST FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE ZELDA SOCIAL

A few things I feel like Zeldas need to do with FW to progress in the meta:

1. Zeldas need to learn the whole "hold down when teleporting to overshoot the ledge" thing. Mixing it up between that, going straight to grabbing the ledge & going for the ledge without grabbing it until after the hitbox will make Zelda really hard to edgeguard (unless you're Peach who can just float Nair for days). You would not believe how many times this is helped me in matches as of late (both in tourneys & in friendlies).

2. Somewhat similar to going to the ledge without grabbing it, learn to recover without aiming for the ledge but falling into it. A lot of Melee Spacie players do this often to mix-up their recovery. Of course our recovery is laggy as all hell but the aim is to be really close to the ledge while being in a spot that slightly delays our time to grab the ledge which could potentially throw off an opponents edgeguard.

A p bad example I know but trying to take a picture is a *****.

You go for the blue arrow then you fall with the yellow arrow from the horizontal momentum from the angle you went for as opposed to always going for the red arrow all the time
Situational of course but anything to make us more slippery offstage is good =3

Also this is potentially the best way to recover against a Peach until they catch onto it. **** EOE I just want to grab the ledge damnit y du yew hav 2 b su mean to me ;_;

3. Learn from the current Melee meta which is becoming more "reaction-based option coverage" (see Plup VS Mango at CEO, Plup was techchasing Mango so hard that set he should've had it, or Leffen vs DruggedFox vs Leffen at EVO where DF got 92% JUST FROM REACTION DTHROWS) & take that approach to our Elevators. When opponents are hit by FW1, they have 3 options: DI Left, No DI & DI Right. But from those three options we have two very similar situations:

And

Note that these are just poorly drawn & estimated trajectories.

And FW has a huge ****ing hitbox like look how far away Pika's tail is from Zelda

FW works really weirdly in this game, in order to get the weird angles I think it's to do with with the timing of inputting the :GCU::GCU::GCUL:/:GCUR: angle (or 22.5 degrees either way or in between the notches of the GCC) as opposed to getting some weird raw angle. The latter you input this weird angle the less horizontal distance you cover. This however makes reacting to the DI away from FW1 far away harder because you will need to input the direction sooner than latter so you might need to get the read with that unless someone makes 40XX & then we can't know for certain.

However all the other angles should be got with reaction, we have 21 frames until we disappear & if the easy angles require 15 frames to react to, that is entirely possible since 15 frames = 0.25 seconds or 1/4th of a second which is roughly the average human reaction time. It's just reacting to the trajectory & inputting this specific angle is the hard part lol

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Ooh one of our most interesting attacks OK ,:)
As a recovery move, this is one of the safest and longest recoveries.
Travels spectacular distance and just like stated above,can be used to Aim above the ledge and fall down towards it for mix-ups.

This is a weird offensive move too.
It can KO at rediculously low percentages so its something your opponent will always keep in mind.
It's good that it can essentially combo into itself, so it can be potentially your best punisher, though DI makes it tougher.
Sometimes when punishing with it, you may need to literally know what move your opponent is going to use before they do it(referingto characters like Link or Samus who have somewhat laggy projectiles)
It could sometimes be helpful for mixing up your landings to avoid being juggled, though it's still laggy.

Overall this is a versatile move that can be extremely good, but also extremely situational
4/5
It's main purpose is for recovery on paper, but experienced people will use it for Mix-ups and to possibly get lucky and end a stock at like 30%

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Excellent move, one of the best Up Bs in the game in my opinion due to its versatility and amazing recovery. It stops projectile spam, it can end stocks extremely early, and it can also get Zelda back to neutral quicker than falling most of the time. This move gets worse as an attack the more the opponent knows the matchup and spaces properly, but that's where you have to get more creative. This move is a quick punish to an opponent on the other side of the stage, and an extremely dangerous punish to an opponent right in your face. It's also a great OOS option.

Basically, it's a great move that every opponent should respect due to its high power and applications.

4.5/5

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
The best sniping tool in the game. The only problem I have with this move is the end lag on grounded reappearances, it's rather awful against anyone remotely fast if you were trying to use it as an escape for whatever reason. It's an extremely easy punish if you screw it up, but it makes up for it with its raw killing power. As a recovery move, it's one of the best in the game aside from a few absurd ledges that may throw you off course, or keep your stuck underneath the stage if you're not careful.

My favorite thing to do with this move is to use the momentum of my second jump in the startup. You could use this to snipe from anywhere, or if you're underneath stages with large ledges as a stage spiking tool (works best on Battlefield). If someone tries to use an Uair on me from underneath, sometimes I double jump momentum Farore's to fly above their Uair and reappear where they land, but that's pretty situational. You could also use it to do an Aerielevator (which I have pulled off before surprisingly, so it's possible), or just to hit someone with the startup to secure a safe landing.

Use the salt from your enemy's tears after they get KO'd below 100% along with Paula Deen's butter to enhance the flavor of your popcorn as you continue to watch them cry. Also, watch as they do the same if you miss and get KO'd instead. :secretkpop: 4/5.

Top Bottom