• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest! Shirts are Here!! Orlando, FL - 12/18-12/20 - Melee/Brawl!

Toneh

Smash Lord
im relaxed lol, i just notice $ changes.

I have been watching (cuz ive been looking forward to this), and checked thru the thread, no one mentions it.

Its been $10 entry for the longest time. It was like.. just changed to $21.50. Thats a huge change (because theres a big $20 door fee as well).
And from $10 to $16 for doubles.
The door fee also just went from $15 to $20.
Thats pretty misleading.

The 1st page points out the original prices.

$25 was pushin it for singles but im not payin $41.50 -_- ( i was also considering doubles before)

And all it says for setups is "If you bring a set-up you will be reimbursed on sunday."
That doesnt say you have to show up on friday to drop off the setup even if you dont play.

Thats pretty important, plus a ton of gas to drop off a setup.. alot of people dont live close.
Setups are always brought the same day as a tourny.

This is the same problem as when ppl were gonna have to show up on friday just to register to play on saturday or sunday before it got fixed.

Also, looking at the schedule, if someone is a melee only player and brings a setup. They drive out on friday, drop off the setup (bad idea). Show up again on saturday to play. Then they are forced to drive back out a 3rd time on sunday when brawl ends just to pick it up, even if they live far or may not have housing. How does that save $ on a door fee? plus its pretty inconvenient

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Radix, take it easy. Its a national tournament the fees are higher. and no it doesn not include the door fee. If you have been keeping up with the thread you would have seen those changes. Im sorry but we need to do online registration so we can pay for the venue. If you bring your set-up, you will be reimbursed on SUNDAY.. u must keep the set0up there all three days or u will not receive your discount. Sorry but we need the set-ups all three days.

I thought the door fee was to pay for the venue?

And i kinda understand where radix is coming from. He's not tryn go get on ur case, but I've been keepin up with this thread since it was made and everytime i check this the prices seem to go higher and higher.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Do i even need to say anything lol. You guys better do this good perfect and right. Or your first impression is gonna be epic fail like other tournaments.....

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Prices sooooo steeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Ah, I'll probably do Tekken 6 instead (10 dollas woot.)

Curaga

Smash Ace
RXgaming will not be attending this event. =/

I had mentioned it earlier that we were considering but the costs and drama are a bit too much for the potential gain.

So sorry to the people that were looking forward to that footage from us; you'll have to rely on someone else.

Sucks because we were looking forward to the smexy videos and content that we'd create here.

Good luck to our friends who are entering/attending though..

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
RXgaming will not be attending this event. =/

I had mentioned it earlier that we were considering but the costs and drama are a bit too much for the potential gain.

So sorry to the people that were looking forward to that footage from us; you'll have to rely on someone else.

Sucks because we were looking forward to the smexy videos and content that we'd create here.

Good luck to our friends who are entering/attending though..

- uuaa

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
i Thought The Door Fee Was To Pay For The Venue?

And I Kinda Understand Where Radix Is Coming From. He's Not Tryn Go Get On Ur Case, But I've Been Keepin Up With This Thread Since It Was Made And Everytime I Check This The Prices Seem To Go Higher And Higher.
The Prices Are Set And They Are Final. We Didnt Expect FOR The Event To Be Sooo Big, We Had To Get A Larger Venue. The Money You Are Paying Now Is Being Used To Pay The Venue, When We Receive The Door Fees, That Money We Took From Everyone Pre Registering Will Be Put Right Bak Into The Pot. we Have This Under Control, Everyone.... Take It Easy, Please... I Love You All And I Promise You Will Love This Tourney!!!! :)

vericz

Smash Champion
you really need to calm down about prices. Understand you are paying for an event that will come probably once a year in Florida. At least you dont have to pay for a flight or hotel. I dont see how $55 for a NATIONAL tournament really bothers you. This isnt a house tournament, this isnt a local lan center tournament. . .

ITS A NATIONAL TOURNAMENT WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING MORE THAN YOU!!!!!

(Not to you HBOX LOL)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
you really need to calm down about prices. Understand you are paying for an event that will come probably once a year in Florida. At least you dont have to pay for a flight or hotel. I dont see how $55 for a NATIONAL tournament really bothers you. This isnt a house tournament, this isnt a local lan center tournament. . .

ITS A NATIONAL TOURNAMENT WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING MORE THAN YOU!!!!!

(Not to you HBOX LOL)
Lol i was gonna snap at you till i read the last part :laugh:

-!-

Smash Lord
I dont care much for the prices, they can go up or down.... but I'll just wait a couple days before the deadline to register :)

never been to a National tourney so having one at home will safe a looong asss trippp O_o

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Any CHARACTER mm my pikachu 5-10$?

Any character (besides falco) MM my samus (melee) 5-10$?
Any falcos wanna MM my samus (melee) 1-5$?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So basically...people are complaining when FAST was more expensive...and the attendance was smaller...and everything was equal (in terms of who is running it)

(FAST1)

$30 for singles
$25 for doubles ($50 a team)
IDK the door fee...10-15 probably

(Winterfest)
$21.50 for singles
$16.36 for doubles (32.72 per team)
$20 door fee

So...yeah? W'hats the problem again?

Florida Gaming, if it is possible, you should make a package for people that want to play all 4 games to make it a little more fair. I mean, combined its only 75.72 (not including door fee, which is basically the same as the FAST package) but let them pay 70 if you can. Not saying its necessary, but it would be nice for those people.

WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING IF FAST WAS MORE EXPENSIVE? THEY ARE BOTH NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS AND THE BRAWL SCENE HAS INCREASED SO ACTUALLY MORE OOS'ERS AND TOP LEVEL PLAYERS ARE COMING!!!

Also, i don't think you people notice that THE REASON IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE IS BECAUSE THE VENUE WAS SWITCHED TO A BIGGER ONE! THEY NEED THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE VENUE, AND LEFTOVERS ARE GOING BACK INTO THE ****ING POT! ITS GONNA COME RIGHT BACK TO US (or the people that win at least) IF YOU WON'T WIN, NO JOHNS AND GET BETTER AND DON'T ***** ABOUT A NATIONAL TOURNAMENT WITH NATIONALLY RANKED PEOPLE

Somebody look up other nationals and see their price ranges.

Also, somebody answer shaky. I wanna know if i have to pay more for registering at the door.
Reposting just in case people are *****ing here too.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Attention:

If anyone from Orlando/FL wants to go to ROM2, please contact me.

My stepdad has a free ONE-WAY ticket from Southwest Airlines; so basically you can get a round trip ticket for HALF PRICE. Since its his ticket he chose the flight, according which one is the cheapest and which one is closest to my flight, so me and "said FL person" can meet up at the airport (LGA)/

In other, simpler words, give me $100 and I can GUARANTEE you a ROUND TRIP from ORLANDO (MCO) to NEW YORK (LGA).

The dillemma is, as I have currently stated, that I have to choose someone. One person from all of Florida (since my brother, who was originally going to go with me, has a test on that weekend and can't go), I have to choose to go with me. Basically they would pay $100 and take a slightly earlier flight, arrive at LGA and wait ~1 hour for me there. Then we would meet up, and get picked up/housed by Dj Nintendo/Lambchops.

So here's the solution: I HATE picking people. Which is why whoever has the $100 (which is an incredible round trip deal) has a higher chance of going (I don't want my stepdad to give any more money than what he already gave with a FREE FLIGHT)

People have said I should take certain people, namely a top player or Frames (who I was originnally planning to go with), but like I said I hate picking. I will see who has the money, and decide from there.

I NEED TO BOOK THE FLIGHT (ONCE I HAVE A CONFIMED FL PLAYER W/ THE $100) IN A FEW DAYS OR ELSE THE DEAL BECOMES VOID!! CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!!

- :D

Top Bottom