• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest! Shirts are Here!! Orlando, FL - 12/18-12/20 - Melee/Brawl!

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
There are some important updates that everyone MUST READ!!! check the official tournament listings thread to find out whats the new news!!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think there are some people from connecticut going, you can try to hitch a ride with them if their car isn't full. Ask So Fatal

-!-

Smash Lord
wait... so you have to register,again, to participate???? last I read it was gonna be at the door...

I'm checking out the site but i cant really register...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
wait... so you have to register,again, to participate???? last I read it was gonna be at the door...

I'm checking out the site but i cant really register...
I tried to register, and it says it hasn't started yet. GG.

Toneh

Smash Lord
that might mess up alot of people switching back and forth with having to pay at door and pre-registering required. For a long time its been set up as registering at the door was fine.
You can say that pre-registering will save the tourny time, or have it be slightly cheaper then paying at the door.

http://winterfest2009.eventbrite.com/

so wait, why is it $21.49 to register when its supposed to be $10 for singles.

Brawl doubles is also $16.36 instead of $10 entry.

People were not late on registering since registration just went up, so how are the fee's higher?

Im guessing you included door fee?
If this is the case, it means if you enter brawl singles and doubles your paying $17.85 ($11.49 + 6.36) for door fee? bit higher then $15. (probably from the website fee, aren't there places that do it with no fee)

Someone who enters Brawl singles/doubs and enters Melee singles/doubs is paying $35.70 ($17.85 x 2 ) door fee.
So those ppl have to pay double the door fee?
There should be a final group price which includes all smash events to consider this.
I dont see it on the list.

Plus how does it work with people bringing setups to reduce the door fee.

Door registration sounded like a better idea..

nevershootme

Smash Master
the additional fees listed is due to the site (eventbrite) wanting to enforce that fee to sustain their e-business. it's typical......................................................... and may wanna double check the fees online correlating to the 1st post :)

what about using google checkout or paypal in a donation form as a way that you don't have to work with additional random fees and you can get the money evenly

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
that might mess up alot of people switching back and forth with having to pay at door and pre-registering required. For a long time its been set up as registering at the door was fine.
You can say that pre-registering will save the tourny time, or have it be slightly cheaper then paying at the door.

http://winterfest2009.eventbrite.com/

so wait, why is it $21.49 to register when its supposed to be $10 for singles.

Brawl doubles is also $16.36 instead of $10 entry.

People were not late on registering since registration just went up, so how are the fee's higher?

Im guessing you included door fee?
If this is the case, it means if you enter brawl singles and doubles your paying $17.85 ($11.49 + 6.36) for door fee? bit higher then $15. (probably from the website fee, aren't there places that do it with no fee)

Someone who enters Brawl singles/doubs and enters Melee singles/doubs is paying $35.70 ($17.85 x 2 ) door fee.
So those ppl have to pay double the door fee?
There should be a final group price which includes all smash events to consider this.
I dont see it on the list.

Plus how does it work with people bringing setups to reduce the door fee.

Door registration sounded like a better idea..

Radix, take it easy. Its a national tournament the fees are higher. and no it doesn not include the door fee. If you have been keeping up with the thread you would have seen those changes. Im sorry but we need to do online registration so we can pay for the venue. If you bring your set-up, you will be reimbursed on SUNDAY.. u must keep the set0up there all three days or u will not receive your discount. Sorry but we need the set-ups all three days.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
the additional fees listed is due to the site (eventbrite) wanting to enforce that fee to sustain their e-business. it's typical......................................................... and may wanna double check the fees online correlating to the 1st post :)

what about using google checkout or paypal in a donation form as a way that you don't have to work with additional random fees and you can get the money evenly
If we use google checkout or paypal, we absorb the fees which leaves us with less money to pay the venue, roughly $200. Sorry again guys but we are trying here. Work with us. EVERY DOLLAR YOU PAY WILL BE WORTH IT! I PROMISE!

Top Bottom