• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Mamelo, quiero su cabeza.

Who beat gnes other than ESAM? I'm not surprised at the results at all, I knew what would happen to ally and m2k would just plow through everyone else knowing how cnsistent he is other than vs ally and diddy kongs. Good stuff anyone gnes. FL must teach me the ways of snake, plz plzp lz!
he lost to m2k 2-1 and razer 2-0

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Good games to everyone I won and lost against. It was a good tournament to me. Hope everyone enjoyed playing my Peach. Co18 hopefully next time I won't air dodge to death. Lol and it was good seeing m2k again. Eating all my candy and screaming daisy out the window lol. And it was nice meeting Ally, listening to action b all night.

swordgard

Smash Hero
ur dumb

dnwuqhufgewrn
Ahah, no but seriously, if your playing him by preference thats your choice. If you play em because you believe the matchup is impossible, that I do not agree with. The guy above implied it was because they had too many hard matchups.

lain

Smash Master
also, people seem to be talking smack about my DDD.

FYI, I've beaten ally in a couple tourney sets with DDD. Almost beat him a 3rd set too in Grand finals at Canada.

Seibrik showed me **** at the matchup too, FL is ****ing lightyears ahead at the snake/ddd matchup. My DDD is def. top 4 (CO18, me, atomsk, seibrik)

OverLade

Smash Hero
For anyone who cares what happened to me in the brackets...here's what happened.

Originally I was going to play Lee Martin first round and Dphat was going to fight against HRNUT. However, Dphat had played HRNUT several times, in pools, in friendlies, and in a MM and felt that this was unfair. So he asked the bracket to be changed.

So they switched me and Lee and I played Dphat first round. I JV 2 stocked him in MK dittos first round on SV. Then him and Lee said the match was never supposed to happen and that I was actually supposed to play against Lee, not Dphat. Im cool with everyone from Texas, so I was like W/e, but It a lil pissed off because I had already beaten him first round and then they changed the bracket. Anyway that was spilled milk and didn't really bother me.

I played Lee martin in MK dittos first round and JV 2 stocked his first round on FD. He went Lucario and beat me 1 stock high percent. I went frigate and was getting ***** on my last stock before I realized that my Utilt beat is Dair, which I was getting ***** by the whole set. I made a slight comeback but still lost, which really upset me.

If I was being smart I would've gone snake second round because I didn't know anything about the matchup as MK.

Anyway I lost, and moved on. I had to played GDX and losers. First round I 2 stocked him on BF. He then went Smashville and beat me. By this point I was extremely upset TBH. I should've just gone snake 2nd round like I did last time. But I wanted to beat him with my MK. I think took him to Delphino and lost. Diddy seemed to have no real trouble camping there. I should've gone to frigate or Yoshis island, but even then I shoulda just gone snake 2nd round cuz I would've won.

So Yeah, I lost to Lee martin and GDX. If I had beaten GDX I probably would've beaten Mero, and gone on to play Ally. I went about even with him in friendlies, but dun matter because I never got a chance to play him in tourney.

Anyway, all I want to say is dont sleep on me because of one tournament. Im inexperienced in a lot of matchups, but in any matchup I know I can take on any top player in the nation.

Im really upset, sure but it was bad judgement and inexperience why this happened. Good **** Texas, you guys are mad legit and mad chill. And next time me and HRNUT are teaming and wrecking doubles.

I'll do more rage/shoutouts later.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
@ Ally, The thing is with Maining MK to cover your bad match up has a flawbecause even if you do get good with him and master the d3 match up. Co18 is the only guy your going to beat lol HE's the ONLY d3 that goes ALLL d3 in tourney. With Picking up MK for D3 comes learning the meta ditto which your already good at from what i've seen and The ice climbers match up. Because Every dedede in tourney that ive seen either switches MK or ICs 2nd round. Maybe even first instead of using D3 in the first place.

Laem

Smash Champion
also, people seem to be talking smack about my DDD.

FYI, I've beaten ally in a couple tourney sets with DDD. Almost beat him a 3rd set too in Grand finals at Canada.

Seibrik showed me **** at the matchup too, FL is ****ing lightyears ahead at the snake/ddd matchup. My DDD is def. top 4 (CO18, me, atomsk, seibrik)
all dis ***** do is grab

Anth0ny

Smash Master
This is Ally:

I can beat CO18, he's though but not invincible, I WAS ACTUALLY going to win the match, but instead of rolling (Prob some gay *** buffing that I uno how it works) instead of doing what i wanted (roll U tilt for the set win) I just stood there and upsmashed and I ate a big *** Hammer. it's okay this game is getting frustrating with all the bull**** gimping. I'm no longer a true Snake mainer, I'm seriously putting time into Diddy/MK now. **** this game.
Ally's gonna become the mango of Brawl....running shit with 3 characters :laugh:

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
I just woke up and I really don't wanna look through 80 page of smashboards shenanigans, Ally won, M2K took second, amirite?

And.....that's too bad halzy :(

-Ran

Smash Master
1: M2k(meta)
2: Seibrik(meta/ddd)
3: Co18(ddd)
4: Ultimate Razer(snake)
5: Lee (meta/lucario)
5: Gnes(diddy)
7: Ally(snake)
7: HRNut(snake)
9: NickRiddle(zs)
13: Shaky(ness)
17: RedHalbert(meta)
17: Dphat(mk)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Snake is not second best in the game.
Because of ONE bad match up? That's ridiculous. Razer and Ally be wrecking *****s left and right with the exception of a DDD in ONE tournament. I think Diddy is just solidifying his position as 3rd best.

-Ran

Smash Master
Snake has many match ups where if he gets a stock behind the dynamics change drastically. Match up threads were designed to look only at a stance of each character being on the same stock, and thus it was assumed that characters would have to approach Snake eventually to get a kill. What was the saying? Camp + F-Tilts + Nades. However, if they are up a stock, Snake is left with having to approach. With very little air game, he's left with his tilts that are rather well known at this point.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
Because of ONE bad match up? That's ridiculous. Razer and Ally be wrecking *****s left and right with the exception of a DDD in ONE tournament. I think Diddy is just solidifying his position as 3rd best.
No Snake has a couple of bad match ups and Seibrik beat him using MK and Razer too using MK, a match up Ally knows luke the back of his hand. Ally has posted on AIB Mk beats Snake. The bad match ups are MK, D3 Probably Marth. And then there are alot of "EVEN" match ups that are a pain in the butt.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
Olly is pretty bad for snake
Yea he's one of the many match ups that are a pain in the butt. Its even tho. But a pain in the freaikin butt. Too many inexperienced Snake players they think oli beats snake cause they get like 70 damage in like 3 second from one grab lol but na once you learn the match up things on the snake boards become easier and you see its even and they explain why it is... Still a pain the *** tho! There are other match up that are surprisingly hard for snake too

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i would of like to have seen some falcos on the top results
I'm assuming that the Meta Knight and Snakes that are on those results beat the Falcos whoever they were.
King Dedede and Snake is an Even matchup, not a bad matchup...it's just that the King Dededes have their intelligence going for them in the matchup.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming that the Meta Knight and Snakes that are on those results beat the Falcos whoever they were.

King Dedede and Snake is an Even matchup, not a bad matchup...it's just that the King Dededes have their intelligence going for them in the matchup.
PSSSSSH, Snake vs Dedede is not even.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Aww man, Nick was just a match away from top 8 at a national tourney. That would've been a nice bump in ZSS's tourney results... And Ally took 7th, who did he use (asking in case he didn't use MK at the tourney)?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
For anyone who cares what happened to me in the brackets...here's what happened.

Originally I was going to play Lee Martin first round and Dphat was going to fight against HRNUT. However, Dphat had played HRNUT several times, in pools, in friendlies, and in a MM and felt that this was unfair. So he asked the bracket to be changed.

So they switched me and Lee and I played Dphat first round. I JV 2 stocked him in MK dittos first round on SV. Then him and Lee said the match was never supposed to happen and that I was actually supposed to play against Lee, not Dphat. Im cool with everyone from Texas, so I was like W/e, but It a lil pissed off because I had already beaten him first round and then they changed the bracket. Anyway that was spilled milk and didn't really bother me.

I played Lee martin in MK dittos first round and JV 2 stocked his first round on FD. He went Lucario and beat me 1 stock high percent. I went frigate and was getting ***** on my last stock before I realized that my Utilt beat is Dair, which I was getting ***** by the whole set. I made a slight comeback but still lost, which really upset me.

If I was being smart I would've gone snake second round because I didn't know anything about the matchup as MK.

Anyway I lost, and moved on. I had to played GDX and losers. First round I 2 stocked him on BF. He then went Smashville and beat me. By this point I was extremely upset TBH. I should've just gone snake 2nd round like I did last time. But I wanted to beat him with my MK. I think took him to Delphino and lost. Diddy seemed to have no real trouble camping there. I should've gone to frigate or Yoshis island, but even then I shoulda just gone snake 2nd round cuz I would've won.

So Yeah, I lost to Lee martin and GDX. If I had beaten GDX I probably would've beaten Mero, and gone on to play Ally. I went about even with him in friendlies, but dun matter because I never got a chance to play him in tourney.

Anyway, all I want to say is dont sleep on me because of one tournament. Im inexperienced in a lot of matchups, but in any matchup I know I can take on any top player in the nation.

Im really upset, sure but it was bad judgement and inexperience why this happened. Good **** Texas, you guys are mad legit and mad chill. And next time me and HRNUT are teaming and wrecking doubles.

I'll do more rage/shoutouts later.

Stop being so bad at matchups that aren't MK dittos, noob.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Falco's didn't do well this tournament because I, being the main Falco mainer, didn't go because of my moving away for the past 1.5 years. I don't have the practice enough and matchup knowledge to drive and waste $100 on a tournament like this. Also 2 of the other top Falco mainer's in FL (Xaltis and Underground) are too young to drive and had no way of getting to this.

It'll all change soon though. I'm moving in with Seibrik mainly because school dropped my classes around my house forcing the move.

Good **** to Mango, M2K, Seibrik, and HungryBox for the 1sts and 2nds in Singles for Melee and Brawl.

And to all of the **** before...I don't ever remember doubles matches being used for any Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom