• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
People will argue that going under the stage is always for recovery, even when they're trying to stall with it, i.e. "I can't get back on the stage when I'm holding the ledge, so I need to go under."
That's not recovery. Once you touch a ledge, you're done recovering.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Its completely obvious when It's being used for recovery or for stalling.

And yes Red, we will keep playing. Got to pay those bills amirite?
Problem is that it's subjective for the person watching. At what point does it turn from recovery into stalling. If the other person just keeps waiting on the ledge for someone to come over and lets them grab the ledge so they upB to the other ledge, does it turn into stalling or is it still recovery?(yeah, I know that was a long sentence.)

Just because someone grabs the ledge doesn't mean they've completely recovered. Getting off the ledge for some characters is extremely difficult against others almost to the point where they have to jump off and keep grabbing until they see an opening.

gnes, that's why I work at Publix XD.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So if you touch the ledge and your opponent hits you out, are you not recovering anymore?

Esca

Smash Champion
Wow, you guys are ****ING ********.

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME, DONT PLAY IT.

There's no need to make dumb ****ing rules like that. "5 understage passes please." Like what the **** kind of rule is that in a fighting game.

Halo -- Absolutely NO plasma grenades. Any plasma grenades will result in 2 kills being taken.

SFIV -- Please only 7 Hodukens per match. After this 10% of your life bar will be taken.

Melee -- Falco is only limited to 2 pillars. Any pillar after two will result in a stock taken.

Blazblue -- Only 1 12 hit combo with Jin per match. After that you forfeit your match.

Can we put these rules up please.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
If you touch the ledge and your opponent hits you out, you're recovering again...that's pretty obvious. I don't know why people are trying to make this difficult -,-

Esca

Smash Champion
It's not that people are trying to make it difficult. They're ****ing with you for actually supporting this dumb *** rule/game.

+ Gnes makes m2k run away. 2 times. GG autism.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Its completely obvious when It's being used for recovery or for stalling.

And yes Red, we will keep playing. Got to pay those bills amirite?
^this

**** we don't even need a new rule/limit. If they think you're stalling, DQ. too easy

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
When all of you figure out it's not that easy to figure out the difference between stalling and recovery, don't come crying back to me.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hey guys look what Esca sent me:

Okay, you're probably around 18 or 19. In the Melee scene. Brawl came out and you sucked. I get it.

Please shut the **** up with your dumb *** bashing. Nobody gives 1 **** about you or anything you stand for. Your views are obviously biased and there's NO need for you to be such a douchebag everytime Brawl results are posted somewhere. Do not message me back. Dumb ****.
LOL

Do some research before you call people out. I used to be on FL PR's with KIRBY and easily had the 2nd best Kirby tourney placings after Chudat. GTFO.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
A simple solution to using the ledge would be that once you grab the ledge, your forced to do a ledge option ie. ledge attack, ledge jump, stand up, or roll onto the stage.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Who cares about melee. I'd much rather try to out camp in Brawl someone than out gimp them in Melee.

I'm pretty sure Sheik and Jiggs have perma-invulnerability on the ledge in Melee if someone is frame perfect with it. As well as there being the Peach bomber stall. I'm not saying Melee is worse than Brawl, even though I think it is. I don't claim my opinion to be fact. There are problems with Melee just as there are problems with Brawl. Neither one is a perfect game. A game being a "perfect" game is subjective anyways.

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
I have the gnes vs m2k matches. One of them is kind of messed up but, I'm about to upload them today. Everyone should see this. Honestly, Gnes is legit as heck and much props to you bro. I would have gotten ***** by you considering I don't know how to fight diddy either. Does anybody really???

PS. Walnut (A mario main in a metaknight world)

CO18

Smash Hero
Pshhh Gnes, 2nd best team in the world. You barely barely beat me and my unranked partner and would've lost had he not wanted me to try wario. Its ok though keep improving. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
all i know is that, as soon as I see JUST ONE vid on youtube, of m2k vs IC/Diddy player, and m2k starts stalling and the game is just paused and soft reset like 4 minutes in, with the description being, (Insert TOs name here) DQ'd m2k and awarded the game/set to the opponent, people will probably never do it again.

People continue to push the envelop because nothing is being done about it. When somebody finally gets over the "everyone is gonna hate me for giving m2k 13th place by way of DQ" mentality, stuff will improve immensely

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
A simple solution to using the ledge would be that once you grab the ledge, your forced to do a ledge option ie. ledge attack, ledge jump, stand up, or roll onto the stage.

you do realise that Marth and Ikes f smashes cover all of those options right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CO18 you are alright in teams. Me and Dphat had fun playing you guys in teams at Genesis (you and Lain).

Da Kid: You can time a get up attack/roll/option from the edge to be safe from those moves right? Those moves are slower than human reaction. Now, Dtilts from characters might be scary, or MK hovering over the edge with SH Nair or waiting to Dair you or whatever, but that's a different story.

CO18

Smash Hero
CO18 you are alright in teams. Me and Dphat had fun playing you guys in teams at Genesis (you and Lain).
Naw im good, not amazing. It was just the point I was tryna make lol. And all you nigz did was plank and aircamp anyway. Nothin for me to do with d3 lmfao.

Also shouldnt esca owe me like 60$$$ rofl.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
C018 dawg I gave you props there, you don't have to john dawg. You guys still got like 13th/17th at Genesis, nothing to sneeze at.

I don't know if you are amazing in that area, but you are clearly very good at it.

M2K IS A SCROOGE! FLARBLE GARBLE GARBLE!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
DMG, the guy that i quoted said limit it to only ledge options, marths and ikes smashes i think have enough range and arc to hit a ledge jump, still hit a ledge roll, and a ledge standup, and out space most ledge attacks, and still hit you if you decide to just hang on the ledge.

but thats all beside the point, the point was that the rule that was proposed in that quote was really really dumb. that we can agree on.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

There's no need to make dumb ****ing rules like that. "5 understage passes please." Like what the **** kind of rule is that in a fighting game.

Halo -- Absolutely NO plasma grenades. Any plasma grenades will result in 2 kills being taken.
Everyone in Halo is the same figure with the same options with weapons. It's like banning all but one character in tournaments

SFIV -- Please only 7 Hodukens per match. After this 10% of your life bar will be taken.
Hadokens don't stall a match to where it's unplayable. Don't compare stupid ****

Melee -- Falco is only limited to 2 pillars. Any pillar after two will result in a stock taken.
Same for my SFIV comment. Melee has stuff like Peach Bomber that they have banned.

Blazblue -- Only 1 12 hit combo with Jin per match. After that you forfeit your match.
How are you comparing someone who's good enough to do a combo with stalling? In fact, this is actually the opposite of stalling.

Comments in Bold.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Who cares about melee. I'd much rather try to out camp in Brawl someone than out gimp them in Melee.

I'm pretty sure Sheik and Jiggs have perma-invulnerability on the ledge in Melee if someone is frame perfect with it. As well as there being the Peach bomber stall. I'm not saying Melee is worse than Brawl, even though I think it is. I don't claim my opinion to be fact. There are problems with Melee just as there are problems with Brawl. Neither one is a perfect game. A game being a "perfect" game is subjective anyways.
Tommy G, shut the **** up. Out gimping? lolol the only characters that can gimp effectively in melee Marth, Sheik, Puff, and Fox to a much lesser extent. And no one can perform edge stalls in melee because it's hard as ****, Peach bombing and the rising puff stalls are both banned in melee, but they're not nearly as broken as scrooging is. Please, PLEASE stfu. and BTW SheerMadness is a 64 player.

Gnes

Smash Master
Pshhh Gnes, 2nd best team in the world. You barely barely beat me and my unranked partner and would've lost had he not wanted me to try wario. Its ok though keep improving. :)
Take m2k and ally to game 5 then we will talk. But seriously u and mk18 were legit, just wish razer didn't suicide game 1. You can ask anyone, After match the match i said if you had a better wario we would have loss.

Razer sucks against D3 in teams :(. Double wario on brinstar=too good

Also, Wyatt, I loss to razer because i didn't play the matchup right. Idk why, just wasn't feeling it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
all i know is that, as soon as I see JUST ONE vid on youtube, of m2k vs IC/Diddy player, and m2k starts stalling and the game is just paused and soft reset like 4 minutes in, with the description being, (Insert TOs name here) DQ'd m2k and awarded the game/set to the opponent, people will probably never do it again.

People continue to push the envelop because nothing is being done about it. When somebody finally gets over the "everyone is gonna hate me for giving m2k 13th place by way of DQ" mentality, stuff will improve immensely
if he comes to ohio one more time and he does this to us it's done lol

CO18

Smash Hero
Take m2k and ally to game 5 then we will talk. But seriously u and mk18 were legit, just wish razer didn't suicide game 1. You can ask anyone, After match the match i said if you had a better wario we would have loss.

Also, Wyatt, I loss to razer because i didn't play the matchup right. Idk why, just wasn't feeling it.
Ill be honest, u def were the strong point of the team lol. Razer isnt as good in dubz imo or maybe it was just the set. Even mk18 wanted me to take u so he could play razer cuz he felt like he was pretty easy.

hunger!

Smash Champion

me and anti took m2k/ally to game 5 first time we ever teamed.

Good SHIIIIT to co18 reppin' d3. that's my *****.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

people sure are dumb.

thanks for pointing out what needed to be pointed out, tommy g.

also thanks 2 chaddd also.
where is results thread? i want to shout outs!

CO18

Smash Hero
Nick Riddle and Shaky also took M2k and Ally to last hit.

Also Forced Dphat and Lee to abandon their planking mk+ overpowered lucario strat and go double mk and took them to 3rd game. And it was mad close. Lee had some nice gimps though.

Gnes

Smash Master
Nick Riddle and Shaky were too good. Weird *** teams ftw...

And razer did his part vs ally m2k thats all i ask. Hunger you going to viridian city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom