• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Having to come on Friday to just play Brawl on Sunday is kind of a pain in the ***.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I made sure everyone returns for all three days, thats why brawl and melee are spread throughout the weekend. Sorry guys, just business.

PB&J

Smash Hero
it really doenst matter because ill be watching other games doing interviews and selling the winterfest shirts so any schedule is fine with me

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
GPX Gaming has been added to assist in other aspects of Florida Gaming VSA, particularly Halo and Call of Duty games. We are excited to see you all in the next few weeks!

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
it really doenst matter because ill be watching other games doing interviews and selling the winterfest shirts so any schedule is fine with me
PB&J before you go and print shirts and spend money, I am sorry to tell you that you cannot sell Winterfest shirts at the event :( I appreciate your entrepreneurism but we cannot allow that because we will be selling the official Winterfest Shirts and the Official VSA shirts. But you may do interviews if you would like :)

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I made sure everyone returns for all three days, thats why brawl and melee are spread throughout the weekend. Sorry guys, just business.
That's really terrible and will probably lead to you LOSING business. I'm considering not going now, since spending 3 nights of hotel money for one day of tourney is just, well, stupid. Make brawl start Saturday, or just allow registration on Sunday, either would be fine. Registration on Sunday would actually be the best, probably. Fly down Saturday, have the rest of the day/night for friendlies, catch a red eye back overnight Sunday.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I love how friday is mainly for crews, should have been Brawl. Wow this is gonna suck for Brawl player only, they have to waste extra money register friday than bore themselves out till sunday to play their games ahahaha genius. Are hotels free or do you also need to pay 1 for 3 days lmaooooo.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
OH MY GOD A HOTEL TOURNAMENT

*MUST....COME*

M2K OR ALLY TEAM WITH ME SO I CAN COME LOl

PB&J

Smash Hero
frames told me i can make the winterfest shirts.plus i have my own company..u should go through us..since we are doing the rom 2 shirts and pound 4 shirts also

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't think you guys realize that REGARDLESS of when brawl or melee is, one of the groups is gonna have to wait a day. Or they could do crews on friday, doubles on saturday, and singles on sunday. But that would be weird. *shrugs* i'm not running it.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I say you do one groups full tourny one day, with the other groups crews that day, then switch it the next day.

PS.

Team

RedBrickBird is ****** this thingggg

Toneh

Smash Lord
thats horrible, ppl shouldn't be forced to drive out 2 or 3 times over the weekend if they only play 1 game.
Alot of people live 30 min to an hour away and are not stayin in hotels.
Thats alot of gas $ back and forth.
And OOS'ers may not come if they are being forced to pay extra housing $.
Its only hurting business.

Not a good start at hosting this.

plus brawl maps havent been updated yet

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

blue
should be off

Frames

DI
guys relax the schedule is gonna have a major overhaul along with the rules

also pbnj im gonna talk and see wat we can come up with

ch33s3

Smash Lord
guys relax the schedule is gonna have a major overhaul along with the rules

also pbnj im gonna talk and see wat we can come up with
Get it sorted out soon, flying is more expensive the longer you have to wait to book it.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I guess you guys are right, if you guys want to do brawl, on Saturday and hold melee to the next, thats fine. Whatever makes you guys happy, but remember, we cant please everyone. Sorry.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
frames told me i can make the winterfest shirts.plus i have my own company..u should go through us..since we are doing the rom 2 shirts and pound 4 shirts also
PB&J call me to speak about printing shirts. 407 770 7393

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
from a post i made back in August:

is there gonna be enough time for everything? May i suggest these times also:

1. Doing all pools for all games on saturday, then doing all brackets on sunday
2. Using Friday for doubles pools for both, saturday for doubles bracket/singles pools, and sunday for singles bracket/crews

i personally like the 2nd one. because while crews are cool, you dont really want to jeopardize the completion of the tourney on time because of it.
those were my two suggestions for the schedule. whoever is making the schedule put those on "the list" from which you'll be deciding :laugh:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I completely agree with GDX's proposal. People are gonna be *****ing either way if one of the games takes precedent. You should do both games on both days. Like on friday do doubles pools, on saturday do doubles bracket and singles pools, on sunday do singles brackets.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
To everyone: We will be taking suggestions and be composing a completey new schedule very soon! Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom