• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wingdashing (11 Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol yea it was but I got it. I have learned it without it but if tap jump works go for it. I have added this to the OP troubleshooting.

rinoH

Smash Lord
it makes it much harder to arrow loop with tap jump on but it is easier to wingdash but the question is which one do you use more imo arrow loop

Rebel581

Smash Champion
it makes it much harder to arrow loop with tap jump on but it is easier to wingdash but the question is which one do you use more imo arrow loop
Suggestion? Stop sucking. Turn tap jump off. It ruins Pit. Just get faster fingers. If it's really hard, position your fingers so that they're over Y and easily switched to B by just sliding. That's what I'm doing with Marth to compensate for not having tap jump, and not being able to running up-b.

Pit's wingdashing isn't even hard to do >_> Took less than 5 minutes to learn it.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I just set R to special. I Dont really use it normally considering I use L to shield and air dodge. I find this much easier.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well, you can preform a Glide from a single jump if you have Tap-to-Jump on. Just throwing that out there.

And come on Rebel, be nice. Telling someone to "Stop Sucking" is rather harsh. v_v

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think that Pit should not be played with Jump tap turned on. It destroys most of his game, especially the arrows. I think it is easier to learn wingdashing with jump tap turned off than it is arrow looping with minimal joystick movement. Even though jump tap helps with wingdashing, I would not recommend it. Sagemoons setup is nice. There is another setup under the Troubleshooting section. Look at that. If there are any more tips to help, feel free to post so I can add it to the section

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Tap jumping with pit isnt really serious imo. With arrow looping the only reason you jump is because think about it. Your tapping jump which isnt necessary n if you wanna up tilt than learn to control your hands its called tilt for a reason. You just tilt..... Action is in the name you need interpersonal skills one 8 intelligences or blooms taxonomy idk idc...

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Well, you can preform a Glide from a single jump if you have Tap-to-Jump on. Just throwing that out there.

And come on Rebel, be nice. Telling someone to "Stop Sucking" is rather harsh. v_v
Come on >_> It's the internet. I'm aware it's harsh, but at least I gave advice. Fine, I'll play nice in the Pit forum. The people here at least aren't condescending *******es.

Either way, you can glide from a single jump with tap jump on? I never knew that. I still don't like tap jump on Pit, and I wish for a way to do that without tap jump.

And tap jump is incredibly serious when it's near impossible to control those arrows by tilting. Almost all of the good players tilt to do tilts. We can do them with or without tap jump (although it is harder in this game compared to Melee). It can potentially mess up your jump count with Pit though. Considering it's very important to know for gliding purposes, and arrow control is harder or results in undesired spacing problems, tap jump off is severely easier.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Could a tribulation be that I still fail to see the importance of using this, after using it, watching it being used, and having it used against me?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah, if you don't see it by now there's no need to put yourself through the trouble of a tribulation. =P

kown

Smash Lord
coreygames coming from another pit player you should use wingdashing. sometimes you gotta take a leap of faith.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I personally don't utilize the technique as much as some others do. Mainly because in my routine practice session I have to deal with a Zair that really can't be outspaced with the WingDash.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yeah... it's the closest thing to Melee Samus that I liked. I tried Snake for a while, but it just wasn't my thing.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
pit is called roy and melee samus now lol. I wasn't into melee but can you tell me how I can see samus but do you know why ive heard roy

Corigames

Smash Hero
Absolutely not... I could see Y Link, but not Roy. Roy and Samus would be... Snake maybe. Powerful, not so fast, and has good projectiles.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I need to learn the timing on the Angel Ring Tech :(
I can't seem to do it consistently, especially out of short hop.

kupo15

Smash Hero
What do you mean. Please elaborate with specifics for me to help :). even the pointless stuff you deleted two mins ago

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
HTML anchors dont work, I diddn't think they did but I tried. this is the idea for you. But as you can see it dont work.

[jump="s1"]Section1[/jump]
HTML:
<a href="#section2">Section2</a>
<a href="#section3">Section3</a>

[anchor="s1"]Section 1[/anchor]
sfdkasjfdlskjf;l
asfsafd

<a name="section2">Section 2</a>
s
fasfsa

asdfasdfasfd

<a name="section3">Section 3</a>

Lets see if it works

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Yes I know, but my signature uses it, so I thought I tried it. HTML anchors wont work but I found an update that the owner can put in that will add [anchor] and [jump] tags which function just like HTML anchor tags.

So who do I PM the update too, cause it will greatly enhance many post that are split into sections.

kupo15

Smash Hero
If that is the case then forget it. If it is something not everyone can use then it isn't worth the trouble. Sorry Fzerox and you sent me the code also :(

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
What do I care, I never check the OP unless there is an update, I commit it to memory.

Its for new ppl so they should read the whole thing anyways, not my problem nor yours kupo.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like your videos and explanations. I made my own level though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom