• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wingdashing (11 Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
Woah DT, don't want to get people exited about "flashing"...
Anyway, I agree wit Aminar. It's just a name and there is no point in changing something months old. Someone who hasn't been on the boards a while might come in and go what? "Jigglewinging"?? Pit has a new AT?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I say keep as is, wavedashing has multiple uses and 3 of those are:

1.Being able to use any attack, unlike a dash.
2. A slide, whether large (Luigi) or Small (Sheik) (talking Melee wavedashing here)
3. Mindgames

What does this tech do? All 3 of these.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
There will never be serious Brawl+ tournaments guys. Seriously, hacks are not cool for several reasons. The biggest being the fact that in order to practice under Brawl+ rules means you have to endanger your Wii. At any point Nintendo could release an update that could utterly destroy Wii's with the Homebrew channel or even those that have mod chips. People who take the risk will want to make Brawl+ the standard while those who won't risk their Wiis will never conform to it.

Finally this wouldn't even work as a side tournament. First you'd need people to bring hacked Wiis to tournaments. Those Wiis couldn't be used in the actual tournament due to most TO rule-sets. On top of that, the people who are for Brawl+ would no longer be able to lend their Wiis for tournaments.

Anyway I have no issue with Brawl+ so long as it doesn't infringe on the tournament scene in the ways I mentioned above.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Ok Kupo, i am putting together a wingdash thread similar to this one but it will have video of every character showing how to windash againts certain attack effectively, i am talking about perfect application of such. And since you are the one who discover wingdash i am asking u if its ok, really think this would be much help for all pit player. And i am also currently working on a wingdash video a complete opposite of a combo vid coming sooning that is

an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7bLsZNYYw

Falco Jab, after the first or the second you can applied a wingdash and then punish him

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ok Kupo, i am putting together a wingdash thread similar to this one but it will have video of every character showing how to windash againts certain attack effectively, i am talking about perfect application of such. And since you are the one who discover wingdash i am asking u if its ok, really think this would be much help for all pit player. And i am also currently working on a wingdash video a complete opposite of a combo vid coming sooning that is

an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7bLsZNYYw

Falco Jab, after the first or the second you can applied a wingdash and then punish him
Oh yea definitely!!! I look forward to the finished video!! Are you going to show a follow up attack as well? Otherwise ppl might think "oh you could have just shielded it blah blah blah"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wish i could be in the vid too to help out, At least some fame in there -_-

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Oh yea definitely!!! I look forward to the finished video!! Are you going to show a follow up attack as well? Otherwise ppl might think "oh you could have just shielded it blah blah blah"
the video cantain mostly follow up attack after wingdash but in some situation where i am at a disadvantage i had to wingdash to keep him of, and note that all of this has/will been done in real fight. but i am almost done just need some more people to play with right now

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
the video cantain mostly follow up attack after wingdash but in some situation where i am at a disadvantage i had to wingdash to keep him of, and note that all of this has/will been done in real fight. but i am almost done just need some more people to play with right now
Hope I'm that "someone" u were looking for, if that error doesnt occur.

Kinuhairo

Smash Rookie
WHere does snakes f tilt stand with wing dashing is he still capable of hitting you with it after wing dashing (noticing that the wind pushes him away and your going backwards)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Good work on the vid Lezard, shows the many ways wingdashes can help you in a match, I think It's best used against upcoming aerials. Lately I haven't used it as much as I used to but I'm gonna try and use it more often now.

Also don't add so many transition effects next time, hurts the eyes >.<

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom