• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wingdashing (11 Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
if you can do it with the wingdash, you can do it without it. It is just putting the two together. just do the same exact timing without the wingdash. play around with it for 5 mins and i promise you will get it

Xigbar

Smash Cadet
its opposite with me...i sometimes have trouble putting the two together, but i just started today so i know i will make it perfect soon :p

kupo15

Smash Hero
which video? I didn't make an instructional video of how to glide toss because it isn't needed. It is a tech that is faster explained by words. If you need help, let me know.

Xigbar; Cool, i have trouble putting them together

EDITT: If it makes things easier for you, you can cancel the wingdash with Z (grab button) Then all you have to do is move the joystick and press A. It gets rid of the Dair step

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
which video? I didn't make an instructional video of how to glide toss because it isn't needed. It is a tech that is faster explained by words. If you need help, let me know.

Xigbar; Cool, i have trouble putting them together

EDITT: If it makes things easier for you, you can cancel the wingdash with Z (grab button) Then all you have to do is move the joystick and press A. It gets rid of the Dair step
Really? Seems like that might be easier on the thumbs.

I'll try that tonight...see if it speeds it up to make it better for me.

I still need to know how to glide into a grab...I never heard of that before today.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
So essentially, just as you crash, there's a window of frames to throw out a grab? Would that work with any other move, or just grabs?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Any1 with a glide can do this (I don't know why it's beeing talked about in here) is right before you hit the ground use your glide attack. Pit will start sliding along the ground on his feet (the same way as if he is just standing there) you can do any attack out of this.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think it is canceling your Glide attack like you would normally do and grab right away. That is a good appli and I would like to see a vid of that. Maybe at low health, you can actually glide attack them and grab em out of the air.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think you can. I'm sure i've done it. Glide attack-grab-d through- up air or nair. Very nice way to start the fight if you can but it kinda has to be the first thing you hit them with.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
So essentially, just as you crash, there's a window of frames to throw out a grab? Would that work with any other move, or just grabs?
You can do it with tilts, smashes and grabs and you also get a slide out of it too.
Has this been discovered anyways?

You can grab, Utilt(With a nice slide afterwards too) and pretty much whatever you want out of the glide.

You can prevent crashing too.
I just got a video of me doing many attacks out of the glide, i'll upload it right now.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yes this has been discovered since the game was out. But usually ppl do Glide attack to Uair but I never thought about Glide attack to grab. That could work nicely for low perc as well as being flashy

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
yes this has been discovered since the game was out. But usually ppl do Glide attack to Uair but I never thought about Glide attack to grab. That could work nicely for low perc as well as being flashy
Alright then, Well i'm uploading a video showing alot of things done upon landing, grabbing is in there as well.

Is it called Glide Cancelling? because that's what I called it.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Ukemi??? what is that?
A tech skill? it was on the dojo dude.. lol..
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique10.html

<Ukemi>

When a blow sends you flying, tap the shield button just before you come into contact with the ground, wall, or ceiling. You’ll bound off the surface with a little hop and, like a judo master, cancel any excess momentum that would have otherwise kept you careening around wildly.

Press with just the right timing.

Since midair move-based recoveries have become more fluid, I believe some will find this technique to be slightly less important than it was in the previous game.​

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea that is what i said, it is a tech. that is what everyone calls it and you cant tech a glide cancel because you didn't get hit

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Wait wait, explain what now? Oh you mean stopping your crash? I basicly just shielded when I fell.
Another way to cancel the crash is to use your slice right before you reach the ground and instantly attack with what ever you want.

I guess I didn't Ukemi, but it kinda looked like it when I used the shield upon landing.

Is that what you wanted me to explain? lol I got lost.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ok we knew about all that it was the Ukemi (teching) that sounded new and we were wanting to know what you were talking about.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Skip and Myself have just about mastered it. Sagemoon also has a pretty good wingdash. Look in my video thread at the latest Skip battles

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I got got it downish. Buy that I mean I can do it on comand and when needed the only thing I really need to work on with it is approach against projectiles.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I end up using it more to approach than I do to get away which is a mistake for me at times, even though it does get me behind them.

Also, I thought the wingdash was supposed to prevent you from getting grabbed.
I keep getting grabbed out of it...WTF?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
"Finally, wingdashing prevents you from getting grabbed. I find this most helpful against long ranged grabs such as link, or ice climbers (they can combo you up to 70% with a grab you you gotta be cautious). Taking into consideration that you can do this move out of a shield, you can avoid being grabbed if you can predict it right (big if i know..). However there is also times when its obvious that your opponent wants to shield grab you, take that into considerations and you can do some pretty cool stuffs. If your opponent dodges, most the time you can get the down smash off as they come out of the dodge, if they don't dodge early enough, then you push them out of range with wing push."

Sagemoon says so :p

Yay 1,000th post!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I have a question about the timing about the Wingdashing. When I try to execute it, I always end up in the animation where I'm just hovering over the ground for like 2 seconds before I land... I try to down air to cancel WoI but it doesn't work. Are you supposed to immediately do WoI after you jump or not? If this is not what your supposed to do, can you help understand how you do it? I'm relatively new to the Pit forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom