• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if this Diddy Kong Racing sequel is true, that doesn't change the fact that Microsoft owns Conker (and Banjo which is a reason why those two didn't appear in the DS remake. This doesn't explain why Tiptup was still in the game since he appeared in Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie which is now Microsoft property, however). The only characters Nintendo truly own from DKR is Diddy Kong and Krunch (plus Tiny Kong & Dixie Kong if you count the DS remake). And I'm pretty sure we'll get a brand new cast rather than everyone else returning.

But if this is real, I'll probably wouldn't care so much since I'm satisfied with the Mario Kart series and it would have a hard time competing with Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, which I'm enjoying right now (but the rumor claiming Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western will appear REALLY gets my attention).

wezai

Smash Journeyman
What kinda news site uses Gamefaqs as their source?
It's not a news site, it's just a blog that happens to have the word "news" somewhere in it. ;)

Anyway, last time I checked they post a lot of things about Sony there too, they should renamed it to MySonyNews or something. :p

OT: If that rumor is true then I will be happy, I'm feeling nostalgic already just to think of it.

yani

Smash Lord
This is the roster to accompany the Diddy Kong Racing rumor :

If true: Awesome, but it is a bit disappointing to not have the old cast.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, I should mention that Tiny doesn't look like that anymore

Tiny looks like THIS now:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The characters chosen look 100% random with absolutely ZERO thoughts on why they would fit in this game (especially Kumatora being on that list). If that is real, than I'd rather wait 2014 for the next Mario Kart than get this game.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I like that people are actually commenting as if any of this is true. Allow me to crack this bombshell out of the bag and let everyone know that NO IT'S NOT ****ING REAL, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

In other news, whatever happened with that supposed list of upcoming games that someone apparently found in some root file on the Wii U? Are people still covering that like it's actual news? Is it actual news?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be fair, it's just a mockup picture. It says that at the top.

:phone:
A mockup pic by someone ignorant of current canon of Nintendo characters. How could someone know the future without knowing the present?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The characters chosen look 100% random with absolutely ZERO thoughts on why they would fit in this game (especially Kumatora being on that list). If that is real, than I'd rather wait 2014 for the next Mario Kart than get this game.
I don't know about random... I could see some parallels between the new Nintendo characters and the original Diddy Kong Racing characters.

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong = Conker (DS)
Tiny Kong = Banjo (DS)
Krunch

Dribble = Drumstick
Bunston = Pipsy
Mallo = Bumper
Mona = Tiny Kong (DS)
K.K. Slider = Conker
Kumatora = Dixie Kong (DS)
Dillon = Banjo
Meowth = Timber
Lololo = T.T.
Rick = Taj
Squirtle = Tiptup
King Dedede = Wizpig

disappointed that cranky isn't playable in that rumor
Well, someone has to be the shopkeeper. :troll:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I like that people are actually commenting as if any of this is true. Allow me to crack this bombshell out of the bag and let everyone know that NO IT'S NOT ****ING REAL, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

In other news, whatever happened with that supposed list of upcoming games that someone apparently found in some root file on the Wii U? Are people still covering that like it's actual news? Is it actual news?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...le_metal_gear_and_yoshi_wii_u_games_unearthed

Like most things it's total bs.

Or maybe not.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That "Miiverse hack" thing lost a lot of credibility for me when it said big games will be out/announced for the Wii U on December 10, 2012 (and nothing happened on that day), so I'm calling BS on that and this Diddy Kong Racing thing.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have a question.
Can you transfer data from 2 Wii consoles onto a single Wii U, or just a single Wii?
All that's on my 2nd Wii is Final Fantasy VI and Ghosts n' Goblins, whereas my 1st Wii has a bunch of saves, VC and WiiWare titles. I'm not all that bothered about not being able to get FFVI and Gn'G over, but it'd be convenient XD.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm not sure if anyone here has played ZombiU but dfasnkffdsafasuh I managed to stay alive all the way to Tower of London and then I died in the stupidest manner possible. I had a score of 10,000 and most my guns leveled up too.

I don't rage quit often but **** man. :mad:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually am taking a long break from the game. I think it's an amazing game, but I'm a totally scaredy cat when it comes to horror games. I can only take so much stress in a game before I've got to take a break lol, so I'll finish it later. Also, I get kinda salty when I die because I hate not using the cricket bat because the cricket bat is awesome, but it gets me killed with mobs.

ndayday

BRoomer
I know right, I have to pause it on the mobs because I shake so much from fear/anxiousness. I'm a baby.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Most of what I've heard for pandora's tower is that it's just ok. Not great, not bad, just serviceable. Having literally just finished Xenoblade Chronicles i can fully state that serviceable is not enough to make me care because OMG XENOBLADE2GOOD

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
At least the hack was an actual thing(i.e it was really a list that was there) and was properly debunked.

In other news, did you guys hear about Pokemon Catch & Race? Cant wait to get some good old arcade fashion racing on with Pikachu and friends!
Either Nintendo screwed up or they're marketing geniuses.

Most of what I've heard for pandora's tower is that it's just ok. Not great, not bad, just serviceable. Having literally just finished Xenoblade Chronicles i can fully state that serviceable is not enough to make me care because OMG XENOBLADE2GOOD
Xseed games are Xseed games.

Ecks

Smash Lord

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, I want that Yoshi game so bad! I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a Yoshi's Island HD version for the Wii U, but that kind of style is still cool IMO. I wanna play it like, NOW! I'm happy about that announcement. :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pretty cool Direct, though games like Smash, Mario, and Kart were expected sooner or later. The other games are what have me intrigued.

Top Bottom