• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I do find it kind of odd that the fandom basically demands nintendo tell them that they are working on games that it's obvious Nintendo would be working on. Mario is a given, Zelda is a given, Mario Kart is a given. Note that literally nothing was shown about any of these games whatsoever yet people are still inexplicably rejoicing the fact that they have been announced. The Wind Waker HD remake is still pretty sweet though.

In other news OMGNEWGAMEFROMMONOLITHSOFTTHATLOOKSJUSTLIKEXENOBLADE

Seriously though, the out of left field announcements like Yoshi and Shin Megami X FE were pretty ****ing sweet.

Also the new trailer for The Wonderful 101 has me intrigued. I was initially pretty meh about it but some of the new stuff shown actually has me pretty interested.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As much as I love Xenoblade, I hope the battle system will be more of my kind of thing.
I thought I would've liked it since I liked FFXII's, but surprisingly I didn't.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Bayonetta 2 is where all my money will be at lol. And the new Yoshi looks pretty sweet.
As for the WW HD Remake, I'm excited for it because WW was my favorite Zelda game. Still, it might have been better if they did a Majora's Mask HD Remake, but I can see why they didn't.

Wonder if FE x SMT will include Persona and Devil Survivor characters too.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I was wondering that too, since Persona isn't treated as an SMT game in Japan (it doesn't have the SMT name attached to it). DS does, though. I also don't know why the protag from Strange Journey wasn't shown either...

If they did have the P characters in, though, they could make some money; I can imagine.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/2...emblem-is-co-developed-by-nintendo-and-atlus/

Looks like SMT x FE is going to be an RPG...

HYPE

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was wondering that too, since Persona isn't treated as an SMT game in Japan (it doesn't have the SMT name attached to it). DS does, though. I also don't know why the protag from Strange Journey wasn't shown either...

If they did have the P characters in, though, they could make some money; I can imagine.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/2...emblem-is-co-developed-by-nintendo-and-atlus/

Looks like SMT x FE is going to be an RPG...

HYPE
Devil Survivor isn't branded with SMT in Japan either, none of the spinoffs are. Strange Journey should've been in though.
And I'd rather have them focus on just SMT in this game (characters at least). I don't really want DS and Persona characters in.

And RPG is pretty broad. My bet is on it being like Devil Survivor.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wouldn't be surprised if SJ stuff shows up, the FE side left out 2, 4, and 5 characters. SJ related things have been showing up in SMT IV as well, so it would be odd if they left it out but bring in SMT: if...

I'm okay with them focusing on the main SMT series, even if I haven't had a chance to play anything before Nocturne.

I don't know why anyone thought it wouldn't be some kind of RPG (I've seen people worrying about it being a fighting game :054: ), neither Atlus nor Intelligent Systems really work on anything else that would make sense for this cross over. I'm also imagining something like Devil Survivor, but with more FE mechanics. It could still work as a dungeon crawler though, I don't think it would feel out of place because of how SMT parties work.

There's really no telling what we will get at this point.

Why the Hell is Chiaki there though, I don't get that.
Guess they needed a female from Nocturne, but still. :/

Mewtario

Smash Ace
I am seeing the new Yoshi game take a lot of flak because of the yarn theme.

Clearly, these people have forgotten that Yoshi's Story, the game that this is clearly a sort of sequel to (as the most recent Yoshi-centric console game) had a pop-up story book theme.

If you don't believe me, either pop in Yoshi's Story if you have it or go watch the introductory scene on Youtube.

Let us also remember the Yoshi's Island stage in Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64 (or its Melee replica if you have Melee): the entire stage (save for the clouds) takes place on a pair of pieces of wood, complete with a hook and eye lock on the edges, with the stage's backdrop being two dimensional and details of the stage having a (deliberate) cardboard texture to them. Heck, the background even has a yarn aesthetic!

So really, a yarn aesthetic fits right in with the console Yoshi series!

Capick

Smash Rookie
Just the fact that there even is a Wind Waker remake gets me hyped. I don't really like how the character models look (I'm thinking Brawl styled Toon Link would fit the look they have created for the overworld better), or the water, but it's far from finished. There is a LOT that they could do with WW's artstyle. But most of all, I hope they either increase the game in length (inevitable) or increase the difficulty level. WW was the shortest, easiest 3D Zelda of them all.

Besides that, I'm a little surprised playable versions of 3D Mario and Mario Kart will be avaible in several months. Anyone think they'll be ready by the end of the year? I think, if they have to, they'll rush Mario Kart. Not sure they'll do the same for 3D Mario though.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
WW was the shortest, easiest 3D Zelda of them all.
I'm sorry, but did you say Wind Water was the shortest, easiest Zelda ever? Not to be rude or anything, but that is pretty funny. TP was the shortest, easiest Zelda.

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
TP is the shortest?

what.

And easiest? Yeah it's very easy, but meh, Zelda games haven't really been difficult after II anyways. Though I haven't played Hero mode in SS yet, so I don't know if Nintendo has fixed that. :/

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hero Mode in Skyward Sword I guess isn't necessarily difficult, it just demands you to concentrate a little more than in normal mode. It would only be harder insofar as you fail to pay attention to what you are doing. Basically it's at the difficulty it probably should be normally.

M@v

Subarashii!
I would love it if my wii u would stop hard freezing. You think they would of done something to fix this by now -_-. I heard they said they did, but apparently they didn't do a good enough job >_>. Anyone know what the source might be?

I've heard theories it has to do with the internet connection. That would make sense, because the main game it freezes on me with (like 6-7 times in the past 3 days) is madden 13, which stays connected to the internet the whole time you are playing it, in addition to being online play.

Zombiu on the other hand hasn't crashed on me at all, and Nintendoland only crashed when I first booted it up on launch day. Batman never locked on me either.

I'm sorry, but did you say Wind Water was the shortest, easiest Zelda ever? Not to be rude or anything, but that is pretty funny. TP was the shortest, easiest Zelda.

WW would of been the shortest if that hadn't pulled that maneuver everyone despises to drag the game out for no reason.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I would love it if my wii u would stop hard freezing. You think they would of done something to fix this by now -_-. I heard they said they did, but apparently they didn't do a good enough job >_>. Anyone know what the source might be?
I've been led to believe that it's Miiverse/online, sometimes you'll see that many people hard-lock at one time if you check Miiverse

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Majora's mask would still be the shortest. If you're just playing to finish the game, and even if you're not speed running, MM can be done in around 8 hours.
8 hours is pretty quick, you really know what you are doing if you are going to clear the game in that short amount of time.

No time for the fun sidequests and exploration either...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
8 hours isnt even quick. Even if you're not a speed runner, if you know enough of the more simple exploits you can cut it down another few hours lol. But just straight dungeon running, no side quests, MM can be done super quick. Easily the shortest game.

OoT is still the easiest, though not by much.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
8 hours isnt even quick. Even if you're not a speed runner, if you know enough of the more simple exploits you can cut it down another few hours lol. But just straight dungeon running, no side quests, MM can be done super quick. Easily the shortest game.

OoT is still the easiest, though not by much.
The shortest game? Are you comparing with OoT only? I believe Link's Awakening is the shortest Zelda game.

But yeah, OoT is definitely longer. And I agree with you, Majora's Mask is more difficult.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Im only really considering 3D Zelda games. Some of the handheld games are def super short.

Also looking more at HD WW Im almost kinda sad that the cell shading is gone. The environments look great but the character models lose a lot of their character(no pun intended) because of the HD style imo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You're not alone. A lot of people think that, myself included.

I hope they fix the lighting. It looks annoying at its current state.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Rayman Legends is delayed till September and is no longer exclusive to the Wii U. However, the Wii U version will keep the GamePad functionality as an exclusive feature.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, gamepad controls are a given considering the other consoles can't do the same.

To be honest, the gamepad isn't anything spectacular. And releasing legends on other consoles will definitely hurt Wii u sales of it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, gamepad controls are a given considering the other consoles can't do the same.

To be honest, the gamepad isn't anything spectacular. And releasing legends on other consoles will definitely hurt Wii u sales of it.

It'll be a success for Ubisoft, because frankly, if you can make more money by branching out to a larger audience, go for it. My only problem with this is the backlash and lack of attention the formerly awesome and anticipated Wii U version will probably get.

To me the Wii U will be the definitive version of the game, but by comparison to all the PS3 and 360s out there... gah.

I'm reserving my judgment though, cause I know I can really bank on Nintendo.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The Wii U version is done; I am sure of it. Don't know why Ubisoft can't just release the Wii U version earlier than the 360-PS3 versions. Instead, all Wii U gets is another exclusive demo.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The Wii U version is done; I am sure of it. Don't know why Ubisoft can't just release the Wii U version earlier than the 360-PS3 versions. Instead, all Wii U gets is another exclusive demo.

Plainly speaking, it feels like a slap in the face.

Multiplatform? Whatever, that's fine! Everyone should enjoy it. But yeah...this delay kinda sucks. Ah well. I'll keep playing Mario, Ninja Gaiden, ZombiU, and some Nintendoland. ...and Skyward Sword. Yay Skyward Sword.

Jem.

Smash Master
Not much to do with my Wii-U.. We just recently got one and got Nintendo Land/Mario Bros/Sonic racing game. Already done with them (Beat Mario Bros in 2 sittings with my brother)

Guess now it's the wait until the good games come out in Fall and Winter.. Hopefully. Nintendo would make a huge mistake not having something lined up. And no a remake is not enough for me. I'm talking atleast a Mario Kart/Mario Party/3D mario, will be pretty disappointed if we dont get atleast one of those this fall/winter

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Right now I'm just playing Sonic Transformed and Balloon Fight on my Wii U (and I DESPERATELY need to go back and beat Skyward Sword). The next game I'm getting F-ZERO for 30¢ but I don't know how long that will keep me occupied.

Thankfully the next game I'm impatiently waiting for comes out next month is LEGO City: Undercover. Every new trailer that comes out makes me want the game even more and it's driving me crazy. That should keep me occupied long enough until the next big name I want.

Here is what I'm wanting for the Wii U:
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Super Smash Bros. (duh)
The Mario Kart, Mario 3D, and The Legend of Zelda games
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Yarn Yoshi
All games from the Virtual Console Trail Campaign

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, considering Monster Hunter comes out next month as well, you could have a possible Wii u game to play.

I suggest you play the demo on the 3DS on the 21st of February to get a feel of the game first. (Not sure if a Wii U demo is going to be released. Either way, both 3DS and Wii U versions are the same.)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
TBH, I have never been exposed to the Monster Hunter series (other than the Monster Hunter missions I've played in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD) but I'll give the demo a shot on both systems to see what I think about it.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
When I saw that yoshi game I was like ZOMG SO Cute
Wind Waker HD caught me by surprise
im more on the meh side for the next mariokart because of how broken-ass 7 turned out
E3 this year has one potential EXPLOSION left for us, and it could be a blast, or dud

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
For those possibly interested, all Ubisoft titles on the eShop are 30% off. Not bad if you want ZombiU or something like that and don't mind downloading.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
When I saw that yoshi game I was like ZOMG SO Cute
Wind Waker HD caught me by surprise
im more on the meh side for the next mariokart because of how broken-*** 7 turned out
E3 this year has one potential EXPLOSION left for us, and it could be a blast, or dud
It's not necessarily broken, more than they just castrated the competitive aspect by making all heavyweights the same in stats, all cruiserweights the same in stats, and so on. Other than that, I pretty much agree; Nintendo really needs to think about this year's E3, since anything less than stellar would be akin to bringing a knife to a nuke fight, given the reveal of Sony's PS4, and the rumors of Microsoft's next console will do Nintendo no favors either, if they decide on showing only party games and casual titles the core market cares nothing for.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't forget that Nintendo did admit that Mario Kart 7 was rushed just so the 3DS had a reason to be bought (I'm not totally crazy over this Mario Kart due to its bare bone amount of content where DS & Wii had so much to do). I'm doubting the Wii U Mario Kart will suffer the same fate as we're seeing it at E3 and will probably be done when the Wii U is more than a year old. Plus I'm hoping Namco Bandai Games will port the upcoming arcade Mario Kart game (Mario Kart Arcade GP DX) onto the Wii U eShop since finding any place that had the previous 2 arcade games was extremely hard (plus they were asking one dollar PER RACE to let you play the game). Then we'd have two original Mario Kart games for the Wii U.

Top Bottom