• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
My god, F-Zero story was relentless even on Normal! I would spend days trying to beat a single chapter.

To be honest, I would really hope Nintendo starts bringing back the hard core Nintendo games we know and love. After all, the Wii U is supposed to bring back the hardcore audience to the Nintendo side again, right?

:phone:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
My god, F-Zero story was relentless even on Normal! I would spend days trying to beat a single chapter.

To be honest, I would really hope Nintendo starts bringing back the hard core Nintendo games we know and love. After all, the Wii U is supposed to bring back the hardcore audience to the Nintendo side again, right?

It's obvious that they are trying to satisfy both the casual and the hardcore audience.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I recommend not even anticipating anything at all...

*coughs* But I do confess I'm interested to see if they will say anything about this rumored Yoshi's Land game that is coming to Wii U. If it has the same art-style than Yoshi's Island for SNES then I'm already sold. Oh... How I wish it was Yoshi's ISLAND instead of LAND...

Yoshi barely has any platform games for consoles, it's mostly puzzles and the likes, I think the last I've seen for a console was Yoshi's Story? Even though I enjoyed it back in the time, it was TOO easy. It played nothing like Super Mario World: Yoshi's Island.

Yoshi's Island 2 for DS was a great time-killer, but it didn't feel as artsy as the first one. Now that the Wii U can render those things easily, I don't see why not incorporate the old SNES art-style with HD textures and effects.

But as I said, I bet I'll be frustrated and Yoshi's Land will be one of those "ultra-easy-that-even-your-grandma-can-beat-it-and-it-lasts-2-hours-long" type of games.

The last super challenging game I played in a Nintendo console was F-Zero GX, I kind of forgot there was a world OUTSIDE when I was trying to beat its Story Mode on very hard. Then Shigeru Miyamoto comes and say he didn't expect people still wanting a F-Zero, and that we already experienced everything there is to be experienced? Well, no surprise coming from Nintendo, forgetting a hardcore game that is targeted at the very true fans of the franchise with their new business philosophy of "gotta-print-more-money-with-casual-games-ala-wii-sports".

I don't like judging ahead of time, But I think Pikimin 3 seems a little more challenging with the new mechanics of controlling multiple captains. So there is still light in the end of the tunnel that hints to us Nintendo doesn't want to "make casual" those franchises that are usually known by their challenging aspect. So there's still hopes.
Why is it such a big deal that Yoshi's Land isn't called Yoshi's Island? I'm happy with any kind of Yoshi platformer but that's just me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, what if the lack of is in land is the difference between yoshi's story and yoshi's island?

I wasn't a fan of yoshi's story much

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Because it may not be a platformer! The land suggests it might be something else, when in fact, I miss a Yoshi platformer game. :c
Wasn't Super Mario Land a platformer? I just think making the name of the game a big deal when nothing is known about the game is a bit of an overreaction.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Super Mario Land a platformer? I just think making the name of the game a big deal when nothing is known about the game is a bit of an overreaction.
I was just concerned that if this game is not a platformer we might not see one for a long time from now.

I don't mind about the name, if they are just changing the name of the franchise I'm ok with it. They could name it Avatar 2012: The Year of the Mayan Apocalypse and the War of Worlds and I would still not mind it.

My point is just that because of 2 letters a game entirely different could come out. I hope that is not the case.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So, just got my Elite status reward from Nintendo this morning. About time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got my item a little bit ago...

The web site actually says they send it in December, so I knew it was going to be a while.

I'm disappointed in the quality of the items you had to choose from. A deck of cards is what I got

wezai

Smash Journeyman
That awkward moment when you can't be part of Club Nintendo because of the country where you live in, despite the fact that you have been supporting them since the mid 90's. :/

Ohh, why Nintendo? ...Why?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Got my Club Nintendo gift sometime ago as well, got the Super Mario cards, which ended up being pretty cool. Would have definitely preferred a game though, but the few they offered I already had.

Really wish they offer Mario Tennis 64 again, last time I didn't have coins when it was up. >_<

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Wtf, everyone got theirs hella early. But, that's Nintendo for you. Sending me their stuff late.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, I'm just glad that they shipped my posters to me via USPS and not UPS. UPS is garbage.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No, I didn't get mine early, its like Psycho said, its a December gift. It was sent at the start of December.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't think it will drop in price to be that low. $250 would be its lowest, then $300, and then $350 for the super Wii U bundle.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I had to delay the purchase of a Wii U for many reasons, and then I heard it has several matters that will probably force Nintendo to realase a fixed version of the machine. So I'll wait more to see if it's going to happen.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
That sort of stuff always happens with new consoles, which is why I never pre-order them. I especially want to make sure if developers are committed to the console.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
overscan on 720p TVs :(
Tvii (it's a work in progress though)
load times I guess, but I personally am ok with them

These are my only complaints after a month + with it.

Oh and Nintendo Network IDs need to not be tied to a single system

ndayday

BRoomer
The image on the screen extends past the borders of the TV. Most games are made with this in mind but it's a problem for games that don't/the Wii U menus and stuff. Basically Wii U doesn't have that screen resize thing that the Wii and GC had.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, but they really need to solve that load time problem. It is pretty horrendous for what it is.

M@v

Subarashii!
Got mine today(deluxe edition). Took forever to get all the updates. I start up nintendo land and the whole thing freezes. Had to unplug it to reset it <.<

After that initial hiccup though; everything has been working perfectly. Tried out nintendo land madden and zombiu so far. Gonna try batman next.

Madden is everything i hoped for and more on the wii u :) There's so much stuff to take in. I'm getting accquainted with the games tonight, then ill dive into the other features (miiverse, etc.) tomorrow.

EDIT: I've been having the screen size issue on my normal TV in my room with composite cables. I haven't tried it on an HDTV yet with the hdmi.

ndayday

BRoomer
EVERY problem you mentioned can be fixed with updates,not hardware.
He didn't really specify?

I've heard about the random hardlocks. Hopefully they fix whatever's causing that.
I think it's something to do with Miiverse or its integration sometimes. I remember one night the Nintendoland Miiverse was seriously all comments on how it had hard-locked just then. That was one of the only times my Wii U actually froze, and I was only on Miiverse, not even running a game in the background.

Drephen

Smash Master
i have a question and i hope someone here can help me

So i just transferred all my downloaded games from my Wii to my Wii U, including Smash 64. Now i have one of these Wii U pro controllers and was hoping to use that for my downloaded N64 games, but seems like i cant.

Never owned a classic controller, is that the only way i can play my virtual console N64 games on the Wii U?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't know which controllers are required by N64 games, but whatver you used on the Wii to play it will be the same on the Wii U.

Top Bottom