• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For anyone that's into Dragon Quest, they just revealed more news and screenshots of DQX.
Like they stated, it's going to be on the Wii but it'll also be on the Wii U. Also, the game is going to focus itself on online somewhat, but you can still enjoy it solo.

I was afraid of this, but maybe it'll turn out fine. :ohwell:
Anyone that wants screens and stuff, check out siliconera.com

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I watched the stream.

At first I thought it was horrible, it looked like they were perverting a series I loved so much.

However, it isn't that bad. I'll get it

They say that you can buy the wii version first, than transfer your data to the wii-u version when it comes out.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/119/1192545p1.html

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm...but the question is...would the Wii U version be worth it for a re-purchase? And will the Wii U have any differences asides from graphics (hopefully)?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hm...but the question is...would the Wii U version be worth it for a re-purchase? And will the Wii U have any differences asides from graphics (hopefully)?
Since the wii-U version will be able to play the game with Wii users online, the only significant different will be a massive HD graphic overhaul.

I'll probably just trade in the Wii version for the Wii-U version if I decide to get the wii version first

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Indeed Dragon Quest X has been confirmed for both the Wii and Wii-U, basically the difference is that the Wii-U version will have a massive graphical overhaul over the Wii, it will also have such features that will only be on the Wii-U version, HERE are some of the features that both versions will have.

Here's video footage from the beta presentation:
http://nintendoeverything.com/73061/

Here is the trailer:
http://youtu.be/LbUge_27J-c

"Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online"

I'm actually excited over this, ah and btw it's an MMO mixed with some of the older Dragon Quest elements but I'm guessing and hoping it will be more traditional based.

:phone:

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
This Dragon quest news has me somewhat excited. I honestly feel like my Wii is worth something significant now at the end of it's life cycle. Whether I'll like it or not, only time will tell.

OmegaXXII

Trust me, you're Wii is totally worth it now, another game that's coming out in December is Fortune Street which is a crossover between Dragon Quest & the Mario series, you should definetly check that out when if hits stores soon.

HERE is the trailer in case you haven't checked of out yet, it should be fun indeed.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Trust me, you're Wii is totally worth it now, another game that's coming out in December is Fortune Street which is a crossover between Dragon Quest & the Mario series, you should definetly check that out when if hits stores soon.

HERE is the trailer in case you haven't checked of out yet, it should be fun indeed.

What in heaven's name is this? I'm not big on party games..I'll pass. And I'm sure Xenoblade and Skyward Sword will keep me warm enough this Winter as far as my Wii is concerned.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I'm hoping both XenoBlade and The Last Story get localized, according to NoE, sales for XenoBlade are quite good, almost as much as Japan's, it might definetly catch NoA's eye and will want to localize it, Shulk looks pretty cool as well as Elza and Kanan.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Haha I hacked my Wii to be region-free. So I'll be buying the European version of Xenoblade as soon as I get the money, not gonna wait for that game any longer lol. But I still hope those games can get localized for the general masses. Especially with Xenoblade being called one of the greatest JRPGs of all time.

OmegaXXII

Haha I hacked my Wii to be region-free. So I'll be buying the European version of Xenoblade as soon as I get the money, not gonna wait for that game any longer lol. But I still hope those games can get localized for the general masses. Especially with Xenoblade being called one of the greatest JRPGs of all time.
Whoa, region-free you say? That must be nice.

But yeah, XenoBlade is one of those titles that I'm definetly eager to play since I've played games from monolith in the past, it's suppose to be a great title and has good visuals considering it isn't in HD, I'm also looking forward to Skyward Sword which will actually be my first game from the series to play, it should be exciting for sure since it does have some RPG elements i'm guessing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With the ability to transfer save files from wii to wii-u version, Nintendo hit a gold mine (If Foreign audiences like the game)

I bet most of the people that enjoy it will buy both versions, gamestop might have a trade-in deal or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo be taking all my money the next couple of months. Nice 3DS games and at least 2 wii games

Edit: I would have LOVED to see the reaction from Sony fanboys watching the Dragon Quest conference when Satoru Iwata walked out on stage.

OmegaXXII

It's extremely easy to do. All you need is an SD card.

But, I haven't done it. I'm lazy and I don't want to play Xenoblade THAT much.

As of now, the only thing I'm excited for Wii-wise is Skyward Sword and that coop Kirby game.
Is it? Whelp, looks like someone will hack the Wii soon, but only if XenoBlade doesn't get released in the states.

I forgot about that Kirby game, it definetly looks interesting, it reminds me of it's 64 counterpart, I also want to try out WarioWare, it looks fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope DQX turns out to be a real strong title. Since the game focuses online, I'd rather have it on a PS3 but oh well.
I'll reserve judgment and trust whatever they're planning with this DQ.

Also, this is the first Dragon Quest that's being developed internally by Square Enix.

I hope that's actually a good thing. :laugh:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think DQ will play well online when it comes to the Wii, but I do see a lot of potential for it on the Wii U. Just a matter of having dedicated servers and what not.

Though I do want to know if this is gonna be a true mmorpg where you have to pay a subscription fee.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think DQ will play well online when it comes to the Wii, but I do see a lot of potential for it on the Wii U. Just a matter of having dedicated servers and what not.

Though I do want to know if this is gonna be a true mmorpg where you have to pay a subscription fee.
Since there is going to be offline play available, my guess it "no"

I think MMO was the wrong way to describe the game, when it was first reported. It's more like an expanded online from Dragon Quest IX

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm okay. Yeah that does seem pretty nifty. Reminds me of Demon's Souls a bit where you don't have to play online if you don't want too.

finalark

SNORLAX
I hope DQX turns out to be a real strong title. Since the game focuses online, I'd rather have it on a PS3 but oh well.
I'll reserve judgment and trust whatever they're planning with this DQ.

Also, this is the first Dragon Quest that's being developed internally by Square Enix.

I hope that's actually a good thing. :laugh:
My two cents on this? Well, Square sucks at making MMORPGs. Plain and simple, they tried making an MMO out of their flagship franchise twice. If you go back and play FFXI you'll find it to be one of if not the worst pay-to-play MMORPGs in existence (only EQ1 is worst IMO) and XIV is an atrocity from what I've heard.

I'm not really a Dragon Quest fan, but for all of you out there who are, I'm sorry that Square feels the need to make an MMO in your franchise. And not even a spin off, but as a main entry.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think it's really an MMO, I think it just has an advanced version of DQ IX's online play.

In DQ IX you could have a party of your friends all playing together online.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't think it's really an MMO, I think it just has an advanced version of DQ IX's online play.

In DQ IX you could have a party of your friends all playing together online.
I'm thinking its an MMO from what I've been reading. I doubt that a game where just a few of your friends follow you around would have as many people chilling in a city as shown in this screen shot.

From what I've read on the game, it looks like its going to be another MMO and DQIX was just a testing ground to see if DQ multiplayer would work.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

So Mario party but with some characters from another series thrown in?

Minato

穏やかじゃない

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I still think MMOs are one more generation of consoles away from being really successful. Barring you downgrade the graphics to WoW levels, PC is the way to go.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, well, how disappointing.

Part of the reason DQ is loved by so many, including me, was its lightheartedness, but also because it rarely ever veered far from what made it a success in the first place.

This sounds like it's too much a change for fans to appreciate, or rather, deal with.

I for one won't deal with it. DQ9 was my introduction to the series, and I can tell you, I have enjoyed what else I have of the others available for the DS at the moment.

*been playing DQ6 off and on since its release. Game is awesome.

OmegaXXII

So Mario party but with some characters from another series thrown in?

Yes, basically they are characters from Dragon Quest with Mario characters in a "party" style game, it's coming out soon so it should be interesting considering I like both franchises as well as good multiplayer based games as well.

OmegaXXII

Does anyone here know Mario Kart Arcade in japan? The classic namco characters were in there...
Japan? Lol..if you didn't know it's also here in the states, I've played it before, it was really fun playing as Pac-Man, they should have had other Namco stars as well.

finalark

SNORLAX
I still think MMOs are one more generation of consoles away from being really successful. Barring you downgrade the graphics to WoW levels, PC is the way to go.
I just got a new computer that can run pretty much anything I throw at it at max graphics. WoW actually looks pretty good (not uncharted levels but it doesn't look like a PS2 game anymore either).

Regardless, PCs are the best platforms for MMORPGs unless the game in question was designed specifically for consoles in mind and isn't to menu-heavy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got a new computer that can run pretty much anything I throw at it at max graphics. WoW actually looks pretty good (not uncharted levels but it doesn't look like a PS2 game anymore either).

Regardless, PCs are the best platforms for MMORPGs unless the game in question was designed specifically for consoles in mind and isn't to menu-heavy.
I'm not sure what they could do for a console MMO that they can't do better on a PC

Top Bottom