• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Is anyone honestly surprised by the stupid **** Square-Enix does anymore?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My wii won't accept any controller as player 1 except a specific one.

If you try and connect a controller before it, it won't recognize it. I can change the first controller on the wii menu thing, but the problem is if the controller you selected disconnects than the system won't recognize it again.

The main problem I have is that this means if that controller ever breaks, my system won't work anymore.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

UberMario

Smash Master
What? Really? They said it's japan only!
I've played the majority of tracks and mini-games in MKGP1 at various arcades, haven't seen MKGP2, though.

It was clearly based on Double Dash's engine, even a lot of the models and textures seem to have come from that game.

I'd love to see home-console ports of the two, but judging by the number that Nintendo gave the new Mario Kart, it seems that they are not considered "canon" Mario games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Square would stop trying to "Innovate" the Final Fantasy series and make an old school JRPG the series would be great again.

I vote they use the world of FF12/ Tactics Advance as their main world and produce games from it. It has lots of neat characters and unique races.

finalark

SNORLAX
I vote they use the world of FF12/ Tactics Advance as their main world and produce games from it. It has lots of neat characters and unique races.
I second this. I doubt that would through, since Ivalice was their most western influenced world which alienated quite a bit of their Japanapilic (for overseas)/xenophobic (for at home) audience.

Square's problem is that they have no idea how to make their very Japanese franchise fit into a western-dominated gaming world. So they remade FFX with pretty graphics and a different story and did the same to FFXI. Honestly, as you said, they should just try making 2D JRPGs again.

Also, am I the only one who notices that Square likes to announce things years before they're ready? I mean honestly, how long has Versus XIII been in development?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, am I the only one who notices that Square likes to announce things years before they're ready? I mean honestly, how long has Versus XIII been in development?
What I think is that they do it mostly for new consoles to help garner interest. I guess it's so they can get more people to buy that console early on so they can sell their other games on that platform in the mean time while the bigger ones are still in development.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I think is that they do it mostly for new consoles to help garner interest. I guess it's so they can get more people to buy that console early on so they can sell their other games on that platform in the mean time while the bigger ones are still in development.
The problem with that is fans are impatient.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
You would be too if you had been waiting nearly a decade ofr a decent FF to be released.

10 was ok, but everything since then has been garbage.

I think I had more hours of blitzball than anything in 10.

Nothing satisfies the soul more than Jecht shot from your own half to score.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope they are going to work on new Mario Bros series or a new Mario "Galaxy" for the wii-u near launch. I don't want to wait as long for a Mario game after Mario 64

...Still hoping for that return to dream world mario 2-esque game that will never come out

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Well, Super Mario Galaxy 1 did come out before the end of 2007, but I agree that something at launch would help the console get off to a jump start. Before SMG came out I was bored out of my mind with the Wii. (I got mine January of 07 not long after it came out)

I think that consoles need to have more quality launch titles when they come out to help the immediate success of it. I just got a 3DS and while I'm really enjoying doing playthrough after playthrough on StarFox, theres a reason why I only own one game for the system.

Hopefully Nintendo will have something really awesome at launch this time around, although I highly doubt it...

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
How about a new F-zero Nintendo? :c

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You would be too if you had been waiting nearly a decade ofr a decent FF to be released.

10 was ok, but everything since then has been garbage.

I think I had more hours of blitzball than anything in 10.

Nothing satisfies the soul more than Jecht shot from your own half to score.
Ha, I've put in at least 20 hours worth of Blitzball into it, it's mad fun.

I can't wait for Skyward Sword and Dragon Quest X coming out soon, I might also get XenoBlade as well if it comes out.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I second this. I doubt that would through, since Ivalice was their most western influenced world which alienated quite a bit of their Japanapilic (for overseas)/xenophobic (for at home) audience.

Square's problem is that they have no idea how to make their very Japanese franchise fit into a western-dominated gaming world. So they remade FFX with pretty graphics and a different story and did the same to FFXI. Honestly, as you said, they should just try making 2D JRPGs again.

Really late reply...but

Final Fantasy was originally based upon a western made game called Dungeons and Dragons. The first few games are most evident of that, though some things have survived in the series all the way up to the latest

Their games based on western lands have been their best.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If one modifies their Wii, you could get the Euro version of Xenoblade (import it). That version is translated in english, so no problem.

Twas the same deal for Terranigma.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So someone help me figure this out. With Skyward Sword coming out soon, I need a Motion+ controller. Do they still sell that mini attachment to regular wiimotes or will I have to buy a whole new wiimote?

OmegaXXII

So someone help me figure this out. With Skyward Sword coming out soon, I need a Motion+ controller. Do they still sell that mini attachment to regular wiimotes or will I have to buy a whole new wiimote?
What do you mean, the nunchuck attachment or what specifically?, I honestly hope it will have a GNC feature, though I'm doubting it since TP lacked it.

Xenoblade is already out in Japan and Europe. North America is not getting it.
It isn't? Unless I see a source where you saw this, I still believe it shall come, even so like ZIO mentioned, I'll end up hacking my Wii and import it if that ends up to be the case, no big deal.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
google "xenoblade north america" and you get like 100 results

but yeah, more recently I guess Reggie said that it's a possibility depending on Europe's sales numbers. So, uh, yeah, go buy the Europe one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What do you mean, the nunchuck attachment or what specifically?, I honestly hope it will have a GNC feature, though I'm doubting it since TP lacked it.
Well, I remember they promoted the attachment to the WiiMote specifically when they announced Wii-Motion+. I believe they promoted it with Tiger Woods PGA Tour?

If you get the whole collection for Skyward Sword, the wiimote already has built in motion+ I think.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
For anyone here who doesn't own a Wii...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/11/new-wii-bundle-includes-new-super-mario-bros-loses-gamecube-sup/

announcing a new bundle for North America which will include a black Wii Remote Plus, a black Nunchuck, a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and, oddly, a Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack CD.

What it won't include, however, is any support for GameCube games or accessories. Also, like its European cousin, the "newly configured black Wii console sits horizontally rather than vertically." The bundle will be released on October 23 for $150.
The little red flag that just shot up in your brain was probably the realization that $150 is also the asking price for the Mario Kart Wii console bundle, which is available in black and includes nearly the same contents ... and a Wii that still supports GameCube. According to Nintendo, the Mario Kart Wii bundle "will continue to be available" alongside the new bundle.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...

The one thing that sucks being a high school student having college next year is that I have to conserve all my entertainment funds for a Wii-U and Smash 4. It's a shame considering that there are so many Wii games I want to pick up (and PS3 as well).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Smash 4 won't be coming out the day Wii U comes out. So if that's the game you're waiting for before you buy the console, you'll be able to find a discount or buy the Wii U used. They have not even started on the game given the team is currently finishing up Kid Icarus. Expect Smash 4 to not come out for 2-3 years.

D

Deleted member

Smash 4 won't be coming out the day Wii U comes out. So if that's the game you're waiting for before you buy the console, you'll be able to find a discount or buy the Wii U used. They have not even started on the game given the team is currently finishing up Kid Icarus. Expect Smash 4 to not come out for 2-3 years.
There are a few others on the Wii-U that I want, but that is the game I am anticipating for the system, so I can wait until then.

Given that the system + SSB4 could cost up to $500 overall (if we're assuming SSB4 is $60 and Wii-U is $400), I'm trying to save up for the worst realistic case scenario, but I will try to get a Wii-U and that game for as cheap as possible. Hopefully, things pans out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think the price of the Wii U is simply gonna come down to the production costs of the tablet. If it's not as expensive as it's meant to be, then I see the Wii U selling for 300-350.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
For the first year, or however long it takes for MS and Sony to make their successor, I imagine the Wii-U's mainly going to be competing with the Vita. I doubt it will be significantly more expensive than that.

I could be wrong though. I was pretty shocked at the 3DS' original pricetag.

But honestly, are the 360 and PS3 REALLY that obsolete already? Games are costing a ton of money, especially big name 360/PS3 titles. In my eyes, Nintendo was the only one that NEEDED to update. I think rushing out a new console to compete with Wii U would be a huge mistake.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kinda wish Nintendo waited and produced a better technologically advanced system.

I like the tablet and everything, but Sony is probably going to produce something that'll blow the wii-u out of the water

Microsoft will probably produce a piece of junk

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I kinda wish Nintendo waited and produced a better technologically advanced system.

I like the tablet and everything, but Sony is probably going to produce something that'll blow the wii-u out of the water
People were saying the exact same thing about the PS3/Wii, just substitute "the tablet" with "motion control"

OmegaXXII

Eh..I think Microsoft is rumored to announce a system next year so yeah, it would be a big mistake on there part.

To be honest, The Wii should have turned out like the Wii-U is going to be in terms of graphical power since it probably isn't going to be that much superior than the 360/PS3 anyway, I guess it took Nintendo a second try to get it right and rush it since the Wii wasn't on par with the other two in terms of games and graphical capablilities.

As for the pricetag, I believe it will be within tbe range of at least $300-$450 depending on how powerful they make it out to be, hopefully it won't be that much.

:phone:

Top Bottom