• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just read that there will be no AC: Revelations on the Wii U. I mean guess that makes sense given the Wii U doesn't come out a year later after the game's release.

finalark

SNORLAX
While we're talking about Rare I just want to say that I played a demo of the XBL version of Banjo-Kazooie.

That game is a hell of a lot more playable when you're using a non-crappy 360 controller over the crappy N64 controller designed by octopuses. I actually found the game enjoyable as apposed to underwhelmingly average.

Although I still think that Perfect Dark is outdated and mediocre, even after playing the XBL version.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
While we're talking about Rare I just want to say that I played a demo of the XBL version of Banjo-Kazooie.

That game is a hell of a lot more playable when you're using a non-crappy 360 controller over the crappy N64 controller designed by octopuses. I actually found the game enjoyable as apposed to underwhelmingly average.

Although I still think that Perfect Dark is outdated and mediocre, even after playing the XBL version.
The N64 controller is the best controller ever made by man.

Nah, Perfect Dark XBLA is still good.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sentinel should edit the first post on this thread. He hasn't even posted the details of this console.
Wikipedia is pissing me off at this point. :mad::hulk::mad::hulk:

finalark

SNORLAX
The N64 controller is one the worst controllers I've ever played with in my life, right next to the Dreamcast controller.

And I love the Dreamcast.

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
Gah the DC controller was horrid. Absolutely horrid.

And I've been waiting for someone to make Killer Instinct again, since Rare is busy making crap.

finalark

SNORLAX
Gah the DC controller was horrid. Absolutely horrid.
Bulky and unwieldy, only one control stick and lacking any additional shoulder buttons. And the d-pad felt as stiff and rigid as the N64's poor control sick.

Oh well, at least the DC didn't have any entire half of the controller that went almost completely unused.

EDIT: Ironically, the DC controller is a step backwards from the Saturn Controller They both have the same basic layout and shape (with the same shoulder buttons and everything) but the DC controllers lacks the two additional face buttons that the Saturn had.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's good for shooters.
I respectfully disagree, the control stick is really awkward for those moments where you need precise aim. It's also shaped like a futuristic plane or a goofy looking "E".

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm sticking with the goofy looking "E".

I've never seen a controller so absurd. But i was 8 years old at that time so i didn't care much. :V

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I respectfully disagree, the control stick is really awkward for those moments where you need precise aim. It's also shaped like a futuristic plane or a goofy looking "E".
Eh, I still love it. I hope the Wii U controller is good and not a gimmick.

Need more Wii U info first before forming my opinion on it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What are you guys talking about? The PS2 controller is da best!! :cool:

Meh.. For all I know that bulky looking controller known as the Wii-U could have been a prototype, heck just look at Sony's e3 2005 PS3 controller.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
For its time, the N64 controller was the best thing for FPSs next to the keyboard and mouse.

Of course now it's archaic.

finalark

SNORLAX
For its time, the N64 controller was the best thing for FPSs next to the keyboard and mouse.

Of course now it's archaic.
I'm sure that back then it was fantastic. But sadly the c-buttons are not a good alternative to a mouse or second control stick these days.

NTA

Smash Lord
The Wii-U better have full compatibility with GC controllers. Playing the new Smash Bros on N64 controller doesn't sound too bad either.

OmegaXXII

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I figure the Wii U (and future PS and Xbox) consoles will need a stand alone "regular" controller. While innovating to touch screens, motion sensed objects and etc are good...it's always great to have an option to go back to a basic controller. Let's face it, not every game is gonna be best suited to play on that Wii U controller or Wii Mote.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The Wii-U better have full compatibility with GC controllers. Playing the new Smash Bros on N64 controller doesn't sound too bad either.
If the GC nor the Wii had any compatibility with the N64 controller why would the Wii U have it? The controller is already a decade old of outdated stuff so I seriously doubt that at this point they'd make it compatible

Same with the GC controller, it's also a decade old controller that only got in the Wii because the Wii is backwards compatible with GC games.

The only controller that'd make sense at this point to make compatible is the Wii Mote and it's accessories just because Nintendo might make it so there's only one tablet at a time and because the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii

TheLostHylian

Smash Cadet
Is it true you can only use one tablet controller per Wii U like I've heard rumors about?

If it IS true, I certainly hope they don't expect people to still use the Wii-Mote for everything else. Jesus that controller blows so hard. I'm expecting a new "standard" controller. FFS give us a goddamn controller that charges it's battery from the system!

OmegaXXII

If the GC nor the Wii had any compatibility with the N64 controller why would the Wii U have it? The controller is already a decade old of outdated stuff so I seriously doubt that at this point they'd make it compatible
Because the Gamecube wasn't backwards compatible and the Wii was to generations ahead of N64, but I see your point as far as GNC to Wii-U goes.

Same with the GC controller, it's also a decade old controller that only got in the Wii because the Wii is backwards compatible with GC games.
True, but since the Wii was compatible with GNC games and controllers; consequently some people now have that mentality that the GNC should once again return, they are afraid of change IMO.

The only controller that'd make sense at this point to make compatible is the Wii Mote and it's accessories just because Nintendo might make it so there's only one tablet at a time and because the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii
Pretty much so, but don't forget about the Classic Pro as well, even though people have different tastes when it comes to controller options I believe is good to have a variety, Im guessing the Wii-U ATM will only support one tablet per console?

Well I hope we get presented with an idea other than being stuck with a Wiimote+Nunchuck for multi-player gaming.

:phone:

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the rechargable battery thing, I don't wanna have to change batteries every now and then, but I want something that can charge from a wall(that is not from a 3rd party).

But consider this.....for those who want the Wii-U controller battery to be rechargable, hope it comes with 2 batteries, or else you're gonna have to break every once in a while.

finalark

SNORLAX
I agree with the rechargable battery thing, I don't wanna have to change batteries every now and then, but I want something that can charge from a wall(that is not from a 3rd party).
Or alternatively the controllers could charge from the console itself like the PS3's controllers do.

True, but since the Wii was compatible with GNC games and controllers; consequently some people now have that mentality that the GNC should once again return, they are afraid of change IMO.
A good portion of Nintendo's fanbase throws a ***** fit whenever they change something. This was expected.

Well I hope we get presented with an idea other than being stuck with a Wiimote+Nunchuck for multi-player gaming.

I'm sure that most games will include the option to use the classic controller.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Certain controllers can still hold preference over others. While people liked the N64 one, a lot didn't like it either.

Arcade Sticks are like 50 years old...they haven't changed have they? Appeal to the fan base. If the fan base wants a GC controller, then give it to them. Make it USB if you have too.

The PS controller has been around for over a decade, but with small changes here and there...it's still relevant.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. If Nintendo pretty much does what Sony does to it's controller that would be great, it seems that Sony just upgrades it's already existing controller scheme, but since the Wii didn't exactly capitalize on the GNC Controller as far as tweaking goes it might not happen for the Wii-U.

I can however see it being porter over via USB.

finalark

SNORLAX
The PS controller has been around for over a decade, but with small changes here and there...it's still relevant.
That's probably because the PS controller is brilliant and gives you everything you'll ever need. There's no reason for Sony to make a different controller. Although the marshmallow L2 and R2 buttons on the PS3 are dumb and easily broken.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The best video game input device ever made is the Wii Vitality Sensor.

I don't think the N64 controller was that bad, but man is it the most ugly and uncomfortable looking thing ever. I was surprised at how easily I took to it once I played for a little while.

My least favorite controller is either the Dreamcast or the original Xbox.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Now this was the greatest controller ever conceived by mankind.

No other controller, not even the Wii U one for sure, will ever be able to surpass how amazing this controller was

Top Bottom