• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Too bad we Europeans won't get it till 8th of December, but here's something that I made and wanted to share :p

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Nononono, you misunderstand. Having the GCN will be something you have for, I dunno, old time's sake or something like that.
Well, lets see... The thing has GCN memory card ports and GCN controller ports in the top, plays GCN games, and even picks up WaveBird frequencies. Shall I make you a purple cube to cover your Wii in? Only trouble is, I dunno if I can last two months without being able to Smash without driving over to a friends house.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Nononono, you misunderstand. Having the GCN will be something you have for, I dunno, old time's sake or something like that.
Well then I guess I'm not the nostalgic type, because I'd rather sell all my current stuff except for anything still useful for the backwards compatibility, and not have anything I can get rid of taking up space. I'm not planning on buying a lot off the VC, though, or even the classic controller. The only game I'm planning on buying as of now is SMRPG, the classic I seem to hear about all the time, but have never gotten to play. One thing I actually like about the points is that, although very little identity theft happens online, and there are plenty of ways to avoid stuff like that, I feel like buying the points in a store, where I can see my money, is somewhat safer.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Nintendo has high hopes for reaching casual and non-gamers, so sales figures could be grander than that of the Xbox 360.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Im preordering a Wii ASAP. It will be the first system I've ever bought at launch. Lucky for me I may be given some gifts that may contain Wii games and/or acessories due to a day that has something to do with the anniversary of my birth.

LoZ has already been preordered and I dont see any other games that Im intrested in (darn you Metroid). I might just pick up a VC controller and some points instead. But who knows? All I know is my wallet is going to be a lot lighter after the 19th.

Boo Metroid delay!
Horray having a steady paycheck!

Zink

Smash Champion
I'll probably get:
Bundle $250
2 full controllers $120
LoZ $50
Excite Truck $50
VC controller $30
:)
Apparently EB won't take reservations until they know how big their shipment is, hopefully within a week. They do encourage preordering games now, though. So I'll probably preorder LoZ and ET, and a Wii as soon as we're allowed.

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
My grandfather is going to preorder it for me if he can. Im going to get a couple of cube controllers too since I dont have a cube but I want to play brawl with them when it comes out.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
My grandfather is going to preorder it for me if he can. Im going to get a couple of cube controllers too since I dont have a cube but I want to play brawl with them when it comes out.
If you dont plan on buying any GC games before then I would say hold onto your money. If you are then I say it's about time you had Smash. Arent we in a Smash forum?

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I play it often. I am better than most people that post 'rate my [insert character here]' threads. But I am buying MGS: the twin snakes and some other GC games.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm trying to decide the best way to procure a system on launch day. I could go to my local EBGames or [insert other game stores exactly like EB here], or I could find a place that's NOT doing any preorder, perhaps Wal*Mart, Target, or Best Buy (I'll have to check the status of those three), and just wait outside opening morning. I'd much rather just wait outside and buy from Wal*Mart or whatever, considering I hate EB and those other places.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I'm trying to decide the best way to procure a system on launch day. I could go to my local EBGames or [insert other game stores exactly like EB here], or I could find a place that's NOT doing any preorder, perhaps Wal*Mart, Target, or Best Buy (I'll have to check the status of those three), and just wait outside opening morning. I'd much rather just wait outside and buy from Wal*Mart or whatever, considering I hate EB and those other places.
Well, I plan on reserving the games I'm getting at the launch (Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) and camping out because it's fun :D

I've got a $500 Wii fund ready to spend, so I'll get the package, more controllers, etc, plus as many games as I can.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps McFox has an idea with this camping out in front of a non EB place being a good (possible) course of action. I was just going to preorder games and system from EB, but I really hate dealing with them, and the store I go to is always horribly understaffed and unorganized. Who else thinks camping at a non-EBesque location is smart?

MDZ: I have that set aside $500 for it too, and I'm trying to get the Wii + extra Wiimote + TP + Monkey Ball, which should run me... ~$420 before tax. So expect to get only one extra Wiimote and two games, or trading a game for another Wiimote. Or get more money.

As for getting many controllers, if you know people who are also getting the system, it probably won't be nessecary to get too many. I'm getting two, and my buddy is getting two, and since most of my party-like stuff will happen when we're together, combining our collection will do us for quite a while.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
I Have A Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets say im away from ANY internet wifi thingy area.......and nintendo busts out with and update for.......lets just say MP3........could i get that update a few days later when i get home? or is it gone for good?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It'd be like any online game. When you hook it up to online, you get the patch.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I'm betting MP3 is being delayed to have online. It was announced way back at E3 '05 and appeared to be well along on it (although Nin's track record is obviously not exemplary when it comes to launch dates), MPH wasn't originally going to have online, and those new hunters are just too cool to not be used more.

It's kind of funny, that Sony has almost blatantly said that they're not just making a game console, they're making an all-in-one home entertainment center, and then the Wii ends up having at least a few of the same features the PS3 will, and some it doesn't, all for half the price or less. Lots of people had been saying Sony is just trying to take over your living room, then it turns out Nin's objective is not completely different after all. I'm especially glad about the picture viewer: in the SSBB spamfest- I mean, speculation thread, it was mentioned several times that some people, myself included, wanted to be able to download Smash vids right on the Wii, and with the picture viewer you'll be able to at least watch them there, if not download any. It also means I won't have fight with my brother for the computer to do any of that stuff.

Btw Mic, you kept mentioning Wario Ware like it was a launch title, but the list on page one says 2007. Did you just mean you were going to get it eventually?

EDIT: Oh, and you still can't preorder online, despite what Cashed's scan said about the 18th. It figures, those stupid corporate websites. It's like they have them just for the sake of having them.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
ok i was just wondering. also. can ANY SD card work with the Wii? or is it only nintendo specific?
I suppose any SD card should work, so that way you can transfer pictures from a digital camera using the same SD card the camera uses. If they make one to buy a specific one I would be kinda mad.(even though that doesn't affect me directly because I don't have a digital camera)

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Im getting a warranty also for 2 years if possible. (i know they do it at future shop) because my dad bought a ps2 and it crashed a month later and he bought another (with warranty this time) and they kept breaking until they (sony) fixed the ps2 bugs (he's gone through like 7, when he brought the last one in to replace it the guy asked my dad if he used the ps2 as a baseball bat)

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
To McFox: I highly suggest that you don't go the EBGames/Gamestop. Those places regularly screw over the gaming consumer, as I'm sure you already know. You'd probably be better off just waiting overnight for a retail store to start selling them.

Firefly, PS2s have the notorious reputation for breaking down and being plagued with DREs (Disc Read Errors). Hence, why Sony kept on releasing updated versions of the PS2 and eventually provided free repair after a lawsuit. . .if nothing else, you should ALWAYS wait until a later version of Sony's products come out, because they tend to suffer from less problems.

Sony kind of screwed me over too. . .I bought a PS2 slim at launch, and it broke down after 6 months. Luckily I had a warranty.

That's not the case with Nintendo products, though. I'm sure that many previous Nintendo owners can attest that their old NES/SNES/N64 consoles work to this very day. . .Nintendo's products are built like bricks; provided that you take good care of them, they'll outlast their expected life cycle (4 years?) by quite a lot.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I've never had a problem with Nintendo products breaking, and have no plans to get any warranty.

If you plan to purchase a PS3 this holiday season and are able to find one, however, I'd highly recommend the warranty.

Skywalker

Space Jump
There are no major manufacturing problems for the Gamecube; mine is nearly four years old, and it works fine.

Top Bottom