• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You will likely have the option of using the Virtual Console controller, if you don't have some GC pads. It has a similar layout, although the game is being designed around the GC pad. If you're used to Melee, you'll likely find it easy to play with the GC controller rather than the VC one.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Why does everyone forget the KING of multiplayer madness?
What, you mean Mario Party? Which by the way is going to be a launch title, despite the fact that we have basically heard nothing about it. As soon as I found out about the Wiimote, I thought of Mario Party as the ideal game for the system. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't milked it either.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
While the price of the controllers is steep, it doesn't worry me. I just need one for myself, one for my brother, and my friends can bring their own. What worries me, though, is the thought of other peripherals that are required for certain games.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
What, you mean Mario Party? Which by the way is going to be a launch title, despite the fact that we have basically heard nothing about it. As soon as I found out about the Wiimote, I thought of Mario Party as the ideal game for the system. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't milked it either.
Mario Party is a launch title? What site did you get that from?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
He didn't specify at launch, blaksheap. You just added that to his statement. He just said it would be cheaper than buying only a 360 for the same price as all the stuff he's planning on getting with his Wii.

I'm interested in Excite Truck, but agree it doesn't look to be worth $50. Overall I don't really see it selling that well, either, but Nintendo doesn't drop its game prices too fast, so it could be awhile before it drops down to $30 or $20.
You're right, you got me there, but I think in this thread, especially with the other merchandise he mentioned, I thought it was safe to assume he meant at launch.

The main reason I'm getting a Wii? Wario Ware. Why does everyone forget the KING of multiplayer madness?

EDIT: Pics of the "Luigi Green" Wii Dev Kits.

And Shiggy's apparently said they aren't releasing any new colours until sometime in 2007.
That sucks about the different colors, I was really looking forward to those colors from the first E3 conference. Maybe I can trade it in when they release more colors. It would depend on if I want to drop $40 (or whatever the difference would be at any given time) just so it would match my DS or my living room. And Mic, I definitely haven't forgotten about WW, but Wii Sports will be multiplayer, as will Rayman, so that will keep me for long enough, and my brothers will be buying their own controllers, because I'm buying the console myself (that way I can take it with me when I move out sometime in the fairly near future, heh heh). Anyway, I'm not paying $50 for it until we get a few more controllers. I'm hoping they'll release a bundle.

The main reason I'm getting a Wii? Wario Ware. Why does everyone forget the KING of multiplayer madness?
[responding sarcasm for sarcasm]No, he meant WW.[/sarcasm] WW has MP beat in every facet.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'll love the new Mario Party if it contains enhanced versions of 1, 2, & 3. Those were the good ones. :p

Otherwise, I'll purchase Wario Ware: Smooth Moves instead.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Hey, will WW be Wi-Fi? I just realized I haven't heard anything about Wi-Fi with it. The third-party titles won't be on Wi-Fi until '07, so Nin might want it on as many titles as possible to kick it off, meaning their own launch titles, but I really can't think of any first party launch titles off the top of my head that will have Wi-Fi.

Skywalker

Space Jump
As far as I've heard, nothing has been announced about Wario Ware Smooth Moves having WiFi play.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Maybe Nintendo could add a decent single player mode to Hunters? Although MPH for the DS had a great multiplayer, to quote a Game Informer review, "I play Metroid for the single player experience."

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain what warioware is. Ive heard about it but id like a summary. Also, nobody is thinking of getting Red Steel? Thats the launch game ill be getting.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer

*cough*

Anyway, Nintendo should try and do some deals--they're doing it in Japan.
Wiis don't come with Wii Sports, but when you buy Wii Spors for $50, you get a controller free.

And if you buy a $50 Wii Point card, you get a classis controller free.
And if you buy that weird Wii minigamre compilation, I think you ALSO get a controller free.

And where's Wario Ware?

I'm gonna love my Wii and all, but, seriosuly, I'm only adopting early because of Zelda.
Otherwise I'd just wait for Metroid Prime 3, Mario galaxy, and SSB.

A year from now, just like with ethe DS, we're bound to see some wicked good stuff, but for now, I don't see any titles from here to the end of the year that really justify a Wii, and Zelda kinda doesn't count.
Hopefully, since i'm putting faith in it, the Wii version will play just as good as a standard controller, but be more fun to use.
That's what it looks to do, at least.

I'm pretty sure you can buy Wii Points online, too. I remember hearing Reggie say that in the presentation.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
EB is owned by GameStop, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing the "You can only preorder if you come give us some of your old stuff" as well. Note the scan says starting the 18th, so you probably won't see reservations go up on the website (where you'll be actually able to reserve one with a credit or debit card) till then as well.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
*calls Gamestop*

'Blah, blah, blah, some guy speaking.'

"I know you haven't taken preo-orders for the PS3 or Wii yet but will you at some point?"

"We haven't taken any pre-orders yet."

*silence*

"I know. Will you at some time in the future take pre-orders?"

"For the PS3 we don't know yet. For the Wii we probably will soon."

I'll just check again when I buy Okami next week.

edit: Didn't see the part about the 18th. Nevermind then.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Thanks, Chill.

I hope you're wrong, though Cashed. I guess it wouldn't be a problem to give up my gamecube since I'll essentially be getting a second one in two months, but I may have Smash withdrawal until then and neglect Zelda:TP, and the other games I'll be getting ;).

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
They need to make a Metroid Prime Hunters sequel for the Wii. Maybe have all of the hunters from the first game, MP3, Dark Samus maybe, and of course new hunters that would be introduced into the game.
Maybe Nintendo could add a decent single player mode to Hunters? Although MPH for the DS had a great multiplayer, to quote a Game Informer review, "I play Metroid for the single player experience."
Last I heard, it wouldn't have multi. I wish it was going to, because even though I liked MPH, I found the controls really hard with the tiny stylus. A MPH on Wii would be good, as long as the controls turn out decent, because I thought the MP3 hunters char designs looked a hundred times better than MPH. I doubt they'll be programming MP3 to connect with MPH in any way, like putting the Wii hunters on DS. I've been hoping D. Samus would be in SSBB, but one of the MP3 hunters could be good also/instead of. They all just look so good, the designers of those must be talented. The MPH hunters all looked a bit boring, they didn't have enough individuality.

As for the preordering problem, I don't even have $50 worth to trade in, with the backwards compatibility and the stuff my brothers want to hang onto. I've been calling and going to EB a few times altogether since the 14th, and essentially what the manager told me (and we actually know each other more or less by name) is that if someone has preordered a game, they'll call that person to tell them you can now preorder. (I'm a little afraid to say that, I might not get a spot on the preorder list, but I doubt anyone on here is from my small area.:dizzy: ) And I'll get more for my GC taking it to a pawn shop than taking it to EB. You get the same amount for the Zelda:Collector's Edition as for a GC. That's just weird about not taking cash, though, he didn't tell me anything about that. I reserved Rayman and TP with cash, but obviously the consoles are a bigger deal than the games.

Btw, Destiny, great cartoon.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Thanks, Chill.

I hope you're wrong, though Cashed. I guess it wouldn't be a problem to give up my gamecube since I'll essentially be getting a second one in two months, but I may have Smash withdrawal until then and neglect Zelda:TP, and the other games I'll be getting ;).
I wouldn't recomend you trading in your GC. It may seem useless now, but you will regret it later. The NES may be out dated, but it's a crazy sweet thing to have when very few people have one too.

Kais

Smash Ace
I wouldn't recomend you trading in your GC. It may seem useless now, but you will regret it later. The NES may be out dated, but it's a crazy sweet thing to have when very few people have one too.
I'm with commonyoshi on this one. I'd regret it so much had I sold my SNES once I got an N64. It's fun to go back and play Megaman X/LOZ:A Link to the Past/Super Mario World/etc. You get the idea. Hold onto it, you'll thank us one day.

Commonyoshi gets +rep for having commonsense. That and he has some digimon thing in his sig. That's good ****.

~ Kais

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm with commonyoshi on this one. I'd regret it so much had I sold my SNES once I got an N64. It's fun to go back and play Megaman X/LOZ:A Link to the Past/Super Mario World/etc. You get the idea. Hold onto it, you'll thank us one day.
Except with the Wii being able to play GC games, you don't really need it at all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Region locking seems to be in debate. It was said that it's region free, then Nin of Uk says it is region locked, now NOA's Vice prez says it isn't....make up your minds.

Kais

Smash Ace
Except with the Wii being able to play GC games, you don't really need it at all.
Nononono, you misunderstand. Having the GCN will be something you have for, I dunno, old time's sake or something like that.

PLUS. Buying games via the Wii is going to be a pain in the *** due to the point system. It's kind of a drawn-out process if you ask me. Set up account-->pay $20--> get 2k pts --> spend those on the games. It doesn't really make much sense when you think about the fact that you paid for the points through your account so why can't you just buy the games that way too? It seems sort of unnecessarilly complicated.

Also, this whole friend code business is really bothering me, but that is irrelevant.

~ Kais

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Nononono, you misunderstand. Having the GCN will be something you have for, I dunno, old time's sake or something like that.

PLUS. Buying games via the Wii is going to be a pain in the *** due to the point system. It's kind of a drawn-out process if you ask me. Set up account-->pay $20--> get 2k pts --> spend those on the games. It doesn't really make much sense when you think about the fact that you paid for the points through your account so why can't you just buy the games that way too? It seems sort of unnecessarilly complicated.

Also, this whole friend code business is really bothering me, but that is irrelevant.

~ Kais
You can buy a point card at your local game store.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The entire reason Nintendo and Microsoft use point systems for buying things through their online services is so you can go down to the store and buy a point card if you don't have a credit card. The point system just opens up the market to more people.

Top Bottom