• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Zink

Smash Champion
I have to say, channels look amazing. Pictures, movies, Mii, weather, news, Internet- it looks like a multimedia center that actually works.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only person excited about Monkey Ball Banana Blitz? I had so much fun with the GC versions (except for Adventure, which I've avoided), and can't wait for not only the 50 (!) minigames of Blitz, but also all of the new 1p levels.
Wow, I thought I was the only Monkey Ball fan in Smashboards.:laugh: I loved SMB 1 & 2, and I'm still a proud owner of 2. I've played Adventure in Best Buy, and I agree that it wasn't all that hot. 50 minigames for Banana Blitz?! All of them with multiplayer?! *Plans to save money*
So there are other completely nuts people on this forum. Three cheers for monkey's in hampster balls!

Of all the extra functions of the Wii, the photoshop-esque thing interests me the most. The web surfing is also interesting, but how does that work with no keyboard?...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The blind kid who uses echolocation was on the Ellen DeGeneres show. He was given a Wii. Twilight Princess, DS lite and some other stuff.

If you see a kid in a wheelchair on that show recieving a Wii it's me.

primusfan

Smash Ace
The blind kid who uses echolocation was on the Ellen DeGeneres show. He was given a Wii. Twilight Princess, DS lite and some other stuff.

Are you serious? Thats real nice and everything but how is he gonna enjoy the games if he can't even see it?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
By the way, while I'm thinking about it, can anyone 100% answer the following question (as in, has it been confirmed?)?

Will the Wii be able to connect to the internet using the same Wireless Adaptor that the DS uses?

I would assume so, so I emailed Nintendo just to make sure, and they said that they "hadn't revealed that information at this time." This was a couple of weeks ago, so has anyone heard anything? I don't want to get the DS adaptor only to find that my Wii use it to connect to the internet...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Let's see, I make about $350-$450 a pay check.
If I save up $70 from each check between now and launch day, I will have $350 to spend.

Console, Twilight Princess, a VC controller, and a couple VC games (Sonic and TJ and E)...I'll be set.

I will most definatly be lining up around 12 am - 1 am at my local game store. Oh, that reminds me... I need to find out if they're going to be selling any of them.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I found where it says it SUPPORTS Composite, S-Video and Component, but didn't see where it said it came with Component or S-Video cables.

And is DVD playback completely out? Like, there's not even the "buy an add-on for $30" option?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's completely out. Nintendo said there was no reason to include it. Gamespot has an article up on it but it's not worth reading. They say in five paragraphs what I said in two sentences.
McFox said:
Will the Wii be able to connect to the internet using the same Wireless Adaptor that the DS uses?
They haven't announced anything yet. I have a sinking suspicion I'll have to buy another adapter but I hope they will use the same one.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't really care about DVD playback. I would've used it to watch DVDs exactly 0 times.

Chill said:
They haven't announced anything yet. I have a sinking suspicion I'll have to buy another adapter but I hope they will use the same one.
The way I'm thinking, if the DS uses the adaptor to go on the internet, and the Wii can connect to the DS wirelessly and automatically, then they should get onto the internet similarly, or else the Wii could just go online through the DS or something.

I'm not buying anything until Nintendo commits on this one.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I don't really care about DVD playback.
I've heard many accounts of gamers' PS2s DVD drives breaking because of it. Most people already own a DVD player, so I don't see the point, especially with the new wave of Blue-Ray discs.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I was actually looking forward to Rayman Raving Rabbids, but now that I heard it's nothing but mini-games, I'm not interested. I was hoping it was gonna be an adventure game like Rayman 2.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
primusfan, please stop posting your sig with every post. If you don't have as many lines of text as your sig takes up, I'm going to give you an infraction. There's no need to post it with all the short replies you've been making in this topic.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace

lol Let's see, free Wii stuff, but the possibility of never walking again... I don't know, that just doesn't seem like a good deal. On the other hand, $350 for the bundle, TP, and Rayman... that doesn't sound too bad. My brothers will be buying their own controllers, because I'll likely be paying for the console all by myself; the only game I'm planning to get off the VC is SMRPG, which I won't need the classic controller for; and I would get NFS:Carbon, but it won't be online until 2007. So I don't need that much, as if I'll have time to play just those two. The Wii Sports will be good for at least introducing the Wii to my parents, so they don't see me standing up and swinging a TV remote for apparently no reason and then give me wierd looks.

Oh, and I'm being a jerk here, but I can't stand Super Monkey Ball.

Buy hey, I think this is the first time that Cashed and I have agreed on something, about being able to use the Mii on other places besides just the Wii Sports and Music; avatar uses all over the online interfaces are nothing but common sense.

Oh btw, I reserved Rayman this afternoon, and I got a call earlier this evening from EB that said it was arriving tomorrow. That can't be right, has anyone seen any release dates for Rayman? The guy on the phone also said that he's been hearing inside the company that you won't be able to preorder until mid-October. I had no way to tell how reliable that is, though.

PS: Mario Galaxy looked awesome, and those few seconds were the best TP footage I've seen yet. It did look like Link was riding a dragon, didn't it? I wonder if that's to do with the supposed communication with animals.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'll love it if Monkey Target returns.

Also, about 200-250 stages sound good, with no "overlapping". (Some stages were in both Challenge & Story mode with just a different "theme".)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also, if the Metal Slug anthology is less than 50$, I might get it. I enjoy those, but I'd rather download just one or two of them from the VC, as opposed to buying a bunch for 50$.

kaid

Smash Master
McFox- I recal them saying when the Wifi adapter FIRST CAME OUT that it would be compatable with the Wii. I HOPE this is still good info...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They did say that, but they also said the Wii could play DVD's.

Box-art.

And guys? Don't forget WarioWare. Now THAT'S a must have!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Can't play DVD's? Oh well... That was handy, since if I ever took my PS2 to the beach or some other place with no DVD player, we could watch movies. I don't really see the reason not to include it, but it's not a big deal.

As for the wireless adapters, what's the point? I'd rather have a direct hookup via cable to the wall than rely on WiFi.

ssjmarth

Smash Cadet
I'm definetly getting a Wii when it comes out. $250 isn't too bad. I dont' care about the DVD playback. I love the Free Region thing. The system seems perfect in my eyes. Shame PS3 is gonna be so expensive and useless since most games are going to 360.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
My bit on the adaptor thing: I _highly doubt_ it will be used with the Wii. If that were the case, then the computer it's plugged into would have to be on 24h/7d. And that seems to go against the whole "always on but conserving power" thing they've been trying to keep. More than likely, it'll be another thing to plug in, which means even more wires to my room from across the house.

And yes, as Mic_128 said, WarioWare. THAT's a must have.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
My bit on the adaptor thing: I _highly doubt_ it will be used with the Wii. If that were the case, then the computer it's plugged into would have to be on 24h/7d. And that seems to go against the whole "always on but conserving power" thing they've been trying to keep. More than likely, it'll be another thing to plug in, which means even more wires to my room from across the house.
That's where a wireless, WiFi enabled router comes in.

Edit: Another thing, is a network connect window coming up for anybody else asking to connect to the nintendo press server?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Edit: Another thing, is a network connect window coming up for anybody else asking to connect to the nintendo press server?
It wasn't when he first posted the link but now it is.

PA just reminded me of something. How is WiiC24 going to work? Even if I didn't mind leaving my computer on 24/7 how is the Wii supposed to recieve any information while it's off? If the connection to the internet is severed when my computer is off keeping the Wii on wouldn't do any good either. Unless they can somehow keep the connection going I'd have to keep both my computer and Wii on in order to take advantage of WC24.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you have a wireless router you can just put your Wii in "Sleep mode" but if you use the usb adapter i guess you'd have to keep the comp on :(

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
8-bit hacker, I love you. long time.

McFox, I'm 95% it was originally said that the adaptor was compatible with Wii as well, but as someone else mentioned, they also said the Wii would play DVDs. So. To be honest though, you should just pick up a wireless router. They're around $50 - $70 and you can get a signal anywhere in your house. Whatever, though.

I really like the Mii thing, I think it's really cool. And I don't mind friend codes as long as each system only has one friend code, instead of a game-by-game basis as with the DS.

And to be honest, I'm kind of glad Nintendo pushed some games back (MP3, SMG). Honestly, most launches are terrible - the DS had SM64DS, which was decent at best, and 360 had what, PD0? That game wasn't exactly amazing. So, having Zelda at launch, plus a few extra titles like SMB and Red Steel, makes the launch a winner as far as I'm concerned. I'm already going to be ***** of all my money, I don't need a few more games to pick up.

Anyways, I'm working on editing the first page.

Edit: Because of the wonderful hi-red photos of the Wii that I have as a result of 8-bit hacker's site, I give to you a wallpaper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/AruunOfShadow/WiiWallpaper.jpg

That's all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, Aussie-nintendo rang channel 7 earlier today and confirmed that it's on Saturday now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As long as we get a powerpoint adapter ;)

EDIT:Australia, Melbourne, Sept. 15, 2006 – Nintendo will reshape the home entertainment and video game landscape with the launch of its heralded Wii™ home video game console. As part of a global launch period, Wii will arrive in Australia on December 7th. Wii will be sold as an affordable, mass-consumer product at an SRP of just $399.95. The price includes one wireless Wii Remote controller, one Nunchuk™ controller and Wii Sports.

Bit more of a punch, since $250 us = $333 Au.....

EDIT2: First boxarts.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I don't like the TP box.

Nintendo still needs to pump out the commercials and get billboards up now if they want to beat the other consoles. Nobody outside of the gaming community really knows about the Wii yet. My lecturer at uni used to work at Pandemic, and is all hyped about the PS3, but he hadn't even heard of the Wii.

Link226

Smash Ace
Nov. 19 huh? hopefully it wont b sold out b4 i wake up. Does anyone know what day is that? Hopefully im not in school that day. But wtf? $60 for a control? got****. And y is ppl bringing up PS3? Y da hell ya keep dissing it 4? No reason u have 2 b that scared of it. But wii seems like really freakin good competetion.....i think the 360 is worst system of the 3 already

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And y is ppl bringing up PS3? Y da hell ya keep dissing it 4? No reason u have 2 b that scared of it. But wii seems like really freakin good competetion.....i think the 360 is worst system of the 3 already
The 360 is the worse because it's got great online, great games and the mega package is cheaper than the core PS3....how is the 360 worse than the PS? Though you should probably post that in Console debates.

Top Bottom