• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
My first GameCube died in December 2002. The cause? Dust. The huge vents on the sides of the GameCube loved to collect dust. I haven't taken any better care of my second GameCube (though it's been put away much more, as I don't use it much), but it's still alive.

And as I've said before, you're going to get an infraction if you post your signature and it's larger than your actual post.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No, as for me, I'm waiting at a Wal-Mart. No one would really go there to buy a Wii since GS and Target are just a few blocks away. (the WM near my house is really run down) Yep, I only have to watch out for rats and ghetto people. :/

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wal*Mart should have everything for a launch. More than anywhere else probably, Nintendo will be sending hardware and software to Wal*Mart, as that's where a large majority of video games get sold.

Cort

Apple Head
I can't wait for this. But I'm not sure if I want to wait until Brawl is released, or just get it as soon on launch day... :ohwell:

primusfan

Smash Ace
I can't wait for this. But I'm not sure if I want to wait until Brawl is released, or just get it as soon on launch day... :ohwell:
If I were you, I would get it as soon as you can. There are gonna be so many great games available. Brawl isn't coming out until something like mid '07 at the latest (i think) so why would you want to wait that long?

Can't wait until Wii:psycho:

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, personally, I think Wii Sports will keep me occupied long enough until I get some more cash for other games. Just getting to know how to use the Wiimote is gonna be great. Very different from the other consoles (obviously). I'm probably gonna get Wii on launch or somewhere around launch, and get a couple of games for Christmas.

*EDIT*

To smashman90^

TP is coming out for Wii first. I don't think the GC version is coming out till '07.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
TP is coming out for Wii first. I don't think the GC version is coming out till '07.
I'll respond with a quote:

Aruun (first post of the Wii topic said:
Release date clarifications:

The GameCube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess is delayed to December 11....
Edit: Holy crap, Firelfly has 390 posts and he joined 8 days ago! I have 415 and I joined more than year ago!

The Burrito of Time

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to decide the best way to procure a system on launch day. I could go to my local EBGames or [insert other game stores exactly like EB here], or I could find a place that's NOT doing any preorder, perhaps Wal*Mart, Target, or Best Buy (I'll have to check the status of those three), and just wait outside opening morning. I'd much rather just wait outside and buy from Wal*Mart or whatever, considering I hate EB and those other places.
Me and my friends are planning on doing the same.

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
youd be suprised how little im on though. I got on for like 2 hours a day and just post everywhere.

Cashed is a ****. I make a joke about being a spammer and he sends some PM about him not taking kindly to spammers. Whatever I got 400 posts. Ill be off this forum until October 1st if I can.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Wow. This topic got real stupid real fast.

Can you get games and controllers at Wal*Mart?

Nope. They only sell systems. -_-

Firefly, it's not much of a joke if it's true. You've basically responded to every post made someone else. You're telling me you had something relevant to say every time? Look back at your posts. The're pretty much a bunch of one liners on when you'll be getting a Wii.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
If you *really* want to garauntee that Wii on launch day, but you don't have the time to camp outside WalMart or EBGames yourself, there's a sure fire way: Know someone who works the opening shift. Of course, I'm not so lucky. I'll probably preorder from EB and hope they don't screw me (They haven't so far... But I've heard horrendous stories).

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This topic got real stupid real fast.

Can you get games and controllers at Wal*Mart?

Nope. They only sell systems. -_-

Firefly, it's not much of a joke if it's true. You've basically responded to every post made someone else. You're telling me you had something relevant to say every time? Look back at your posts. The're pretty much a bunch of one liners on when you'll be getting a Wii.
I'm the king of one-liners. Maybe ill get a title one day. And one liners arent spam if theyre on topic and helping the topic.

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
We don't see eye to eye do we?
By the way, can you give me 6 points out of the blue even if I dont have any yet?

Osco Edit: You have 3 points already. You can also get 6 points for "Excessive Spam" Don't post in this topic unless you have something legitimate to say (not more info on when you're getting your Wii, you've posted that. Also, no more crap about moderation or how it works. Take that to the "Forum Disputes" board).

*Firefly*

Smash Journeyman
Well 250 american im assuming, but so far ive heard that was the correct price. Dont quote me on it but I am 99% sure that its 250$ US.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
If you *really* want to garauntee that Wii on launch day, but you don't have the time to camp outside WalMart or EBGames yourself, there's a sure fire way: Know someone who works the opening shift. Of course, I'm not so lucky. I'll probably preorder from EB and hope they don't screw me (They haven't so far... But I've heard horrendous stories).
I was originally planning to preorder from EB, I haven't had any problems with the one by my house. But I checked the day of the week for the 19th, and it's a Sunday, so I actually could camp out if I wanted to. The only thing is, the Super Wal*Mart (whoop-dee-doo) where I live is open 24 hours, so when exactly would they start selling the Wii, midnight? That would mean camping out all day in the actual store the day before, not early morning. I also thought of dropping each of my siblings at Target and [insert name of applicable store here], then just whoever manages to get one calls with a cell phone. But staying up until midnight definitely sounds better than getting up at 2 am.

EDIT: ^ Firefly, instead of not being sure, you could just look at page one, and Axel King, they said the price wouldn't exceed $250, which was probably just to get people's hopes up, anyway.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I talked to a manager at Gamestop earlier this morning, and he told me that they are basically waiting for either an email or for the console to appear on their computer's reserve list before they can start taking reserves. Also, they have to wait to see how many Wiis certain stores can reserve, since some stores will be allowed to accept more reservations than others based on customer flow. He also told me that he plans on calling people who have reserved games for the Wii to let them know they can start reserving the Wii itself. Whether this is all true or not is up for debate, but I believe that it's true for the most part.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
I went to EB games and the manager there said all EB managers in Tx(thats where im from) need to go to a meeting in dallas in the next 2 weeks before anything Wii can be reserved. and she did say the controlers and games and stuff will come before the console, she said it helped a ton on the 360 mad dash.

are u happy cash? i posted something bigger than me sig.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Why would it be 250$ When every and i mean every Nintendo System ever sold in america has always been 200 flat. It was like that with the cube and the same with the 64. I dont think it should really change that much. What was it that i heard that a controller by it self would cost like 50$?

Top Bottom