• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why would it be 250$ When every and i mean every Nintendo System ever sold in america has always been 200 flat.
Because Nintendo said that's how much they're going to sell it for.

I dont think it should really change that much.
It hasn't changed much.

What was it that i heard that a controller by it self would cost like 50$?
Look at the first page, it's got all the pricing info.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I love seeing Mic pithily refute bad arguments and ridiculous statements. [waits for an infraction PM from Cashed] I don't care how much every Nin console has released for, more expensive tech and inflation only bringing it up $50 I'd say is pretty good.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Electronic's Boutique has that same idea as Gamestop for calling people who've reserved games for the Wii when the system itself will first be able to be preordered (shocking as that might sound). Though I might try to look around and see what other places are going to sell their games and such for, because taking a look at what they want for the games ($70 for Zelda, $65 for SMB; Canadian prices), it's the price I would have anticipated for three games instead of two, and that might set it over how much money I have to spend on getting set up. Despite the "$50 max price" Big N said they'd have was refering to American prices, there shouldn't be that much of a discrepency up here.

I love seeing Mic pithily refute bad arguments and ridiculous statements.
Yup. Not sure if he finds it as halarious as the rest of us though.

And The Great Marth, you were about two lines short. And that's including the double enter plus useless line. You really should chop off the bottom half of the upper torso so the Sig's a bit smaller.

EDIT: About the classic controller, I've even seen people say $10. I'll take a look at some of the random sites people have been quoting for something concrete.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Ya, $20 does seem a bit cheap, but I've looked at quite a few different sites (including the official Wii site and some sites that reported on the press releaces) and have found nothing about what the controller will cost. Hopefully someone with other sources I've overlooked can help us out.

kaid

Smash Master
$20 is reasonable, given all the expencive parts are in the Wiimote, and they can gut us on the VC games's cost, (Pure profit) so don't need to inflate the peripheral's price like everything else.

primusfan

Smash Ace
to smashman90 ^^

This list shows games that are confirmed and rumored for launch.

Title: Company

Confirmed launch titles
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft Romania Ubisoft
Call of Duty 3 Treyarch Activision
Elebits Konami Konami
Excite Truck Nintendo Nintendo
Far Cry: Vengeance Ubisoft Ubisoft
GT Pro Series MTO Ubisoft
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Nintendo Nintendo
Madden NFL 07 EA Canada EA Sports
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Raven Software Activision
Monster 4x4 World Circuit Ubisoft Ubisoft
Need for Speed: Carbon EA Black Box Electronic Arts
Open Season Ubisoft Ubisoft
Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft Montpellier Ubisoft
Rapala Tournament Fishing Activision Activision
Red Steel Ubisoft Paris Ubisoft
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Sega Sega
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent Ubisoft Montreal Ubisoft
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Toys For Bob Activision
Trauma Center: Second Opinion Atlus Atlus
Wii Sports Nintendo Nintendo
World Series of Poker Activision Activision
Rumored for Launch
The Ant Bully Midway Games Midway
Avatar: The Last Airbender THQ THQ
Blitz: The League Midway Games Midway Games
Bust a Move Revolution Majesco Majesco
Cars Rainbow Studios THQ
Dance Factory Codemasters Codemasters
Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action Buena Vista Games Buena Vista Games
Disney's Meet the Robinsons Buena Vista Games Buena Vista Games
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Spike Atari
The Godfather: The Game Electronic Arts EA
Gottlieb Pinball Classics System 3 System 3
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Midway Games Midway
Happy Feet Midway Games Midway
Ice Age 2: The Meltdown Vivendi Vivendi
Leaderboard System 3 System 3
Metal Slug Anthology SNK Playmore SNK Playmore
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Midway Games Midway
Prince of Persia Ubisoft Ubisoft
Sidewinder Codemasters Codemasters
Sonic and the Secret Rings Sega Sega
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab THQ THQ
SSX Electronic Arts EA
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ubisoft Ubisoft
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Electronic Arts EA
WarioWare: Smooth Moves Nintendo Nintendo

Zink

Smash Champion
My mom went to EB, and they gave her a list of launch games. Although it has odd things, like listing Zelda as hitting the 20th, and have some game called "Sonic Secret Rings" hitting March 7 2007.:dizzy:

Skywalker

Space Jump
. . . "Sonic Secret Rings" hitting March 7 2007.:dizzy:

Secret Rings
is a Sonic platformer that aspires to be like the side-scrolling ones (no camera problems). Apparently Sonic Team changed the name from "Wild Fire" to "Secret Rings." Meh.:ohwell:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Try not to double post Legendary Kirby: smash "child"

Anyways, pic:

From Nintendo Power coming soon. Sorry for bad quality.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
*drools*

$20 for the VC controller seems reasonable: It's seems to be using the same technology as the GCN controller. We really shouldn't be paying $30 for last generations tech - Especially when it doesn't work without the $40 main controller. I'm guessing all peripherals will be 20 bucks.
As for the $70 Canadian game prices, it seems reasonable: Aren't Canadian dollars worth a third less than USD?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
From what I understand, Australia also has free health care. I'll trade you right now, straight across. Free health care for 40$ less for games.

primusfan

Smash Ace
$100 for a game in Australia? Thats seems very pricey (no duh). This is a little off topic, but how much is $100 Australian dollars equal to in US dollars?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
$100, ouch. What's the exchange between that and USD? (Still agree with McFox on free health care in the long run. When hospitals and drug companies that are in cahoots with the President don't bleed you dry, it's amazing how much money you could have left.)

I wouldn't really call the classic controller last gen's tech, if only because it has to be compatible with the Wiimote, i.e., more than just a Wavebird. Thirty buck would still seem steep to me though, especially if I can use the GC in SSBB. Can't we still use the Wiimote for some VC games, or is that only the classic controller? I don't think it even looks very comfortable, if you have analog sticks you need to have something more to grip than just a SNES controller. Whether I buy one or not depends on the answers to those questions.

EDIT: Sorry, primusfan posted while I was typing; I had to do a little quick research.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
How much are games in Europe on average? I'm wondering because of how the USD has dropped so much, and the Euro is worth so much more.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I'm repeating myself, but...
Still agree with McFox on free health care in the long run. When hospitals and drug companies that are in cahoots with the President don't bleed you dry, it's amazing how much money you could have left.
I'm sure it costs less in taxes than it does in capitalism.

And someone a few pages back who I remember was in Texas said the GS manager by him said all the managers have to go to a meeting in Dallas about the launches. I'm in Florida, and the manager of the EB in my area just said the same thing, so that must mean it's either company wide, or just a very large regional meeting, but they said there'll be Wii games playable, so it could be larger than region.

Skywalker

Space Jump
***Bump***

After a bit of thinking, since both Corruption and Brawl won't be available at launch, I've decided to wait for the Wii.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'm definitely interested in games like Twilight Princess and Raving Rabbids; it's just that I'm low on money.

Top Bottom