• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Rayman doesn't interest me. Monkey Ball does. As does Twilight Princess, although I still can't see the advantages of Wii TP over GC TP...

Skywalker

Space Jump
... I still can't see the advantages of Wii TP over GC TP...
For starters, the Wii version has innovative control with items such as the Bow and Spin Attack; I've heard from a few sources that the control is intuitive.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well thanks for all of your informative posts, but I'm completely aware of what the difference are. I'm not convinced that Wii TP is the superior control scheme.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Once Nintendo releases the Wii demo stations, I'm 99% sure that we'll find out how well the Twilight Princess control scheme works with the Wiimote.

EDIT: Primusfan, McFox wasn't being sarcastic.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Black was released on the PS2 and Xbox on February 28th and there have been no announcements for a Wii port yet(a check from Gamestop tells me).

Skywalker

Space Jump
I reluctantly admit that I'm a Metroid fanboy. However, I firmly believe the 2007 delay is for a good cause.

Zink

Smash Champion
WELL... My mom went to EB to reserve Excite Truck + TP... and we got some interesting information...
Item 1- they still don't know how many Wiis they will get and so you can't preorder yet, although after this meeting in Texas we'll call again and see.
Item 2- the controllers and games are actually being released about a week before the acutal system! Isn't that odd?
Item 3- you can preorder controllers of all types now, although probably you shouldn't do it till you know exactly which store you are getting a Wii from.
And that's it... although that link Khorsan gave predicts as many as a million Wiis in NA at launch, I still want to preorder. Better safe than sorry.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Wii TP is still not in final form. I'm not buying either version until I read a review of each.
As much as I would prefer the GCN controls, since I have been expecting the last classic 3d Zelda before the new and different Zelda Miyamoto hinted at after this one (and then proceeded to try to kill two birds with one game - bad form), I think the fishing controls might be enough to push me over the edge. Plus I have a sneaking suspicion that it will actually look better on the Wii. I don't know if the Gamecube is capable of the light bloom that you can see in the latest screens and videos. As long as they keep the controls fairly true to the other games, I'll probably get it for Wii.

I guess I'm done talking about TP in the Wii topic now.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It's not that I'm a Zelda fanboy... Hell, I never owned my own copy of OoT (although I rented it and beat it in a week), but I've seriously never played a bad Zelda game. If it's bad in comparison to OoT or A Link to the Past, oh well. It's still a **** good game. I don't think TP can possibly be a dud, nor do I think it very likely that it will truley live up to OoT and Link to the Past.

As for the million units at launch: That's good news for gamers and for Nintendo. And in the end, what's good for Nintendo is good for us (More money = better games, right? Or maybe it means new mansion for Myamato).

Skywalker

Space Jump
You enjoyed The Adventure of Zelda?! Some of the games truely sucked, but then again, Phillips published it, not Nintendo. MM is my favorite game from the The Legend of Zelda and I'll be overjoyed if Nintendo creates a remake of it.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
You enjoyed The Adventure of Zelda?! Some of the games truely sucked, but then again, Phillips published it, not Nintendo. MM is my favorite game from the The Legend of Zelda and I'll be overjoyed if Nintendo creates a remake of it.
Haven't played that one. I've played the original, MM, OoT, Wind Waker, Link to the Past, and bits and pieces of those more recent ones that came out on the gameboy (some of my friends had them). They were all at least decent.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind seeing a MM sequel, as long as they changed the saving mechanism, or didn't include the whole three-days-to-the-end-of-the-world shtick. But that was an integral part of the mind blowing story, so... I guess I just wanted the story without the headaches of trying to save. I've never thought of myself as a Zelda fanboy, but... I guess I could technically be classified as one. Now, to actually be on topic, I'm sure the demo stations will arrive in stores before the games come out, so if I hate WTP, I'll just cancel that preorder, and switch it back over the GCTP. Why is everyone making such an issue out of it? It's not that hard. I'm sure FDV is right about it looking better on Wii, though. I know I'm normally the first to say in here that graphics are as important to a game's value as rocket science is to a slug, but I've been waiting for a realistic Zelda like this, and the more the better.

And McFox, I really can't believe you'd take monkies in hampster balls over throwing the hammer with cows, shooting maniacal rabbits with plungers, and sneaking through the rabbits' public bathroom Snake-style. But hey, that's just me. =l

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
And you must know this because of your exclusive, hands-on access to it, yes? Wow, your dubious testimony and blatant fanboyism has certainly made TP seem infinitely more attractive to me now than ever before.

I must preorder TP forthwith, and nothing shall hinder me. Thank you for convincing me, Marthmaster.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I preordered TP and Red Steel... I'm not so sure Red Steel will be good, but it's the only decent looking FPS coming out in the launch window - Far Cry looks pretty good, but Red Steel may get some online multiplayer in the future.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
the controllers and games are actually being released about a week before the acutal system! Isn't that odd?
Every system launches like that. I bought two GameCube controllers weeks before I bought my GameCube on launch day. I bought three 360 games and a play 'n charge kit before I got my 360 launch day. It's really pointless because you just sit there with it... but yeah, it's very common.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Every system launches like that. I bought two GameCube controllers weeks before I bought my GameCube on launch day. I bought three 360 games and a play 'n charge kit before I got my 360 launch day. It's really pointless because you just sit there with it... but yeah, it's very common.

Pointless? Blasphemy! I really want to rob someone at Wii-point with one, just to see if I could. Anyway, they do it so that there isn't as big a rush and wait-times to ring up all the Wii stuff people will be getting on Launch day.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's also so that people buy games and controllers early so then when they can't get a Wii they've already bought the other stuff they wouldn't have bought had they missed out on the actual console.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It also makes it seem like you're spending less money, even though you're not, if you spread your purchases around.

For instance, the 360 HD-DVD player is $200. That seems very cheap to me, considering how much other HD-DVD players cost. However, add that to the cost of the 360, and it's suddenly $600 and $500, the same as the PS3.

Top Bottom