• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Please don't post twice in a row. We have an Edit button.

And it took a while for the Gamecube to get to 99$. I'm not saying it won't happen, but if you want to play the system anytime within the first two years of its release, you'll likely have to pay more.

And if it really takes off and everyone starts buying it, they won't have to lower the price by that much very quickly.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Well there wouldn't be a point to that package then :confused:
When you posted the idea about including Wii Sports and an extra controller, you only meant that one package could be released. I was thinking "two packages with one including what you mentioned".
I don't think nintendo will be making different versions like sony and microsoft simply because it's confusing for a lot of consumers.
Common sense will tell the consumers to look at a small chart -- that's what retailers did for the 360.

EDIT

McFox said:
And it took a while for the Gamecube to get to 99$. I'm not saying it won't happen, but if you want to play the system anytime within the first two years of its release, you'll likely have to pay more.

And if it really takes off and everyone starts buying it, they won't have to lower the price by that much very quickly.
I estimate that Nintendo will successfully sell many Wii units, so it won't drop in price any time soon. Besides, rumors are saying that the Wii will be dirt cheap.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
When you posted the idea about including Wii Sports and an extra controller, you only meant that one package could be released. I was thinking "two packages with one including what you mentioned".

Common sense will tell the consumers to look at a small chart -- that's what retailers did for the 360.
ya, but when a company makes a bundle it usually has something that makes it worth being a bundle... otherwise you may as well just buy it separately lol.

Separate packages is something that microsoft and sony have introduced this gen and I just don't see nintendo following that trend. Reatailers might make different types of bundles, but Nintendo most likely won't.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Eww... Elder Scrolls.

Do any of you think that you're going to be horrible with the Wii's new controls? I've always been on top of the video food chain around here, but it is very likely a four year old could beat me. I have no hand-eye coordination, and I cant even beat level five of Duck Hunt from two feet away.:( Worries...

primusfan

Smash Ace
I'm sure with practice (and patience), we'll all master the control. Of course it'll be weird at first, but it's just a controller. It'll be cool.

Zink

Smash Champion
I beat so many levels of Duck Hunt it started looping.
I really doubt a lot of the stuff in that article. For one thing, Oblivion- a 360 and PC exclusive game, I believe. Unlikely MS would let it on the Wii. GCN games being patched to support Wiimote? Would require revamping from the ground up. Very unlikely.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I don't like the news about old games being revamped - I don't want Nintendo wasting games I either already have, or don't have them for a **** good reason. I guess I can see some of the absolute classics that salvaged the GCN from an otherwise embarrassing lifetime (Smash, Metroid, etc.), but not... Every game.

However, I'm happy to hear that the Wii is easy to build engines for: Less time making your game work with a 7 core processor (I won't justify it by saying 8 since 7 is the minimum and more common yield) and more time making your game fun, or even... shiney. Cheaper games, maybe better games - Sure, they won't look as nice, but who cares? If I want good looking games, I play on my PC.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I don't like the news about old games being revamped - I don't want Nintendo wasting games I either already have, or don't have them for a **** good reason.
I agree. Why waste money remaking old games when they could be making brand new series or more games in a franchise (Mario, DK, Mario, and Mario).

*Edit*

Is anyone going to the Nintendo Fusion Tour? I wanna see some Wii stuff but I don't want to see the bands playing (I don't like any of them).

chalupa

Smash Cadet
NNID
TacoShell
3DS FC
3265-5071-3854
actually im planing on going to the fusion tour in ft. laurdredale. (oct 15). I like the bands and the tickets only cost around $30 each. id pay just 4 the music or just for the games but both.......
THATS SEXY!!!!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Thats what it is. I'll go if there's gonna be playable Wii games. I just don't like any of the bands playing. Can't stand emo. But if they let us actually play the Wii, i'll gladly go.
Yeah, I can't really stand emo either, but it's not surprising if you're a big Primus fan. Emo kids just say "screw Xbox/ I play old school Nintendo", anyway. (That's from a song, because I really doubt that everyone has "The Emo Song.") But to be able to play Wii games before they come out, $30 doesn't sound too bad...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo have stated that there will be new games shown at their conference, and that the Wii production problems were just rumor and that all's fine.

primusfan

Smash Ace
i like the classic style controller better, does anyone know if that is coming out for a fact?
Yeah, it's coming out, I don't know if it'll be out at launch though. It's also only gonna be used for the Virtual Console games. It'll probably end up being used for more than that though. I can picture it being used in a Wii game somewhere.

greenblob

Smash Lord
VC controller: I don't really like it. I prefer the GC controller. The VC controller looks fine for playing SNES games, but the awkward positioning of the left analog stick kills it for N64 and newer games. It'd be almost perfect if the left analog stick and the D-pad were switched around, similar to the GC controller.

Skywalker

Space Jump
VC controller: I don't really like it. I prefer the GC controller. The VC controller looks fine for playing SNES games, but the awkward positioning of the left analog stick kills it for N64 and newer games. It'd be almost perfect if the left analog stick and the D-pad were switched around, similar to the GC controller.
Personally, I think the controller is perfect, and it's the best one Nintendo has made in years (next to the Wiimote, of course).

primusfan

Smash Ace
Well, I didn't really like it the first time I saw it either. But now I look foward to playing games with that contoller. Old games in a new way.

Donutt101 said:
Personally, I think the controller is perfect, and it's the best one Nintendo has made in years (next to the Wiimote, of course).
Well, I wouldn't call it perfect, but I definitely think it's going to be great.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Well, I wouldn't call it perfect, but I definitely think it's going to be great.
Well, I guess "perfect" was a bit of an overstatement; the shape could use a little bit of improvement. Otherwise, yeah, it'll be great!

Top Bottom