• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Skywalker

Space Jump
They obviously felt a bit miffed about MP:2 getting worse scores than MP1 Because "multiplayer sucked" so they got marked down for even having it (and it wasn't that bad, maybe if they made hacker mode like it was suposed to do, disable weapons, trap people in morph ball, ect)

I doubt we'd see MP3 have multiplayer. Maybe Metroid Prime Hunters Wii....
Multiplayer didn't by any means suck; it was a nice bonus that you didn't have to play. Critics by far underrated Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. Nearly every thing was improved on; level design . . . enemies . . . weapons. It towered above Prime 1 in terms of quality, and I don't understand how others don't see it. It may just be me, a Metroid fanboy, but Prime 2 is my Metroid favorite next to Super Metroid. Sorry if I was ranting a bit.
dear lord you are all idiots.

Paranoid Android, just stop talking. 90% of that information is wrong.
A wise moderator once said, "people should look up 'logic' before posting".

EDIT
Chill said:
To Donut: I find it interesting that your sig previously said 'Live user and Halo fan' but now reads 'Wii fan and Metroid fan'. I hope the boards didn't make you feel like you needed to conform to fit in.
It's a long story -- and would be classified as "off-topic" -- but let me assure you it has nothing to do with conforming. If you're curious, just PM me.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's a long story -- and would be classified as "off-topic" -- but let me assure you it has nothing to do with conforming. If you're curious, just PM me.
That's fine. It's just that I often see people berated by other members because they like a system other than the Wii. I thought that might have been the case here.

Carry on. :D

One more thing. The 2 ports are for SD cards(for memory) not flash memory.

Eaode

Smash Champion
But that flap is still really big. Have you seen an SD card? They're incredibly thin and small, aren't they? It's possible that they kept the flap big for asthetic reasons, but I doubt it. There has to be something else there, and I thought they would reveal it at E3 (But when people were able to touch the Wiis, the flaps were locked somehow).

:mad:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
IGN's Wii editor has already seen under the flaps. There is nothing there except the synchro button and SD ports. Sorry but the final secret(if one exist) is not a 3D projector hidden under the flap.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
To: Paranoid_Android
Incorrect. If wavebird recievers don't fit it just means that they are not compatible with the Wii without an adaptor. The Wii does not have a built in Wavebird reciever.

I wouldn't know for sure but it makes sense considering stuff can become warped in sunlight.
I read in a "GamePro" magazine that came a month ago that WaveBird reception was a built in function of the Wii - I remember this distinctly as being correct because I had worried that I would have to sand down my wavebird recievers to fit into the top of the Wii. Unless the magazine got their information wrong - but that's not my problem.

The sunlight and flourescent lights comment was in the same issue.

kaid

Smash Master
pull out your wavebird recever. there should be a grey ring around the base of the plug. This is flush with the most inward-curved point of the rest of the mount, and would allow the Wavebird recever to be used in the Wii.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Although the fact that the Wii also uses Bluetooth would indicate to me that it wouldn't too hard for the Wii to pick up on Wavebird Bluetooth signals in addition to Wiimote ones. But hey, I don't actually know. :p

Skywalker

Space Jump
Although the fact that the Wii also uses Bluetooth would indicate to me that it wouldn't too hard for the Wii to pick up on Wavebird Bluetooth signals in addition to Wiimote ones. But hey, I don't actually know. :p
I had no idea the Wii features Bluetooth. My question is, will Bluetooth dramatically increase the price? I've seen pricetags on many Bluetooth accessories, and they're not for the consumer with a budget in mind.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
... The Wii uses Bluetooth? I thought it was the same as the Wavebird and 360, radio frequencies.

And I'm going to start giving out Signature Violation infractions for people using their huge sigs while posting only a line or two, kaid and primusfan. If your sig is larger than what you're going to post: turn it off.

Link226

Smash Ace
Does anybody know y da hell did nintendo change it all of a sudden? First it was nintendo revolution and it was black. Then they made the name worse and they changed the color..lookin really similar 2 the X-box 360...i hate that they did that it looks like they copyed the color..

Under $250!!!?? :) :) :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's still in black, there's photo's of it. Looks awsome, but white's the new black. ipods, DS, even PSP's are all white now.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Does anybody know y da hell did nintendo change it all of a sudden? First it was nintendo revolution and it was black. Then they made the name worse and they changed the color..lookin really similar 2 the X-box 360...i hate that they did that it looks like they copyed the color..

Under $250!!!?? :) :) :)
The console was known by the codename of "Revolution" until immediately prior to E3 2006. The suitability of the final name has been a subject of debate among some consumers and industry members. Nintendo spells "Wii" with two "i"s to imply an image of players gathering together, as well as to represent the console's controllers. Nintendo has given many reasons for its choice of name since its announcement; however, the most well known is: Wii

Wii sounds like 'we,' which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii. -wikipedia.com

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
A wise moderator once said, "people should look up 'logic' before posting"..
A wise BRoomer once said, "once you're a vet you recieve the inherent ability to be a pompous *** and get away with it."

However, 90% was an exaggeration, and I didn't mean to come off quite so condescendingly.

To correct Android though, wavebird recievers do fit in the controller ports, and as a result they are not built into the hardware. Also, the the flap houses a synchro button and SD Card slots, not the flash memory that's built into the system. And there have been no reports (at least that I've seen anywhere) that show a strong lightsource could make the control go wonky.

That was all. Pardon for being too lazy to point out your mistakes the first time around.

EDIT: Oh yes, and thank you for pointing out that the controllers use bluetooth, despite the fact that it so nicely says it in the first post that nobody apparently reads.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Revolution was the codename for wii just like project dolphin was the codename for N64.

Edit: I just now saw this question was just responded to so I will add something else. Nintendo probably want charge for use of bluetooth given they don't charge you for Wi-Fi.

V Edit2: Whoops sorry. Yeah Dolphin=Gamecube.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Revolution was the codename for wii just like project dolphin was the codename for N64.

Edit: I just now saw this question was just responded to so I will add something else. Nintendo probably want charge for use of bluetooth given they don't charge you for Wi-Fi.
Correction, Dolphin was codename for Gamecube. :)

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo probably want charge for use of bluetooth given they don't charge you for Wi-Fi.
That, my dear, makes no sense. Bluetooth is merely wireless technology. You do not pay a fee. It does the exact same thing the signals of the 360 wireless controllers do. Just differently. Nintendo will not be "charging" anyone to use it.

Skywalker

Space Jump
A wise BRoomer once said, "once you're a vet you recieve the inherent ability to be a pompous *** and get away with."
I never acted like a pompous ***. I simply stated what the great McFox once said, and I find it hard to criticize someone that is trying to spread wisdom, to improve SmashBoards. EDIT: I degress, it wasn't a smart decision to waste an entire post for the sake of trying to correct someone. I'm trying to decrease off-topic posts . . . especially the ones I occasionally make. No hard feelings.

Anyways, what exactly is Bluetooth technology? I realize it's wireless, and advanced, but what is the difference? Is it just an advertised brand name, or something unique all together?

Skywalker

Space Jump
Yeah, I just got a little mixed up in my wording.

Here, wikipdia can explain it better than anyone here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth
So, Bluetooth is cheap? That explains Nintendo's use of it in the Wii. They want it to be budget-friendly, something the PS3 is currently lacking. It appears that Sony's aiming for the high-class, as I definitely won't be able to afford a PS3.

primusfan

Smash Ace
So, Bluetooth is cheap? That explains Nintendo's use of it in the Wii. They want it to be budget-friendly, something the PS3 is currently lacking. It appears that Sony's aiming for the high-class, as I definitely won't be able to afford a PS3.
Exactly. Nintendo is thinking smart and keeping the Wii at a reasonable price, therefore more people will buy Wii and that means more $$ for Nintendo.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I never acted like a pompous ***. I simply stated what the great McFox once said, and I find it hard to criticize someone that is trying to spread wisdom, to improve SmashBoards. EDIT: I degress, it wasn't a smart decision to waste an entire post for the sake of trying to correct someone. I'm trying to decrease off-topic posts . . . especially the ones I occasionally make. No hard feelings.
He was talking about himself.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord

Anyways, what exactly is Bluetooth technology? I realize it's wireless, and advanced, but what is the difference? Is it just an advertised brand name, or something unique all together?
I'm pretty sure he was talking about himself, although he contradicted his pompous *** statement by explaining himself properly. I enjoy pompous assholism, including myself as a target, as long as it is well placed.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't try so hard.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I've discovered an interesting game for the Wii.
He was talking about himself.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about himself, although he contradicted his pompous *** statement by explaining himself properly. I enjoy pompous assholism, including myself as a target, as long as it is well placed.
Don't try so hard.
I appreciated the empathy you three showed for me -- thanks. (By the way, yes I contradicted myself, and I'll try to improve.)

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but nobody really commented on it. But yeah, KOTOR 3 on Wii with real-time lightsaber battling with the wiimote would kick so much ***.

Top Bottom