• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

primusfan

Smash Ace
I don't remember Nintendo announcing flaps. They're probably there, so maybe they'll house wireless recievers for the Wii-mote?
The wiimotes do not have any kind of receivers. They're completely wireless. If you didn't know already, the flap on the top houses GC controller ports and 2 GC memory card slots. I think everybody else is discussing the big flap on the front of the console next to the disc drive. I don't know what that it.:confused:

Skywalker

Space Jump
The wiimotes do not have any kind of receivers. They're completely wireless. If you didn't know already, the flap on the top houses GC controller ports and 2 GC memory card slots. I think everybody else is discussing the big flap on the front of the console next to the disc drive. I don't know what that it.:confused:
Okay, I get it now.
I'm positive all Wiimotes are wireless, and I remeber seeing a picture somewhere with the GC contoller ports exposed. They were on top of the console......I think.
What I mean is a reciever similar to the Wavebird one. What if there were multiple Wiis in one room (an unlikly possibility, but still . . .)?
Under the flaps is GC controller and memory ports.
Thanks.
I wonder if all of the Wii games are gonna require the Wiimote. I mean some might be better with the Wiimote and some might be better without the Wiimote.
I believe Brawl is rumored to use the GCN controller.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wiimotes don't have receivers blah blah blah
Okay, I get it now.

Wiimotes don't have receivers blah blah blah
What I mean is a reciever similar to the Wavebird one.
Apparently you don't get it. Wiimotes do not have receivers. That means that they don't have receivers. Not even receivers like Wavebird ones, because those are receivers, of which the Wiimotes have none. Understand now? :p

The XBox 360 does it just fine. I don't exactly know the mechanics, but I know that it works.

I believe Brawl is rumored to use the GCN controller.
It's not really a rumor, Sakurai said "Keep your Gamecube controller."

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
The XBox 360 does it just fine. I don't exactly know the mechanics, but I know that it works.

Allow me. Think of the NES game Ducks. You have a super scope that shoots at the screen and the game records a hit or miss. The way it works is the game checks to the to see where you shot. The screen turns black for maybe a millisecond to tell whether it is a hit or a miss. The screen turning black so fast not even a cat's brain can react fast enough to catch it.

I'm assuming it will be programmed into the system and not exactly the same as checking for a hit but rather checking for motion. I'm going off on a tangent but as the technology ameliorates, so do the programs and systems so this may not be completely accurate.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
There's a receiver built into the 360 that accepts wireless signals on the same frequency when you push the "bind" button on both the 360 and the controller. The device in the 360 has the potential to have 20 devices connected to it, though only 4 controllers can be connected wirelessly.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Allow me. Think of the NES game Ducks. You have a super scope that shoots at the screen and the game records a hit or miss. The way it works is the game checks to the to see where you shot. The screen turns black for maybe a millisecond to tell whether it is a hit or a miss. The screen turning black so fast not even a cat's brain can react fast enough to catch it.
Well, that's how a lightgun works. It's not how a wireless controller works though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, the Duck Hunt gun had a cord, which is how it sent information to the console. The Wiimote sends that information, but wireless. It's really like any controller, except without the cord. It's got nothing to do with light guns.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I liked Duck Doom better than Duck hunt and I don't like wireless controllers that much. Corded controllers always respond, but wireless you have to have them a certain way maybe it's just me, but wireless controllers seem like more of a hinderence then a help.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I also heard about Brawl using the GCN controller. I think that they need to make a new Duck Hunt game for the Wii, considering that there has been only one duck hunt game so far. I know that it will be on the virtual console most likely but I think it is time for another one thanks to the Wii's controllers.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Duck Doom was just a remake so there has been atleast two "Duck Hunt" games. Duck Doom was Duck Hunt just with more weapons and a little better graphics just a little though. Same system as Duck Hunt I think so you know there wasn't any big changes.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Oh well. I also have a question that has been puzzling me. Will Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars be on the virtual console? Because Square helped in making the game, wouldn't Nintendo have to pay Square to have the game on there?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No, the game still belongs to Nintendo. Some characters and etc. belong to Square, but the game itself is still in Nintendo's possession. The characters and etc. are already a part of the game, which Nintendo owns.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I also heard about Brawl using the GCN controller. I think that they need to make a new Duck Hunt game for the Wii, considering that there has been only one duck hunt game so far. I know that it will be on the virtual console most likely but I think it is time for another one thanks to the Wii's controllers.
I'm almost positive there's one in development.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Good. Nintendo and Square need to make another Mario RPG because the game was good and if they made another, it could do well also. It just seems like that there is a lot of old good games like Mario RPG, Super Metroid, and any of the old Legend of Zelda games(except for the phillips ones) that needs to be remade. I think we are starting to get off topic here.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Really, they need to make more Paper Mario games. Even though I still think Super Paper Mario will be great, I wanna see another Paper Mario game for Wii.

smashman90

Smash Lord
They need to make either more sequels to games like paper mario or do remakes of old good games or both. They wouldn't have to be on the Wii though like they could be for the ds but they are being played on the Wii. Alright now this is starting to get kinda off topic.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I prefer new games to remakes. Sequels are good to a point, but I don't just want sequel after sequel.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Updating series from console to console is practicly a Nintendo tradition (for most games). There will always be another Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Smash. This is because they dont have that much to lose and the games are going to sell because of their fanbases. The worst they can do is mess up a title. *caugh* Starfox *caugh*

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The "Flap" on the top can be opened to reveal 4 GCN controller ports and 2 GCN memory card ports.

The Wii has a sort of WaveBird reciever built into it (notice that the top is flat, while the GCN is curved? Wavebird revievers wouldn't fit).

The "Flap" on the front contains 2 ports of some sort (Flash memory, or something like that), and the Synchronize button (for controllers, read further).

The wiimote knows where it is pointing because of a sensor bar you play over or under your TV. There is a calibration function that prompts you to point at 2 points on the screen. It is not a light gun...

The Wii controllers know which console in a room full of consoles they belong to because of a Syncronize button placed both on the Wii and the Wiimote (under the battery thing).

There was also something about the pointer in the Wiimote sensing a 1024*768 resolution picture, which led to rumors about a camera being contained in the Wiimote. It could just be used for knowing where it is, etc., though.

Oh yeah, and the Wiimote (or rather, the sensor bar) can get disturbances from strong light sources and stuff of that sort, so I wouldn't set it next to an open window with the sun pouring down on it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I prefer new games to remakes. Sequels are good to a point, but I don't just want sequel after sequel.
Here, here.

I'm a little worried about this no online affect on some games. It's kind of sad that I have to hope they get delayed to include an online mode. Crystal Chornicles will be nothing without online.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, I won't buy Crystal Chronicles 2 if online play isn't included.

When I think about it, there's really no third party games aside from Crystal Chronicles 2 that I want. As of now, anyways. I expect there to be many in the future. Infact, there are only 3 made Nintendo titles I want, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports and Mario Galaxies. Looks like the no third party online titles until 2007 thing won't have an impact on me unless FFCC2 comes out before 2007.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Yeah, I won't buy Crystal Chronicles 2 if online play isn't included.

When I think about it, there's really no third party games aside from Crystal Chronicles 2 that I want. As of now, anyways. I expect there to be many in the future. Infact, there are only 3 made Nintendo titles I want, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports and Mario Galaxies. Looks like the no third party online titles until 2007 thing won't have an impact on me unless FFCC2 comes out before 2007.
You forgot Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.:laugh:

I really don't care if none of the launch titles don't feature online play. As long as Brawl features online smashing, I'm happy.:)

Zink

Smash Champion
The original CC was amazing, with almost 360-level graphics, but with online it'd be so much better. Who carries the bucket? :)
MP3 looks very good, I got the first 2 and was very satisfied. I really want to see how the story plays out, and in a recent NP Retro mentioned they're considering online multiplayer as a downloadable thing.

Skywalker

Space Jump
MP3 looks very good, I got the first 2 and was very satisfied. I really want to see how the story plays out, and in a recent NP Retro mentioned they're considering online multiplayer as a downloadable thing.
I want Metroid Prime 3 too, but in Nintendo Power, one person from Retro Studios mentioned that "we are going to focus our efforts on Single-Player". In a sense, that means little or no multiplayer. Unless they're thinking of taking co-op online. . . .

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They obviously felt a bit miffed about MP:2 getting worse scores than MP1 Because "multiplayer sucked" so they got marked down for even having it (and it wasn't that bad, maybe if they made hacker mode like it was suposed to do, disable weapons, trap people in morph ball, ect)

I doubt we'd see MP3 have multiplayer. Maybe Metroid Prime Hunters Wii....

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
They obviously felt a bit miffed about MP:2 getting worse scores than MP1 Because "multiplayer sucked" so they got marked down for even having it (and it wasn't that bad, maybe if they made hacker mode like it was suposed to do, disable weapons, trap people in morph ball, ect)

I doubt we'd see MP3 have multiplayer. Maybe Metroid Prime Hunters Wii....
Metroid Prime 3 is suppose to be the last game in the series. After that Retro Studios plans to work on other games that are original. I cannot disagree with them there. If they could turn the metroid series from 3rd person to 1st person and make it look good, imagine what they could do with there own original games. It is hard to imagine such a small team can make such awesome games. They have got some really great people working there.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Metroid Prime 3 is the last of the trilogy, it is not the final Metroid or Metroid Prime game that they are gonna make. They could still do other Metroid Prime games like another Metroid Prime Hunters game. I too hope that Brawl will have online play.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer

smashman90

Smash Lord
Even though I liked the Metroid Prime games, I still prefer the 2-d games. I have a feeling that MP3 is gonna be the best of the Metroid Prime games. I wonder if the games for the virtual console will only be Nintendo games? I know that there isn't Nintendo games on the turbografix but will the games from the Nintendo consoles like the snes be only Nintendo games or not?

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
dear lord you are all idiots.

Paranoid Android, just stop talking. 90% of that information is wrong.

I must concur with cashed on FF:CC's graphics. The water is gorgeous, and the moogles are incredibly adorable. Also, the myrrh shield when you were traveling through those cave things looked really pretty. Other than that...

Brawl will have online.

There will most certainly be more than Nintendo games for Virtual Console, and there's a 99% chance that it will cost money to download the games. Playing online will be free, however.

Zink

Smash Champion
FF:CC had nice fog effects and the spells looked great. Wii CC =, if it maintains that, will be very awesome on graphics alone.
Also Cashed, those pics were significantly below the quality of the real gameplay, especially the cutscenes.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
To: Paranoid_Android
The "Flap" on the top can be opened to reveal 4 GCN controller ports and 2 GCN memory card ports.
Correct.

The Wii has a sort of WaveBird reciever built into it (notice that the top is flat, while the GCN is curved? Wavebird revievers wouldn't fit).
Incorrect. If wavebird recievers don't fit it just means that they are not compatible with the Wii without an adaptor. The Wii does not have a built in Wavebird reciever.

The "Flap" on the front contains 2 ports of some sort (Flash memory, or something like that), and the Synchronize button (for controllers, read further).
Correct.

The wiimote knows where it is pointing because of a sensor bar you play over or under your TV. There is a calibration function that prompts you to point at 2 points on the screen. It is not a light gun...
Correct.

The Wii controllers know which console in a room full of consoles they belong to because of a Syncronize button placed both on the Wii and the Wiimote (under the battery thing).
Correct.

There was also something about the pointer in the Wiimote sensing a 1024*768 resolution picture, which led to rumors about a camera being contained in the Wiimote. It could just be used for knowing where it is, etc., though.
Correct.

Oh yeah, and the Wiimote (or rather, the sensor bar) can get disturbances from strong light sources and stuff of that sort, so I wouldn't set it next to an open window with the sun pouring down on it.
I wouldn't know for sure but it makes sense considering stuff can become warped in sunlight.

To Zink: CC's graphics were nice on the GC but they are nowhere near 360 qaulity.

To Donut: I find it interesting that your sig previously said 'Live user and Halo fan' but now reads 'Wii fan and Metroid fan'. I hope the boards didn't make you feel like you needed to conform to fit in.

Top Bottom