• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Skywalker

Space Jump
Wires

Yes, it is. The wire you probably saw was either the nunchaku wire or a wire attatched to the controller to make sure nobody stole it, or something like that.
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Myself said:
He has a bad reputation, so Great Marth may not be the best choice for president . . . but that doesn't mean he'd be worse than Bush.

Also, whoever neg-repped me for saying Great Marth sucked should realize that it was a joke! [Sigh] It was the first time I've been neg-repped. :cry: :cry: I'm sorry if I offended someone, so no hard feelings. :(

EDIT:
vulpine51 said:
I would imagine a fanboy would have bolted towards the exit as soon as he got his hands on a wiimote if they weren't attached.
[Cough]:embarrass

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I would imagine a fanboy would have bolted towards the exit as soon as he got his hands on a wiimote if they weren't attached to the console.

Zink

Smash Champion
Hasn't anyone noticed that the 2 tier system is really really bad? NOBODY is buying the core 360. Many stores aren't stocking it anymore. It's just a bad, bad idea.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hasn't anyone noticed that the 2 tier system is really really bad? NOBODY is buying the core 360. Many stores aren't stocking it anymore. It's just a bad, bad idea.
Actually, more cores sell than the premium 360.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
At that point someone would have a Wiimote and Nunchuku wraped around your thoat and drag you into some horrid back room.
It's not that horrid there.

Oh, you meant another Back Room. Nm then

Zink: Maybe you not seeing any is partly because people are buying them?

Skywalker

Space Jump
Actually that was from Gamespot, I hope they didn't lie to me. *sniff*
Many forms of gaming media hate the Core System -- many jokes about it were in things like Game Informer, X-Play etc. -- and Gamespot may've speculated that the core system sold less. In other words, they might have not checked the actual sales figures. Also, it depends on when you read their info. Sometimes sales of the Core and Premium system may rise and fall, but I have yet to read the sale figures. Otherwise, the only other likely option is that they're feeding you propaganda/lies.

Zink

Smash Champion
:( I am merely a tool of the media. :(
I still think it's a bad idea. I think the best plan is just to have the Wii for like $199, then you can just add on controllers and games as you se fit- a make your own bundle deal.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think the best plan is to have the Wii and all accessories and games for free.

...but they're probably not going with that plan. :(

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually don't like having two different tiers of systems, I find that absolute crap, I think they should stop trying to steal our money and offer one good system.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Disclaimer: I don't like Microsoft
I actually don't like having two different tiers of systems, I find that absolute crap, I think they should stop trying to steal our money and offer one good system.
Microsoft does this to appeal to both the casual and hardcore gamer. Yes I do admit they made the mistake of not including the hard drive in the Core System, but it allowed many gamers to save $100.00. Besides, who will care about Halo 2 anymore once Halo 3 comes out? Microsoft isn't be any means stealing everyone's money; if shoppers would actually read the fine print, what your saying is just a jealous accusation.
Exactly. That must be the lamest idea of selling the same console but with added stuff. Just give us one verison, not two, just one!
This idea made Microsoft money. In support, Nintendo already does it with the DS bundles and whatnot. In a sense, this also applies to the PStwo and the DS lite. You can't argue against logic.

McFox said:
I think the best plan is to have the Wii and all accessories and games for free.

...but they're probably not going with that plan.
It's a shame that wishes don't come true.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It says that was posted May 26, but it obviously hasn't been confirmed, because no one knows the price at this point, in Japan or the US. Everything about the Wii (price, launch) is being revealed September 14th.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Really suprised no one's posted this.

While Nintendo has generally improved its relationships with third party developers during the entrance to its 5th hardware generation, it has left many in the dark, and as a result, not a single game from a developer other than itself yet includes online multiplayer.

Such games to be confirmed to lack the loved component, so far, are Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Call of Duty 3 - both published by Activision.

Further, IGN claims to have heard from several development sources that Nintendo will not not make its Wi-Fi Connection libraries available to third party developers until next year.

Another key feature of the Wii console is an internal speaker located within the controller, which provides 'depth of sound'. So far, no developer only Ubisoft has reported being able to take advantage of the unique functionality.

This leaves another question to be asked: Will Wii launch with any online-enabled multiplayer games?

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
tbh, I was beginning to wonder this already because I don't think any of the launch games mentioned or seemed to plan to go online. To me, it would be a pretty big disappointment if it's true and unless mario appears at launch, I probably won't be getting the wii till 2007.

But who knows. I'd call it a rumour for now considering Nintendo have made it clear that being online was integral to the console (though to counter it I guess you could say virtual console + opera browser + wii pages could be enough) and not having any online games would totally go against what they've been saying. Also, some of the other things IGN have said are have been a little...wrong. IGN didn't even give this 'news' a proper article. They stuffed it at the end of a tony hawk's article almost as if they hoped no one would notice it.

I kinda expected nintendo to go into detail about online play at Leipzig. The fact they didn't makes me wonder =/

ooo, and I just remembered. Crstal chronicles is a launch game (or did they delay it)? That HAS to have online play.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am planning to get the Wii around the time it makes its debut here in the US. I also don't worry about the online play really since the internet connection or something is slow on my computer so I can't do online play that well. The only thing online related that I could see me doing is the virtual console. I wonder if Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars will be on the virtual console?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's strange Mic. I remember reading an interview with Miyamoto/Iwata (it was one of them), and they said that they left the mic in because third party asked them to keep it because they had ideas for it.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Ubisoft has been boasting that Red Steel will have online multiplayer, and that's enough to keep my tied over the holiday season. Until then, it's not a big deal if the full dev kit can't be utilized for a couple months, but it certainly hurts their image.

Any news on what kind of online interface the Wii will use, if any, aside from Friend Codes and third party games?

Eaode

Smash Champion
On September 14th, will they by any chance reveal what are under those **** flaps?!?!?!

I know there are SD slots, but the flap is TOO **** BIG!!!! THEY ARE HIDING SOMETHING!!!!!

[/conspiracy theory]

Skywalker

Space Jump
I don't think they are gonna reveal everything, they will probably release a lot of info. but I think they are gonna keep a few secrets until the Wii is here.
If Nintendo keeps their promise, they will reveal everything. I'll see to it. . . .
On September 14th, will they by any chance reveal what are under those **** flaps?!?!?!

I know there are SD slots, but the flap is TOO **** BIG!!!! THEY ARE HIDING SOMETHING!!!!!

[/conspiracy theory]
What flaps?! There are flaps?!
or osama bin ladin
Imagine if Bush gets a Wii.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I must say, that 's quite catchy.

As for the flaps. Are you talking about the flaps on the top of the Wii console? Im pretty sure that's for GC controllers....but I could be wrong.
I don't remember Nintendo announcing flaps. They're probably there, so maybe they'll house wireless recievers for the Wii-mote?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I'm positive all Wiimotes are wireless, and I remeber seeing a picture somewhere with the GC contoller ports exposed. They were on top of the console......I think.

Top Bottom