• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
Has there been any word on the power supply? Or is it still batteries? They've gotta do something about that. Using a battery-powered controller would suck. I will re-state: It needs to be rechargeable (USB preferrably).
It is still regular batteries. This sucks. I'm gonna need a **** load of AA batteries.

Also 3 days until Nintendo's "Wii Prove Our Promise" press conference.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Yeah, but with rechargeable batteries, everytime you recharge them, they get a little bit weaker and won't last as long.
New rechargable batteries don't work the same way, so they don't have the same pitfall (well, they can, but they last so long you're likely to get a new MP3 player or whatever before you replace them). These are the kind in the Nintendo Advance SP, the iPod, etc.

Unfortunatly, you're still screwed on AA's, but would you rather pay 10 bucks for a charger and a 4 pack, and have it last 2 years, or pay 5 dollars every 30 hours of play?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Unfortunatly, you're still screwed on AA's, but would you rather pay 10 bucks for a charger and a 4 pack, and have it last 2 years, or pay 5 dollars every 30 hours of play?
I would rather that Nintendo offered a charger for the controller. But that may not be an option. We'll see what happens.

10 bucks for a charger of course.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
2 days until Nintendos Press Conference "Wii Prove Our Promise"

Though the question is what is nintendo going to prove at the event? Release date and price possibly? What do you think?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Additional other colors haven't officially been announced yet, I don't think. The colors that they were showing off before were mainly to test reactions and find the most marketable one.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
As to colors, expect white and possibly black at launch. More colors will be released next year after all of Nintendo's real fans have already bought their stuff, to try and entice other people to buy it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
According to IGN, Miyamoto also told Nintendo Dream that Nintendo may remake existing GameCube titles and add full Wiimote support. "The machine is based on GC," said Miyamoto. "We'll be upgrading the development tools, but GameCube code can be used for the most part as is. In that sense, I believe that it would be good to remake GameCube games for Wii, and that some titles would become better with the change to the Wii remote controller."

Miyamoto said these revamped GameCube titles would be sold at a lower price than normal Wii games.
Thanks to Cashed for the info.

I don't want this at all. I just don't see the need to replay GC games tweaked to use the Wii controller. I'd much rather they give us new Wii games instead of ports. On top of that the Wii is backwards compatible.

'Play the Wind Waker now with baton swinging action!' Meh.

Zink

Smash Champion
Well, it's sort of an extension to the VC system- the concept of buying older games at a lower price. I'd expect people who missed out on some good GCN games to rebuy thme on the Wii, if possible. Sort of like Player's Choice.

Skywalker

Space Jump
As to colors, expect white and possibly black at launch. More colors will be released next year after all of Nintendo's real fans have already bought their stuff, to try and entice other people to buy it.
I won't be getting red then, as I'm getting the Wii as soon as possible. It wouldn't be a bad thing for Nintendo to market faceplates or something of that sort. Some misguided individuals may say that faceplates are a rip-off of the 360, but Nintendo did it for the Micro, so "rip-off" isn't a valid statement.

I'm getting tired of the basic black and white color schemes; I want something interesting, eyecatching, like neon orange.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
How about black with gold splash? That would look intresting, but it would never happen.

That is the color scheme im getting on my next paintball gun. It looks so sick.

Skywalker

Space Jump
How about black with gold splash? That would look intresting, but it would never happen.
That's why manufacturers can be so idiotic with things like "Special Editions". I want nice looking colors from the beginning.

Nintendo's games have been innovative and colorful, so I don't know why the hell they have to stick to the same black, grey and white.

kaid

Smash Master
That's why manufacturers can be so idiotic with things like "Special Editions". I want nice looking colors from the beginning.

Nintendo's games have been innovative and colorful, so I don't know why the hell they have to stick to the same black, grey and white.
Ahem. *Points to Purple Gamecube*

Skywalker

Space Jump
Ahem. *Points to Purple Gamecube*
That shade of purple was, in my opinion, a bit dull. Besides, the Gamecube is unofficially dead. And no, don't start yelling "Twilight Princess" at me. It's not even exclusive to the GCN anymore.

kaid

Smash Master
Alright.

*Shouts "Super Paper Mario!!!one" at you.*

Anyway, I'm just pointing out, Nintendo tried the weird-colors thing. it didn't work out.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord

Take this color scheme for example. Hotness. Something like this would be very nice. Mabe black/silver, black/gold. I would love to see a Wii like this

Skywalker

Space Jump
*Shouts "Super Paper Mario!!!one" at you.*
Yes, I realize there's decent 1st-party support, but just consider the few 3rd-party exclusives this year. Nintendo is focusing much of their effort and time on the Wii, so the lackluster Gamecube may be worth it.
kaid said:
Anyway, I'm just pointing out, Nintendo tried the weird-colors thing. it didn't work out.
If your talking about the SP, then I concede: you're right. The special colors were never released at launch, while the Wii's could be at launch.
Take this color scheme for example. Hotness. Something like this would be very nice. Mabe black/silver, black/gold. I would love to see a Wii like this
THAT is what I'm talking about!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No, but it's pretty safe to assume there will be both Black and White ones at launch. And you do realise they release the new colours after launch so people will buy either another one to replace the old original coloured one, or to hopefully attract people that didn't buy one due to not liking the colour.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
If the 512Mb of mem for the wii could hold GCN games.........you would have 8152 blocks avalible......

Since the GCN uses 1.5 Gb disc and the wii will be using DVD-9(8.5Gb). that means 7 GCN discs can fit in that one DVD-9.....

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
Nintendos press conference Wii Prove Our Promise is tomorrow morning. Up to five never before seen titles may appear there in Leipzig Germany.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Guys, we know for sure that the console will be coming in White. If you want some fancy color, buy the white one and paint it yourself. Just don't use spray paint or something, then it'll look like crap.

Skywalker

Space Jump
No, but it's pretty safe to assume there will be both Black and White ones at launch. And you do realise they release the new colours after launch so people will buy either another one to replace the old original coloured one, or to hopefully attract people that didn't buy one due to not liking the colour.
I really don't think color will be a buy or don't buy factor. And for fdv's sake, the black and red is cool. Sorry, I had to add that in.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
color IS a buy or dont buy factor....the DS is a perfect example.

also, 2:15? ill set me alarm and wake up to check internet.

also, green wii is mine.

Top Bottom