• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

kaid

Smash Master
Don't get your hopes up... I was merely refering to how Matt said TP WILL be a launch title, but MP3 MAY OR MAY NOT BE. No hard dates are known... EVEN by Matt.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Don't get your hopes up... I was merely refering to how Matt said TP WILL be a launch title, but MP3 MAY OR MAY NOT BE. No hard dates are known... EVEN by Matt.
Trust me, i'm trying not to get my hopes up. It's just that i've never been as hyped up for a game console before.:psycho:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
they probably will. smash was the best selling game on the cube, and it is one of the most anticipated games for wii.
I highly doubt anything at all will be mentioned about Brawl. It's still in early development. The event is more for showing off the Wii and games that are almost complete and are just being fine-tuned.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
This is kinda cool.

Sorry it's so small. If you have trouble reading it, It says the release date is 11/17/06. But who knows.
That is the same day as the Ps3 release so theres no way that could be true. Most likely it will release in October.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Check your facts. PS3 is due out Nov 17th.

Wii is still un-announced, and any information you might find is either false or speculation. Most people are predicting an October release though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Websites for stores that preorder anything normally don't have the correct dates until the real date is released. If you look, you can probably find the "release dates" for Smash Brawl and Spore as well.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, that's how much that particular analyst thought that it might retail for in Japan. They then took the yen currency and converted it to dollars.

Nintendo wouldn't release a console for 170$. If it's that much in Japan, you can bet it'll be 200$ here.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I honestly believe that it'll release at $200. All the rest of Nintendo's consoles have launched for that much, so why not Wii?

Just to say, I can't wait for Wii. I've never been this excited for a home console in my life.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I can't wait till the wii gets here. From what I know, it seems that the wii has the best launch titles. Also, it will be kinda easy for me to get a wii considering my birthday is coming in about a month, plus my allowance, and my report card money, and my hair cut money. But I probably won't be able to get a game though.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Or he could collect the scraps of hair and do something with them to make a profit...

Collect hair + ??? = Profit!

Makes sense to me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Of course, taking haircut money is a little more obvious than taking lunch money. You can't see the direct effects of eating a single meal. On the other hand, it's usually kind of noticable when someone has or hasn't had a haircut.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am not a barber. But my grandma is. But me, my brother, and my sister get money for getting haircuts. 5 bucks for a haircut. 20 bucks for report card grades(if they are good). 10 bucks every two weeks for allowance. and about 150 bucks for birthday.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So wait, do you receive money which you are in turn supposed to give the barber in exchange for a haircut, or do you receive money just for getting a haircut?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
o.O? Huh?

If you get paid to get a hair cut, then you must have really nice parents. If you're supposed to use the money for a hair cut then I suggest you do so unless you want to walk around with a mullet.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Unfamiliar acronyms hurt my brain.

But anyway, Nintendo's giving a speech August 23rd called "Wii prove our promise." Here's hoping they reveal, you know, something.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lmao at the hair cut discussion. Now I must post something on-topic so this won't be regarded as spam.

I hope they release a red controller/nunchuck combination at launch. Especially if they make the stick itself red on the nunchuck. Cause you know, I saw a picture of a black Wii developer kit and it looked like the analog stick itself was black on the nunchuck unit. I'm still going to have to paint my Gamecube controller metallic red though if I want to play Smash armed with that color...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
commonyoshi, Nintendo usually isn't at the Tokyo Game Show, they usually just have Iwata or someone do a speech and that's it.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I really hope that they make the Wiimote rechargeable. You know, with a USB port or something like that. I'm gonna be playing this thing a lot and I don't want to have to change the batteries every two weeks.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Has there been any word on the power supply? Or is it still batteries? They've gotta do something about that. Using a battery-powered controller would suck. I will re-state: It needs to be rechargeable (USB preferrably).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think revealing the controller was something pretty big. Though there's not a huge lot left, just really dates prices and the final secret left.

Top Bottom