• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm excited about the Wii, but not enough to wake up at 2 in the morning just to see what Nintendo has to say about it (and it's not like they'll be streaming that live like (the dead version of) E3. I'll just check during class tomorrow.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I'll check it in the morning before take off for school. I would hate to wake up at 2 only to find out that very little was actually reported.

With any luck we get a Wii price. :)

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
I'll check it in the morning before take off for school. I would hate to wake up at 2 only to find out that very little was actually reported.

With any luck we get a Wii price. :)
Yeah, this seems like a perfect chance for nintendo to drop the bomb with a release date and price.

So...anyone here going to the Leipzig Convention?

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Edit: This information seems a bit redundant after the link Primusfan edited into his post...

Another Edit: Upon reading back a few pages, I realized that this has been already been discussed. Oops.

This is not a confirmation, but they say that the price will be 19,800 yen, which is roughly equal to 170$. It is doubtful that it will be the exact same price in the US.

Source:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/725/725645p1.html

kaid

Smash Master
GC has come and gone... Mario Strikers Wii, Battilian Wars Wii (Abriviated BWii, apparently) and a Pink DS light.

No price, releace date, or anything.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Suprised none of you noticed Reggie's invitations to select memebrs of the press.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm so happy I didn't bother checking up on this earlier. New Mario Strikers and I've never played Battallion Wars. Swell.

Here's hoping that September 14 they'll reveal, you know, SOMETHING.

The guy at Leipzig said that Wii will release "at the end of this year," which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about an early launch.

Skywalker

Space Jump
color IS a buy or dont buy factor....the DS is a perfect example.
I find that to be innacurate. Designing of how a system looks and how good its games are has much, much more persuasion than color.
I saw something on a Wii website about a $170 price-tag. Who knows though. It seems a little cheap.
I honestly hope that it'll be that price, as I'm only middle-class.
I suspect the price for the Wii with one controller (with nunchaku), everything you need to be internet ready, etc. will be 200 dollars, while a package coming with a game, and possibly a couple extras will cost 250 dollars.
Still, this price seems more reasonable, as I imagine it costed Nintendo a great deal of money to perfect motion-sensing.
. . . and a Pink DS light.
I'd settle for a white DS Lite, but Pink is better. Real men wear that color!:laugh:
Yeah, I'm so happy I didn't bother checking up on this earlier. New Mario Strikers and I've never played Battallion Wars. Swell.
I could care less about those two games--both were somewhat average.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
so by wii comming out in sep, 14 is that in Japan or here? because i saw an online commercial that said it will come out nov, 6 and the price would be $199,99
Well, the online commercial you saw was a lie. Nintendo hasn't released the information yet. The Wii is not coming out September 14th. Try actually reading what we're writing. Reggie Fils-Aime is hosting some kind of presentation on that date.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I haven't read all the posts but, I heard that the Nintendo Wii will have a voice recognition system were it will be able to convert your voice into a text message for online play. There is also a game currently in production that is supposed to be for the most part Brain Age for your body!

primusfan

Smash Ace
*Another Cool Thing*

In games like Wii Sports, you'll be able to make a caricature of your face and put it on the players just like at E3. And the faces will also be stored in the hard-drive for other games that have the option to use it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Great Marth, once again, that doesn't exactly help anything. No one's going to check all of those at once, and most of us have already seen all of that (if we're interested in it) already.

And primus, as far as I'm aware, that's simply a rumor at this point. Care to provide a source?

primusfan

Smash Ace
It'll probably work over the internet. I've seen it done in a couple of other games. Basically, you take a picture of yourself, put it on the computer, E-mail the picture to a certain E-mail adress, they'll send you a reply with a code in it. Enter the code on the game and then your face appears on the character.

OR....

It could be a whole lot easier......

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
In reference to the GC, Nintendo did exactly what they said... They stayed true to their promise of not releasing Wii info until September. At least that's one way to look at it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I find that to be innacurate. Designing of how a system looks and how good its games are has much, much more persuasion than color.
I'm pretty sure colour is part of the systems looks.

That about translating voice to text, I've never heard of that before.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
People aren't stupid if they don't want a purple console. Seriously, it's purple.

Black and platinum are much better colors for a console.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Great Marth, once again, that doesn't exactly help anything. No one's going to check all of those at once, and most of us have already seen all of that (if we're interested in it) already.
I love Great Marths posts, when I don't have time to dig around the net , I just go to this thread and see if GM made a post, I always check all of those at once to keep me updated. Only takes 10 min. to look through the links. I say if it isn't harming anyone and it helps that one person, it's all good.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
I love Great Marths posts, when I don't have time to dig around the net , I just go to this thread and see if GM made a post, I always check all of those at once to keep me updated. Only takes 10 min. to look through the links. I say if it isn't harming anyone and it helps that one person, it's all good.
thanks pal. i will continue to do the right thing and give yall info, i am the only one here with that talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skywalker

Space Jump
innaccurate? no? DS sales leap massive once black and blue and red were released. go look at sales figures.
You got me there. I concede that color does impact decsions for purchase, but it's still one of the "minor" factors.
It'll probably work over the internet. I've seen it done in a couple of other games. Basically, you take a picture of yourself, put it on the computer, E-mail the picture to a certain E-mail adress, they'll send you a reply with a code in it. Enter the code on the game and then your face appears on the character.
I'm not really looking forward to that, as I have a low-res digital camera and don't want to go through the hassle of taking a picture from a film camera and then scanning it.
People aren't stupid if they don't want a purple console. Seriously, it's purple.

Black and platinum are much better colors for a console.
I agree.
Great Marth for president.
He has a bad reputation, so Great Marth may not be the best choice for president . . . but that doesn't mean he'd be worse than Bush.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I'm not really looking forward to that, as I have a low-res digital camera and don't want to go through the hassle of taking a picture from a film camera and then scanning it.
Well, maybe we won't have to do something that crazy. I have heard rumors about a camera somewhere on Wii.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Well, maybe we won't have to do something that crazy. I have heard rumors about a camera somewhere on Wii.
Well then, I hope those rumors are true. Even if they aren't, I'm sure that Datel (of Action Replay fame) will make a Wii-compatable camera.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know they just came out with a camera for the 360, maybe they should do that for Wii.....nah, too complicated. I just hope that it has a built in camera.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
They need to make a sequel for GameBoy camera. And I dont look forward to that picture thing where you send it to an e-mail first. Some guy is going to get it to look like a (you know) and post it all over the internet.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Yeah, I know they just came out with a camera for the 360, maybe they should do that for Wii.....nah, too complicated. I just hope that it has a built in camera.
That's why I hope Nintendo opts for two different packages for the system (think XBOX 360.)

The "core" system could be about $179.99 and include,
  • The Wii, of course
  • One Wiimote with the Nunchaku attachment
  • 518MB Flash Hard Drive
  • $10 off Wii Sports or Wii Music
It's basic, but it may get the job done for casual gamers.

The "premium" system could be about $249.99 and include,
  • The Wii
  • Two Wiimotes with the Nunchaku attachment
  • A Demo Disc with about 20 games
  • 1GB Flash Hard Drive
  • A free Player's Choice GCN game
  • [Limited Time] A free 'Wii Sports' or 'Wii Music'

Also, is the Wiimote wireless? I've seen people demoing it at E3, and a cord was connected to the controller

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yes, it is. The wire you probably saw was either the nunchaku wire or a wire attatched to the controller to make sure nobody stole it, or something like that.

Top Bottom