• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Dokuro

Smash Ace
yes mcfox because jigglypuff has nothing and pichu is atleast a preevo of the most popular pokemon :]

edito- silly me, i forgot jigglypuff has a fanbase!

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
The Great Marth said:
Wii resident Evil screen leaked(this is crap. i dont believe it,you shoudlnt either): http://www.flashfp.net/uploader/modules/up-pic/pic/uploads/b1f2954b0a.jpg
It's not that bad. It is a terrible small blurry picture, you can't really tell anything from it. It actually looks to me like it could be really nice.

Also, since you don't seem to get subtlety, as much as some people appreciate it, you don't need to post every single shred of info and speculation that you find on that codenamerevolution website of yours. Just the important key information is enough. If people want to look any deeper than the basic facts, they can do so themselves. And also, if the information is about a game, put it in the game's respective topic. If there is no topic, make one yourself.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Fdv said:
It's not that bad. It is a terrible small blurry picture, you can't really tell anything from it. It actually looks to me like it could be really nice.

Also, since you don't seem to get subtlety, as much as some people appreciate it, you don't need to post every single shred of info and speculation that you find on that codenamerevolution website of yours. Just the important key information is enough. If people want to look any deeper than the basic facts, they can do so themselves. And also, if the information is about a game, put it in the game's respective topic. If there is no topic, make one yourself.
i would do what u say but.........i would be making 30 threads over all the games ive shown info on.....

and cashed dislikes that......

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Remember back in the good old days when everyone just talked about things that were happening instead of just posting links in their posts? Man, I remember those days. You'd talk about something that was announced and how excited you were for it, and then after you gave your input on the matter you'd give a link to where you heard it.

Man, I really liked how Doggalina posted the information he found in his last post.

Zink

Smash Champion
Hey, boy, you just lucky we have any internets at all! We could be using a phone!

My prediction- Wii price will be released at TGS.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Doggalina said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/722/722861p1.html

Apparently there is going to be at least one unannounced game announced (IGN already knows about it). If some French reports are right, five new games will be announced. August 24-27 is going to be a Wii news bonanza.
Maybe Miyamoto will be showing the new game(s) he says he's been working on. If the Wii is released in October ,as some have speculated, we could be playing it in just two months. If not we're still just three months off.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Zink said:
Hey, boy, you just lucky we have any internets at all! We could be using a phone!

My prediction- Wii price will be released at TGS.
Nintendo usually doesn't do TGS, are they this year?

Zink

Smash Champion
I suspect they are. It was mentioned in a recent GameSpot podcast- one of the team said that Nintendo said September, which to her reads TGS.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
i would pick red steel over far cry anyday. red steel multiplay will be awesome. i try and get games that are entertaining to the masses and has mega replay value.

SSBM,Marvel vs capcom 2,PSO......ect

196 Pages,gawd dam!!!XD

But anyway,i'm really looking forward to the Wii.it was kinda hard playing Super Mario Galixies though due to the sensitivity(Especially when you had to launch Mario out of the Star Cannons)And yes,Big Hands.Joy-stick on the Wii mote could be alittle bit bigger. :ohwell:

And i still couldn't get the hand of the Grappeling Beam in Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.
You have to Flick the Left Chuck,Press Z1 or Z2 to Hold it,then Pull the Left Chuck back,it was sometimes neccesary to kill of some of the enemies.

It was a 9 hour wait,but it was worth it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Ah big hands...the bane of all Nintendo controllers.

So you went to E3? My dreams of going have been shattered unless McFox does that thing we were talking about.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Eternal phoenix Fire said:
1And yes,Big Hands.Joy-stick on the Wii mote could be alittle bit bigger. :ohwell:

Nuuuu, how uncomfortable is it? I have pretty large hands but I've only ever had problems with the PS2 pad, DS and small ipods. The traditional controller looks even tinier. There was a video out on youtube where the guys hands just...didn't fit. :ohwell:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Way to look like a noob Mc9, the only thing worse would be if you misspilt a word or too.

Eternal phoenix Fire said:
And i still couldn't get the hand of the Grappeling Beam in Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.
You have to Flick the Left Chuck,Press Z1 or Z2 to Hold it,then Pull the Left Chuck back,it was sometimes neccesary to kill of some of the enemies.
It doesn't sound that hard, why couldn't you get the hang of it? Sensitivity issues? Some other reason?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Perhaps because you only get to try it for a few minutes? I'm sure all of the negative points that have been made by people about the control can be overcome by a couple of hours of practise.

Although, one thing I haven't liked the look of from videos, is that in the shooters, you have to move the cursor to the edge of the screen to turn around. If the sensitivity allows for it, I would prefer to be able to just look with the pointer as you do with a regular PC shooter, rather than having a free-moving cursor.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Fdv said:
Perhaps because you only get to try it for a few minutes? I'm sure all of the negative points that have been made by people about the control can be overcome by a couple of hours of practise.

Although, one thing I haven't liked the look of from videos, is that in the shooters, you have to move the cursor to the edge of the screen to turn around. If the sensitivity allows for it, I would prefer to be able to just look with the pointer as you do with a regular PC shooter, rather than having a free-moving cursor.
Me too, but you see it can't work like that unless you put the Wiimote on a desk and use it like a mouse. since you are aiming at what is on the screen and not moving the screen to aim thats one of the things that had to be changed over from your typical shooter. It's definitely something taht will take getting used to but I'm sure it will be just as fast and acurate as a PC.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Fdv said:
I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make the control stick of the nunchaku used for general movement and turning, and then have a shoulder button used to toggle/hold for strafing. That way you have complete control over your shooting and your general view. Even if they can't do that for whatever reason, they've had buttons in past games for instant 180s.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, the controls for some games definitely look confusing. But I'm actually looking forward to using the Wii-mote in games like Wii Sports and Excite Truck.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The reason they have to use that "Box" method of turning your viewpoint is because, unlike a mouse or the stylus on a DS, you cannot remove a Wiimote from 3-Dimensional space when you get to an awkward position (the equivilant of the edge of your desk/mousepad/DS screen). They could, however, set it up so that holding down a button would enable your view to change so that you could re-orient your controller without moving your viewpoint by releasing the button (or pressing it, actually sounds easier to me). In any case, I think Nintendo went with the simplest solution for the average gamer, but the alternative method mentioned would be great for more skilled players who prefer their guns in the center of their screens at all times (like a PC FPS). They should make it optional.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Right. If the Wii controlled like a PC, then you'd actually have to turn away from the TV to see what's behind you, which you can't because you've had to turn away from the TV.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Huh; I actually haven't seen that yet. I'm surprised at how long it appears, but I haven't seen a Wiimote in real life, so my perception could be off.

I must be on the opposite end of the spectrum, because something I've always found cumbersome about FPS's, such as Goldeneye, for a classice example, is how your view is always tied to your aim. A system like the console Metroid Prime titles I've always been more comfortable with. As long as there isn't ridiculous lag from the aiming cursor to move your view, I think I'll like it more, from how the MP3 videos looked.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's called a Wii-Zapper. Probably the reason you haven't seen it yet is because from what i've heard it's still a prototype. And the Wiimote isnt really that long. The reason it looks longer is because it appears that only the very bottom of the Wiimote plugs into the zapper.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Same post for both topics.

So I went to gamestop yesterday to buy some stuff. Out of curiosity I asked the salesdude when they would be expecting pre-orders for the PS3 and Wii. He said that at this time they've been told by both companies that there will be no preodering. He said this is subject to change but for now they are being told not to offer preorders so as to avoid dissapointing customers.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd bet on that changing. If we can preorder both systems over here in Australia....

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Mic_128 said:
I'd bet on that changing. If we can preorder both systems over here in Australia....
You can also preoder the system over here at Toys 'R' Us. They may have to refund those pre-orders. Or not. Aside from a 'please don't allow pre-orders' there might be nothing legally stopping them.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, I doubt Nintendo and Sony actually have any legal authority to stop stores from reserving systems for people who want them. They're just requesting it so that their launches don't turn into the disaster that was the 360 launch.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hey now, the 360 had a great launch, there just wasn't enough 360s to go around. Too many people preordered, and then there were the people who didn't even bother doing that that had to wait until like, March to get one.

Top Bottom