• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would make a topic for Star Fox: Arwing Space Battles for DS, but I think I've made enough topics already. >_>

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
commonyoshWii said:
Did you really expect there to be?
Of course. Last year, Nintendo said they're pushing for Smash to be a launch title.

If Smash was a launch title, they would have shown something. You can bank on the notion that it's been delayed, possibly into 2007.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Any chance they'll show it during E3? I mean they DID say there would be 27 titles playable...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
McWii said:
Of course. Last year, Nintendo said they're pushing for Smash to be a launch title.

If Smash was a launch title, they would have shown something. You can bank on the notion that it's been delayed, possibly into 2007.
I've learned from experience that when a big game like Smash is said to come out on a certain date, expect it to come 3-6 months later. Twilight princess was the first game to shock me by moving its release date back twice for a total of 9 months. Then after all that, it goes onto another consule.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No.

They downplayed it by not mentioning it. If it was being released any time this year, they would've talked about it. It's their biggest franchise, they wouldn't forget it. The show is their big chance to show off, not to forget their best franchises.

It's been delayed. Bet on it.

It was still a hell of a lot better than Sony's show. Sony's conference sucked badly. At least Nintendo's not only entertained, but also revealed new games coming out that people care about.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
McWii said:
It was still a hell of a lot better than Sony's show. Sony's conference sucked badly. At least Nintendo's not only entertained, but also revealed new games coming out that people care about.
Quoted for truth.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I thought the inclusion of the built in speaker was pretty cool. Not the biggest thing in the world but the added affect is pretty sweet. StarFox game was confirmed it looks like they dumped the "finger control" method though.

And yes we know that Sonys conference sucked. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they did show games people cared about. You think no one cared about MGS, FF, etc? Um..ok.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
They didn't show the shell. What gives?

And in sony's defense, some of their demos looked pretty sweet, really nice lighting and high poly stuff...I guess we'll soon see if the gameplay can match it...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I actually completely forgot about the shell. So they still need to reveal pricing, release date, and the shell. I think it was smart of them to save those details so they can bring attention to themseleves again in the future.

Nintenodo said they would have 27 games playable. They might have a few suprises in there. Not SSB of course but something else unkown.

I forgot one more thing. Nintendo didn't reveal anything new about the virtual console. Their conference only lasted 55 minutes, they should have revealed a bit more stuff.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Drab EmorWiilap said:
Showing that apparently, our minds have been properly Nintendowned into realizing that the traditional methods of playing games are no longer necessary.

Except for playing smash.
That's exactly what I was thinking. "Who needs the shell?" I've been brainwashed. :p

Now that you mention it. Maybe Smash and the shell will be unveiled at the same time.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hey Wiill, you're wrong. at least i thin so

from the nintendo of Japan site. That doesn't look like a shell though. maybe its used for the virtual console? or maybe the Wiimote slides in sideways.

source: The Wiire

and to anyone who hasn't seen the Red Stell E3 Trailer, you're missing out.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
dunno.

hey, anyone know where i can find sony conference uncut? on ign they cut out game footage.

and where is the nintendo conference? i didn't watch it live(school) and now i can't find it. Does this mean the footage is going to be cut again when it is released?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
FdWii said:
And in sony's defense, some of their demos looked pretty sweet, really nice lighting and high poly stuff...I guess we'll soon see if the gameplay can match it...
That's my point though, pretty much everything showed was just CGI. They barely showed any gameplay. FF, MGS, etc.

And I actually like that it's separate from the Wiimote. That controller can play N64 games and SNES games, plus Smash. It's perfect. It doesn't really matter if it's a separate controller or a shell, you'd still have to pay for it separately anyway. Having it as a regular controller instead of just a shell simplifies things.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
then again, will it sill have Wii functionality(for Wii games obviously). THe whole point of the shell was to obtain the orignal controller while retaining the new functions of the Wiimote.

ssjmarth

Smash Cadet
I still think smash will be weird with Wiimote. Im a large supporter of Sony so i liked what i saw. Sure they may have borrowed Wii's sensory idea but MGS, Tekken, DMC all are awesome and i'm willing to pay $500 for PS3. Just gotta save up thats all.

Wii looks really cool hope price is lower than $249. PS3 is gonna wipe me out so hope its maybe $200<

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, the controller is official.

Also, it shows the sensor bar, which looks very thin and out of the way. The new changes on the design of everything is nice, too.

Top Bottom