• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
There will be footage and non-stop articles EVERYWHERE next week. until then, I'm sure you've seen everything that's been released. I think the official website is e3.nintendo.com .

Darkbrother

Banned via Administration
maybe billy was right, the wii sounds gay. they really should have stuck with the nintendo revolution. And the remote things, not a good idea...

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The remote is pure genius. I don't care what you say, I'd much rather use a new innovative controller than an exact replica of the last system's controller. It will have problems on any third person side-view games (side scrolling games are rare, so that limits it to fighting games). First person shooters and racing games? Bingo. Third person chase camera on an RPG, Racing Game, or others? Puzzle games? New stuff we haven't thought up yet? Hell yeah.

The only problem would be if they dumbed-down the controller so it no longer required coordination - but they could also make it into a great system for veteran gamers and make it more challenging but more accurate than the conventional joystick.

The difference between the name of the iPod, Wii, and Google is that many fewer people were counting the days until iPod released and people had either already made up their minds to buy one or not (the choice was clear if you had the money, back when they first came out). People are going to be judging the Wii before it releases (case and point, this thread). The name has a huge impact because of this.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Darkbrother was signing his posts as "BILLY AGE 8" before he registered the new name. Doesn't take an IP check to know your facts. Just let detective Giygas handle the case.

germ

Smash Cadet
Cashed said:

Go away. Don't reregister.
excuse me super moderator sir.... i realize this isnt thread related but i would like to tell you that darkbrother is actually billys brother... i know its hard to believe but its true.

now this is thread related. i totally agree with android. i think the "wiimote" will be an amazing new way to play video games. im just really excited to relive duck hunt. :p

germ

Smash Cadet
isnt anyone else excited for duck hunt on the wii? i know i am because i love duck hunt. another game they could make is an improved version of the classic arcade game area 51. also i bet james bond would be awesome on it too. imagine online play..... wow im totally excited.

Zink

Smash Champion
My friend made a widget with an E3 countdown.
About the name. I think by now Wii has really sunk in. People just say it. It's a normal word. IMO it's working. I saw a couple guys who are diehard MS fans saying they would probably get a Wii.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
germ said:
isnt anyone else excited for duck hunt on the wii? i know i am because i love duck hunt. another game they could make is an improved version of the classic arcade game area 51. also i bet james bond would be awesome on it too. imagine online play..... wow im totally excited.
I'm just surprised noone had revived the light gun from the Super NES days.It's about time.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Zink said:
So no one will know what you're talking about.
Then that's their problem. Pretty much everyone thought it would be called Revolution, and the majority of people will know. Unless I'm playing on Revolution a couple years from now with kids who were too young to remember the name "Revolution". But that's their problem.

Regardless, I think Duck Hunt with the Revmote would be pretty fun.

Zink

Smash Champion
What's the Revolution? I think Duck Hunt Wii might work, but it's too dull. Red Steel should be enough for shooter fans at launch.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
But Duck Hunt should be available at launch too.

In fact, they should give you a free download when you get the system. A total throwback to the NES. Let you download Duck Hunt and then play it with the Wiimote. That would kick all kinds of ***.

And Goldshadow, you're acting kind of immaturely. Like we took away your favorite toy, and you don't want a new one.

It's the Wii. You'll just have to deal with it. :)

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
McWii said:
And Goldshadow, you're acting kind of immaturely. Like we took away your favorite toy, and you don't want a new one.

It's the Wii. You'll just have to deal with it. :)
Don't worry, I'm dealing with it McRevolution. I'm dealing with it just fine. (I'm not saying the system's going to be any worse. That would just be stupid. But I don't want to go around saying "Wii" either. It sounds so comical/non-serious. "Hey guys, let's go play Wii".)

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
Wiimote... surprisingly, I like the sound of that, but don't like the sound of Wii for the system. I've been to a number of VG comic strip sites and most were making rather rude jokes about the new name. not good for the image.

I do expect, though the new SSB at launch, and I heard something about a new Zelda and Mario at launch as well, so I'm hoping for those too.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm not sure about a new Zelda at launch--Twilight Princess will just be coming out AND there'll be Phantom Hourglass on the DS.
Two new Zeldas in one season is crazy as is.
Three is a bit too much, and I really doubt it.

A new Mario?
I'd like to think so.

I'd say right now that SSB3 is on the top of the list, with Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel taking the 2nd and 3rd slots, respectively.

E3 week begins in a few days--the pre-E3 conferences will reveal some big stuff, and then the show will show us the games and such.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Yeah, two Zeldas is all I can handle that close together. I for one hope there isn't a Zelda launch title for Wii. I at least want to get through Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess before another one comes out. Plus I'll be busy with SSB3....... Can't make me choose between Zelda and SSB3, that's just mean.

I actually think a new Mario is pretty likely, it's been awhile since Sunshine came out. We need a new one...... one that is actually....decent... with no water guns.... or fruit people

xianfeng

Smash Hero
MeleeMan said:
Yeah, two Zeldas is all I can handle that close together. I for one hope there isn't a Zelda launch title for Wii. I at least want to get through Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess before another one comes out. Plus I'll be busy with SSB3....... Can't make me choose between Zelda and SSB3, that's just mean.

I actually think a new Mario is pretty likely, it's been awhile since Sunshine came out. We need a new one...... one that is actually....decent... with no water guns.... or fruit people
I want the same game miyamoto wants super mario 128

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There won't be a Zelda game for launch on the Wii unless they finally decide to give up and make TP a Wii game. Which I really hope they don't.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Unless it's some little Four Swords type thing.... But yeah, TP is supposed to be the last big GCN game, I hope they don't move it to Wii only.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be watching the Nintendo Press confrence on my TV, and on the Hub on my computer screen - so anyone that wants to join me in the hub, see you on Tuesday

930am PST, 1230pm EST

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
I'm actually going to make it to Nintendo World Store so I can be there for the whole live-feed press conference thing. For once, living in NY actually pays off. It's about time, after all those times of spending countless hours on sweaty subways and the muggings. >_>

Hopefully Nintendo will come through with the Wii at E3. If the Wiimote does everything it's supposed to, with proper games displaying the Wiimote's potential (Metroid Prime 3, SSB, Super Mario 128), then Nintendo might be able to pull of this revolution that it's been advertising for so long.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I like the new name Wii. Even though at first it sounds totally ********, you get used to it...besides, it sounds like you're gonna have fun with it.

"WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!"

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Hahaha, yeah, thats what I did when I first found out the name. I can't help but call it "WIIIII!"

Makes me smile.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Nicholas.Riddle said:
I like the new name Wii. Even though at first it sounds totally ********, you get used to it...besides, it sounds like you're gonna have fun with it.

"WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!"
I posted this earlier, but it's funny so I'm posting it again:

Cosmo said:
"We" can mean anything! "We three," "We the people," or my favorite... "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

germ

Smash Cadet
you know whats weird? e3 is the same freakin day as my birthday. weird eh? its as if i was born to go to e3... however i cant make it to e3 anyway... d*** it

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
kaid said:
IGN has speculated on a september/october release for the Wii, as of yesterday. Check out the "Pre-E3 Podcast", timestamp 19:40

I think this may be very possible. If you watch the Call of Duty trailer for the Wii at the end it says "Get closer than ever, Fall 2006".

valoem

Smash Journeyman
MASsIVE WII PROBLEM PLEASE READ ESP if you going to E3

Ok is anyone here going to E3 because I just discovered an error in Wii that will end compeditive gaming in the Wii. Firstly, this is all hypothical. Rumors are that Nintendo is designing a completely wireless controller. Theorically this creates a double-edged sword that can be a vice toward competitive gaming.

can anyone guess what this problem is?

Finite signals Vs Infinite signals

As many of you know a current issue with wavebirds is one where signals from other wavebirds can interfere each other. In tournament play is creates a significant problem. Thus if the Wii uses a finite number of signals two Wii in the same room could interfere with each other. Obviously, this is an issue that many people are already afraid of and have forseen, but have you seen the other problem that might arise with a completely wireless system using infinite signals?

Some people create theory that counter this saying "Nintendo could be dumb enough to use finite signals without unique system signatures"

It is possible to create an "infinite" number of signals by using signals signatures. This can be seen in car keys and walkie-talkies.

However there is another issue that arises with infinite signals and that is the bring your own controller issue. If there are unique signals in each Wii there cannot be away to bring your own controller.

Wired controllers are the only way.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
valoem said:
I just discovered an error in Wii that will end compeditive gaming in the Wii.
GASP!

Firstly, this is all hypothical. Rumors...
Yawn.

Nintendo have said they've solved the issue of multiple controllers and frequencies and such. Probably the same thing that MS did with the 360.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And that Sony's planning to do with the PS3.

Nintendo ALWAYS has the highest-quality EVERYTHING.

I have never known a Nintendo product not to work not only EXACTLY as its supposed to, but way LONGER than its supposed to.

For instance: The Legend of Zelda (yes, the first one) was released with an internal battery that would save your game. That was in 1986. The battery was said to last about 5 years.

Some people are still using those batteries TODAY.

Nintendo products are always the highest quality available, and they never release hardware that doesn't work.

Despite your long post, I am not even worried a little bit.

kaid

Smash Master
I think he was talking about what this would mean for the BYOC rule.

Given that you can buy more controlers, though, it seems to me that synching up is not going to be an issue.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Mic_Wii said:
GASP!

Yawn.

Nintendo have said they've solved the issue of multiple controllers and frequencies and such. Probably the same thing that MS did with the 360.
I really don't understand how someone could bring your own controller with unique signals. Because that "requires" signal sync. Also about the xbox360, they have wired controller capability for tournament situations.

However what Mcfox is absolute right. Nintendo always has product quality. Unlike Sony's massive PS2 Disc Read Error in 2002.

EDIT: lol I hate typos. I think I make more typos then any other person. I have to read each sentence 2 or three times before it is error free =(

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
The rAt said:
Man, what I wouldn't give to be there when they unveil this thing in France... The Nintendo Yes.
ROFL! Really, if I could, I'd join you there!

Top Bottom