• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Red steel is the shiz but MP3:C seems to be the bigger shiz. from the vids,red steel seems to move slow....

maybe its just me. and prime is FAST.....

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
McWii said:
They reveal all of their surprises at the pre-E3 show. It will not appear this week.
What day should I expect to hear about it or see a reel for it.

Also I went to ign and I saw that they had the montage of games but other than that I didn't see any parts of the actuall conference. If any could link me to it that would be awesome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wiicman said:
By the way was Rare a 2nd party dev for Nintendo b4 it went to Microsoft? or was it just 3rd party but created banjo and donkey kong.
Rare was a second party to Nintendo and was bought by Microsoft.

And they didn't make Donkey Kong, they just had permission to make Donkey Kong games.

EDIT: It was on about 11 hours ago. No SSB3, but a lot of other awsome games.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
VaWiina said:
What day should I expect to hear about it or see a reel for it.

Also I went to ign and I saw that they had the montage of games but other than that I didn't see any parts of the actuall conference. If any could link me to it that would be awesome.
You can stream all three conferences in their entirety from here...
FdWii said:

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
i was expecting more about super mario galaxies i dont think anybody actually played and reviewed it yet from what i can tell on various websites. just a little in-game footage wasnt enough for me. ^ nice first post

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
wiiii said:
All this new stuff makes me sooo excited!!! :)
I hope they reveal smash 3 as one of the 22 games tomarrow
22? I thought it was 27 playable and more in video form...
Speaking of which, have all 27 been accounted for? Or are there still a ton of unknowns?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
So...Am I the only one who's not going to bother buying a Wii until a few weeks before SSB3 comes out?

Yeah, all the launch games seem great, but the only game I'd demand to have the day it's released is Smash. I'd have no problem buying used copies of Mario, Metroid, and even Zelda.

BTW, with all this business of that SNES-looking controller. I don't know if we should jump to any conclusions about it being the supposed shell. The English text on that site says [Classic Controller] which, to me, implies it's to be used with the Virtual Console.

I'd still expect an N64-style VC controller [with modern-style joystick please] and the originally announced Shell, if not a hybrid of the two [my dream]. After all I think the shell would be revealed with flare and importance, not some quiet photo-leak on the internet.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great Nintendo show so far, the only thing missing right now is of course Super Smash Bros 3. I hope to see it before E3 ends, as either a screenshot, a video or a message in a interview or something.

The Classic Controller looks good to play on the Virtual Console, but can it be used to play Wii games?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I almost feel, well, cheated that I don't get to play SSB3 at E3, and that there's not a glimpse or word of it to be seen or heard.

As for the strip you need to put infront of the TV, I have a Dev friend who said that it's really annoying. Then again, she was working with the prototype, not the actual thing, so hopefully it'll all work out. Come Thursday I'll be able to test the Wiimote out for myself :p

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
so what's up with the SNs including Wii? Is this BR only or something, cuz i'm seeing people who aren't paying members with changed names. I'd like to change mine too.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
McFox just started changing names. It started with the broomers, but then other people requested to have theirs changed as well. He's not doing it anymore, and all the names will be changed back soonish.

The lack of Smash is a bit disappointing, but I'm still really happy with the conference. I just needed some reassurance that the Wii would actually be fun to play and I feel pretty good about what Nintendo's doing. Man, and E3 hasn't even really started yet. The next couple days are going to be gooood, my friends.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
KoWiichi said:
Sony removed it from the PS3 controller because it interfered with the tilt sensor. Doesn't it seem likely that if the Wiimote is vibrating (gamer girls will be happy, chi ^_<), and only slight movement is needed, wouldn't it slightly mess up your aim? Then again, perhaps that's more realistic - after being shot, I'm sure your aim would be a bit off IRL.
i thought sony removed the rumble feature because they got their *** sued for the whole dualshock thing... but im not really sure lol.

the conference was good but id have liked to have seen more on the online model and how they plan to do it. they have actually been quite secretive in how the wii is going to play online so far. there must be a secret!

this has probably been mentioned already...but super mario galaxy can have 2 players in it! if this means co-op play in the main game i will be buying the wii at launch :) otherwise, i will be waiting for smash bros to release and hopefully some cool console colours.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Thanks to the Wii and DS, Nintendo is once again able to show to developers the gaming potential that made the company so special to begin with. Absolute genius. I can't even put into words how psyched I am about the huge boom to come.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Did anyone go to Nintendos E3 online press site? Someone posted the password online. It gives you all of the information that the press recieves. Video, Screens, artwork, etc. It was view only but someone with 1337 skills could probably get some stuff of of there.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
KoWiichi said:
I almost feel, well, cheated that I don't get to play SSB3 at E3, and that there's not a glimpse or word of it to be seen or heard.

As for the strip you need to put infront of the TV, I have a Dev friend who said that it's really annoying. Then again, she was working with the prototype, not the actual thing, so hopefully it'll all work out. Come Thursday I'll be able to test the Wiimote out for myself :p

Earlier Mcfox said they are keeping all the suprizes for later on until next week. Is that not true? Will we not even get a glimpse of it until this last quarter of 2006?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I said nothing even remotely like that. I said that they reveal all of their surprises at the pre-E3 press conference, which was yesterday. Additionally, I've seen their press-release website, detailing everything they're showing at E3 this year. Smash is not mentioned anywhere.

You're right, we probably won't get a glimpse for months.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK, so WTF is up with Nintendo not even MENTIONING SSB3 after saying they were "pushing" for it at launch?
Come on, what gives?
Then again, Nintendo also didn't mention Super Paper Mario or some other games, but SSB3 is going to be a Wii title.
Maybe they're saving it for later on to try and steal some thunder from the competition. I have no idea.
All I know is that I'm annoyed that it wasn't even MENTIONED. Someone's got to address this and report.
After they said they wanted it at launch and they wait a year for SSB fans to get their hopes up, this is a disappointment.
I want a Wii and I'm vaguely excited about some of the launch games, but SSB3 was THE game for it, and it wasn't even MENTIONED--it's as if it was forgotten on purpose.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
it will be mentioned at some point during e3. whether that means a sorry in an interview, videos + pictures or playable demo remains to be seen :p

im disappointed in the sense that ive been waiting for a 5 second clip of the game since last TGS. and we still have nothing! but when you look at the launch lineup... it just doesnt look like smash brothers was needed in there. it would only eat sales from 3rd parties (many negative effects if this happenned...).

games like metroid prime, animal crossing, smash brothers, pikmin, nintendogs (or equivalent), brain training are all needed after the initial launch period to make sure the wii keeps interest. if nintendo can keep the momentum on this system going after the launch it will do VERY well and thats most important in the end i guess.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher said:
OK, so WTF is up with Nintendo not even MENTIONING SSB3 after saying they were "pushing" for it at launch?
It's obviously far from ready.

DUH

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So I got around to watching the conference this morning, and I admit, it was a great show. Nintendo sold me. I'll be picking up a Wii. You really know what sold me? How freaking fun Wii Sports looked. Tennis, specifically. The character models in the game were hilarious for their game, really enjoyed seeing Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto in there. They should definitely have them as unlockable characters.

I was disappointed there was no Smash Bros., but Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, FFCC2 and Duck Hunt are enough of a reason for me to pick it up. I'll also pick Twilight Princess up on the Wii instead of the GameCube. I just don't think I'd feel like I was getting the full experience playing it on GameCube.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Yea I must admit I was surprisingly impressed with Wii sports. When I first read about it I didn't really think much about it. It seemed ok, but when I saw it played I was like holy **** I wanna play.

Though I was a little dissapointed that SSB3 was not mentioned, I actually rather have it delayed and be great, than have it be rushed and be crappy. Even if SSB3 is not available at launch the Wii has a very strong lineup. More than enough to keep me busy till SSB3 comes out.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't think people mind that it's delayed. People are disappointed because Nintendo didn't say anything about it.

The launch lineup looks awesome, and of course I'll be getting the Wii on launch day. I just want a rough estimate of when Smash is coming.

falcoX

Smash Champion
The Hall of Eternia, Exactly 10 miles west of the
ill admit i was skeptical when there was going to be a "revolution" and this wierd controller came out. then the name "Wii" and i was just like ugh. but (with mcfox's help in making wii sound cool lol) the confrence, and the videos, and everything, makes me really want it. ill be picking up a wii when I can (hopefully launch!)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yay we're all normal again!

Nintendo has convinced me to buy a Wii. I was almost there but I just needed a little push and E3 did it for me. I wasn't going to buy TP at first but with SSBW delayed TP will be taking its place. Super Mario Galaxy is finally bringing 2 player back into the main series and that was one of the things I was really hoping for. I just don't know how much I like this "outer space" idea.

The only dissapointments with their conference was the lack of virtual console details. I need to know pricing! That's going to decide if I ever use this feature.

Fall can't come soon enough.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
It's disappointing that Smash wasn't even mentioned. At least they should have said "Hey, you know what smasher fanboys? We're not going to say a **** thing about your beloved franchise even though its one of the most profitable IPs we've ever had!!!! Take that, suckas!!!!"

. . .even that kind of heckling would have been preferable to complete silence on the subject.

Anyways, Nintendo's sold me on the Wii. And it wasn't the Sports package game (real Badminton >>>>> virtual tennis), or the announcement of MP3/Sonic/Mario that did it. . .it was the fact that they showed a game we all know and love--Zelda--flawlessy integrated into the Wiimote control scheme. And holy crap, Zelda with Wii controls looks like it works, and works well.

Kudos to Nintendo; this crazy remote-control thingamajig might actually work out.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Can you preorder the Wii yet? It looks amazing. The graphics don't quite measure up to the the PS3 and XBox 360, but they're good enough to where I won't feel like they really need to be better... Especially since we haven't seen their full potential yet - we won't see that until later in the console's lifetime (ie: Twilight Princess and Metroid for GCN). The news is only getting better.

F8X

Smash Ace
^^ You probably can believe it or Not. A game store near me LAST YEAR was taking reservations for the PS3 and Halo 3. So I would not be surprised but it is probally unlikely. :(

Anywho no one has mentioned this but it looks like all Wii games are in 16:9 YAY. At least I can fill my 32 in its correct ratio

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
According to people at E3 (posting via laptops and cellphones), there's a 2 hour line to see the Wii.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The ps3 booth is probably getting women to take their clothes off to attract people at this time.

Top Bottom