• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How different is Bayo1? Aside from the new costumes was anything else added? I'm planning on picking up Bayo2 later in November but I'm just curious to know if Bayo1 has any new goodies for people who have already played the PS360 version.

Also, does Bayo1 (and by extension, Bayo2) run closer to the PS3 or 360 version?
I haven't tried the Bayo 1 port yet. Besides the new costumes, Some of the stages have some Nintendo references here and there. I haven't heard of anything else that's new.

And it runs closer to the 360 version.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
3 minutes in bayonetta and my Wii U crashes.
4 minutes after I restart, it does it again.
This happened with the Wind Waker HD, again and again.
This happened once in Super Mario 3D World, and now I think my Wii U has a defect.

This WiiUzela crap happened years ago, with a constant sound sound until you turn it off.
Mine does the same loud sound and then silences permanently a moment after, and it's now making me concerned.
I'm calling nintendo in the morning.

Edit--

Just made a repair order with the warranty still intact. Leaving the disc in because that's best example of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nintendo Direct was announced for tomorrow at 2PM Pacific Time. It's going to go into the games that'll be releasing from now until spring 2015. This is a worldwide direct, so we can't expect everything shown to be released within that time frame for every region.

Soraya Saga has also RTed the tweet.

We should be expecting some Xenoblade Chronicles X for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Couldn't the RT also mean Xenoblade 3D?

Only to spring? Don't know how many surprises they could fit in in that case, probably mostly stuff we already know about... still, this is Nintendo so I won't put it past them to sneak something in.

I hope we hear about some more remixes, Super NES remix or Gameboy remix (dem Pokémon remixes yo!) would be wonderful... or better yet super 16-bit remix so we can get some sonic/mario crossovers?! Yeah, that's not going to happen, but I can dream damnit!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Couldn't the RT also mean Xenoblade 3D?

Only to spring? Don't know how many surprises they could fit in in that case, probably mostly stuff we already know about... still, this is Nintendo so I won't put it past them to sneak something in.

I hope we hear about some more remixes, Super NES remix or Gameboy remix (dem Pokémon remixes yo!) would be wonderful... or better yet super 16-bit remix so we can get some sonic/mario crossovers?! Yeah, that's not going to happen, but I can dream damnit!
That's actually very possible as well. After bringing that up, I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
"I wanna get a Wii U for Christmas, but the Wii U has no games."

Gotta say the holiday season line up is shaping up great, luckily for me I've been progressively buying these games so only Smash and Amiibo will do me in.

VViigi

Smash Rookie
"I wanna get a Wii U for Christmas, but the Wii U has no games."

Gotta say the holiday season line up is shaping up great, luckily for me I've been progressively buying these games so only Smash and Amiibo will do me in.

Besides Smash I am most hyped for Yoshis Wooly world, that looks amazing

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I'm kind of interested in the Mario Maker, but I haven't seen anything on it since E3. Definitely hyped for Splatoon though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I almost forgot about Mario Maker. I'm definitely going to get that when that's out (and it'll remind me how we'll never get another Mega Man Powered Up game). I'm looking forward to all the games next year. I'm happy that not all of them are aiming to be AAA titles in budget and price. If not, we wouldn't have gotten Kirby and Captain Toad.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mario Maker doesn't do it for me yet, I'm happy enough with Mario X... they need to add some new powerups (Racoon Suit and Cat Mario seem fairly likely at this point) and enemies; oh, and sloped floors!

Either way turns out our old friend Rodea the Sky Soldier is now coming to Wii U instead of Wii, so we get anther cool looking exclusive! Comes out spring in Japan.

As for my Wii U hype it sits mostly with Splatoon, though a fair chunk goes to Xenoblade Chronicles X (though with trepidation that the party control is actually good so the AI doesn't ruin it like the first game). Ofcourse Dragon Quest X and Fatal Frame 5 would both exceed those two, but their lack of confirmed translation has me discounting them in normal conversation.

Captain Toad and Wooley World both excite me, but they're a tier lower than the above quartet; they sit alongside Devil's Third, Rainbow Curse, Mario vs DK and, well, Rodea as games I want, but need to see more of before preordering.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm not sold on Mario Maker yet.

From what i've seen it doesn't have all the options possible...(If i'm wrong please inform me)

Like you can't make a lakitu throwing spikies, or like water level stuff.

If it had all the villains and obstacles i'd be more sold on it.

- Edit -

Complied a list of some things I want to see.

- Fire Flower power up
- Starman power up
- 1-Up Mushroom
- hidden blocks
- Luigi playable
- Enemies: Blooper, Bill Blaster, Bullet Bill, Buzzy Beetle, Cheep Cheep (Red, Green, & Grey), Firebar, Lakitu, Podoboo, Spiny, Spiny Egg, Flase Bowser, Bowser
- Toad at the end of the level (with editable text)
- Princess Toadstool able to be put in end of levels (with editable text)
- All worlds and levels/ themes from Super Mario Bros. NES (Water level, castle level, Mushroom level, bridge level, black sky background, etc.)

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
It's criminal if you're on this site and don't own a Nintendo Wii U. If you don't already have one, I suggest purchasing the Mario Kart 8 bundle from Walmart for just $300. That way you'll have the system ready for Super Smash Bros. Wii U's launch on Friday.

Those of you strapped for cash might want to buy a "refurbished" Wii U directly from Nintendo for $200 plus shipping. Word on the street is that these consoles are actually new but Nintendo can sell them cheaper because they circumvent the retail chains.

I got my Wii U in May primarily to play Mario Kart 8 and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the system. Originally I thought I'd need to supplement it with a PS4 but the Wii U has so many great games that I haven't needed any other console.

Last edited:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Meh I can't really justify getting a WiiU just for smash. In the past I definitely would have (like I did with the Wii and Brawl) but I want to see if I actually like SmashWiiU first.

None of the other wiiu games interest me, except for bayonetta 2, but im sure that will come out for the other consoles sometime in the future.

If anyone says mk8, ive played it before and I don't really like it. As someone said before

Mario Kart 8 upsets me. It had so much potential with its drop-dead gorgeous graphics but ultimately its horrible item distribution and balance, messed physics and laggy netcode ruin the on-line multiplayer experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

None of the other wiiu games interest me, except for bayonetta 2, but im sure that will come out for the other consoles sometime in the future.
I hate to break it to you, but Nintendo not only funded and published Bayonetta 2, but they also own the game. They're not going to allow their property to be ported to competing platforms.

Of course Sega still owns the Bayonetta IP, so don't be surprised if a possible Bayonetta 3 goes multiplatform.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
damn that sucks, still dont see me buying a wiiU for bayonetta 2. I don't mind buying a console just for one or two games, but I need to have replay value for me to shell out that much money. Still hoping smash WiiU will actually be to my liking.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
damn that sucks, still dont see me buying a wiiU for bayonetta 2. I don't mind buying a console just for one or two games, but I need to have replay value for me to shell out that much money. Still hoping smash WiiU will actually be to my liking.
SSBWiiU is getting really good reviews although nobody has been able to try out its on-line mode yet.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
tbh I don't even know why I did it considering how burned I felt after brawl

but then again project M

ps3 was a better purchase

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I'm noticing despite being on the market for 2 years, people STILL are not aware the WiiU is actually a new system. We should spread the word and get it out there that this is a new system and it has killer apps already out for it. Anyone who bought any of the last Nintendo systems would be happy with it, especially people who had a Wii.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Nintendo has been advertising Super Smash Bros. Wii U pretty heavily so I suspect a lot of people are aware that the Wii U exists and that it's a proper HD system.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE my Wii U and have been playing Mario Kart 8 and SSBWiiU a ton with friends both on-line and off.

D

Deleted member

I recently bought a Wii U bundled with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land. I've been thoroughly enjoying the former while the latter isn't my cup of tea, though I do see the appeal.

In the near future, I plan on getting the following games:
  • Bayonetta 2 (I never did play Bayo 1, so I'm glad to know that it's bundled with its sequel.)
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Star Fox
  • Super Smash Bros. (obviously)
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Hey I'm not gonna read through 300+ pages but can I get honest reviews on Donkey Kong Country: TF, Wonderful 101, and Hyrule Warriors? How fun are they and why?

finalark

SNORLAX
Hey I'm not gonna read through 300+ pages but can I get honest reviews on Donkey Kong Country: TF, Wonderful 101, and Hyrule Warriors? How fun are they and why?
I don't know about Wonderful 101, but I have played Donkey Kong Country and Hyrule Warriors.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is really good. Like, if you enjoy the DK games it is most certainly worth looking at. It's very well structured and the new partners actually add quite a bit to the game. Although Cranky does make most boss fights a joke it's also one of the more challenging platformers that I've recently played. I will say that its game play does feel surprisingly momentum oriented, giving it a similar feel to the Sonic series but its no lesser for it.

Whether or not you enjoy Hyrule Warrior is going to be based on one thing: Do you like the Dynasty Warriors series? If the answer is no then you'll get bored of Hyrule Warriors very quickly. If the answer is yes then you'll find Hyrule Warrior potentially offers at least a hundred hours of game play if you're willing to tackle every challenge it has. If you've never played Dynasty Warriors and don't know what to expect, its a series based around navigating a battle field and taking key points to complete objectives. The actual combat is based around killing as many dudes as flashily as possible. And while the main story is a breeze the post-game challenges do ramp up the difficulty. Hyrule Warriors really isn't a game for everybody. If you're on the fence I'd suggest picking up one of the Dynasty Warriors games first to see if its your cup of tea.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The original backwards compatible Wii's are probably one of the best bargains right now for video gamers who are strapped for cash. You can often find them cheap on Craig's List and now that Nintendo is selling GameCube controllers again you can use those for GC and Virtual Console games. I still use my backwards compatible Wii often because it's connected to my CRT TV that's ideal for playing both Melee and Project M on.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I own both the original Wii and now a Wii U which gives me access to an incredible library of games. However, I never play any of them because I've become obsessed with Sm4sh. Recently I stayed up till around 2am taking on all comers with main Wario. He and I became so well acquainted that I ordered a neat little Wario figure to keep me motivated when opponents spam projectile attacks against me. Here's the figure sitting on my shelf.

They really captured his essence, no?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I had serious problems with my Gamepad since a fews days. I already posted in the Smash Wii U section but my thread seemed to be completely ignored, and actually it's worse than that.

Sometimes I have several gameplay problems when I play with the Gamepad:
- The one I already described in the thread I mentioned. This also applies to the trophy section. It almost always occurs.
- Still on Smash Wii U, the camera automatically slowly moves down when I pause the game. It occurs somewhat frequently.
- Still on Smash Wii U, I become sometimes completely unable to move my character. It happens fairly rarely, but it is frustrating when it happens on Master Fortress, for example.
- Sometimes in Wonderful 101, a Wonder Line appears automatically like if I pushed down the right stick.
- Finally, the last time I booted Wind Waker HD, the camera automatically slowly moved left.

Does anyone know if it is related to the Gamepad or the Wii U itself? Can it be fixed by sending either to repair? I could play to Smash with another controller, but the only other controller I have is a Wii Classic Pro Controller which is a third-party one with an horribly unresponsive stick, it's impossible to play accurately with it (walking instead of running in SSB in particular is a real pain). I guess I really should buy an official (and expensive) Wii U Pro controller.

Edit: looks like the scrollbar problem in the trophy section can be solved by just pressing the AB+- buttons. Most of the problems I listed were related to some defective stick-related RAM, as this button combination has for purpose to fix this issue. Though there's still the risk of being brutally unable to move my character... hopefully this button combination can solve this issue too, but I don't put my hopes high for this.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Just recently read that the Wii U has sold over 9 million units. I guess this is good news although a lot of people are saying that isn't enough and Nintendo needs to drop the price.

Kinda surprised that Mario Kart 8 and Sm4sh haven't enticed more people to purchase a Wii U. They're both really fun games that everybody who fancies themselves a gamer should be enjoying either on-line or off.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
meh depends on your cup of tea

Sm4sh was the only reason I was gonna buy a WiiU, but with the way they went with the game mechanics I didn't like the game so no WiiU for me (same with mario kart, id prefer it to be like double dash).

finalark

SNORLAX
(same with mario kart, id prefer it to be like double dash).
So, every track is ice?

EDIT: Although in all seriousness DD probably has the highest learning curve out of any game in the series. It's probably the one where your weight and how you drift matters the most. It's a challenging game to master, but can be very rewarding if you do. Granted, said learning curve is probably why Nintendo never brought back DD's physics and game play.

Last edited:

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
I have recently heard of a new Kirby claymation style game for the Wii U. Based on the appearance and name it seems a lot like Kirby's Canvas Curse, the new one being named Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Does anyone know more about this game? I'm interested in it but I would like to know if there is any reliable information in detail about this game out yet, being that it's a new-ish announced game in production if my information is correct.

finalark

SNORLAX
I have recently heard of a new Kirby claymation style game for the Wii U. Based on the appearance and name it seems a lot like Kirby's Canvas Curse, the new one being named Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Does anyone know more about this game? I'm interested in it but I would like to know if there is any reliable information in detail about this game out yet, being that it's a new-ish announced game in production if my information is correct.
We've actually known about the game for a while. Here's the E3 2014 trailer if you haven't seen it yet:

And here's some game play courtesy of JWittz.

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
We've actually known about the game for a while. Here's the E3 2014 trailer if you haven't seen it yet:

And here's some game play courtesy of JWittz.

Ah! Thank you very much. I didn't even think to look for videos at the time. Very grateful for your assistance.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
meh depends on your cup of tea

Sm4sh was the only reason I was gonna buy a WiiU, but with the way they went with the game mechanics I didn't like the game so no WiiU for me (same with mario kart, id prefer it to be like double dash).
Double Dash is a great game but I still think Mario Kart Wii was the franchise's zenith. Mario Kart 8 is prettier but its gameplay is tailored towards very casual players so it gets boring rather quickly since there's no real metagame to speak of.

Sm4sh gets a lot of hate but I enjoy playing it with two or three friends. I don't find it to be that great of a 1-on-1 game, however.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Double Dash is a great game but I still think Mario Kart Wii was the franchise's zenith. Mario Kart 8 is prettier but its gameplay is tailored towards very casual players so it gets boring rather quickly since there's no real metagame to speak of.

Sm4sh gets a lot of hate but I enjoy playing it with two or three friends. I don't find it to be that great of a 1-on-1 game, however.
8 was just disappointing if you played 7 on the 3DS, as they are literally the same game, only with motorcycles, atvs, and zero-g.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
8 was just disappointing if you played 7 on the 3DS, as they are literally the same game, only with motorcycles, atvs, and zero-g.
Don't forget HD graphics and DLC.

But seriously, ATVs and bikes doesn't make the gameplay any different in my opinion, with the exception of how a couple of bikes drift. Otherwise, it's the same thing all around.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mario Kart 8 is also cheaper for four player local multiplayer (1 Wii U compared to 4 3DS) and/or sits in your house, rather than telling your friends to bring their 3DS' over... Convenience is a big factor and 8 is just immensely easier to actually play.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually skipped out on Mario Kart 7, so thankfully the game actually felt fresh to me.

I haven't gotten around to the DLC stuff yet though.

My biggest complaint is obviously the weak battle mode. It's the thing that hurts the game most for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom