• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Booster

Smash Lord
I don't think it will either, but it wouldn't surprise me if it came to North America or at least the EU.
It would surprise me if it came to America atleast, We didn't get Fatal Frame 4 nor did we get the Fatal Frame 2 remake. Instead we got some ****ty camera spinoff on 3DS that sucked

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You must be less attached to video games in general, because most of the Wii U games such as 3D World, Pikmin 3, WWHD, and Mario Kart 8 are smoking hot and still remain that way. Nintendo Land was great too, also The Wonderful 101 and Runner 2. Plus, pushmo world.

Also, Captain Toad, Kirby and The Rainbow Curse, Splatoon, Smash 4. This made me buy it early to prepare for this. Also, I'm still buying the games like it was a steam sale. Up next is The Fall coming out on my birthday, which is this midnight.

Also, New Unannounced Animal Crossing game coming soon. No 50/50, it's happening.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
You must be less attached to video games in general, because most of the Wii U games such as 3D World, Pikmin 3, WWHD, and Mario Kart 8 are smoking hot and still remain that way. Nintendo Land was great too, also The Wonderful 101 and Runner 2. Plus, pushmo world.

Also, Captain Toad, Kirby and The Rainbow Curse, Splatoon, Smash 4. This made me buy it early to prepare for this. Also, I'm still buying the games like it was a steam sale. Up next is The Fall coming out on my birthday, which is this midnight.

Also, New Unannounced Animal Crossing game coming soon. No 50/50, it's happening.
More games then PS4 and XboxOne (So far) worth playing and all of the trailers shown are actual gameplay, meanwhile Sony and Microsoft (and various 3rd parties) give us CGI trailers that inevitably ruin the game for us because it looks more entertaining then the actual game will be.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nintendo is dominating japan this year. Sony/Xbox got shrek'd over there.

Hard to say what's up in america, but the latest smash bros leak has upset me greatly. More upsetting for the company, as they also tracked him down and burned him alive. In a legal way, of course. I find this personally silly as hell, but I made a thread on /r/smashbros looking like I was pissed to kill time. They don't hold back.

"You shouldn't have looked."
"Cry me a river."
"It's your fault. No one forced you to."

Now to be a bit more serious on this situation, the man will have a hard time finding another job as he works (now worked) at nintendo. Leaks really hurt the company, and I get upset over THAT. That stuff may affect the developers by motivation, or the sales after the game is released. I know they'll still do good though, I just feel pretty sorry for sakurai. They can go back to doing character reveals, but I don't know at this point.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's unfortunate for the devs that the leak happened. Leaks happen a lot in fighting games, but I still think there's a lot of excitement to be had when a new character trailer gets shown.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Not a single game on this system has made me want to buy a Wii U.
:link:
For the people addressing whether or not we'll ever see Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden come to N.A. / other territories; I disagree in saying that it will not, and personally believe that it will happen, eventually. Why? Although I can acknowledge the history of the series isn't a plus in outside countries, there are at least one or two signs to believe a N.A. release could happen, and really, I just feel that it will (or I suppose you could say that I'm very much hoping, too). Whatever happens, just to let it be known. . . I'm not going to argue / debate with anyone who disagree's, because to blunt, I don't really care. That being said, here is some new stuff from Famitsu:

- New screens of the game (Japanese text, although I would assume the translations would be in the below link)

- An abundance of information regarding the game

Last edited:

Lobsteri

Smash Rookie
I want to buy Megaman 9 & 10 from the Wii shop channel, but it doesn't seem to accept Visa Electron as a payment method. I also don't want to buy a packaged card that ships, I'd prefer an email. However I can't find a site that sells Wii/Nintendo points and sends them as an email. Any help is much appreciated :)

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Scribblenauts Unlimited is too short and is actually a smaller game then Super Scribblenauts, I don't think anyone should pick it up. There are only 106 Starites whereas Super Scribblenauts has 121. There are also way more levels in Super Scribblenauts. The only reason I'm not returning the game to Gamestop is because there's a limit on how many games you can return to Gamestop.

Gamestop: Butt-****ing Customers since they were created.

Seriously though don't buy it, despite it being a retail release on a console it is not a big game and not worth your money. No Challenge Mode either or Level Creator like in Super Scribblenauts. Why did Scribblenauts Unlimited turn out this way? I don't know how they ****ed it up. Stick with Super Scribblenauts, terrible graphics but much more content and soul. I would've made a thread about this but it would've gotten locked, so I figured I'd post in Wii U discussion.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Last edited:
:link:
For the people addressing whether or not we'll ever see Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden come to N.A. / other territories; I disagree in saying that it will not, and personally believe that it will happen, eventually. Why? Although I can acknowledge the history of the series isn't a plus in outside countries, there are at least one or two signs to believe a N.A. release could happen, and really, I just feel that it will (or I suppose you could say that I'm very much hoping, too). Whatever happens, just to let it be known. . . I'm not going to argue / debate with anyone who disagree's, because to blunt, I don't really care. That being said, here is some new stuff from Famitsu:

- New screens of the game (Japanese text, although I would assume the translations would be in the below link)

- An abundance of information regarding the game
To be honest, Fatal Frame 5 localization at this point is more likely than unlikely

That's just me though

fill

20EggsEggs
Can anyone steer me in the right direction, i'm thinking about getting a lan adapter for my wii u. I'm currently moving my router to the middle of the house and it will be placed right next to my wii. I've looked up what people think and it seems to be split on opinion, some say just use wifi because of the "bottlenecking" that will occur by going through adapter, others say ill get the fastest speed by hooking it up and not going wifi. My internet isnt slow with wifi, but it fluctuates on a speed test. Anyone have any knowledge with this kind of stuff or knows anyone that can assist me. Thanks in advance

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
My NNID is Wyntir if anyone wants to add me. I'm expecting my copy of COD ghost to arrive Tuesday

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Has anyone had this problem where their left thumbstick (presumably because its the most used one) get scratches on the inside and it almost grinds with the inner part of the controller? This is on the gamepad only. I haven't seen this on the Pro Controllers. If so, have you guys found any fixes for it?

fill

20EggsEggs
Has anyone had this problem where their left thumbstick (presumably because its the most used one) get scratches on the inside and it almost grinds with the inner part of the controller? This is on the gamepad only. I haven't seen this on the Pro Controllers. If so, have you guys found any fixes for it?
yep, happens on all of them after time, 64, gamecube etc.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
yep, happens on all of them after time, 64, gamecube etc.
So I take it there's no fix? It bothers me on some occasions. I was thinking about smoothing the sides our somehow, but that'd probs wreck it.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The wording is interesting... especially given how Nintendo co-own the franchise I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they handle the western release; or of course they're waiting to see how Bayo 2 goes before they make the plunge.

We'll see, but I'm still holding out hope!

D

Deleted member

DracXTwitter.png

In all seriousness, while I already have the stellar Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, there is a small chance that I'll download its drastically altered and arguably inferior SNES port, Dracula X. I've seen footage of it on YouTube, so I know what I would be getting into. I'm sure its a decent game, but I'm not in any sort of rush to get it since I have Rondo of Blood.

For those who are curious, here are longplays of both games:

Rondo of Blood
Dracula X

And here's the Virtual Console trailer of the latter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsEQT7Ns9o0

Booster

Smash Lord
Bayonetta 2 demo is apparently out. Everyone should give it a shot.
I tried it out, it's pretty good, probably the most fluent Hack n Slash I've ever played. Only one problem: I kept thinking the entire time that this game didn't belong on a Nintendo system. It's been implanted in my mind since I was very young that Nintendo consoles= Kiddie Games, it's what I learned from my cousins, most of them I don't see anymore, so it's left me open to new experiences. I almost want to switch my Smash Reservation to get Bayonetta 2, but mom is putting pressure on me to not buy too much so close to Christmas and I'd be spending $120 on Smash and Bayonetta 2.

Anyways you guys should try out Lego City Undercover, it's a great game aside from one deadly issue that nearly ruins the whole thing...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I bought a Wii U last weekend. My wife has loved it so far, and we played the hell out of NintendoLand.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Just got my Wii U last week and currently have Super Mario 3D World, Nintendoland, and Mario Kart 8 for it (bundled with the first two).

Planning to get Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed, Bayonetta 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, but any other possible games I might be overlooking that I should try? Lately, I've been into action-y games that I can play for small periods and also short RPGs. I was told I should get EarthBound off the Wii U Virtual Console ASAP, and I plan to get Mega Man X1-3 since I love Mega Man.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just got my Wii U last week and currently have Super Mario 3D World, Nintendoland, and Mario Kart 8 for it (bundled with the first two).

Planning to get Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed, Bayonetta 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, but any other possible games I might be overlooking that I should try? Lately, I've been into action-y games that I can play for small periods and also short RPGs. I was told I should get EarthBound off the Wii U Virtual Console ASAP, and I plan to get Mega Man X1-3 since I love Mega Man.
The Wonderful 101 sounds like a good fit if you're planning on getting Bayonetta 2. As far as Mega Man games go, have you tried Battle Network? It's a nice short RPG and rather fun.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Since you seem to be interested in platformers (unless it's just mario and megaman you like?) I have to suggest DKC Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends and Shovel Knight as all three are among the top % of the genre. Oh and Super Luigi U is a good pick up too, it's pretty terrible co-op but single player it's far better than the original.

As for action games I can only think of Ninja Gaiden 3 (which is an actually good port) and Wonderful 101, both of which you should like if you're interested in Bayonetta. I guess monster hunter is action too but it's too long winded for you by the sounds of it.

How about Gaucamelee? It's kinda both an action fighter game and a platformer with Metroidvania progression; and there are plenty of save points so can you can dip in and out, though the progression does entice you play more.

Amilo and Scram Kitty and pretty good too if you're a little fast and loose with the term action, and they're fairly unintrusive so you can play them for short periods, though the latter has an insane difficulty curve so be careful.

For short RPGs there's always Child of Light, that's a good 'un, and I'd personally suggest Squids Odyssey, but it's a little loose on the genre. You should give Battle Networks a go too if you're a Megaman fan though the series doesn't really get good 'till the later games.

Pier Solar's another good RPG, but it's not so short... and I've hear some good things about Alphadia Genesis, but it's not out yet in english, so it's not a personal suggestion, just something to keep an eye on.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Actually I already have and beat Shovel Knight on my 3DS. :p Tried DKCR and I never got into it, doubt I'll like Tropical Freeze any more than that. I dunno either why that is because I loved the DKC trilogy on the SNES. Rayman never did interest me, although I could never figure out why. I might try it out if I have a shot.

As for Battle Network, no I haven't played it but I feel like I should. As a newly converted Mega Man fan I feel it'd be a travesty if I didn't (didn't get into Mega Man really until early last year, lol).

And no my interest in platformers doesn't completely stick to Mario and Mega Man. I also like Sonic and Kirby, but outside of that can get a little touchy, but that's mostly just my stubbornness.

I heard good things about Wonderful 101.

And most of those RPGs I've either heard of but never seen in action or never even heard of. I think I'll try to look into them, heard of Child of Light at least!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As for Battle Network, no I haven't played it but I feel like I should. As a newly converted Mega Man fan I feel it'd be a travesty if I didn't (didn't get into Mega Man really until early last year, lol).
Ah, better late than never. There's a lot of great classics to catch up on and play. If the first Battle Network feels sort of archaic to you, don't be afraid to go to GameFAQs and DL pictures of all the maps. The level design is the weakest part of the game unfortunately, and it tends to stay that way. This is mostly regarding Internet and not the boss dungeons. I'd say the game shines with the battle system that evolves each game along with a nice story in the first 3 games.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I really recommend getting bayonetta 2 since it already comes with the first game for you mature players out there. I took off my watch-dogs and smash bros preorder for this game and I'll have it by tomorrow morning.

Please keep in mind to play the game from the start. Finish the first, then head to bayo 2.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I second that as well. I picked up Bayonetta 2 already and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't gotten past where the demo ended just yet since I'm going to take my sweet time. It's nice seeing Bayonetta back again.

I recommend anyone with a Wii U to get this game. Getting both games for that price is a steal.

finalark

SNORLAX
How different is Bayo1? Aside from the new costumes was anything else added? I'm planning on picking up Bayo2 later in November but I'm just curious to know if Bayo1 has any new goodies for people who have already played the PS360 version.

Also, does Bayo1 (and by extension, Bayo2) run closer to the PS3 or 360 version?

Last edited:
Top Bottom