• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

finalark

SNORLAX
Don't skip getting the PS4. They have great titles coming up as well.

Kingdom Hearts 3, yo.
I'm actually kinda unhappy with the fact that there won't be a Wii U version, since so many of the spin-offs have been on Nintendo handhelds. It kinda feels like a slap to the balls that the game will be on Xbone but not the Wuu. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm actually kinda unhappy with the fact that there won't be a Wii U version, since so many of the spin-offs have been on Nintendo handhelds. It kinda feels like a slap to the balls that the game will be on Xbone but not the Wuu. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.
Yeah, that surprised me a lot. Kingdom Hearts does have a big audience on Nintendo platforms (and Sony's obviously). But no qualms for me since I do have a PS4.

I would love to see a new Dissidia Final Fantasy make it over or a remastering on PS4.

Back on topic: Did anyone see the list of cheat codes for Shovel Knight? There's over 300!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Don't skip getting the PS4. They have great titles coming up as well.

Kingdom Hearts 3, yo.
There are only about three games that could convince me to get a PS4; a sequel to Frame Gride, Tribes: Aerial Assault 2 or an Armored Core game that plays like the original on the PSX.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just bought ghosts and I'm now exchanging it for black ops 2.

I've never been more frustrated in my life when playing that game with bare any online players in it. I actually thought most have been moving on to ghosts, but I now see why they haven't.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Your first mistake was getting CoD.
Your second mistake was getting it on a Nintendo console.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Well, jokes aside, I'm still going for it.
Bo2 on the wii u is fine, just be sure to have a pro/classic pro controller. It gives you a huge advantage over game pad/wii mote users.

Booster

Smash Lord
Hey yeah it's me again. When do you guys think Animal Crossing will come out on Wii U or if it even comes out at all? I don't like the series, not enough action, but I'm curious why it's not out yet because those games ALWAYS sell systems.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Hey yeah it's me again. When do you guys think Animal Crossing will come out on Wii U or if it even comes out at all? I don't like the series, not enough action, but I'm curious why it's not out yet because those games ALWAYS sell systems.
They always come out later on.

R0Y

Smash Master
I know that, but Wii U needs sales
Smash and a few of the early Wii U titles (NSMBU, Super Mario 3D World, are historically bigger sellers though. There's a free Animal Crossing Plaza in the Wii U eShop if you want a taste of Animal Crossing in HD.

Booster

Smash Lord
Smash and a few of the early Wii U titles (NSMBU, Super Mario 3D World, are historically bigger sellers though. There's a free Animal Crossing Plaza in the Wii U eShop if you want a taste of Animal Crossing in HD.
When I get a Wii U I'll try it, thanks!

Booster

Smash Lord
No problem! It isn't advertised the greatest.
Also...once PS4 and XboxOne finally get started with 8th Gen Exclusives and not just being 360/PS3 ports, will the Wii U even have a chance? Wii's sales plummeted around the time PS3 and 360 became good consoles

R0Y

Smash Master
Also...once PS4 and XboxOne finally get started with 8th Gen Exclusives and not just being 360/PS3 ports, will the Wii U even have a chance? Wii's sales plummeted around the time PS3 and 360 became good consoles
To be a tiny success like GameCube if the goodwill and great games flow, yeah.

Xbox One is still in third overall though, hasn't made up the year headstart of Wii U entirely. Yeah, it'll overcome Wii U, but it wasn't as quick as some people seemed to be expecting or insisting.

PS4 is already #1.

Personally I'm content with the Wii U as it is, but I do wish it was more commercially successful.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The PS4 has a pretty dominant lead considering it was released after the Wii U but I think Nintendo's newest home console will ultimately be a commercial and critical success.

I love my Wii U and I doubt I would enjoy the other two consoles more simply because they're more powerful.

R0Y

Smash Master
No console is Number 1.

All 3 are sort of struggling, but at the same time, they're catching up again.
PS4 isn't struggling right now except in Japan, where consoles in general are struggling.

I love my Wii U and I doubt I would enjoy the other two consoles more simply because they're more powerful.
Yeah, I mean, I'd like for Nintendo's to be both, but at the end of the day, I know I'll enjoy their console the most no matter what.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So, looking at my platinum rank....

It sure is good to be platinum for today's club nintendo elite gifts.

Edit--

Okay, what the actual ****. I had platinum and it's saying I don't.
Another talk to nintendo is going up ahead.

Edit---

Nevermind, the site was acting buggy. Jesus christ.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
So, looking at my platinum rank....

It sure is good to be platinum for today's club nintendo elite gifts.

Edit--

Okay, what the actual ****. I had platinum and it's saying I don't.
Another talk to nintendo is going up ahead.

Edit---

Nevermind, the site was acting buggy. Jesus christ.
Wow! I just checked on it myself. I've been running a little late on purchasing Earthbound for the Wii U, but it seems the delay wasn't all in vain. Definitely receiving that as my Platinum award!
The awards are as followed for people wondering by know of this site:

- Platinum only rewards -
Game & Wario [Wii U]
NES REMIX [Wii U]
Earthbound [Wii U]
Dr. Luigi [Wii U]
Donkey Kong Country: Returns [3DS]
Fluidity: Spin Cycle [3DS]
Dillon's Rolling Western [3DS]
Mario and Donkey Kong: Mini's on the Move [3DS]

- Platinum and Gold rewards -
Ice Climber [Wii U]
Kid Icarus [Wii U]
Super Mario Bros. [Wii U]
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link [Wii U]
Donkey Kong 3 [3DS]
Wario Land 2 [3DS]
Metroid [3DS]
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins [3DS]

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm disappointed in this year's. I wanted something physical like some of the previous years.

With that said though, I'll probably take DKCR for 3DS. One of the better deals for Platinum.
Plus I haven't played the first one, so it works out.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
So. . . Fatal Frame for Wii U now has the official (Japanese) title of "Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Zero: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden)", and is releasing on the 27th of September, 2014. The GamePad will in fact work as the camera (as everyone had imagined), in addition to the game itself having more focus on the element of water. Some interesting news pertaining to the movie adaptations is that there is apparently a planned Hollywood film in the works, with the producer of the Resident Evil movie franchise behind it (that doesn't quite elate me due to the RE movies track record, but we'll see. . .). With that information, though, I'd say that it increases the likelihood of the game releasing out of Japan's region, which is good to hear, because I, as I'm sure many others, am wanting to play this game.

- Here's the link for anyone wanting to see source and whatever.

Edit: Almost forgot! The new trailer will be in the spoiler tags below:

Last edited:

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
According to Best Buy, the GCN adapter will support "a variety of Wii U Games" and "Enjoy your favorite titles, including Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with the familiar GameCube controls you know and love". Not sure if "Brawl" is a typo, but this could be hinting at Wii Mode using the GCN adapter.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Definitely looks good. I haven't played a Fatal Frame yet, so I should probably get around to some of them to kill time waiting for this one.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm feeling positive that we'll get it. Unlike the Wii, I don't think NoA can afford to be picky on which Wii U games to bring over, haha.
Wii had an enormous install base though. I wouldn't really trust NOA to change all of a sudden, even with the sheer lack of games next year. Game would fit great during the next drought.

Fatal Frame is very, very niche, and NOA has never brought over a Fatal Frame since Nintendo earned the rights to the series :( They had two chances, but picked up the spin-off Spirit Camera instead. If that didn't sell well enough..let's just say I'm be worried.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wii had an enormous install base though.
That's what I mean. The Wii was doing great with the amount of owners and its library.

Wii U doesn't have a lot of games and a smaller group of owners, so they can't afford to get picky. So I can see them wanting to localize as many titles as they can.

R0Y

Smash Master
That's what I mean. The Wii was doing great with the amount of owners and its library.

Wii U doesn't have a lot of games and a smaller group of owners, so they can't afford to get picky. So I can see them wanting to localize as many titles as they can.
They have even less chance of making money on the niche titles they do bring over though on the install base, even if that install base leans much more core than the Wii's did. What it would do is pad a very small library of upcoming titles, so I think it's something they need to do, but I just don't trust them to do it.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Fatal Frame is niche? You realise that prior to awakening and their huge ad campaign the same was said about Fire Emblem right?

So let's look at what sets Fatal Frame apart from that game:

Obviously the genre, horror games are going through a sort of revival with stuff like Amnesia kicking off and the first triple A 'pure survival horror' coming soon in the form of The Evil Within. This game will follow the genre's re-emergence, and most importantly is made by a team who have still been working on horror games since 2001... there's a lot to sell on there!

Secondly, unlike Fire Emblem Awakening it's getting a huge amount of marketting in Japan! There's a Manga coming out, a theatrical movie, and this game all coming out with the Zero title; add in an upcoming Hollywood movie and you've got a massive marketing movement by the time the game comes our way.

Third: The controls, everyone's asking for a Camera game for Wii U, and there's one coming! That alone is enough to put in a Nintendo Direct and generate some more hype... and there's already quite a lot of hype for this game!

The marketting in Japan is insane, the timing and Gimmick for the Wii U is something everyone's been asking for, and the genre is re-emerging... the stars are aligned, this is likely going to be the break out hit for the series.

As for the selling to the limited western install-base, you have to consider how this will effect the install base. You'd have practically the entire Fatal Frame fandom buying the console, and with all the promotion going on that fandom is growing, and a large number of Survival Horror fans will tempted into the system, and that's not counting everyone interested in a camera game for Wii U; this is probably going to be quite the system seller with proper marketing.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm kinda weird like this, but I'd actually get Kingdom Hearts III for the PS4 over the Wii U anyways if I was given a choice. The main reason being that the main series has always been something of a Sony affair. Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II were legendary PS2 titles, and now with the PS4, a numbered title in the series finally returns. It'll feel right.

Not that I wouldn't be opposed to a Wii U version for people that want it! But. I'm weird.

R0Y

Smash Master
Xbox One is very close in spec to a PS4, just a bit less powerful. Wii U isn't remotely like either of them and with different, weaker specs and dev tools.

Nothing that can be done about it and I wouldn't worry, just a simple business decision. Xbox One exists and is almost the same so it would be throwing money away if it were PS4 exclusive.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Mega Man Battle Network should be on Wii U already. If anyone missed out on the series and wanted to play it, now's your chance.

The game has aged and is a little rough around the edges, but it's really fun. The series is worth playing it order so you can see how the mechanics evolved and see how the story developed in the first three games.

Xbox One is very close in spec to a PS4, just a bit less powerful. Wii U isn't remotely like either of them and with different, weaker specs and dev tools.

Nothing that can be done about it and I wouldn't worry, just a simple business decision. Xbox One exists and is almost the same so it would be throwing money away if it were PS4 exclusive.
It's really weird since I don't recall the X1 being a console for JRPG/Japanese-ish gamers/fans. Maybe that's me stereotyping but it never stroke me as that type of console. The Wii U seems to fit the bill even more

Then again, power's everything

And that's why Beyond Good and Evil 2 is not going to the Wii U

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Then again, power's everything

And that's why Beyond Good and Evil 2 is not going to the Wii U

And that's why it will probablysuck.

BGE was a masterclass in keeping within the limits and design over technicalities. It's charm comes from it's limitations and it's small scope highlighting the strong human story that ran throughout, the world was small and basic, but that helped bring focus to Jade, Pey'j and Double H's characters and interactions.

With all the power Ancel wants I fear he's going to make a game that misses what made BGE so special... and that putting it on Wii U with the limitations inherent would make a far better game... but hey, we're getting off topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom