• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
In regards to Fatal Frame, there was a 3DS one that made it over here that made use of some book or something that came with the packaging. Heard it was decent. Came out in early 2012. It's probably hard to track down at this point.

I honestly think if people genuinely wanted Fatal Frame Wii U to make it over they would have looked into the 3DS game. Not sure how small or big the fanbase of that series is here in the US, though.

R0Y

Smash Master
In regards to Fatal Frame, there was a 3DS one that made it over here that made use of some book or something that came with the packaging. Heard it was decent. Came out in early 2012. It's probably hard to track down at this point.

I honestly think if people genuinely wanted Fatal Frame Wii U to make it over they would have looked into the 3DS game. Not sure how small or big the fanbase of that series is here in the US, though.
Spirit Camera was a pretty bad spin-off apparently. I'm sure that's the reasoning they'll go for if they don't bring it over, but realistically, people don't want to buy s**t.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I love my Wii U, I've only got like 10 games for it (including downloads), but most of those games are extremely detailed and super fun.

I wish they had more 1st party games released closer together, but I can't complain to much.
I also really appreciate the game pads ability to remote play.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
With amiibos on the rise, I'm quite pleased to destroy my wallet.

More importantly, no one's hype about mario party 10. You get to rage in beautiful HD.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Spirit Camera was a pretty bad spin-off apparently. I'm sure that's the reasoning they'll go for if they don't bring it over, but realistically, people don't want to buy s**t.
It was actually really good, probably the best AR game I've ever played, people just compare it to the wrong things. It's not a Fatal Frame game, and if you want the plot and setting you won't get it here... But that doesn't make it bad.

The biggest problem with the game is it needs the right setting, like a dark, preferably abandoned, house, and you need a torch (flashlight) to view the book... Most people, particularly reviewers, played it in a bright room and wondered why it wasn't vvery creepy...

As a Fatal Frame game it's certainly not great, but as an AR game it's fantastic... But most people have no interest in AR games... And thus most people didn't buy it.

Booster

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm really having fun with Wii U so far, maybe even more then I did was PS2 and PS2 is ****ing awesome.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
My mother does not want to put as much money in gifts for my birthday, so it doesn't look like I'm getting one any soon. I'll have my monthly allowance saved up to buy it later, and in the meantime I can still have my mother pre-order Hyrule Warriors right now.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My mother does not want to put as much money in gifts for my birthday, so it doesn't look like I'm getting one any soon. I'll have my monthly allowance saved up to buy it later, and in the meantime I can still have my mother pre-order Hyrule Warriors right now.
Since you're on this site I presume that you'll want to own a Wii U by the time that Super Smash Bros. gets released?

Booster

Smash Lord
It says on supported resolutions for virtual console games on Eshop that they support up to 1080P, is this true or bull****?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It says on supported resolutions for virtual console games on Eshop that they support up to 1080P, is this true or bull****?
It could be true. The thing is, unless all Virtual Console titles are HD ports of their original games, I can't think of any previous gen game on a Nintendo hardware that was HD, let alone 1080p.

Booster

Smash Lord
It could be true. The thing is, unless all Virtual Console titles are HD ports of their original games, I can't think of any previous gen game on a Nintendo hardware that was HD, let alone 1080p.
It could be remastering like games released on 360's Arcade, such as Symphony of the Night.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Notch is very unprofessional.

Heck his claim to fame is a game that he released to the paying public atleast a decade shy of completion...

Pay him no attention.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
The video games industry in general is very unprofessional.

Case and point, this article about this article on games radar about the Vita: http://www.gamesradar.com/13-ways-gamescom-proves-vitas-future-brighter-ever/

Let me save you twenty minutes and sum it up: "LAWL VITA HAZ NO GAEMZ IF U LIEK JAPANESE GAMES AND VNS UR A LOSER WHO READS LOLOLOLOL"

Seriously, it feels like it was written by a fourteen year old. This is why nobody takes the games industry seriously.

Booster

Smash Lord
The video games industry in general is very unprofessional.

Case and point, this article about this article on games radar about the Vita: http://www.gamesradar.com/13-ways-gamescom-proves-vitas-future-brighter-ever/

Let me save you twenty minutes and sum it up: "LAWL VITA HAZ NO GAEMZ IF U LIEK JAPANESE GAMES AND VNS UR A LOSER WHO READS LOLOLOLOL"

Seriously, it feels like it was written by a fourteen year old. This is why nobody takes the games industry seriously.
To be fair PSVita is pretty ****ty. Currently it's a paper weight, sure it displays in 1080i (Why the **** isn't it P?) but most of the games aren't any different then what you'd play on PS3, it's a bunch of ports, not to mention the memory card prices are ****ed up too and the whole thing is just a mess.

Nintendo 3DS is distinguished from the handheld wannabe known as PSVita. The games are very different from what you'd find on Wii and Wii U and are fun to play, sure it only displays in 240p (Makes no sense because this is the HD Age) but the games are actually games and not a bunch of ports. We have Super Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda Link between Worlds, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, tons of wonderful games. I can't think of one game on PSVita that's remotely interesting aside from Gravity Rush.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Freedom Wars is good... Though it should be a home console game...
Danganronpa I guess...

Other than that the only games worth a Damn are enhanced ports (Atelier and Muramasa are the ones that stand out) and Visual Novels... (though I did also enjoy sorcery saga).

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm not trying to defend the Vita. Actually, I don't really care much for handhelds in general. The only reason why I own a 3DS is because many of my favorite series like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Casltevania and more recently, SMT are all on handhelds with only a few console releases.

The point is said article is horribly unprofessional. There's nothing wrong with writing an analysis article discussing why the Vita is struggling to find a market. Discussing how the console relies on reaching out to niche markets is one thing, going as far as saying (and I quote), "Nothing quite says 'video games' like reading reading 40 hours of text (. . .) games like Danganropa and Virtues Last Reward feature hot reading action. You'll be tasked with expertly pressing X buttons hundreds--nay, thousands-- of times," is another.

Or how about this gem regarding what the Vita's utilities, "The Darkness aint got **** on the Vita's impressively bright screen. Just tun that sucker on and you'll be able to move through inky blackness with ease."

I get that it's satire, but Jesus Christ the prevalence of this sort of thing is why nobody takes us seriously. It's one thing if it was a teenager who wrote that article, but for something written by an adult who makes a living doing that, it's just sad.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ogs-is-the-last-mature-game-planned-for-wii-u

Someone finally gets it!

We have a Wii U because we want certain types of games, and Ubisoft produces plenty of those types of games (Rabbids, Just Dance, Rayman Legends, Child of Light), and this news shows they're actually going to focus on those games for the Wii U rather than wasting those development teams making shoddy ports to the console... Hopefully this means we'll get more Rayman games, and they'll actually grow the balls to keep them exclusive this time!

A lot of media sites are calling this a negative (it's about Nintendo, so of course they are), but I have to say, to me this is great news!

Booster

Smash Lord
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ogs-is-the-last-mature-game-planned-for-wii-u

Someone finally gets it!

We have a Wii U because we want certain types of games, and Ubisoft produces plenty of those types of games (Rabbids, Just Dance, Rayman Legends, Child of Light), and this news shows they're actually going to focus on those games for the Wii U rather than wasting those development teams making shoddy ports to the console... Hopefully this means we'll get more Rayman games, and they'll actually grow the balls to keep them exclusive this time!

A lot of media sites are calling this a negative (it's about Nintendo, so of course they are), but I have to say, to me this is great news!
I like the the Wii U, but I don't see it being my main console, I haven't seen a Nintendo console being my main since N64, they're more like a side dish that goes with the main course (PS2, 360, PS3). Think of Nintendo consoles as the Uncle that visits from time to time. He can be pretty lame at times, but other times he's badass and gives you great presents/Games!

Now why did I buy Wii U before PS4? It's half the price of PS4.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
So. . . Here is the official Japanese box art of Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden for Wii U. I have to say, not only is it looking gorgeous, but it's now making me want the game even more! ;w; Although we do at least have some signs of an international release (North America, if I were to selfishly speak), I'd still want to have confirmation sooner rather than later (not to mention that the Wii U seems to be missing out on the upcoming horror games announced thus far; Resident Evil Remake Remaster, The Evil Within, etc.). . . Perhaps at TGS?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Oh my god, that looks amazing!

Seriously though, Fatal Frame and Dragon Quest X are both more hype than Smash Bros for me.

Booster

Smash Lord
:link:
So. . . Here is the official Japanese box art of Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden for Wii U. I have to say, not only is it looking gorgeous, but it's now making me want the game even more! ;w; Although we do at least have some signs of an international release (North America, if I were to selfishly speak), I'd still want to have confirmation sooner rather than later (not to mention that the Wii U seems to be missing out on the upcoming horror games announced thus far; Resident Evil Remake Remaster, The Evil Within, etc.). . . Perhaps at TGS?
We're not getting the game. We didn't get Fatal Frame 4, we didn't get the Fatal Frame 2 remake. End of discussion, there is nothing to discuss about whether we're getting this or not, the only reason we're getting Bayonetta 2 is because we got lucky. We're not getting Fatal Frame. Europe might get it because they got the remake, but guess which country has the biggest market for games? Uncle Sam, take it away!

Uncle Sam: *Points at himself* This guy mutha****az

Booster

Smash Lord
And yet you only bought a third more than us Europeans...

We didn't get 4 because the control scheme wasn't very good, this one won't have that problem.
We're not getting it. I'm not going to participate in this potential flame war, all I'm going to say is: WE'RE NOT GETTING IT.

Booster

Smash Lord
No flame wars here.

Soo...
$100?
Time-out end 2016, payment by bank transfer.
Si. Anyway, how do you think Smash 4 will affect Wii U?

Edit: After realizing the bet was serious, I pulled my offer. I don't have that kind of money, especially after dropping $225 on a Wii U

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Si. Anyway, how do you think Smash 4 will affect Wii U?
You're on! No backing out now :p

Personally not that well. I think the 3DS version is going to loose momentum very quickly because of it's lack of viable competitive stages and the competition of P:M, so the game's not going to hold the momentum needed to take it through to the Wii U. The sales will be good, but not MK8 levels, and far fewer people will buy the Wii U for it.

In all it will go down as a failure, and the Wii U will trudge along in a quiet second place producing great games that sell well enough to produce a profit (especially when they'r not giving away free games with them *cough*Mario Kart 8*cough*) but never getting huge success.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't think that Smash 4 is going to bring the Wii U the level of success that Nintendo is hoping for. Sure, it will move a few consoles, maybe more than MK8, but it's not going to be the Uncharted 2 of the Wii U. Chances are most people are going to wait for their buddies to get it and just play it at their house.

I do think that the 3DS version will end up selling better. I can't speak for competitive viability but I'm sure everyone is going to have a goddamn aneurysm because it isn't Melee 2.0.

R0Y

Smash Master
Damn...Japan, don't keep this to yourselves. This needs to be localized. Nintendo has all of like 2 retail games in the first half of next year without this. No brainer.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Damn...Japan, don't keep this to yourselves. This needs to be localized. Nintendo has all of like 2 retail games in the first half of next year without this. No brainer.
Not getting it, America hasn't gotten a Fatal Frame game in nearly 9 years, with 2 being released in Japan. Don't say the 3DS Camera game counts, it was a terrible game

Nothing can replace Brad

R0Y

Smash Master

R0Y

Smash Master
Gee, posts I can't read...thanks I guess?
First one is an announcement and a link to its site by Nintendo, and the second one is in English and contains the trailer for the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom