• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
since my other thread got closed down, i would like to know when we will be able to download the everybodys nintendo channel in america
It came/comes out in Japan in November, so it might not be available in the North American region until probably around late December or maybe even next year. Has an offical announcement even been made regarding the American release?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
OMG THE WII TOPIC IS ABOUT TO GO OFF THE FIRST PAGE! FOR THE LOVE OF WII AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, POST!

So to be on topic, I don't like check mii out. and I want an HDD. I hate the wii right now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
OMG THE WII TOPIC IS ABOUT TO GO OFF THE FIRST PAGE! FOR THE LOVE OF WII AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, POST!

So to be on topic, I don't like check mii out. and I want an HDD. I hate the wii right now.
That's really interesting to me. On Kotaku, an anonymous developer in Japan shared your plight saying the novelty of the Wii is going out, and the realization of it's lack of hardware is finally hurting developers. John Cormack (iD developer) called the Wii "a great low-tech console". This was his first "positive" statement on the Wii.

Nintendo has said they will NOT do a price cut any time soon, but maybe they should consider an upgraded model. If they add an HDD, HDMI capabilities, and HD upscaling, they could realistically compete with the other two on a hardware level, quite fast, and for fairly cheap.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well I'm not really concerned about the wii in terms of resoltion, so i only have a 480i TV anyways, but if it was upgraded in terms of power, and with an HDD and DVD capabilities (since it technically already has those) i'd consider a rebuy.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
That's really interesting to me. On Kotaku, an anonymous developer in Japan shared your plight saying the novelty of the Wii is going out, and the realization of it's lack of hardware is finally hurting developers. John Cormack (iD developer) called the Wii "a great low-tech console". This was his first "positive" statement on the Wii.

Nintendo has said they will NOT do a price cut any time soon, but maybe they should consider an upgraded model. If they add an HDD, HDMI capabilities, and HD upscaling, they could realistically compete with the other two on a hardware level, quite fast, and for fairly cheap.
Nintendo doesn't really have much reason to change what they are doing. The Wii is the best selling console this year, which is hardly surprising since around 80% of households only have standard definition televisions. My guess would be that we won't see a hardware upgrade for 4-5 years.

bored

Smash Ace
Ugh, is there anything worth playing on the Wii right now? I'm a little torn that brawl was delayed, not that is bothers me that much. It's just my Wii has been sitting on my desk for the past 4 months collecting cobwebs. SMG and MP3 don't really appeal to me, even though I hear there great and all.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, is there anything worth playing on the Wii right now? I'm a little torn that brawl was delayed, not that is bothers me that much. It's just my Wii has been sitting on my desk for the past 4 months collecting cobwebs. SMG and MP3 don't really appeal to me, even though I hear there great and all.
I find that some virtual console games is great to fill in the game droughts. If you tell me what games you do like, I'd be happy to list some retail, and virtual console games you'd probably like.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I still find Strikers to be the best game out on the Wii right now, but that's just my opinion.

REASONING:

Okay, single player, it's not that great. Still really fun, but not amazing. What's the best is getting three of your buddies together and going 4v4 on the CPU. Those jerks (when set to the right difficulty) are a tactical monstrosity that will swallow you whole by yourself. BUT, if you have a well-trained team, you might just have the time of your life. Of course, if you don't mind the semi-annoying lag, online games can be intense too.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Like I said, Wii is a good console to fill in the blanks when it comes to Xbox or PS3. Having only a Wii to play must be really boring.

Volrec

Smash Lord
So you bought it for brawl ONLY?

greenblob

Smash Lord
You should at least rent one (referring to Galaxy and Corruption).
If you have a friend who has Wii games that you don't have, ask if you can borrow.

If you're into FPS, try Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
GHIII? Seriously, I'm addicted.

Or you could try older games you haven't played before, like Super Paper Mario, or RE4 Wii. There's also umbrella chronicles.

I heard Zack & Wicki is good.

iMichael

Smash Lord
There are alot of games worth playing on the Wii console. There's LoZTP, Mario Strikers Charged and even though you said SMG and MP3 don't appeal to you, at least try them out. Of course Mario Kart Wii is coming out along with Brawl. Most likely there's a Star Fox in the works along with F-Zero, Creators say that Pit may make a come back in his adventure games. So Nintendo has alot going on for them and those are not even half the games I just stated. All I have is a Wii and I play it everyday, I went to my friends house earlier and we played Halo 3 and I got so bored. Plus you can always go online and download those old school games that you once loved and never thought you'd see again.

bored

Smash Ace
I find that some virtual console games is great to fill in the game droughts. If you tell me what games you do like, I'd be happy to list some retail, and virtual console games you'd probably like.
Now that you mention it, I do enjoy N64 games. Any ideas of which ones are the most popular?

So you bought it for brawl ONLY?
Well no, I was more interested and excited about TP, PBR, and Excite Truck, that is until I actually played them.

GHIII? Seriously, I'm addicted.

Or you could try older games you haven't played before, like Super Paper Mario, or RE4 Wii. There's also umbrella chronicles.

I heard Zack & Wicki is good.
Meh, Guitar Hero aint muh' thing. Zack & Wiki? I heard that was a fun overlooked game. Not to familiar with what it's about though.

There are alot of games worth playing on the Wii console. There's LoZTP, Mario Strikers Charged and even though you said SMG and MP3 don't appeal to you, at least try them out. Of course Mario Kart Wii is coming out along with Brawl. Most likely there's a Star Fox in the works along with F-Zero, Creators say that Pit may make a come back in his adventure games. So Nintendo has alot going on for them and those are not even half the games I just stated. All I have is a Wii and I play it everyday, I went to my friends house earlier and we played Halo 3 and I got so bored. Plus you can always go online and download those old school games that you once loved and never thought you'd see again.
Eh, I'll try SMG out, that is if Blockbuster would ever have it for rent. *shakes fist*

bored

Smash Ace
Especially Excite Truck. I tried so hard to enjoy this game. But the motion sensing was really awkward, not to mention how uncomfortable it was holding the Wiimote horizontally.

bored

Smash Ace
Meh, the motion sensing wasn't all that precise. I did enjoy the truck selection though. Maybe if it had online capabilities it would have gotten a little more praise.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
bored:

Geometry Wars is very fun, but you should probably try it out first (maybe try to play a demo at Target on 360 [under Xbox Live Arcade] or try a flash clone, like Luminara).

Super Paper Mario is really fun. I rented it, and I'm going to buy it once it gets cheaper (too many games right now).

Trauma Center is a real gem. I have Second Opinion, and it was a whole lot of fun. However, retailers like Target and Gamestop don't list it on their sites. New Blood just came out, and it seems like it's SO with co-op, leaderboards, and 16:9. I'm picking it up.

If you want good multiplayer, check out Mario Strikers, Umbrella Chronicles (it doesn't suck), and Bomberman '93 for VC (this was the best 6 bucks I've spent. Ever. Seriously, it's five-player Bomberman. Pure fun.)

Oh, and keep your eye on No More Heroes; it comes out in February and is shaping up to be a great single-player experience.

Here's a list of Editor's Choice games from IGN:
http://wii.ign.com/index/choice.html

They usually know what they're talking about, but I HATED Monkey Ball.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
if you like n64, you could check out the ever hyped SIn&Punishment, guarenteed you haven't played it on a console before, unless you imported it.

Zink

Smash Champion
ah, did someone mention Excite Truck? Such an underrated game. Quite a blast in 2P. Very well made.
I'm aiming for SMG and FE: RD for Christmas, and Brawl on launch, mmmm.... right now, I'm trying Accent Core. SO SO SO hard to execute stuff compared to smash, ESPECIALLY without a good arcade stick.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I would recommend Strikers if you want to play with your friends. I stopped playing online becasue the lag was unbearable. It would be one thing if only happened sometimes but it got to the point where it was occuring nearly every match.

If you're just looking for rentals Sonic Rings is a ok game.

edit: They shouldn't have shown the trailer for fragile so early. :(

iMichael

Smash Lord
I got Resident Evil 4 for Wii and that game is great, I had it on gamecube too. I personally like the Wii version better, aiming is alot easier to me. Also Wii play is pretty fun along with Wii sports.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I bought Secret Rings months ago, and I used to have fun playing it, but it just gets so frustrating and I just can't beat it, so I traded it in so I could get Zack and Wiki.

Maybe I should rent it if I get bored...

Sensai

Smash Master
Man...Fragile looks **** cool.

Bored: Here are some good games. Super Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers (for multiplayer), Battalion Wars 2, Metroid Prime 3, Zak and Wiki, Elebits*, Dewy's Adventure*, Super Monkey Ball*....those are only the things I can think up off the top of my head.

VC games that are good: Paper Mario (must own game), Zelda: OoT (you probably own it, though), Sin and Punishment, StarFox 64 (probably own it), Super Mario Bros. 2: Lost Levels+, Kid Icarus+, Ninja Gaiden...some more that are just floating around.

*denotes a special interest in quirky games is required
+means game is unusually hard

[Edit:]

Everyone else has listed games that I haven't yet, so have at it.

Also, open question: Are Wiis widely available where you live?

A for me: No.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There are Wii's in stock here, in Barbados, but that's only because:

No one in their right mind would buy a Wii for $500 USD

And

Most people here don't like gaming, much less Nintendo/Gamecube/Wii/motion sensing/anything without guns or rappers.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
is it 5 players at once? if so, how do you do that, 4 gc controllers and a classic controller?
Yes. Or 4 wiimotes and a GC controller. Or 4 gc controllers and a cc. Or 4 ccs and a gc. Or 4 gc controllers and a wiimote.

I think you get the point.

Zink

Smash Champion
*rise from your grave*
does anyone know how well ARs work curently? For example, can I mess around with it on Melee playing on a Wii without ill effects?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
There was an upgrade a while back which blocked Action Replay.

Unless you haven't updated in a really long time...
Edit: There was a notice: If you try to use AR, Nintendo isn't responsible if your Wii breaks down. >_>

Sensai

Smash Master

That is the most epic thing I have EVER ****IN' SEEN!

[Edit:]

On topic: How many of you guys like the new Check Mii Out channel? I know, it's old news, but I just got it....and found myself enjoying it quite a bit. Me and my girlfriend (who HATES games) flipped through a few pages lookin' for Zoidberg.

....woop woop woop woop woop!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm fairly sure one of the updates a while ago made it so AR doesn't work at all, i think that was for the gamecube ARs, are there even Wii ARs? Anyways, I'm fairly sure GC ARs don't work. Unless you haven' updated in like more than half a year.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
@SENSAI There is a site on the internet where you can view mii's of all varieties. I dont want to do something infraction worthy so i wont list the name unless a moderator clears me.

Top Bottom